MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Ok, I don't even remotely want to start the same old argoment again, but I just wanted to say that it is kinda getting on my nerves that people (not everyone of course), in order to say they enjoyed this programme, compare it to X Factor, calling it a 'freak show', calling the judges (the Italian ones at least) clowns and calling all the contestants talentless. Thing is, if people who say these things had actually watched XF -and when I say watch I don't mean having watched that stupid willy clip on YouTube, but all the episodes, all the dailys, all the rehearsals, all the journeys the contestants and the judges went through - well, if they had properly watched it I would have no problem with it. But it gets on my nerves that people who have only watched a few minutes of it feel like they have the means to judge it all. I never judge something I do not fully know, otherwise I'd judge it out of prejudice. That's just something I needed to point out, that's all.

About the concept of the format, I have to say I find it quite cruel and nonsensical, I mean, these people are singing, are looking for a life-changing opportunity through music, and they have to sing to chairs!? Seriously? With the fear not to be chosen? It just feels like a superfluous dramatization of the situation for me. If I'm auditioning for whatever at least I want to see the people that judge me in the eyes. And also, what people praise about it (at least here in Italy about the Italian edition, which is really horrible) is that you don't judge a singer by his looks. That's true, and in some ways right, but in a pop artist I am not looking for 'the voice' , otherwise I'd go listening to Maria Callas, I am looking for emotions, for interpreting skills, for, basically, a personality, and a personality is linked to the person, to how he/she is (not pleasant or not pleasant, but just 'him/her') the charisma, to the way he/she is onstage.

These are maybe 'overthoughts' about the whole concept, but having said these things, if I watch it without hyper analyzing something that is not meant to be analyzed, but only enjoyed as a show, it is indeed an enjoyable show! Unfortunately I don't have much time to follow it properly and my French is near the zero level XD but from the few clips I saw it really is enjoyable, the judges seem nice and well, Mika is being Mika :), and I'm very happy that French people will appreciate him even more after this (btw, 11 millions of audience is a HUGE number!! I hadn't realized it was so popular in France!). So that's all I wanted to say, sorry if I wrote too much XD

I wanted to write my opinion,but came here and saw you did it first! :thumb_yello: Agree with every your word.I've watched the whole XF and I know what you mean.Mika is exactly the same here as at XF (cannot see where the circus was),the show has the same cruelness,if not more (must be awful to finish your performance and no one has turned),and I've seen a lot of Italian talented people at XF,as I'm sure I'll see here too.Yet one show is crappy,and one not......whatever.

Anyway,I'm looking forward to see the next episodes,I really enjoyed the first part.Although Mika's french is way too advanced for me now,and Garou's french is not french! Sounds to me more like chinese mixed with french :aah: But I like Florent :thumb_yello:

I wanted to write my opinion,but came here and saw you did it first! :thumb_yello: Agree with every your word.I've watched the whole XF and I know what you mean.Mika is exactly the same here as at XF (cannot see where the circus was),the show has the same cruelness,if not more (must be awful to finish your performance and no one has turned),and I've seen a lot of Italian talented people at XF,as I'm sure I'll see here too.Yet one show is crappy,and one not......whatever.

Anyway,I'm looking forward to see the next episodes,I really enjoyed the first part.Although Mika's french is way too advanced for me now,and Garou's french is not french! Sounds to me more like chinese mixed with french :aah: But I like Florent :thumb_yello:

Garou's french is 100% French, just Quebec French, not France French. If you have trouble understanding him, you would just have as much trouble understanding me:naughty:

Mika seems to be the more eccentric of the bunch whereas on X Factor he looked like the only halfway normal person in a cast of clowns. :teehee:

I agree with you that wearing these costumes looks clownish. But it doesn't say anything about what the person has to say, how he worked with the contestants, what songs he did choose, what he values...

I wouldn't judge a book by its cover: XFactor's judges wearing bizarre outfits and not taking themselves too seriously doesn't mean they aren't serious, competent and professional artists :wink2:

I did not say anything about how they behaved as judges. I said they looked like clowns.

I don't understand the invalid reasons and word twisting used to try to justify censoring opinions over the past few months. I am sure those of you who said you loved X Factor after the first half hour were not told your opinion was without merit because you hadn't watched every second of the entire series yet. You don't see me in the thread about not liking Mika's songs telling newbies that they are incompetent to determine if they dislike Lady Jane or Over My Shoulder because they didn't see the 2009 acoustic tour or that they don't know Mika well enough to assess whether one of his songs is good or not. Everyone has their own tastes and can base them on whatever perceptions and experiences they have had.

Garou's french is 100% French, just Quebec French, not France French. If you have trouble understanding him, you would just have as much trouble understanding me:naughty:

Yes,it's french with american accent,but I guess french people understand it very well :thumb_yello: And I see that Mika understand him well too :teehee:

I did not say anything about how they behaved as judges. I said they looked like clowns.

I don't understand the invalid reasons and word twisting used to try to justify censoring opinions over the past few months. I am sure those of you who said you loved X Factor after the first half hour were not told your opinion was without merit because you hadn't watched every second of the entire series yet. You don't see me in the thread about not liking Mika's songs telling newbies that they are incompetent to determine if they dislike Lady Jane or Over My Shoulder because they didn't see the 2009 acoustic tour or that they don't know Mika well enough to assess whether one of his songs is good or not. Everyone has their own tastes and can base them on whatever perceptions and experiences they have had.

Christine, to me saying that someone looks like a clown implies a negative judgment about the person.

I don't think anyone here wants to twist words, we just have different perceptions of what's been written :wink2:

Hello! I read the whole conversation about "x factor vs to the voice" :thumb_yello: .

Personally I followed x factor for 7 years (only the Italian version, I saw x factor U.S. recently but it deserves a separate discussion) and to be "ready" to follow Mika in France I also saw The Voice of Italy in live streaming on the internet. I must say that in my opinion (of course is just my opinion ) the program that really gives me the impression of trying REALLY to find music talents, is x factor. I like it because it's like a public audition, the judges make reasoning and speeches like if they are a record company manager and ask themselves, "Can this guy have the potential for a record company? Has a market? I would invest my money on this singer?"

Because of this argument , we also see beautiful voices go away, but because it is judged the singer in full, even his image, his figure.

This does not mean that we speak of beauty, indeed. Only stage presence and charisma. In Italy, almost all of our singers are at least certainly not a sex symbol, so really it does not matter that aspect.

With The Voice, there is only this voice , but I think this will ensure that will pass the auditions with the production and sing in front of the coach only those who have a more beautiful voice , no matter the charisma , appearance or staying on stage. I always thought that the voice is not the most important thing for a singer, simply because otherwise at least 90 % of the current singers would be wiped out by other singers that have most tecnhical voice. Also, I really like the fact that before the judgment of x factor , singer-songwriters have the opportunity to tell the judges if they are songwriters and often even have the chance to play their song. I think this is fantastic and artistically more interesting than just a voice.

I believe that the voice can only find a talent in that tiny niche of singers who have a very beautiful voice and don't need anything else that is not their voice to move forward.

At the same time , over the years I 've heard dozens of voices able to sing whitney houston very well, but are simply disappeared .

About seeing Mika more relaxed in "the voice" rather than "x factor", I think this depends on the formula of the show. At the voice coaches does not have to take responsibilities, and the rivalry that can be created between the coaches is a kind of rivalry almost playful, partly because as a talent may have got attention from the coach , still coach do not know that singer's world and therefore do not fight to the death for her/him.

In X factor you assume the responsibility to take 3 talents in your hands and guide their artistic journey for 2 months. There are 3 talents that you have to push versus the recording world and you have to invest all you personal efforts on these talents.

It's like a book, maybe from the start you really don't care so much about the characters, but when you keep reading, you start to follow with more and more interest about their life, ecc.

If you mess with them, whit your talents, you have to answer for it and you have the pressure of your choices. You'll also be continually called upon to judge other talents on which the judges have invested as much as you have and you have to take responsibility and also to criticize them harshly if necessary. It's obvious that there is a higher pressure to make XF that the voice.

Ok, really if I'd have a magic wand, I'll tell you guys, you will be all transformed in italian people, because, english is too tiring :naughty:

Kisss

Edited by flavia110

Mika is exactly the same here as at XF (cannot see where the circus was)

No one has said anything about Mika being different to how he was on X Factor. I commented on his appearance relative to the other judges on each show. His relative appearance is based on the fact that one panel of judges is eccentric looking and the other looks more conservative.

the show has the same cruelness,if not more (must be awful to finish your performance and no one has turned)

I don't like it either but the intention of the show is not to humiliate people who are not talented enough for TV. It is a huge and undeniable distinction. I felt terrible for the woman who was rejected this week but she was a fantastic singer. The producers did not put her out there so that Mika and the audience could laugh at her because she was so sh*t.

I found the scene with the boy very upsetting and I think it was a poor judgement call for the producers to advance him to that stage but again I do not think it was their intention to humiliate him. He wasn't a bad singer by any means, he just wasn't on par with the other contestants that were chosen.

It is this humiliation factor that makes the Simon Cowell shows so distasteful to me, at least where Mika's participation is concerned. As cruel as it may be, rejection is a part of the business, public humiliation is not.

I've seen a lot of Italian talented people at XF,as I'm sure I'll see here too.

I totally disagree with that. Like the boy who was rejected on Saturday, I don't think the X Factor contestants were of the same calibre as the ones who were chosen on The Voice. I even went back and watched some X Factor clips last night and actually I have to revise my comparison of Mika's girls with Marina because Marina is clearly better.

Perhaps one of the issues is that I cannot get past badly accented singing of English songs. It sounds just as awful to my ears as off pitch notes. There was also a girl on The Voice with this problem and I don't think it's a coincidence that the French judges liked her but Mika and Garou both rejected her. I'm sure they were both hearing what I was hearing.

Garou's french is 100% French, just Quebec French, not France French.

I find him easier to understand than Mika now. :naughty:

Christine, to me saying that someone looks like a clown implies a negative judgment about the person.

I don't think anyone here wants to twist words, we just have different perceptions of what's been written :wink2:

I didn't want to twist words either. I think I just perceived it similar to Mari. If that wasn't what you wanted to say, than I take it back.

Xfactor auditions are not public either. Before the real auditions they have already selected the best singers and the worst. I have friends who entered these auditions so I know what I'm saying here.

And honestly what is the big problem? I say I prefer the Voice over Xfactor because of the reasons I mentioned. Others have as well and yet we get this whole discussion about how Xfactor is the bomb and the Voice is crueler. Honestly I could turn that around. How can you say Xfactor is better if you haven't seen the entire series of The Voice?

I like it because it's like a public audition, the judges make reasoning and speeches like if they are a record company manager and ask themselves, "Can this guy have the potential for a record company? Has a market? I would invest my money on this singer?"

Since when are singers like Mika qualified to do this? I actually used to enjoy American Idol a lot because Simon Cowell is very good at this. His entire career has been finding and developing pop music talent and he's been very successful at it. But I don't think you can replace him with people who are on the other side of it. Mika is struggling with his own record company/marketing issues nevermind taking it on behalf of undeveloped artists.

Because of this argument , we also see beautiful voices go away, but because it is judged the singer in full, even his image, his figure.

This does not mean that we speak of beauty, indeed. Only stage presence and charisma. In Italy, almost all of our singers are at least certainly not a sex symbol, so really it does not matter that aspect.

With The Voice, there is only this voice , but I think this will ensure that will pass the auditions with the production and sing in front of the coach only those who have a more beautiful voice , no matter the charisma , appearance or staying on stage. I always thought that the voice is not the most important thing for a singer, simply because otherwise at least 90 % of the current singers would be wiped out by other singers that have most tecnhical voice.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the contestants on The Voice have already been vetted for stage presence, etc. The judging panel doesn't judge them on that basis but I'm sure the contestants have been judged all along the process that leads to putting them on the show.

It's like a book, maybe from the start you really don't care so much about the characters, but when you keep reading, you start to follow with more and more interest about their life, ecc.

Yes I can see how you would get very invested in a show like that if you enjoy it. I read yesterday that the ratings for The Voice UK dropped off sharply after the auditions and it doesn't surprise me, because as I said yesterday I am not particularly looking forward to the next phases. Maybe I'll get invested in it as well because I have no idea where the show is going, but I wouldn't be surprised if I lose interest in it.

No one has said anything about Mika being different to how he was on X Factor. I commented on his appearance relative to the other judges on each show. His relative appearance is based on the fact that one panel of judges is eccentric looking and the other looks more conservative.

I don't like it either but the intention of the show is not to humiliate people who are not talented enough for TV. It is a huge and undeniable distinction. I felt terrible for the woman who was rejected this week but she was a fantastic singer. The producers did not put her out there so that Mika and the audience could laugh at her because she was so sh*t.

I found the scene with the boy very upsetting and I think it was a poor judgement call for the producers to advance him to that stage but again I do not think it was their intention to humiliate him. He wasn't a bad singer by any means, he just wasn't on par with the other contestants that were chosen.

It is this humiliation factor that makes the Simon Cowell shows so distasteful to me, at least where Mika's participation is concerned. As cruel as it may be, rejection is a part of the business, public humiliation is not.

I totally disagree with that. Like the boy who was rejected on Saturday, I don't think the X Factor contestants were of the same calibre as the ones who were chosen on The Voice. I even went back and watched some X Factor clips last night and actually I have to revise my comparison of Mika's girls with Marina because Marina is clearly better.

Perhaps one of the issues is that I cannot get past badly accented singing of English songs. It sounds just as awful to my ears as off pitch notes. There was also a girl on The Voice with this problem and I don't think it's a coincidence that the French judges liked her but Mika and Garou both rejected her. I'm sure they were both hearing what I was hearing.

I find him easier to understand than Mika now. :naughty:

You probably understand Garou better because you're used to hear our French. Plus, he's not into as lenghty and quite intricate explanations as Mika:thumb_yello:

And I totally agree with accent: if you can't get it, better stick to your language

I didn't want to twist words either. I think I just perceived it similar to Mari. If that wasn't what you wanted to say, than I take it back.

Well it is not a compliment to be sure but it has nothing to do with their ability to judge music, of which I know nothing. I just think they look ridiculous and I find it embarrasing to see Mika in the same group and beginning to dress like them and wearing horrid makeup, etc.

As I've said before, I'm not a fan if these talent shows, but if I were someone who wanted a singing career, I would choose to go on The Voice, as I feel it is more weighted towards encouraging singers with their own style and presence that X Factor which is looking to find someone to mould into a style.

Like the boy who was rejected on Saturday, I don't think the X Factor contestants were of the same calibre as the ones who were chosen on The Voice.

I wonder why. Don't we have in italy a singer talented as much as they are? Or the talented ones didn't apply?

Both explanations don't make sense, so I keep wondering.

Perhaps the judges let go the talented ones in order to choose the more suitable for the show?

I don't have an answer.

Xfactor auditions are not public either. Before the real auditions they have already selected the best singers and the worst. I have friends who entered these auditions so I know what I'm saying here.

Certainly there are auditions before going in front of X Factor's judges, I know that but I was talking about the fact that the x factor auditions are more real and appear similar to a REAL audition, instead of those auditions of the voice whose are artificially built around the particular formula of that particular show. And personally this kind of formula bored me after a while, but it's entirely subjective, in fact millions of people love it!

Honestly I could turn that around. How can you say Xfactor is better if you haven't seen the entire series of The Voice?

I think this is a question to Teresa, because I don't think you have to watch entire show to have a personal opinion about it :wink2:

Since when are singers like Mika qualified to do this? I actually used to enjoy American Idol a lot because Simon Cowell is very good at this. His entire career has been finding and developing pop music talent and he's been very successful at it. But I don't think you can replace him with people who are on the other side of it. Mika is struggling with his own record company/marketing issues nevermind taking it on behalf of undeveloped artists.

In my opinion, Simon Cowell is a special case , and as the creator of X Factor , he succeeds to find the best talents in this formula. Indeed, in x factor Italy, there was a big record producer in the early editions, she has found a lot of talents as Gianna Nannini and Tiziano Ferro (singers very important in our contemporary musical culture) but she doesn't concluded anything with x factor and she has bet on singers who have even participated in Sanremo thanks to her power, but who have not established in italian musical industry.

On the contrary, Morgan, who is "just" a musician (and therefore on "the other side") has found many artists who also make music and have now found their place in the italian music industry. At the end of all, I strongly think music producer's work is an ongoing challenge, no one can really know what will appeal to the public or not, and for how many studies can be done, at the end you can not control the art or music. Moreover, qualified music producer thought Mika had no chance because he were too strange or different from the music scene of that period, and they was wrong!

Obviously, I don't want to say music producers aren't better of the singers in their work, of course they are! But I also think singers could have the right sensibility to make brilliant and brave choices!

Edited by flavia110

Ladies you are arousing my curiosity to come to Paris for a show ...:fisch:

:huglove:

Then go! I'm surprised there are still seats available, I would have think about it if I wasn't stuck here on my project :mf_rosetinted:

When I hear the words "seats available" I think about the struggle we had here, impossible to find a seat for XF (ok, I didn't try, but....)

I wonder why. Don't we have in italy a singer talented as much as they are? Or the talented ones didn't apply?

Both explanations don't make sense, so I keep wondering.

Perhaps the judges let go the talented ones in order to choose the more suitable for the show?

I don't have an answer.

I don't know. I don't know anything about the pool of talent in Italy. But I think Canada has produced its fair share of pop megastars and yet our English talent shows are never going to compare to the US ones. The Americans know how to do TV and we don't. And because of that you are not going to see the same hype around a show and the same response rate as you get in the US. They audition literally 100,000 people for American Idol. I think they got lucky that Kelly Clarkson won the first one but after that the show was so huge that good singers are going to come to them.

Oh, jesus, I didn't want to cause an issue. I was not saying AT ALL that Xf is better than the voice, I was just getting tired of people using XF as the negative pole when, as a matter of fact, it isn't.

OF COURSE everyone is entitled to express their own opinion, what I was complaining about is the fact that often these opinions are not based on real facts, but only on a subjective perspective, based on an undeniable very poor knowledge of the issue.

What I was basically trying to say is that before judging something I have to at least know that something. I don't think it is such an out-of-the-world thing to say, and I certainly didn't even attempt to give a judgement about the voice.

Saying Italian XF is the same as the others because they mould the contestants into something that they are not is not an opinion, it is a false thing, deriving from ignorance about the issue. Everyone here who has properly watched XF, people who even were skeptical at the beginning- DerMoment, krysady, Nina and the others- I am sure no one of these people will say that XF tried to change the contestants.

I mean, take the Ape Escape, they are the furthest thing from a pop star, yet, for their talent and for basically being themselves (which includes old and ugly), they reached the final and they even cowrote their own final song. Take Violetta, whom I didn't even like, she could have easily been transformed into a wannabe teen idol, but she wasn't, she remained the girl with the ukulele and she tried to filter every song through her personality. Take Michele, the winner, who has a pretty face and a pleasant voice that could easily give him success among the teens; he managed to stick to his personality, his ability to mean the things he sings, his 'old Italian songwriter vibe', which is very far from what young Italian girls generally listen to now: he basically remained himself. And that's why people liked him so much, because he showed his own personality in his singing. And his final song is perfectly in line with his path during the programme.

And I am sure everyone who has watched it will confirm that no one was even remotely humiliated (please do not come up with the willy thing because it really was a 1 minute of hysteria by Mika because of the linguistic accident, not because of the girls themselves).

And about 'the calibre' of the contestants, that is very very subjective, one can't only state that 'they are better'. Someone like Michele might not appeal to you, but for example he does to me, I find a depth and honesty is his singing that is very rare. But you can't just say 'the voice contestants are better', because, written like this, you state as a fact something that is just your own opinion, that therefore is not shared by everyone-me included.

And about the judges, I see nothing bad about not taking themselves too seriously, as long as their work and their approach IS serious- and it was.

That's all, I certainly didn't want to create the dualism the voice-XF, I just wanted to show that there is actually no dualism, but maybe I didn't get my point across, so I explained it again.

I understand now what you mean,and it's normal to be different,they are different people.IMO being more conservative doesn't necessarily means better,you know that usually artists are a little more eccentrics than average :naughty:

Let's wait and see.You know,I also thought the same first when I've heard Gaia (one of Mika's girls at XF) that she is the best,she did great at auditions,but during the show she couldn't find herself anymore,dunno why :dunno: I'm very curios to see Marina's evolution,I like her voice,but for now my favorite is Igit :wink2:

But is your view on these things also not subjective Teresa? How do you know how much of the show I have seen? Basically dismissing my opinion as false and yours as valid troubles me because yes you may think the contestants were great and unique but I do not. Yours is as much an opinion as mine.

But I don't care. No matter how much you keep saying we are wrong, I won't change my mind about Xfactor. You obviously are a fan of the show so you will keep your positive opinion about it. That is fine. I prefer the Voice times a million and if he would choose to do a second season of any of these two shows, it's the Voice. But I hope neither in favour of new music.

But is your view on these things also not subjective Teresa? How do you know how much of the show I have seen? Basically dismissing my opinion as false and yours as valid troubles me because yes you may think the contestants were great and unique but I do not. Yours is as much an opinion as mine.

But I don't care. No matter how much you keep saying we are wrong, I won't change my mind about Xfactor. You obviously are a fan of the show so you will keep your positive opinion about it. That is fine. I prefer the Voice times a million and if he would choose to do a second season of any of these two shows, it's the Voice. But I hope neither in favour of new music.

Of course it is subjective, Ingrid, but I was not referring to liking a programme or the other, that's absolutely normal and legit, I was referring to saying things like 'XF moulds the contestants in something else'. That is not an opinion anymore, it is something that does not reflect reality, at least for the Italian one. It's not that I am a fan of the show, I have enough critical sense to see both the good sides and the bad sides, and one of the good sides about it (I repeat, I am talking about the Italian one) is the fact that the contestant's personality is not moulded into a commercial product. Do not get me wrong, I totally accept and even understand the other criticisms, it might have been too eccentric, you might have not liked anyone of the contestants, it might have been boring or whatever, but you can't say that the contestants' personalities were changed in order to sell, if you have actually watched it. I can even accept the definition of a 'freak show' or a circus if we are talking about the appearance of the show, about Morgan's costumes and about Elio's wigs, but that applies only for the external side of it. The judgements, the song choices, the rehearsals, etc are not a circus, that is objective, not anymore subjective. That's why I was saying it is important to know it before judging, and I am absolutely NOT blaming you for not having watched it (I assumed you haven't watched it simply because you made your point quite clear that you weren't going to watch any talent show since you were not interested; btw I am not going to follow the voice either properly because of the language barrier)I am just saying that some negative judgements that fully apply to the concept of XF as a programme do not apply for this particular programme. And believe me I am not saying this for nationalism or whatever. It is just an objective thing, that anyone who has followed the show can confirm. That does absolutely not mean that IXF is the greatest show or that it is the enchanted valley of music, it is far from that, but there are some undeniable good sides. I am not trying to change anyone's mind or to impose my opinions, I just wanted to point out that some things that are valid for the concept itself are not valid for this particular case, that's all. Sorry if it came out wrong :) now I will stop it because I'm getting off-topic, after all this is the voice thread! ;)

What I was basically trying to say is that before judging something I have to at least know that something.

You mean "judging something negatively" don't you? Or did you also tell Krysady, Nina, DerMoment et al that their opinion was getting on your nerves because they hadn't watched every single episode of the series yet before deciding they liked it and that it was worthy of Mika's reputation? These rules that some are inventing about why opinions shouldn't be expressed on MFC only seem to apply to people who have so-called "negative" opinions and not anyone else. If we're not allowed to talk about anything that some people find boring or repetitive or not based on a PhD in watching a TV series then we may as well close this thread along with hundreds of others.

I don't think it is such an out-of-the-world thing to say, and I certainly didn't even attempt to give a judgement about the voice.

Saying Italian XF is the same as the others because they mould the contestants into something that they are not is not an opinion, it is a false thing, deriving from ignorance about the issue.

I did not say any of that in relation to my opinion about The Voice. I said the judges looked like clowns on X Factor and the calibre of singing is better on The Voice. My opinions on those two topics are not based on ignorance. Your opinions on those two topics are not based on facts that I don't possess. They are based on our own tastes and preferences.

And about 'the calibre' of the contestants, that is very very subjective, one can't only state that 'they are better'. Someone like Michele might not appeal to you, but for example he does to me, I find a depth and honesty is his singing that is very rare. But you can't just say 'the voice contestants are better', because, written like this, you state as a fact something that is just your own opinion, that therefore is not shared by everyone-me included.

As far as I'm concerned it goes without saying that everything I state that is by its very nature an opinion is just my opinion. I shouldn't have to qualify everything I post about what I think is good and what isn't with "in my opinion". Does anyone here really mistake what I said about the calibre of singing as an objective fact? Or are you simply annoyed at the idea that I might think my own opinions are facts? Because I don't.

I understand now what you mean,and it's normal to be different,they are different people.IMO being more conservative doesn't necessarily means better,you know that usually artists are a little more eccentrics than average :naughty:

I never said being conservative is necessarily better. I said I was embarrassed to see Mika among clowns and beginning to look like them. If people like their style that is up to them. I'm only talking about what I think.

I'm very curios to see Marina's evolution,I like her voice,but for now my favorite is Igit :wink2:

Yes he's my favourite at the moment too but it's early days yet.