MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Everyone here who has properly watched XF, people who even were skeptical at the beginning- DerMoment, krysady, Nina and the others- I am sure no one of these people will say that XF tried to change the contestants.

I agree with you for that :thumb_yello: Ape Escape :wub2:

Then go! I'm surprised there are still seats available, I would have think about it if I wasn't stuck here on my project :mf_rosetinted:

When I hear the words "seats available" I think about the struggle we had here, impossible to find a seat for XF (ok, I didn't try, but....)

:huglove:

You mean "judging something negatively" don't you? Or did you also tell Krysady, Nina, DerMoment et al that their opinion was getting on your nerves because they hadn't watched every single episode of the series yet before deciding they liked it and that it was worthy of Mika's reputation? These rules that some are inventing about why opinions shouldn't be expressed on MFC only seem to apply to people who have so-called "negative" opinions and not anyone else. If we're not allowed to talk about anything that some people find boring or repetitive or not based on a PhD in watching a TV series then we may as well close this thread along with hundreds of others.

For me it's not about judging something negatively but about having made yourself an impression. And with that I don't mean you have to watch the whole show, but to have watched something. I would never say something against your or Ingies opinion of TVF for example, even if it would have been totally bad, because you watched an episode (well, maybe [probably :mf_rosetinted:] in an "I don't share you view because…" way :naughty:). And if you'd have watched one or two episodes of XFI and than said it's nothing different to any other XF you know with all the things you are criticising about it, totally okay, each to their own perception. What I don't understand is saying things like "They are not really looking for talent, but for entertainment and someone to mold into what the producers want" without having watched anything at all. I really don't understand it.

And something not related to the above part now, I just have the feeling that I need to say it one time, because I have the feeling that somehow I come across as a XF fangirl because I'm arguing pro XF all the time :mf_rosetinted:: I don't think it's the perfect music show or something, it has it's problems, with my perception I just didn't saw some of the criticised things on XFI (which I've seen in other talent formats)

For me it's not about judging something negatively but about having made yourself an impression. And with that I don't mean you have to watch the whole show, but to have watched something. I would never say something against your or Ingies opinion of TVF for example, even if it would have been totally bad, because you watched an episode (well, maybe [probably :mf_rosetinted:] in an "I don't share you view because…" way :naughty:). And if you'd have watched one or two episodes of XFI and than said it's nothing different to any other XF you know with all the things you are criticising about it, totally okay, each to their own perception. What I don't understand is saying things like "They are not really looking for talent, but for entertainment and someone to mold into what the producers want" without having watched anything at all. I really don't understand it.

I have watched parts of Xfactor as I am not going to comment on that I do not know. Hence why I watched parts of the Voice even though I was skeptical. I was just not impressed by Xfactor and was pleasantly surprised by The Voice.

What I don't understand is saying things like "They are not really looking for talent, but for entertainment and someone to mold into what the producers want" without having watched anything at all. I really don't understand it.

I have not been saying that in this thread. As I told you the other day I don't see the point in arguing about these things anymore. I am not interested in rehashing this. All I said was that I prefer the Voice because the judges don't look like clowns and the talent is of a higher calibre.

But if you really want to know what I think on this subject...I would never say the Voice is better than X Factor due to the X Factor producers molding the artists because I am sure this is also happening on the Voice. Don't you think the incredibly high proportion of auditions that the producers vet versus the ones who make it to the TV show judges ensures this with a high degree of certainty? Do you believe Marina's name was drawn from a hat randomly among, let's say, 20,000 applicants so that Mika can now take sole responsibility for her inclusion on the show and her development and we can all applaud him because he is so independent and true to himself and she is the proof? Aside from ending up with Jenifer what other outcome would have been likely?

How is X Factor any different from this? What can you possibly view during a public broadcast that can assure you that the producers are leaving everything that happens to the contestants in the judge's hands? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly naive to give the judges all the credit for the outcome of any of these shows as if the producers have not orchestrated 95% of it well in advance of the tapings. I don't want to argue about it but if I'm going to be called ignorant for an opinion I haven't even expressed...well this is my actual opinion.

Sorry DerMoment you are a very reasonable person and I always respect your point of view so this is not directed at you but a general response to what has been said in the thread. I am a little weary of myself and a couple of other people being painted as the problem here. I am not the one calling people ignorant. I am not the one telling others what they should think or not think. I am not the one dredging up old disagreements about X Factor.

I have not been saying that in this thread. As I told you the other day I don't see the point in arguing about these things anymore. I am not interested in rehashing this. All I said was that I prefer the Voice because the judges don't look like clowns and the talent is of a higher calibre.

But if you really want to know what I think on this subject...I would never say the Voice is better than X Factor due to the X Factor producers molding the artists because I am sure this is also happening on the Voice. Don't you think the incredibly high proportion of auditions that the producers vet versus the ones who make it to the TV show judges ensures this with a high degree of certainty? Do you believe Marina's name was drawn from a hat randomly among, let's say, 20,000 applicants so that Mika can now take sole responsibility for her inclusion on the show and her development and we can all applaud him because he is so independent and true to himself and she is the proof? Aside from ending up with Jenifer what other outcome would have been likely?

How is X Factor any different from this? What can you possibly view during a public broadcast that can assure you that the producers are leaving everything that happens to the contestants in the judge's hands? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly naive to give the judges all the credit for the outcome of any of these shows as if the producers have not orchestrated 95% of it well in advance of the tapings. I don't want to argue about it but if I'm going to be called ignorant for an opinion I haven't even expressed...well this is my actual opinion.

Sorry DerMoment you are a very reasonable person and I always respect your point of view so this is not directed at you but a general response to what has been said in the thread. I am a little weary of myself and a couple of other people being painted as the problem here. I am not the one calling people ignorant. I am not the one telling others what they should think or not think. I am not the one dredging up old disagreements about X Factor.

From what I understood, Marina was a finalist on XF France a few years ago so I don't think it's a coincidence she was at The Voice too... But it still doesn't guarantee that anyone will choose her.

I have watched parts of Xfactor as I am not going to comment on that I do not know. Hence why I watched parts of the Voice even though I was skeptical. I was just not impressed by Xfactor and was pleasantly surprised by The Voice.

Okay, somehow I was under the impression you didn't watch anything. Well, than let's settle on that we perceive XF differently handshake.gif

From what I understood, Marina was a finalist on XF France a few years ago so I don't think it's a coincidence she was at The Voice too... But it still doesn't guarantee that anyone will choose her.

Of course there are no absolute certainties. They could have all rejected her. I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise. But the idea that Mika's mindset and tastes and opinions are going to guarantee that the show is different doesn't hold any water. He is not in control of who is accepted or rejected during the majority of the process. If they gave him nothing but Whitney Houston clones that's what he'd be stuck with. So if, instead, he ends up with some potential French folk singer- is that really Mika's doing or the producers who put her in front of him rather than one of the other 19,999 people they could have chosen?

I really had problems to recognize Underwater in the beginning and I think Julie sings to much with her nose, she is absolutely not my cup of tea with this song. Looking Forward to other songs from her. Leila reminds me very much to a German singer calles Anette Luisianne with her voice. I really could enjoy the show :wink2:

After listening to Mika singing Barbie girl I will never forget the lyrics again, LOL.

I really had problems to recognize Underwater in the beginning and I think Julie sings to much with her nose, she is absolutely not my cup of tea with this song. Looking Forward to other songs from her. Leila reminds me very much to a German singer calles Anette Luisianne with her voice. I really could enjoy the show :wink2:

After listening to Mika singing Barbie girl I will never forget the lyrics again, LOL.

Is there a clip of that anywhere?

Christine, I am really sorry that you took it personally, and it is partly due to my wrong choice of words. First of all, my post about the moulding of the contestants was an answer not to your post but to what Ingrid had written a few posts ago, and we discussed it furthermore in the following posts, where I said that I had no problem accepting your criticism of the 'clownish' side of the show. That was just a misunderstanding because I always forget to write who I am actually writing to, my fault. XD And, more important, I never meant to call you ignorant, I have realized I chose a too harsh word to express a simple concept, I basically wanted to say that you have no full knowledge of the XF 'situation', it might have come off as offensive, and I am sorry about it. And, as I said a million times before, I am not denying anyone the right to say anything, or trying to state my opinions as an universal truth, I was just poiting out something. Sorry if I came across in the wrong way. Anyway, I agree to end this conversation, nothing will add anything, I just wanted to make some of my previous words clear. :)

I have not been saying that in this thread.

When writing I hadn't solely you in mind, but different opinions written on XFI, so disregard it concerning you :thumb_yello:

About the rest, I've read it, have some thoughts, but won't answer, as I don't want to open up a new talent show discussion. But it's not meant as ignoring or not respecting what you wrote ;):)

Is there a clip of that anywhere?

Only the singing part (thanks stephatchoum):

KR-YcdUJRNw

And with background of the scene (around 16:00 the "I only listen to Aqua", and around 18:00 the singing)

bia4u6qbryM

I really listened to the "Aquarium" album today :naughty: It was one of my first pop cassettes, haven't listen to it for probably 10 years or so, but really liked it back than :teehee:

I prefer 100% "The voice" to XFactor.

I watched XF in UK & USA & never liked it. I've watched The Voice in USA & Quebec and liked the show's format. So i am interested in the France "The Voice"

And it's the first time i hear that Quebec French isn't french... it's like saying mexicans don't speak spanish or Americans don't speak English.

It may sound different, but it is still the same language :blink:

Only the singing part (thanks stephatchoum):

KR-YcdUJRNw

And with background of the scene (around 16:00 the "I only listen to Aqua", and around 18:00 the singing)

bia4u6qbryM

I really listened to the "Aquarium" album today :naughty: It was one of my first pop cassettes, haven't listen to it for probably 10 years or so, but really liked it back than :teehee:

:aah: I wish our "Aqua-Lene" could see this little singing clip of "Barbie girl" - funny :naughty: Lene was one of the judges in the Norwegian The Voices 2013, and it was also one of her artists, who won the competition...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I don't know why,but reading all this discussion I got the impression that I (and maybe others) wasn't well understood: I'm not a fan of XF or the Voice at all.I did tried to watch our XF and didn't liked it.Also I've watched our Voice for two-three years,and didn't liked it,all the good contestants got eliminated before the final :aah: But the Italian show was very interesting and exciting,involving a lot of good music,talented people,and passionate judges,IMO.And Mika was him,he did a great job acting freely and witty during the whole contest.I haven't felt,not even for a second,that he was forced to do smth to please the producers,or that someone from the contest have been humiliated.I didn't know at the beginning,but I really enjoyed the show.

That's why I think maybe it was not clear that we are talking here about two different things:the general concept of the show,and this particularly Italian version.We can't judge everything by some preconceived ideas,it's not fair.It's like you'd say that all the Chinese people are short,which is not true. But everyone is entitled to have their opinion,based on whatever they want to believe,and no one can deny it,so let's move on :thumb_yello: (sorry for so much off-topic rant :blush-anim-cl: )