MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I prefer 100% "The voice" to XFactor.

I watched XF in UK & USA & never liked it. I've watched The Voice in USA & Quebec and liked the show's format. So i am interested in the France "The Voice"

And it's the first time i hear that Quebec French isn't french... it's like saying mexicans don't speak spanish or Americans don't speak English.

It may sound different, but it is still the same language :blink:

in my opinion for example, the Italian version of The Voice is much worse than the French one which I've really liked it! so for what concerns my country I totally prefer X Factor than The Voice, but actually if I had to compare the French The Voice and XF Italy, I would be uncertain. I've seen all the seasons of XF Italy and only one episode of The Voice France so I want to wait before giving a precise opinion :wink2:

Garou's French sounds difficult to understand also for me :aah:, but it's because at school I've always listened to French from France

Only the singing part (thanks stephatchoum):

KR-YcdUJRNw

And with background of the scene (around 16:00 the "I only listen to Aqua", and around 18:00 the singing)

bia4u6qbryM

I really listened to the "Aquarium" album today :naughty: It was one of my first pop cassettes, haven't listen to it for probably 10 years or so, but really liked it back than :teehee:

Oh the second video was deleted...do you know where can I find it?

And another thing...is there a video about the backstage (where he had a backpack and a book in hand and he was with Garou) that was made seeing after the show?

I love Aqua. :wub2: It's funny that Mika sings in in that horrible flat way that everyone does when they are mimicking songs instead of singing it like a real singer. That's what everyone sounds like in the queue when someone breaks out in Love Today. :naughty:

We can't judge everything by some preconceived ideas,it's not fair.

Everything I saw about the show was worse than my pre-conceived ideas. The quality of talent just wasn't there, the production values were low, the judges looked ridiculous and Mika being made up to look like them was incredibly off putting. In my opinion it is not even as appealing as the UK X Factor which is what my pre-conceived ideas were based on.

I have seen enough clips to make this determination (for myself). If you or others feel the need to invest a lot of time in assessing something I understand that. But I know my own mind. I've been watching TV and listening to music for 45 years and do not find it necessary to watch hours and hours of this show to decide whether it's something worth watching. I don't watch live TV anymore and only watch shows I think are exceptional and worth the effort to download.

If I want to hear great music and new artists I will seek it out on iTunes, YouTube, radio, etc. Watching amateurs struggle to make it on TV is a very inefficient and time consuming way to discover and enjoy music. Mika appearing on a TV show doesn't magically transform it into something that is not crappy and a waste of time (for me). It also does not burden me with some special obligation to watch 50 hours of it in order to say what I think about him associating with it.

It's like you'd say that all the Chinese people are short,which is not true.

It is nothing like that at all. We are talking about a TV show, not not a human being. The idea that anyone needs to be "fair" to a TV show is absurd to me. The X Factor doesn't give a flying fig about me and the feeling is mutual.

:lmao: his secret wish?! :das::naughty:

Perhaps :teehee:

I don't understand what you mean :dunno:

You said that we can't judge because it is unfair. Unfair to whom? It's just a TV show and I really don't understand why anyone cares if others have an unfavourable opinion about it or why they do.

You said that we can't judge because it is unfair. Unfair to whom? It's just a TV show and I really don't understand why anyone cares if others have an unfavourable opinion about it or why they do.

I said it's unfair to judge things in generally by a preconceived idea,IMO.

I don´t think that saying that this or that TV format is sh*t is an insult to any of the contestants or judges. I don´t know whether in your countries, the different "levels" of shows are in different channels. And I´m not sure whether in Italy it works the same way it works in Spain, but here in my country, the most sh*tty shows are in "Tele5" (which moreover I think it´s the same name as in Italy). That X Factor show belongs to that channel. It´s a matter of taste. But e.g. Tele5 would never show ANY documentary. Because that channel is addressed to a kind of people who NEVER IN THEIR LIVES would watch a documentary. It is that simple in Spain.

I still don´t like the format, and I don´t like The Voice either, basically cause if I want new music, I can go to any shop, youtube, spotify or whatever and I find zillions of singers I have never heard of before. I know they just want an opportunity and stuff, but I don´t like it. It doesn´t mean I don´t like Mika... I still like him and his music and never wanted to offend anyone. But my opinion is what it is...

Well, how long is he going to be there?

Friday has an interview in France but then he's flying to Milan for a show in the evening but I think he has another interview in France on Saturday:wink2

How many more tapings are there of The Voice before the live segments air? What was he doing last Saturday? Was it a future broadcast or the aftershow thing? Will there be an aftershow thing every week or just after that first episode?

I was watching some battles from the Voice UK last night because I wasn't sure if I was going to understand what they were doing on the French episodes. I was not really impressed with the format. I don't know if I'm going to make it that far. Although it didn't help that the British singers were not very good. I was more entertained with the fact that Jessie J is so blunt with Will I Am and Tom Jones as if she is commenting from her couch at home instead of on a TV show where they can hear her. :lmfao:

How many more tapings are there of The Voice before the live segments air? What was he doing last Saturday? Was it a future broadcast or the aftershow thing? Will there be an aftershow thing every week or just after that first episode?

I was watching some battles from the Voice UK last night because I wasn't sure if I was going to understand what they were doing on the French episodes. I was not really impressed with the format. I don't know if I'm going to make it that far. Although it didn't help that the British singers were not very good. I was more entertained with the fact that Jessie J is so blunt with Will I Am and Tom Jones as if she is commenting from her couch at home instead of on a TV show where they can hear her. :lmfao:

Last saturday and tonight are the last tapings. Think live shows will start only at the end of February

This year, Jessie and Danny are gone, and replaced by Ricky Wilson from Kaiser Chiefs and Kylie.

Saturday and yesterday were the last recordings, some 'battles' that are new to the show this year to choose the last contestants who will sing in live shows. Regarding The Voice Mika has no more commitments before the live shows begin I think. I've heard it should be in March/April.

The aftershow thing (I'll call it this way because I'm not sure 'aftershow show' makes sense :teehee:) will be aired every week. That's partly why the recordings were so long. They would always finish recording with this part and that's generally when we would see Mika yawning more and more..