Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

But he has been virtually forgotten, in general, outside of Italy.

I'm not talking about dedicated fans, but by those who were mildly interested in his music but now coming on places like Twitter asking whatever happened to him.

People who aren't interested in him being a judge on a talent show.

I am hoping that in London in a few weeks, that the buzz around the Swatch watch brings him back to the attention of the UK again, because here, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

I hear ya. I agree. I hope the Swatch campaign gets him known again here in the United Kingdom of Mikaless-so-not-so-great Britain!!

But that duet is so good. It's too good for Italy alone. Mika and Chiara need to be number one worldwide. I've never heard such a beautiful duet, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Mika fan. If I wasn't a Mika fan and saw that video, I would be logging on to MFC right after seeing it, I swear! *swears on the Bible*

But all this hype can only be good. Those people who thought his music career might suffer because of the talent show, can heave a sigh of relief, because the opposite is happening!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

But he has been virtually forgotten, in general, outside of Italy.

I'm not talking about dedicated fans, but by those who were mildly interested in his music but now coming on places like Twitter asking whatever happened to him.

People who aren't interested in him being a judge on a talent show.

I am hoping that in London in a few weeks, that the buzz around the Swatch watch brings him back to the attention of the UK again, because here, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

Yes, it's very sad, and a big shame, that UK seems to have forgotten their London citizen MIKA! :doh: But that happened before he moved to Italy for some months. So yes, let's really hope that he buzz around Swatch watch will wake people up, and realize that "time didn't stand still" :teehee: - and that there will be a revival for him - at least when there's a new alb. out - BUT then he needs proper promotion!! It's just the same here - but of course our market isn't important at all, compared to UK...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

I hope so, too, Rose. Although I doubt that a one-day appearance in London is going to do much for his visibility... Unless his team has managed to get him on a couple shows to promote the Swatch as well. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right. :crossed:

As for the duet with Chiara... well, I just love Stardust, always have, both the album version and the ballad version that Mika's done in his shows. :wub2: But Chiara's voice really doesn't appeal to me -- not sure what Mika hears in it. :dunno: But I am thrilled that he's selling some records in Italy and that he's so happy. His "Italian adventure" has had some positive outcomes. :thumb_yello:

He'll definitely not be forgotten, like someone feared when the news about being an X-factor judge came, and because of his stay in Italy :aah: Did he ever had a better year than 2013 ?!

Do you really think anyone outside of Italy knows or cares what he's been doing? They'll never even know about Stardust. Even when Mika tweets about it, he tweets in Italian, ensuring anyone who is not Italian completely tunes out. I have met hundreds of Mika fans over the years and I can't think of one who is paying any attention to any of this. All they want to know is when is he going to make new music and actually perform somewhere outside of Italy and France.

I agree with you though that he does seem happy and inspired so I can totally appreciate that. And I hope all these people watching X Factor are going to buy the album and realize he's not just a pretty face.

Do you really think anyone outside of Italy knows or cares what he's been doing? They'll never even know about Stardust. Even when Mika tweets about it, he tweets in Italian, ensuring anyone who is not Italian completely tunes out. I have met hundreds of Mika fans over the years and I can't think of one who is paying any attention to any of this. All they want to know is when is he going to make new music and actually perform somewhere outside of Italy and France.

I agree with you though that he does seem happy and inspired so I can totally appreciate that. And I hope all these people watching X Factor are going to buy the album and realize he's not just a pretty face.

I think you understand what I ment to say: that MIKA will not be forgotten BECAUSE OF his involvement in Italy! If he's forgotten, it will be for other reasons, imo:blink: As long as he's very active, like he is this year - and as long as we're not left behind WITHOUT new music, it's all good :blush-anim-cl:

And I will be very surprised if he will not sell lots more albums in Italy, after this judging job. People are not stupid, and they've now got to know him, and his skill, and other good qualities - at least that's what I hope for ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I think you understand what I ment to say: that MIKA will not be forgotten BECAUSE OF his involvement in Italy! If he's forgotten, it will be for other reasons, imo:blink: As long as he's very active, like he is this year - and as long as we're not left behind WITHOUT new music, it's all good :blush-anim-cl:

And I will be very surprised if he will not sell lots more albums in Italy, after this judging job. People are not stupid, and they've now got to know him, and his skill, and other good qualities - at least that's what I hope for ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Me too. Even if it's only in in Italy his album sales will count to his world total album sales, and the #1 single will count to his world total of #1 singles.

But I do hope he will do something else to help his promotion in the UK, when he comes to do the Swatch event. I've been hoping he'll sing on X Factor UK (now he could sing Stardust with Chiara) but that probably won't happen.

I've been hoping he'll sing on X Factor UK (now he could sing Stardust with Chiara) but that probably won't happen.

That's an interesting question -- would Simon Cowell put Mika on X Factor UK now, even just to sing as the musical guest, since he's done such a bang-up job on X Factor Italia? And would Mika do it if he were invited? Hmm...

That's an interesting question -- would Simon Cowell put Mika on X Factor UK now, even just to sing as the musical guest, since he's done such a bang-up job on X Factor Italia? And would Mika do it if he were invited? Hmm...

Yes, I was asking me the same

I've been hoping it would happen. I thought maybe with Ariana singing Popular Song. But now I want (if he has to sing with someone) the duet with Chiara. It is so beautiful and so is he! People could not help but love him.

She's Simon's act, and now she's singing with Mika, surely Simon will want the song to do well, and, as you said, he's exceeded all expectations on XFI. He's even exceeded MY expectations! Surely Simon realises what a jewel he is! Maybe Simon will get Mika and Chiara on some shows, and get publicity for the single.

But maybe that's just me, hoping for the best, as usual.

Simon wouldn't ask - Mika isn't a big enough draw in the UK. And Mika knows that XF UK is still a crap programme.

I hope so, too, Rose. Although I doubt that a one-day appearance in London is going to do much for his visibility... Unless his team has managed to get him on a couple shows to promote the Swatch as well. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right. :crossed:

As for the duet with Chiara... well, I just love Stardust, always have, both the album version and the ballad version that Mika's done in his shows. :wub2: But Chiara's voice really doesn't appeal to me -- not sure what Mika hears in it. :dunno: But I am thrilled that he's selling some records in Italy and that he's so happy. His "Italian adventure" has had some positive outcomes. :thumb_yello:

The Paul O Grady tv show starts again in the next couple of weeks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (most likely in vain)

And I thought I would be in the extreme minority of the duet with Chiara, I honestly don't feel any emotion from her when she is singing. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone who likes her, but she just doesn't do it for me at all.

Edited by RAK1

:thumb_yello:

:fisch:

Simon wouldn't ask - Mika isn't a big enough draw in the UK. And Mika knows that XF UK is still a crap programme.

:naughty::teehee:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 22m

Can't sleep. Went down to the lobby and am hanging out out with the cat of The Bristol. pic.twitter.com/JwrloTU5oH

BYl-ZTyIQAA0Qzc.jpg:large

:blush-anim-cl: OMG - this is the cutest pic ever!! :wub2: I love cats - and I love MIKA - this is perfect, and my new fav. pic too - thanks for sharing!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 22m

Can't sleep. Went down to the lobby and am hanging out out with the cat of The Bristol. pic.twitter.com/JwrloTU5oH

BYl-ZTyIQAA0Qzc.jpg:large

Oh my god!! :fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

This is so adorable!!!! :mikalove:

That man hasn't changed at all since 1983 :naughty:

It's so true that he really writes his story :naughty:

I don't walk around but play with my cell phone all night :mf_rosetinted:

Same here :teehee:

Fa-raon,the famous cat of The Bristol Hotel in Paris:

cat3.JPG

cat2.JPG

Fa-raon.jpg

Fa-raon1.jpg

Ohhh and I thought he's in England or something :aah::doh:

What a beautiful cat!!! :mikalove:

Btw, he wrote twice "out" in his tweet... is it a mistake or am I missing something here? :mf_rosetinted: