Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Ok, really don't tell me Mika is the hardest working popstar out there because I strongly doubt he is. Yes, he deserves all the success in the world and yes he is far more talented than a Miley Cyrus, but I can assure you that Miley does far more music wise at the moment than Mika does. Just because you are not interested in someone doesn't mean they are not as deserving or as hard-working as your favourite artist.

Besides, before he did Xfactor we said he did it for the money, but we were lying back then because Mika wouldn't do anything just for financial gain. Now he admitted it himself and it's all hallelujah, what a brave man he is!

Once again, I have no issue with him doing things just for money but I am not fond of people saying we were wrong back then and just because he says the same now, it's all okay.

I love Mika very muchand I want him to be successful and if he is happy and feels like he can make his music because of the money he acquired from these talent shows, that's fine, but I think many here forget to look at things realistically when it comes to him.

Just my two cents. I will crawl back under my rock now.

I don't want to go to anyone's gig,because I don't like anyone as much as like to see Mika live,why to waste my time? :dunno:

If you have no interest in other artists then how do you make an accurate judgement about who is doing what relative to Mika? We are not talking about matters of taste or matters of opinion. Just because you don't like or care about Justin Bieber doesn't mean he does nothing all year except stand on a stage for an hour a day pretending to sing.

I think this is where so many fundamental disagreements come from here. I love Mika more than just about every other singer out there too but I am well aware of what other artists are doing and don't think every single thing he says and does is superior to everyone else in the world. I don't think Mika is entitled to a special pass that allows him to neglect the US or UK, for example, for 3 years and still be a superstar while others are doing hard graft in these markets. This isn't some terrible injustice of the music industry. We all live by these rules. You do the work you get the rewards. Mika is not prepared to move to the US, sit on a tour bus day after day, etc. so people with lesser talent are more successful at it. There is nothing unfair about that.

thank god I didn't noticed that Mika is lipsinching,and still believe he is the best live performer ever :teehee:

I never said Mika lip synchs. Obviously he doesn't.

Besides, before he did Xfactor we said he did it for the money, but we were lying back then because Mika wouldn't do anything just for financial gain. Now he admitted it himself and it's all hallelujah, what a brave man he is!

Once again, I have no issue with him doing things just for money but I am not fond of people saying we were wrong back then and just because he says the same now, it's all okay.

Exactly this was my first thought back then :thumb_yello:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3901444&postcount=14

@Christine: I guess no one can make an accurate judgement about all the artists in the world,that was just my opinion.

Edited by krysady

As someone who is very interested and involved in pop culture I can assure you it is not just an opinion when someone says the amount of work Mika does can't be compared to Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Beyonce or any other popstar at the top of their game.

i don't even remember if i took part in the xfactor discussion back then, but what i remember is people (and i have no idea if that includes you ingie, so i might not be referring to you here, although i quoted you) saying that mika changed so much, that he wasn't the artist anymore that he used to be, because he decided to do xfactor, and that he was acting against his own principles for money. while i never doubted that he did xfactor for money, i disagree with all of the above points, and his university speech tells me i was/am right with that. even if he hated every second of doing xfactor, and had to keep telling himself "money! money! money!" to be able to go on, which i doubt :teehee:, he simply did what he had already done to start his career: do whatever was necessary to keep it going. in fact i think he did enjoy it, and the hardest piece of work for him was learning italian. :naughty:

maybe that's not what you were referring to at all, but mika's "change" is what i remember from the original xfactor discussion as one of the main points of disagreement. and that's one of the reasons why i like his speech so much, because it shows that he hasn't really changed at all. :wub2:

i don't even remember if i took part in the xfactor discussion back then, but what i remember is people (and i have no idea if that includes you ingie, so i might not be referring to you here, although i quoted you) saying that mika changed so much, that he wasn't the artist anymore that he used to be, because he decided to do xfactor, and that he was acting against his own principles for money. while i never doubted that he did xfactor for money, i disagree with all of the above points, and his university speech tells me i was/am right with that. even if he hated every second of doing xfactor, and had to keep telling himself "money! money! money!" to be able to go on, which i doubt :teehee:, he simply did what he had already done to start his career: do whatever was necessary to keep it going. in fact i think he did enjoy it, and the hardest piece of work for him was learning italian. :naughty:

maybe that's not what you were referring to at all, but mika's "change" is what i remember from the original xfactor discussion as one of the main points of disagreement. and that's one of the reasons why i like his speech so much, because it shows that he hasn't really changed at all. :wub2:

I didn't say he changed as an artist or that I didn't recognise him anymore but yes I did say back then he put his principles aside in order to make money off of this. I never said it was bad to do stuff to make money but he said he was the anti-xfactor musician so yes I believed he was a sellout and no that is not what I referred to. It was to those who claimed he did it because of artistic integrity and because Xfactor Italy was different which is still bullsh*t of course :naughty:.

he decided to do xfactor, and that he was acting against his own principles for money. while i never doubted that he did xfactor for money, i disagree with all of the above points, and his university speech tells me i was/am right with that.

He says right in the speech he was acting against the principles he professed to have for many years. If you don't care what he does or why, that is your prerogative but it doesn't change the fact that at one time he swore he was not "that" X Factor artist and now he says he simply can't afford to maintain that policy. Like it or not, that is what people mean when they call someone a sell-out.

I don't think Mika stating at this point that he was also whoring himself in 2007 is a cause for rejoice that he "hasn't changed". :aah:

A couple interesting photos emerging from Facebook/Instagram:

1477495_635218529850543_1189310319_n.jpg

eace6664645511e38db61239848d3214_8.jpg

I guess these are from earlier today? Or last night? can't quite tell. :dunno:

The man in the second photo is dancer Roberto Bolle. :wub2:

A couple interesting photos emerging from Facebook/Instagram:

1477495_635218529850543_1189310319_n.jpg

eace6664645511e38db61239848d3214_8.jpg

I guess these are from earlier today? Or last night? can't quite tell. :dunno:

The man in the second photo is dancer Roberto Bolle. :wub2:

they were posted on X-Factor thread and yes, they're from yesterday, at Mika's house

alby. ‏@__xScarlett 57m

"Un consiglio per i giovani ragazzi che vogliono entrare nel mondo della musica" "studiare Paolo Conte" @mikasounds

Retweeted by MIKA official

Aleeeeeeex :D ‏@Alexandre2950

Pour les prochaines auditions a l'aveugles de @TheVoice_TF1 @mikasounds il sera de dos !!! #mikado

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@Alexandre2950 @TheVoice_TF1 haha

alby. ‏@__xScarlett 57m

"Un consiglio per i giovani ragazzi che vogliono entrare nel mondo della musica" "studiare Paolo Conte" @mikasounds

Retweeted by MIKA official

Aleeeeeeex :D ‏@Alexandre2950

Pour les prochaines auditions a l'aveugles de @TheVoice_TF1 @mikasounds il sera de dos !!! #mikado

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@Alexandre2950 @TheVoice_TF1 haha

what does the french one mean and why does mika find it funny? google translate doesn't help much there. :aah:

i think the italian one is a quote from mika from that tv show, he advised kids who want to enter the music world to study paolo conte.

what does the french one mean and why does mika find it funny? google translate doesn't help much there. :aah:

i think the italian one is a quote from mika from that tv show, he advised kids who want to enter the music world to study paolo conte.

The French one means 'For the next blind auditions on The Voice Mika will be with his back turned' The word 'back' in French is 'dos' and then he adds #mikado as a pun; Mikado is either the Chinese game 'pick up sticks' or a famous biscuit in France. There often are jokes with Mikado in it used in Mika's interviews in France

So, a bit complicated and not very funny :teehee: I hope you get it better now :wink2:

The French one means 'For the next blind auditions on The Voice Mika will be with his back turned' The word 'back' in French is 'dos' and then he adds #mikado as a pun; Mikado is either the Chinese game 'pick up sticks' or a famous biscuit in France. There often are jokes with Mikado in it used in Mika's interviews in France

So, a bit complicated and not very funny :teehee: I hope you get it better now :wink2:

yes, a little, thank you. :thumb_yello: at least now i know why an online translator doesn't help me there at all. :teehee:

We have the Mikado chocolate sticks in England. I call them Mika-Do

MIKA official

@mikasounds

Waiting in lobby of Paris hotel to be picked up to go film battles of The Voice. Look who I found under the tree! pic.twitter.com/UzZ8q6uaEW

Bb2nHFmIYAAQaIy.jpg:large

Awww as a cat lover just can say, lovely, cute Fa-raon :wub2::wub2: