Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

How far can you go? How much money can you make. *sigh*

He's probably making lots of money. Why shouldn't he when he's working so hard? But I don't think he's doing it to have a cushy life. I think he ploughs money back to fund his projects (I know I could be wrong, but I do believe that's what he does)

Didn't he say in one interview, he wants to make the music documentaries that no one wants to finance?

Who's going to finance them then?

Probably Mika, because he believes in what he's doing. He's exactly the kind of celeb who deserves the money he makes. Plus, he's always been really generous to his fans

So he will sing tonight with Morgan but I'm sure that he'll sing some of his songs.... :naughty:

Look:

http://instagram.com/p/hzaSKkxs6P/#

Oh no, Morgan singing Relax? :shocked:

Unshaved. His looks at the radio are the best :wub2:

BbR4qqACYAAwMb6.jpg:large

I hope there will be a video uploaded at the radio, because I had access denied to the vid online :sneaky2:

Omg, I've read "Alba" instead of Aba :doh: we'll see, maybe we'll have some surprise. Wait and see :wink2:

I hope Mika won't be so against her this time.

I want Ape Escape to win tonight because they would be special winners worldwide and they deserve to win! :wink2:. All over the world cute Young guys win so hopefully in Italy a Rockband does :wink2:

Not many people want Vió to win, as I see :naughty:

To be unbiased, she gets points only because Mika is on her side.

I have to disagree on this,he deserves way much more money than he's earning,imo :wink2:

i think he does earn a lot, but maybe he should just spend a bit less on buying houses and more on making albums/documentaries. :teehee:

i think he does earn a lot, but maybe he should just spend a bit less on buying houses and more on making albums/documentaries. :teehee:

I meant comparing with someone like Justin Bieber,or Kanye West,or Rihanna,he's not even close.....and he didn't buy the house from Milan,it's rented.

Short vid from the Bocconi University,thanks DoReMi: http://distilleryvesper2-18.ak.instagram.com/a87d3a6062fc11e3a93712ad17a4fb22_101.mp4

Edited by krysady

I meant comparing with someone like Justin Bieber,or Kanye West,or Rihanna,he's not even close.....and he didn't buy the house from Milan,it's rented.

i first thought it was rented, but didn't he say in a recent interview he was thinking about keeping it? that would mean either buying it (if he hasn't already) or paying lots of rent when he doesn't even live there. :blink:

besides, when i was in london, our tour guide had a chat with mika's driver and then was going on to us about how HUGE mika's house was, and in such an expensive part of london etc... :aah: well, it's totally up to him of course, how many houses and in which size he wants to buy, but then imo he shouldn't moan about not having enough money for his album. :teehee: i don't think he's someone who is especially careful with money, but if you want an expensive lifestyle AND lots of freedom for making your albums, that money needs to come from somewhere. of course i'd also prefer if he made his money with his music and didn't have to go on xfactor etc.. i'm glad tho that he isn't justin bieber or rihanna - i wouldn't like lots of tabloid press about him, or random advertising for perfumes... at least for the beer ad he wrote a song. :teehee:

it's the same like the one from instagram that has been posted before, isn't it? :blink:

edit: this seems to be an excerpt of what he said, it's in italian tho: http://revolart.it/in-onore-di-una-prostituta-di-miami-mika-racconta-la-vera-storia-della-sua-vita/

just read it on google translate. it's basically an extended version of his last xl column, with some background info added. apparently after the economic fail of OOL, universal decided they wouldn't promote him anymore (as if they ever had much! :aah:) and so he decided to promote himself. i think that's the most interesting point, that his self marketing has basically only started this year.

i want a video of that whole lecture NOW, lol! :teehee:

Edited by mellody

edit: this seems to be an excerpt of what he said, it's in italian tho: http://revolart.it/in-onore-di-una-prostituta-di-miami-mika-racconta-la-vera-storia-della-sua-vita/

just read it on google translate. it's basically an extended version of his last xl column, with some background info added. apparently after the economic fail of OOL, universal decided they wouldn't promote him anymore (as if they ever had much! :aah:) and so he decided to promote himself. i think that's the most interesting point, that his self marketing has basically only started this year.

It's very intersting, thank you Karin. He's a little bit rude to his record company but I agree with him.

I really can't wait that the university shares the video about the conference!

Very strange, but I liked the radio variant of Michele! Linkin' Park was great as well :naughty:

Violetta, as for me, sounded most boring...

Totally, i don't see anything special, peculiar in her voice :aah: but ppl will vote her for Mika, I'm sure...well, we'll see. My favorite from the beginning is Michele, sensitive and emotional :wub2:

Michele is boring :fisch: For me :wink2: I like Violetta very much, she's amazing singer and beautiful girl! And I really want her to win :thumb_yello: And not because of Mika, she's just the best and that's all :shun:

I'm so curious to hear what he said at the lecture, really hope they will upload a recording of it! With teachers like this I would have never skipped my boring marketing lessons! :naughty: VERY interesting what he says about self-promoting!

I think it's none of our business how many and how expensive houses he buys though (even I love seeing little glimpses of his homes in his pictures or video interviews). Really can't blame him if he enjoys some luxuries in life, he has worked hard for everything and I've never had a feeling he works/does anything just for money. Just my opinion, of course, I'm probably a bit old-fashioned with these issues, lol!

. . .

I think it's none of our business how many and how expensive houses he buys though (even I love seeing little glimpses of his homes in his pictures or video interviews). Really can't blame him if he enjoys some luxuries in life, he has worked hard for everything and I've never had a feeling he works/does anything just for money. Just my opinion, of course, I'm probably a bit old-fashioned with these issues, lol!

Generally speaking, Real Estate is one of the best investments a person can have. Just sayin'.

i'm old-fashioned too, in the sense of being careful with money and always keeping some for bad times. but of course you're right, it's totally up to him what he spends his money on - and he's definitely much better at earning money than i am, i have to give him that! :naughty: also, he's very generous, as we know towards his fans, and probably also towards his friends and family. :wub2: a luxurious lifestyle is totally alien to me though, i never was in the position to have one and probably never will be. thus, seeing money being wasted makes me angry, and in my opinion people like justin bieber or rihanna earn much much more than they'd deserve. it's just this general thing of the rich always getting richer and the poor always getting poorer, it annoys me. that's why i'd always disagree with whoever says that someone who is already very rich compared to normal standards deserves even more money. although of course i wish mika all the best in the world and i'm sure that compared to other rich people he wastes much less money on useless expensive things. because, unlike them, i think he knows that you can't buy love and happiness with money. :thumb_yello:

i first thought it was rented, but didn't he say in a recent interview he was thinking about keeping it? that would mean either buying it (if he hasn't already) or paying lots of rent when he doesn't even live there. :blink:

besides, when i was in london, our tour guide had a chat with mika's driver and then was going on to us about how HUGE mika's house was, and in such an expensive part of london etc... :aah: well, it's totally up to him of course, how many houses and in which size he wants to buy, but then imo he shouldn't moan about not having enough money for his album. :teehee: i don't think he's someone who is especially careful with money, but if you want an expensive lifestyle AND lots of freedom for making your albums, that money needs to come from somewhere. of course i'd also prefer if he made his money with his music and didn't have to go on xfactor etc.. i'm glad tho that he isn't justin bieber or rihanna - i wouldn't like lots of tabloid press about him, or random advertising for perfumes... at least for the beer ad he wrote a song. :teehee:

I'm sure his house is big,he's preparing to have so many kids :naughty: And you might be right,maybe he'll buy the house from Milan as well,those kids needs to spend the holidays somewhere :mf_rosetinted: But no joking,I don't see him as a very wasteful person,he is a popstar after all,but a very down-to-earth one,imo.Even his shoes are for free,and he's wearing often his old clothes with no problems.Of course it would be perfect to make his money only from music,but you see how things went with TOOL :aah: This is like a lottery,you can earn big money from music,or miserably fail. I just hope his next album will bring him enough money and give him the freedom he wants for his projects :thumb_yello:

it's the same like the one from instagram that has been posted before, isn't it? :blink:

:doh: Haven't seen the vid was posted already! I wanna see the whole thing too!

looks rather fluffy to me, maybe like a soft brush? they're shoes with integrated cleaning brushs. :naughty:

:teehee:

:thumb_yello: i'm sure it's true. the only thing i'd worry about was to which countries his tour will lead him. tbh i would feel a lot less bothered by all those side projects if they were in my own country, or spread worldwide, instead just france and italy. :teehee: hopefully the tour won't just be a french-italian one. :fisch:

do you have something against France? :mf_rosetinted:

(and that's how a huge fight starts :naughty:)

:wink2:

Mika made the conference at the university in english. Here's a short vid :teehee:

thank you!

Guess what?

He's late :aah:

:naughty:

He's just said that tonight he's going to sing a song with Morgan :thumb_yello:

great! :thumb_yello:

I do not deny self-promotion and near-business projects like Swatch collaboration..... but there should be some right balance.

That's how it feels to me. There is no balance. There's really no music at all anymore, at least not for an international audience.

I feel for him that his record company has abandoned him but his solution to that problem still makes me sad.

I meant comparing with someone like Justin Bieber,or Kanye West,or Rihanna,he's not even close.....

You do realize these people spend hundreds of days per year touring right? Not just a dozen days every summer in a castle or an old amphitheatre or a beach or a ski slope where we'd all love to take a holiday. But day after day, all year long, year after year, in every major (and often minor) city in countries all over the world.

If you want an expensive lifestyle AND lots of freedom for making your albums, that money needs to come from somewhere.

You can make an album now with a Mac. So I'd say it's almost entirely about having a lot of overhead. Not necessarily just his own lifestyle. I'm sure he is supporting a lot of people now with his "business". He has managers, he hires artists, musicians, his family, etc.

I think it's none of our business how many and how expensive houses he buys though (even I love seeing little glimpses of his homes in his pictures or video interviews).

Yes the specifics of Mika's purchases are no one's business. But when someone is asking you to buy their product and to understand their non artistic choices and believe that they are doing it for their music/art...I think it is relevant. As I said you don't need millions to make an album, but you do need them to buy houses all over the world.

Really can't blame him if he enjoys some luxuries in life, he has worked hard for everything and I've never had a feeling he works/does anything just for money.

Mika deserves everything he has and more. There is no question about that. I just don't think it is right to spin all of this as a devotion to music when there are surely other factors playing into these decisions. Every year it's more houses and less music so it's just not credible anymore. I think I would have been more understanding of all of this a long time ago if I felt there wasn't a manipulation in his messaging about what he's doing and why.

Generally speaking, Real Estate is one of the best investments a person can have. Just sayin'.

Well yes, that's one reason why people buy houses.

i'm old-fashioned too, in the sense of being careful with money and always keeping some for bad times. but of course you're right, it's totally up to him what he spends his money on - and he's definitely much better at earning money than i am, i have to give him that! :naughty: also, he's very generous, as we know towards his fans, and probably also towards his friends and family. :wub2: a luxurious lifestyle is totally alien to me though, i never was in the position to have one and probably never will be. thus, seeing money being wasted makes me angry, and in my opinion people like justin bieber or rihanna earn much much more than they'd deserve. it's just this general thing of the rich always getting richer and the poor always getting poorer, it annoys me. that's why i'd always disagree with whoever says that someone who is already very rich compared to normal standards deserves even more money. although of course i wish mika all the best in the world and i'm sure that compared to other rich people he wastes much less money on useless expensive things. because, unlike them, i think he knows that you can't buy love and happiness with money. :thumb_yello:

Exactly :thumb_yello: By luxuries I meant things like spending money for style or holidays or things like that. He works hard so can't blame him if he likes to use money for things he is interested in (like style) and as you said I totally think he knows you can't buy happiness and love! Generally I don't like wasting things either or buying something we don't need.

Omg, I've read "Alba" instead of Aba :doh: we'll see, maybe we'll have some surprise. Wait and see :wink2:

:teehee:

I'm so curious to hear what he said at the lecture, really hope they will upload a recording of it! With teachers like this I would have never skipped my boring marketing lessons! :naughty: VERY interesting what he says about self-promoting!

I agree with you

Thank you, that's interesting! Can't wait for the whole video

do you have something against France? :mf_rosetinted:

(and that's how a huge fight starts :naughty:)

:wink2:

i just said on fb today, it's much much better for me personally that mika concentrates his promotion on france and italy, as if he concentrated on the asian markets - although i'm sure he'd be hugely successful there as well. i've seen several artists disappear to asia, because they could earn more money there than in europe/america. it's not a place where i could easily travel, i wouldn't understand even a SINGLE word of the language (while french and italian i understand at least a little bit), and it's just very, very far away and a completely different culture. that doesn't mean i have anything against asia of course. but the closer mika is, the better for me. :teehee: i do love italy, as i've been there every single year as a kid, so i have a certain relation to that country. but whether he's in france or spain or belgium or the netherlands doesn't make a difference to me, especially if he doesn't speak english - it's all equally "far away" in my personal universe. :wink2: not as far as asia tho, so yay for france! :yay::naughty: (and sorry to the asian fans, it's just my personal point of view and of course i hope you also get your share of mika! :huglove:)

i just said on fb today, it's much much better for me personally that mika concentrates his promotion on france and italy, as if he concentrated on the asian markets - although i'm sure he'd be hugely successful there as well. i've seen several artists disappear to asia, because they could earn more money there than in europe/america. it's not a place where i could easily travel, i wouldn't understand even a SINGLE word of the language (while french and italian i understand at least a little bit), and it's just very, very far away and a completely different culture. that doesn't mean i have anything against asia of course. but the closer mika is, the better for me. :teehee: i do love italy, as i've been there every single year as a kid, so i have a certain relation to that country. but whether he's in france or spain or belgium or the netherlands doesn't make a difference to me, especially if he doesn't speak english - it's all equally "far away" in my personal universe. :wink2: not as far as asia tho, so yay for france! :yay::naughty: (and sorry to the asian fans, it's just my personal point of view and of course i hope you also get your share of mika! :huglove:)

That would for sure not be so easy for me either if he decides one day to "disappear" to Asia :aah:

I admire how the korean fans manage to make their fandom live and be huge, even if Mika visits them only once or 2 times a year :thumb_yello:

I vote for Mika to live (and make gigs :mf_rosetinted:) one month in every country all year round. That would make already 12 countries happy :wink2:

That would for sure not be so easy for me either if he decides one day to "disappear" to Asia :aah:

I admire how the korean fans manage to make their fandom live and be huge, even if Mika visits them only once or 2 times a year :thumb_yello:

I vote for Mika to live (and make gigs :mf_rosetinted:) one month in every country all year round. That would make already 12 countries happy :wink2:

perfect suggestion! :thumb_yello::naughty:

and i agree about the korean fans, or same with the ones in south america, where he's even less often. i see how hard it is even in germany, the german fanclub is more or less dead, although mika isn't that far away. :aah: