Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

did he need to shut himself away in a castle to be helped in writing songs for LICM? No

and please don't forget Origin was kind of a failure album.

he seems to have lost something, imho.

oh well.

I don't agree

IMO T.O.O.L is absolutely amazing! (Sorry for yelling it out here lol) I think what it really lacked was the promotion and success it deserved. Mika hasn't lost his song writing skills but that's why I'd prefer him to spend more time by himself and just brainstorm song ideas, but I do hope he'll do something fresh with some middle eastern influences like Deb mentioned. I loved that Relax remix.

Agree with you! I liked more TOOL than TBWKTM (even if there are some TBWKTM songs that I really love)

But something went wrong about TOOL promotion... not money enough? wrong choice of first single?

The latter. If the first single fails, it's over. Stardust would have been a MUCH better first single.

I agree with all three posts I've mqd, and a few others that basically say the same.

TOOL was a brilliant album. The reason it failed, at least in the UK, was that there was nothing to tell anyone it was out. No ads for the album came on UKTV.

Also, as someone else said. He's not considered cool in the UK anymore, so he doesn't get played. If he doesn't get played his songs won't get known. So it's hard for him atm. That's why I'm in favour of the extra curricula activities he's doing atm, and there's a Swatch Even in London coming up. So that might generate some publicity.

Also, I agree about the first single. I swear, if I had heard TOOL before the single was announced and someone said to me, "is there a song here that you don't believe should be a single?" I would have said Celebrate. The song brought nothing new to the Mika table and was quite boring. Stardust would have been better, but imho Overrated would have kicked ass. It is different from other Mika songs and I think, could have been a hit in the UK.

Stardust would have been better, but imho Overrated would have kicked ass. It is different from other Mika songs and I think, could have been a hit in the UK.

I'm not sure about Overrated. I disliked it pretty much when I heard it for the first time. Now I think it's quite good song and it's really catchy, but I don't know if audience would like it... most of the fans love it or rather hate it. Maybe just because it's really different Mika song!

‏@mikasounds 23m

My strange collaborators Scott Hoffman and Sarah Hudson pic.twitter.com/YV6YfqjuD5

@mikasounds 13m

Keeping us company in the studio pic.twitter.com/eSSMSAKzAL

Mika and Babydaddy in the same room collaborating on some music, I think my head has just exploded with excitement!!! :wub2:

Edited by RAK1

‏@mikasounds 23m

My strange collaborators Scott Hoffman and Sarah Hudson pic.twitter.com/YV6YfqjuD5

@mikasounds 13m

Keeping us company in the studio pic.twitter.com/eSSMSAKzAL

Mika and Babydaddy in the same room collaborating on some music, I think my head has just exploded with excitement!!! :wub2:

He seems to be very excited about this too, I hope we will hear more later!

He seems to be very excited about this too, I hope we will hear more later!

I hope this is a song for him to go on the next album, but it could be for Sarah Hudson.

Song camp again, YAY! Hope he gets a great collab or two out of it for his album, but also maybe that some of his writing is on other artist's albums too :D

gotta admit i'm rather envious he gets to stay in that awesome Medieval chateau heehee

That is exactly it. Touches You replaced Ring Ring and Drunk replaced Touches You. I think when he releases a fourth album there will be another song that works in a similar way live that will replace Drunk.

Gaaaaah i like all those songs much better than Big Girl or Billy Brown which he's played at every single proper gig since the beginning of forever :doh:

i doubt he'll ever cut BB or BG but...... please Mika, mix the playlist up a little more next time :pray:

Edited by kreacher

/" data-controller="core.front.core.autoSizeIframe" data-embedId='f86c1e5bd4bc5253d47c096cb0a3c7e0'>

Thanks a lot for posting !

4ccl.jpg

Wow, if Mika writes songs with Babydaddy - it`s gonna be something really interesting. I love Scissor Sisters too. I`ve always thought they should collaborate somehow.

( Ta Dah and LYWID are very ScissorSister-like)

Edited by Julia Welcomes

Sound like a good progress!

Does anyone have any idea (based on what happened in previous years) when will he start performing again?

probably some summer festivals again in 2014, he's done these every year so far. :dunno:

I'm not sure about Overrated. I disliked it pretty much when I heard it for the first time. Now I think it's quite good song and it's really catchy, but I don't know if audience would like it... most of the fans love it or rather hate it. Maybe just because it's really different Mika song!

It was my son that first said he should have released that one. I could see what he meant. It would have made the UK realise that Mika is really versatile. We on MFC all know that he is, because we get to know all the songs really well. But it would have woken up the UK to a different style of Mika song, that still is, very much, Mika.

But that's only my opinion.

It was my son that first said he should have released that one. I could see what he meant. It would have made the UK realise that Mika is really versatile. We on MFC all know that he is, because we get to know all the songs really well. But it would have woken up the UK to a different style of Mika song, that still is, very much, Mika.

But that's only my opinion.

Maybe you're right. It's a more original song than Celebrate, that's sure!

I think Overrated is like Stardust. If it was Overrated - Calvin Harris ft MIKA it would have been a top 10 hit. But since it's Mika it just won't get radio play in the UK. I guess they were hoping Pharrell's name attached would give Celebrate a better chance than any other song because of it.

Nooo :( I wanted to see him in the winter... :tears:

I think he did one or two festivals in the winter/spring last year but summer is the latest he will start performing again I guess. He has never missed the summer festivals even when he is generally not active.

am i the only one who has no idea who "babydaddy" is? :blink: who are all those people on the pictures, do you all know them? of course they are songwriters, i get that :teehee:, but tbh i don't know many songwriters by face (or even name...), unless they are very famous performers as well. :dunno:

am i the only one who has no idea who "babydaddy" is? :blink: who are all those people on the pictures, do you all know them? of course they are songwriters, i get that :teehee:, but tbh i don't know many songwriters by face (or even name...), unless they are very famous performers as well. :dunno:

Same here,but I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babydaddy

He`s a musician (songwriter, bass player ) of Scissor Sisters. I`m sure you know them! All members of the group use nicknames since they have become famous - Ana Matronic, Jake Shears, Babydaddy, Del Marquis, Paddy Boom ( he left the group, as far as I know). Jake and Babydaddy are the main creative "forces" of the band, they write most songs\lyrics.

:thumb_yello:

Wow, if Mika writes songs with Babydaddy - it`s gonna be something really interesting. I love Scissor Sisters too. I`ve always thought they should collaborate somehow.

( Ta Dah and LYWID are very ScissorSister-like)

:thumb_yello: I agree - SS are so great!! :fisch: I heard them live for the first time when they were brand new, at the Quart Festival, on a small stage - and then some years later at the same festival, on the main stage - the audience were on fire!! :naughty: No use in singing "I don't feel like dancin'" - cause everybody did just that :aah: When I got to know MIKA, and his music, shortly after , SS came to my mind - so if they write songs together, it will be extremely exciting ...:wink2:

Love,love

me