Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I don't get the Kylie fixation. She is such a no-talent.

May I disagree?

I think she's talented. Anyway, she has millions of fans.

Kylie is a phenomenon. She`s " the perpetual celebrity". She is embodiment of showbusiness itself.

From the very beginning she has had an ordinary voice, a mediocre repertoire, pleasant appearance - everything was definitely so average about her - she could be just another pop star, among hundreds of others, not a genious. But the fact is - she`s still a huge popstar, a survivor. Not because of her "great talent", but because she knows how to be a star. Kylie follows the rules of showbusiness skilfully, she`s clever and intelligent, has a good taste and she never steps beyond her own star path.

And let`s not forget that Kylie is a gay icon.

And let`s not forget that Kylie is a gay icon.

Yes exactly. That's what I don't understand. She was just a one-hit wonder in Canada for many many years doing a really cheesy remake of a Motown song. Maybe she has made a comeback here recently, I don't know because I don't listen to Canadian radio now. She had a couple of songs in the UK that I liked but it's not like she wrote them and they would have been even better if someone else sang them.

I can understand if Mika has met her and he likes her, but he was in Toronto years ago squeeing because he was going to her gig. I don't get it. There are 500 artists I would have on my must-see list before her. :dunno:

Yes exactly. That's what I don't understand. She was just a one-hit wonder in Canada for many many years doing a really cheesy remake of a Motown song. Maybe she has made a comeback here recently, I don't know because I don't listen to Canadian radio now. She had a couple of songs in the UK that I liked but it's not like she wrote them and they would have been even better if someone else sang them.

I can understand if Mika has met her and he likes her, but he was in Toronto years ago squeeing because he was going to her gig. I don't get it. There are 500 artists I would have on my must-see list before her. :dunno:

maybe it's because he grew up with her music. dunno how it was in france, but in the uk she was a huge star in the 80s/early 90s. i remember all teen magazines being full of pictures of her back then. dunno what she did after that, but at some point she got cancer, fought it, and then had a comeback in the early 2000s i think, with some catchy dance tunes that got high in the charts and that i quite liked. and maybe her shows are fab, who knows? i've never been a huge fan, but she is kind of an icon over here, a name you just know and that is a part of music history. :dunno:

maybe it's because he grew up with her music. dunno how it was in france, but in the uk she was a huge star in the 80s/early 90s. i remember all teen magazines being full of pictures of her back then. dunno what she did after that, but at some point she got cancer, fought it, and then had a comeback in the early 2000s i think, with some catchy dance tunes that got high in the charts and that i quite liked. and maybe her shows are fab, who knows? i've never been a huge fan, but she is kind of an icon over here, a name you just know and that is a part of music history. :dunno:

Well as I said I will never understand it. Since the Britney days we have had all kinds of no-talents being successful because of changes in the music industry. But in the 80s people became stars because they had talent. I guess Madonna is an arguable case but at least she was unique and had a hand in her own songwriting. I assumed Kylie only got that Motown song because she was a soap actress so someone gave her a break and the rest of her music did not even play here at all. In 1989 I was also a petite sort of cute blonde 20 year old who couldn't sing or dance or write songs either but no one gave me a record deal. :freak:

yes i think she first became famous because of that soap she was playing in, "neighbours". which i never saw, dunno if it even was aired in germany. but she was kind of the personification of trashy 80s pop, the starting point for stock/aitken/waterman. those songs all sounded the same, and i wouldn't say it was good quality music. but it's a part of pop culture, it's something that was typical for european pop in the 80s. it's childhood memories for me. and while in the 90s everyone was laughing about it (tho that euro-dance-music of the 90s wasn't any better really :teehee:), it became cool again at some point. and nowadays people are cheering if "the loco-motion" is played at a party, it's kind of a cult hit.

well, guess it's hard to explain, and i agree with you that there are more talented people than her who would deserve at least as much success. for example mika. :teehee: but it's an achievement for itself that she managed to keep people interested in her over 20-30 years, despite just being a soap starlet in the beginning.

Well as I said I will never understand it. Since the Britney days we have had all kinds of no-talents being successful because of changes in the music industry. But in the 80s people became stars because they had talent. I guess Madonna is an arguable case but at least she was unique and had a hand in her own songwriting. I assumed Kylie only got that Motown song because she was a soap actress so someone gave her a break and the rest of her music did not even play here at all. In 1989 I was also a petite sort of cute blonde 20 year old who couldn't sing or dance or write songs either but no one gave me a record deal. :freak:

:blink: I think you're quite unfair to Kylie here, to just put her in the category of soap actresses :sneaky2: I'm not a fan, but she will forever be remembered, and also radioplayed, because of her duet with Nick Cave in the big hit "Where the wild roses grow" - and later for the smashing hit "Can't get you out of my head" which I saw her perform well live at the Nobel Peace Prize show some years ago. She was a bonus, the main reason for my visit there was TINA - and it was also funny to see A1 in the same show ...:fisch: And I have to agree with Julia that Kylie knows how to play her cards right, and she's a true survivor ... :teehee:

Love,love

me

because of her duet with Nick Cave in the big hit "Where the wild roses grow"

oh dear, i had forgotten about that song... it's one of my most hated songs, and i ALWAYS change to another channel when it comes on the radio! :aah: it was indeed very popular tho. wasn't it from a movie or something? :dunno:

i do love "red blooded woman" tho, that's still on my ipod playlist. :original:

I don't get the Kylie fixation. She is such a no-talent.

I have to say, that I have been a big fan of Kylies since she was in Neighbours in the 80s, before Stock Aitken and Waterman got hold of her.

I can't put my finger of what it is I like about her, could be the fact we are both shortys :naughty:

I find her so sweet and genuine, which is getting rare in this day and age.

oh dear, i had forgotten about that song... it's one of my most hated songs, and i ALWAYS change to another channel when it comes on the radio! :aah: it was indeed very popular tho. wasn't it from a movie or something? :dunno:

i do love "red blooded woman" tho, that's still on my ipod playlist. :original:

Guess it's just me who likes that song then:naughty:

She had a phase where she was out of fashion before that, then she hooked up with one of the group that sang Groove Is In The Heart, and made very different sounding music than S/A/W made with her.

Then she worked with James Dean Bradfield from Manic Street Preachers which was another evolution, before the Nick Cave song which got her back in the public eye here again, and she hasn't looked back since.

:shocked:The news of Kylie Minogue & Mika at diner ..

Doriandavecund @OKDiner poulet rôti avec @mikasounds et @kylieminogue. Un poulet pop bien sûr !

X_Factor of Ucrania

or Dannie ??Danielle Jane Minogue (Nació el 20 de octubre de 1971) en Melbourne Australia, más conocida como Dannii Minogue o simplemente Dannii, es una cantante, actriz y ocasionalmente modelo y diseñadora de modas. Es miembro del jurado de The X Factor (la versión inglesa del programa de Cuatro Factor X) con Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole y Louis Walsh.

Debido a la popularidad que le reporta en Inglaterra su participación en el programa, decide re-editar sus discos «Girl» y «Neon Nights» en una edición de lujo incluyendo sendos discos extras con remezclas inéditas. Además, sale a la venta un recopilatorio de temas inéditos y remezclas titulado «Unleashed», un disco digital con las grabaciones que ha realizado con su última discográfica titulado «Club Disco».

or her brother Brendan is cameranman

7WMZMNhtSRA

À quelques semaines du début du télé-crochet, les membres du jury choisissent leurs staffs, et comme d'habitude avec l'émission de TF1, des célébrités de prestige ont répondu à l'appel.

Tadaam... This is The Voice! Le télé-crochet de TF1 revient bientôt et ça s'active dans les coulisses.

Tel que le révèle le site puremédias.com, deux célébrités d'envergure ont déjà rejoint l'équipe de Florent Pagny. Son ami de toujours Pascal Obispo et la chanteuse Hélène Ségara aideront les Talents de l'équipe de Florent Pagny à travailler leurs prestations avant la battle.

Deux autres "mentors" sont déjà connus. Comme nous vous le révélions hier, le chanteur Mika s'est assuré la précieuse collaboration d'une star internationale, l'Australienne Kylie Minogue .

Et aujourd'hui sur Europe 1, dans l'émission de Cyril Hanouna, Les pieds dans le plat, Jennifer a annoncé avoir choisi Elodie Frégé comme l'une de ses deux profs particulières.

Par Benjamin Guy-Favretto

i don´t thinl nothing a good ..01. Illusion;

02. In My Arms;

03. Better Than Today;

04. On a Night Like This;all beatifulls..attachment.php?attachmentid=9531&d=1386180540

post-20706-142983701402_thumb.jpg

Edited by mer

Sorry Karin lol but I absolutely adore that song 'cause it still to this day gives me shivers down my spine. The video is so hauntingly beautiful too, like a dark fairytale, so I loved it as a child.

[YOUTUBE]H0DDxo4QkuQ[/YOUTUBE]

Mika and Kylie do have something in common, Martin Waugh.

He played guitar for Kylie at the special performance of her Abbey Road album, at the Electric Proms last year.

Mika and Kylie do have something in common, Martin Waugh.

He played guitar for Kylie at the special performance of her Abbey Road album, at the Electric Proms last year.

Mika and Lily Allen also have that in common but I don't think that explains why Kylie is a gay icon and Mika is a squeeing fanboy. :naughty:

Someone also used the "childhood music" argument with me to explain why Britney was so amazing but I guess that is what I don't understand. When I was a child I was listening to the Beatles, Led Zeppelin the Eagles, Queen, Motown, the Jackson 5, etc. etc. And it wasn't because I was some hipster music snob at the age of 7. THAT was the top 40 music at the time. It's what everyone was listening to. Yes there were some teen idols and some cheesy one-hit wonders but they died a quick death and no one of my generation cares about them anymore. I had a mad crush on Shaun Cassidy who was not the greatest musical talent of my generation, but I don't go to his gigs 35 years later :aah: I just don't want to listen to the crap music of my childhood...because it's crap.

I don't understand the gay icon thing either because other gay icons are always these larger than life and exceptionally unique personalities and talents - Dolly Parton, Madonna, Cher, Judy Garland, etc. Kylie is just so...average. You could have picked any girl out of a club in 1987 and given her those songs and gotten the same result IMO.