Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

hey, gary barlow IS talented! :shun: ok i haven't heard his new stuff, but he has written some fantastic songs for take that... and he's probably a better piano player than mika. you're right about the looks tho. :teehee: but i hope that both of them can be successful in the uk. :wink2:

You're right of course. He is very gifted as a singer/songwriter. But it's all about GB in the UK at the moment and it gets on my nerves a bit. It's such a shame, since Gary is so popular, that he's not Mika's best buddy, because if Gary's chum Robbie Williams had learned Italian in three months, and had won over the whole of Italy by being a judge on Italian X Factor, we'd be hearing all about it in the UK. GB would probably mention it on the UK show. Yet no one has mentioned Mika's success in Italy, in the UK. I've tweeted the UK show to ask them to mention it, but no luck so far. It seems like Mika is irrelevant in the UK. I really hope that will change soon.

Yeah' date=' he said there it was 600 at first, and then 2,000 something and they kept changing the venue and they finally closed it with 3K (:

Also, I used to walk around, talking about Mika and people did not know who he was! Now, they're like "oh, yes, Mika, of course I've heard of him". What happened to "Mika? what's Mika?"[/quote']

What has happened to MIKA is a natural and expected development,imo :blush-anim-cl: Seriously, I don't think nobody, who has followed him from the very start, thought he would go on with a small audience, like the early days :wink2: He's way too talented and extremely good for that :wub2: I think we have to use Mary Hopkins words from her famous, old song : "Those were the days my friends, we thought they never end- we sing and dance forever" etc...:fisch: But of course we knew they would end, and that we would have to share him with millions - even we don't like it too much :aah: But at least it's good for his account ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

It's not a question of Mika being small then and big now. He is just a star in some markets and and has a smaller niche audience in other markets. To me it feels like he has less fame than he did in 2007/2008 where he was huge in France and the UK and touring North America several times in one year. Now he's a star in Italy and will probably experience another rise in fame in France next year.

But in my world (ie English speaking North America) nothing has changed. People tend to know who he is but he doesn't do any promo so they don't buy his albums or attend his shows in great numbers. My first Mika gig was 600 people and my last Mika gig was 550 people. The only change is that he tours here less often.

It's not a question of Mika being small then and big now. He is just a star in some markets and and has a smaller niche audience in other markets. To me it feels like he has less fame than he did in 2007/2008 where he was huge in France and the UK and touring North America several times in one year. Now he's a star in Italy and will probably experience another rise in fame in France next year.

But in my world (ie English speaking North America) nothing has changed. People tend to know who he is but he doesn't do any promo so they don't buy his albums or attend his shows in great numbers. My first Mika gig was 600 people and my last Mika gig was 550 people. The only change is that he tours here less often.

I've got a question about that: I was very new on MFC at that time, but I remember people saying that tickets for his North America tour of 2013 were sold in few hours. Was it really the case? Were the venues full?

Because, if it's the case, why couldn't he try to play in bigger venues next time?

I don't get it, playing in small venues, when tickets are sold so quickly.

I've got a question about that: I was very new on MFC at that time, but I remember people saying that tickets for his North America tour of 2013 were sold in few hours. Was it really the case? Were the venues full?

Because, if it's the case, why couldn't he try to play in bigger venues next time?

I don't get it, playing in small venues, when tickets are sold so quickly.

It appeared that between 25%-35% of the tickets were sold to scalpers (ticket touts) which is at least part of the reason they sold out so quickly. He can definitely play larger venues though in the main markets like Montreal, New York, LA, etc. The unfortunate thing about selling out to scalpers immediately is that Live Nation stopped promoting the gigs completely. Normally I will get a weekly email saying that so-and-so is playing at such-and-such Toronto venue but there was no need to promote the gig because it was sold out. Basically anyone who was not following Mika very closely had no idea he was in Toronto. He did no promotion whatsoever when he was in town and the promoters didn't need to do anything either. Then Mika had that ridiculous policy of no video taping so virtually no videos exist of the gig. I am not sure what the point of even doing a tour like that is other than keeping a few hardcore fans happy and making some scalpers a profit. :dunno:

You're right of course. He is very gifted as a singer/songwriter. But it's all about GB in the UK at the moment and it gets on my nerves a bit. It's such a shame, since Gary is so popular, that he's not Mika's best buddy, because if Gary's chum Robbie Williams had learned Italian in three months, and had won over the whole of Italy by being a judge on Italian X Factor, we'd be hearing all about it in the UK. GB would probably mention it on the UK show. Yet no one has mentioned Mika's success in Italy, in the UK. I've tweeted the UK show to ask them to mention it, but no luck so far. It seems like Mika is irrelevant in the UK. I really hope that will change soon.

but remember, 10-15 years ago, everyone was laughing about gary barlow, because he lost his battle against robbie and his album wasn't very successful. and look where he's now. so who knows where mika will be in 10-15 years. :wink2:

even worse in germany... on his last 2 tours here he sold out, or nearly sold out, a venue of 7000 in munich. in nov 2012 he couldn't sell out one of 1000 here. :sad: his german record label just has no idea what to do with him, where to place him etc. - i think they simply don't understand him. :doh:

But wasn't this small amount of 550 people due to the fact that you were lucky enough to be among the few, who saw his accustic concert at The Sixth and Historic Synagoque in Washington DC - which was really extraordinary!? :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 56m

Arivo a Mediaworld Stezzano subito!! X

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 57m

Set up my Christmas tree in Milan and London at the same time today, well, with a bit of help for the one in London ;)

Setting up trees via Skype? :teehee:

8-12-2013 03.19am @mikasounds:

Oh boy. I'm tired. Bonne nuit. x

8-12-2013 03.20am @mikasounds:

Tomorrow I have to try and do some Christmas shopping. Which is strangely making me very nervous. Why!??

Do you think that he is in Paris?

That's very possible. I hope for him he is not planning to go to the Galeries Lafayette... on Sunday 2 weeks before Christmas that would be more than crazy :aah:

But I think he will spend his money in more expensive stores :teehee:

but remember, 10-15 years ago, everyone was laughing about gary barlow, because he lost his battle against robbie and his album wasn't very successful. and look where he's now. so who knows where mika will be in 10-15 years. :wink2:

even worse in germany... on his last 2 tours here he sold out, or nearly sold out, a venue of 7000 in munich. in nov 2012 he couldn't sell out one of 1000 here. :sad: his german record label just has no idea what to do with him, where to place him etc. - i think they simply don't understand him. :doh:

Yes I agree with you about Gary's comeback. But the reason everything changed for Gary, and he became a force to be reckoned with in music in the UK, was because he went on X Factor as a judge. Cheryl Cole also became big in the UK because of becoming a judge. This is exactly the reason I wished that Mika would have done X Factor UK. I'm not one of those people who thinks he shouldn't do shows like this. If it gets him publicity, and better known, then he seriously should.

Italian X Factor has been brilliant for him, but it's only going to help him in Italy. UK X Factor aren't even mentioning him as they ought to be.

Universal.de should have promoted him and don´t tell me they had done. The only thing was the Sat 1 morning Show and that´s all. When I see all the TV ads for other artists there was nothing for Mika and that´s why I´m so so angry of Universal.de. Even there wasn´t any mention of the two concerts in Germany. He could have sold out in Munich when people had known about the gig.

Universal.de should have promoted him and don´t tell me they had done. The only thing was the Sat 1 morning Show and that´s all. When I see all the TV ads for other artists there was nothing for Mika and that´s why I´m so so angry of Universal.de. Even there wasn´t any mention of the two concerts in Germany. He could have sold out in Munich when people had known about the gig.

Universal Canada is equally bad... He has a huge fanbase in Montreal but it could get bigger with just a tiny amount of promotion:sneaky2:

Last concert was sold out in a matter of minutes, he could have done 2-3 nights easily (or move to a bigger venue but it would have not been intimate after all...)

Universal Canada is equally bad... He has a huge fanbase in Montreal but it could get bigger with just a tiny amount of promotion:sneaky2:

Last concert was sold out in a matter of minutes, he could have done 2-3 nights easily (or move to a bigger venue but it would have not been intimate after all...)

Universal Russia is bad too :sneaky2: They have removed all TOOL songs from the most popular russian network "vk.com" ( that is how they try to " protect" copyright and fight piracy) , instead of promoting official info on the album... So stupid(

at least they did much more for ool than they had for tbwktm. sat1 was a huge thing with the anniversary show, and he was on several magazines and radio stations too. but do you really think celebrate would have done better in the charts if they had promoted it more? i don't believe it, because it just wasn't a great single to begin with. it's just average. i remember being shocked when i heard the first snippet of it on amazon, how mainstream and un-special it was. the problem is, but i think not just with mika but with all artists, that they don't promote the whole work and the whole person of an artist, it's always just the single. and if the single and the album doesn't sell well enough, they just stop the promo, because they don't want to waste more money. but if they just had looked a little more closely, they would have seen that the 2nd single underwater was so much more mika and had so much more potential, especially since it was released during xmas time, when romantic songs are "in fashion".:wink2: in my opinion, if uw had gotten the amount of promo here that celebrate got, it would have been a hit. so this time i don't blame it on the amount of promo, but on the wrong distribution of ressources, based on their missing understanding of mika.

Universal Russia is bad too :sneaky2: They have removed all TOOL songs from the most popular russian network "vk.com" ( that is how they try to " protect" copyright and fight piracy) , instead of promoting official info on the album... So stupid(

ah yes, we have that story with youtube here. all official mika videos are blocked. :doh: but it's not because of universal here, but due to a fight about royalties between yt and the gema, that is supposed to represent the artist's rights... surely it's the best for the artists if all their videos are blocked on yt. :mf_rosetinted::doh:

Edited by mellody

This is the problem. I mean, Mika wouldn't have needed to be a judge on a talent show if Universal had done their job properly. We see album ads in the UK for everyone but Mika! His third album, I don't think, had even one ad on TV over here. There is just no hype for him. It's no use his record label telling him that if he brought out all his songs on a special album, no one would buy it, when it's completely their fault if no one does!

This is why he needs shows like this, because he gets no promotion from Universal/Island Records. He works his butt off, and they don't seem to care.

About promoting Mika's music and albums, I was very surprised to read on Twitter that in the "Miss France" program yesterday evening they chosed 3 songs of Mika :shocked::wub2: (Elle me dit, Underwater, Popular). The channel broadcasting it (TF1) is the one that will broadcast The Voice in 2014, I guess they are preparing the public for the Voice :naughty:. It's a good thing, as many people watched the program yesterday I think.

You forgot my local radio station here:naughty:, but I know an unknown town like Bochum will not be a great help also I had an idea how to connect radio with signing but I'm also an unknown person, so no-one will be interested in and the label still does nothing:aah::aah: