Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I feel Mika never picks up the wrong words, he always explains his thoughts in a very clear way, I'm amazed how he can do it. He knows even some difficult words which I'm not used to choose in my daily life.

There's a whole sentence about LG, a whole concept, so it's not about a single word. Still, I wonder if he really told that, I doubt ... but I don't know him that much.

What do you think guys? It's like him, telling that thing about Gaga? I'm talking about the whole statement, not only the title. (Lady GaGa ha fatto un errore: strombazzare ai quattro venti di aver inciso un disco di art pop con la copertina realizzata da un artista di pop art. Banale e superficiale".)

Edited by Elwendin

I feel Mika never picks up the wrong words, he always explains his thoughts in a very clear way, I'm amazed how he can do it. He knows even some difficult words which I'm not used to choose in my daily life.

There's a whole sentence about LG, a whole concept, so it's not about a single word. Still, I wonder if he really told that, I doubt ... but I don't know him that much.

What do you think guys? It's like him, telling that thing about Gaga? I'm talking about the whole statement, not only the title.

I don´t know what they wrote exactly but he would say what he said in the radio interview yesterday but nothing bad about other singers.

elwendin, it would help if you gave us an english translation of that sentence, because with an online translator we can only get a general idea. :wink2: all i understand is that he says gaga made a mistake, and i think he talks about her new album, and criticizes something about it. :dunno:

I feel Mika never picks up the wrong words, he always explains his thoughts in a very clear way.

I disagree with that. He let a statement stand for 3 years where it was strongly implied he was bisexual. And he more or less coroborrated it in several other statements after the fact when it was clear to him how the initial statement had been interpreted.

And that's just one example. We had discussions here that went on for a good year about what his real name is because he could not even be clear about that. :naughty:

What do you think guys? It's like him, telling that thing about Gaga? I'm talking about the whole statement, not only the title. (Lady GaGa ha fatto un errore: strombazzare ai quattro venti di aver inciso un disco di art pop con la copertina realizzata da un artista di pop art. Banale e superficiale".)

I have no idea what he said so I don't know what to think. I find it difficult to take anything in a non-English interview seriously because I need to understand the nuance of what he's saying and the exact context because he is so adept at talking around a subject instead of saying what he really thinks.

I trust only the interviews that I can actually WATCH, with him speaking to the interviewer, and some times you still won't believe him :naughty:

La Repubblica staff is supposed to know him pretty well, so I don't know what to think, really. Maybe they just translated the wrong way, stressing some words more than others.

elwendin, it would help if you gave us an english translation of that sentence, because with an online translator we can only get a general idea.

I meant to do it but I'm at work and something happend so I couldn't do it.

I'll look for the right words in a while, since I don't know how to translate them right now.

:wink2:

What I mean is that he doesn't make some mistakes because of the language, I think he says what he plans to say, even in italian. Am I wrong on this?

Anyway I guess he explains his thoughts better than me... I sometimes can't tell what I mean... :doh:

Here we are, I'll translate litteraly, it could sound funny...:

Lady GaGa ha fatto un errore: strombazzare ai quattro venti di aver inciso un disco di art pop con la copertina realizzata da un artista di pop art. Banale e superficiale"

Lady Gaga made a mistake: she blared to the four winds to have made an art pop cd with a pop artist made cover. Banal and superficial".

Edited by Elwendin

What I mean is that he doesn't make some mistakes because of the language, I think he says what he plans to say, even in italian. Am I wrong on this?

Anyway I guess he explains his thoughts better than me... I sometimes can't tell what I mean... :doh:

Hmmm ... didn't he say he was pregnant during one of the Spanish gigs? :teehee:

LOL

I don't know, but to me his italian is good enough to allow him to pick the words he mean to.

So I suppose he actually said that or it was the journalist twisting it, on purpose or not, I couldn't say.

I don't know which theory is right, though. I just don't think I could tell a whole sentence wrong just because of his italian...

last question and answer:

Q. Will we see you back at X Factor next year?

A. I haven't changed X-factor and X-Factor hasn't changed me. I'll be doing my mad things in the future, I've received some offers from France and the UK too, where I'd like to make music documentaries that no one will want to produce. But it's for sure that if X-Factor does not cross my plans, I WILL BE THERE.

Now I strongly hope they have misinterpreted him here as well!!!!

:overreact:

A. I haven't changed X-factor and X-Factor hasn't changed me. I'll be doing my mad things in the future, I've received some offers from France and the UK too, where I'd like to make music documentaries that no one will want to produce. But it's for sure that if X-Factor does not cross my plans, I WILL BE THERE.

smilie_girl_266.gif

LOL

I don't know, but to me his italian is good enough to allow him to pick the words he mean to.

But perhaps it's not good enough for him to hide what he really thinks with diplomatic language. Mika never slags off other artists in public but I'm sure he has his strong opinions like the rest of us. And I would not be surprised if he is disappointed with the direction that Lady Gaga has taken because I feel the same. I liked her quite a bit several years ago but cannot relate to her at all anymore and think all of this so-called art is just desperate and gimmicky.

:shocked::shocked::shocked: NO! I want a new album and a tour for the next year :winksmiley02:

But perhaps it's not good enough for him to hide what he really thinks with diplomatic language. Mika never slags off other artists in public but I'm sure he has his strong opinions like the rest of us. And I would not be surprised if he is disappointed with the direction that Lady Gaga has taken because I feel the same. I liked her quite a bit several years ago but cannot relate to her at all anymore and think all of this so-called art is just desperate and gimmicky.

I think that´s what he said in his radio interview yesterday but let´s wait and see when Marina posts the interview and the translation to it.

I see.

I tried so hard to listen to vanity fair's interview. He spoke about Lady Gaga as well, and was more diplomatic, I think. So my opinion is the journalist streched what he said, he summed his speech up loosing the shades...

He's quite diplomatic when it comes to judge on XF, this is the first thing I noticed. I used to tell my husband "look, how nice of him, telling his opinion that way"

But I'm not sure of what I'm saying, since vanity fair interview file was a mess and I surely don't know him as you do, so....

Edited by Elwendin

I WILL BE THERE.

Does it really matter what he says or doesn't say? If they make him an offer he can't refuse he will take it. And since he took the offer this time and he is an even hotter commodity now, it seems pretty unlikely that he will walk away from both shows. The only reason I can see him giving up X Factor is if he prefers the Voice or if there is stuff going on behind the scenes that has soured the experience for him. "I'm going to be way too busy making music" really doesn't seem credible to me. The music has been taking a back seat to EVERYTHING for a very long time and I would imagine making tons of dosh and being a huge celebrity is not going to be the thing he chooses to sacrifice if he wants to...what? Do a 6-week tour like he did for TOOL? :dunno:

Here we are, I'll translate litteraly, it could sound funny...:

Lady GaGa ha fatto un errore: strombazzare ai quattro venti di aver inciso un disco di art pop con la copertina realizzata da un artista di pop art. Banale e superficiale"

Lady Gaga made a mistake: she blared to the four winds to have made an art pop cd with a pop artist made cover. Banal and superficial".

thanx. :thumb_yello: hm, so he didn't criticize her cd as such, but the fact that she bragged about having made an art pop cd with a cover made by a pop art artist...? i could imagine he said this, but in a certain context that they didn't publish. i just looked at the context of the whole question, and the quote of the title makes more sense then, since he first says he's a pop artist and what pop means to him, then he criticizes lady gaga and her understanding of pop. if i understood that right. i still think he said more and they cut out a lot there. he always talks more in interviews than they print in the end.

can't it be that the emphasis lies more on the words "if it doesn't cross my plans"? like i said before (on the other thread where the article was posted), i'd think he already has other plans so he already knows, at least if his plans work out, that he can't do the next xfactor. :dunno: but he just doesn't want to rule it out for the future, maybe also to keep the xfactor viewers curious, so they'll keep on following what he does. :teehee:

totally agree with you, even if I like watching him in tv every week, I don't want him to be in the next season! :aah:

Does it really matter what he says or doesn't say? If they make him an offer he can't refuse he will take it. And since he took the offer this time and he is an even hotter commodity now, it seems pretty unlikely that he will walk away from both shows. The only reason I can see him giving up X Factor is if he prefers the Voice or if there is stuff going on behind the scenes that has soured the experience for him. "I'm going to be way too busy making music" really doesn't seem credible to me. The music has been taking a back seat to EVERYTHING for a very long time and I would imagine making tons of dosh and being a huge celebrity is not going to be the thing he chooses to sacrifice if he wants to...what? Do a 6-week tour like he did for TOOL? :dunno:

You always spit it so right. You are damned right here, and I'm sure only the future will confirm that.

*waits*

First thing, I'm a bit lost with all these "Republica" :naughty: There are 2 of them, right? One is the daily newspaper where the interview of today was published ("I'm pop and not Gaga" title), the other one is the monthly magazine, called "La Republica - XL", where he writes his columns and where another article about him was published yesterday, right? (the one that Deb explained a bit, where he talks about his work with Morgan)

Am I right?

Because it seems to me that we are sometimes mixing both (or is it just me :aah:)

And that's just one example. We had discussions here that went on for a good year about what his real name is because he could not even be clear about that. :naughty:

Really? :teehee:

True! :roftl:

I think he will also give up X Factor simply when he is fed up with it. I think he likes trying new things, but get bored easily so I hope he will think that there is nothing new with it anymore, and prefer to try something else.

Then, of course, there is the money problem, and he may prefer to stay even if bored, only for it. We will see

can't it be that the emphasis lies more on the words "if it doesn't cross my plans"? like i said before (on the other thread where the article was posted), i'd think he already has other plans so he already knows, at least if his plans work out, that he can't do the next xfactor. :dunno: but he just doesn't want to rule it out for the future, maybe also to keep the xfactor viewers curious, so they'll keep on following what he does. :teehee:

I hope you are right :thumb_yello:

he explicitly mentions his record i think? google translate says "Of course, if the next edition of X Factor will not overlap commitments to my record I'll be there" - so at least it means that the record is his priority, doesn't it? :wink2: and i hope this includes promoting it with press appearances and a tour. :teehee: