Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Mika and Lily Allen also have that in common but I don't think that explains why Kylie is a gay icon and Mika is a squeeing fanboy. :naughty:

Someone also used the "childhood music" argument with me to explain why Britney was so amazing but I guess that is what I don't understand. When I was a child I was listening to the Beatles, Led Zeppelin the Eagles, Queen, Motown, the Jackson 5, etc. etc. And it wasn't because I was some hipster music snob at the age of 7. THAT was the top 40 music at the time. It's what everyone was listening to. Yes there were some teen idols and some cheesy one-hit wonders but they died a quick death and no one of my generation cares about them anymore. I had a mad crush on Shaun Cassidy who was not the greatest musical talent of my generation, but I don't go to his gigs 35 years later :aah: I just don't want to listen to the crap music of my childhood...because it's crap.

I don't understand the gay icon thing either because other gay icons are always these larger than life and exceptionally unique personalities and talents - Dolly Parton, Madonna, Cher, Judy Garland, etc. Kylie is just so...average. You could have picked any girl out of a club in 1987 and given her those songs and gotten the same result IMO.

isn´t it only a question of different taste? Many people around me can´t understand why I love Mika and why I listen to Erasure for more than 25 years and also I cannot understand why they love lame German music ...... Some taste things can´t be expained I think. For me, I like some of Kylie´s songs but never would buy one :wink2:. My childhood music was Elvis and I still love him.

isn´t it only a question of different taste? Many people around me can´t understand why I love Mika and why I listen to Erasure for more than 25 years and also I cannot understand why they love lame German music ...... Some taste things can´t be expained I think. For me, I like some of Kylie´s songs but never would buy one :wink2:. My childhood music was Elvis and I still love him.

:thumb_yello:

Well said!

maybe it's because he grew up with her music. dunno how it was in france, but in the uk she was a huge star in the 80s/early 90s. i remember all teen magazines being full of pictures of her back then. dunno what she did after that, but at some point she got cancer, fought it, and then had a comeback in the early 2000s i think, with some catchy dance tunes that got high in the charts and that i quite liked. and maybe her shows are fab, who knows? i've never been a huge fan, but she is kind of an icon over here, a name you just know and that is a part of music history. :dunno:

She started out, as far as the UK was concerned, in the Australian soap, Neighbours. It began to be shown here in the 80s. I think her character was called Charlene, and Charlene was in a romance with a character played by Jason Donavon. The pair got married in the soap, and may/or may not have had a dalliance in real life, for a short time.

But the soap romance was huge. Everyone loved them as a couple. Kylie and Jason both branched out into music and they recorded a duet of a romantic song called Especially For You, which was a hit. Kylie's own break out hit was I Should Be So Lucky

I admire the fact that she has managed to stay current in the changing pop world. As we all know, a star can be on top one year, and gone the next. It isn't easy to remain on top, but Kylie has. Good luck to her,

But the soap romance was huge. Everyone loved them as a couple. Kylie and Jason both branched out into music and they recorded a duet of a romantic song called Especially For You, which was a hit.

i know, i loved that song back then. :wub2: still kinda like it, it has a lot of good memories. :original: in fact i was a fan of jason donovan for a while, even went to his gig in my hometown, one of my first concerts. :teehee:

No. The ability to sing is not a matter of taste. I actually like a couple of Kiley's comeback songs and I was dancing in the clubs to Locomotion every night just like everyone else. But just because I like the songs doesn't mean she is a talented artist. It doesn't make her an artist at all actually.

Mika is the opposite. His falsetto can be an acquired taste and if you don't like pop songs you don't like pop songs. But no one can make a credible argument that he is a below average vocalist or that other people could have done the same and better. Mika's songs would not exist without Mika because he wrote them. He didn't steal them from 1960s Motown or buy them from professional songwriters. You cannot compare this to someone like Dolly Parton who wrote I Will Always Love You. This is not simply a matter of taste.

We got this message on MIKA Serbia facebook page today.

SILV

See where "Popular" landed on the top 10 of 2013. Please click, like, comment, share and subscribe so more content can be written about Ariana, Mika and similar artists.

http://www.examiner.com/list/best-music-videos-of-2013

Here's the link for Mika and Ariana. Number 7.

http://www.examiner.com/list/best-music-videos-of-2013/popular-song-by-mika-ft-ariana-grande

We got this message on MIKA Serbia facebook page today.

http://www.examiner.com/list/best-music-videos-of-2013

Here's the link for Mika and Ariana. Number 7.

http://www.examiner.com/list/best-music-videos-of-2013/popular-song-by-mika-ft-ariana-grande

Yes, they posted on the MFC Facebook as well. :thumb_yello:

The video is actually #8 on this list, though.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 9m

Milano nel sole nel freddo. Un tempo chiaro e croccante. Oggi questa città e veramente bellissima. Vado a fare jogging per sfruttarla.

A part of Duomo which is really amazing and the luxury shops I just saw homeless and dirty streets in Milan :huh:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 3m

Good Lord. Nelson Mandela rest in peace. You were the one true great icon and role model of not only my generation but so many.

I say good bye with so much love as you brought more peace and love to the world than any other.

Good Lord. Nelson Mandela rest in peace. You were the one true great icon and role model of not only my generation but so many.

I say good bye with so much love as you brought more peace and love to the world than any other.

It's very sad news :sad:

Btw, Robertina said that she saw Mika tweeting it live from XF show. He knows what is most important

It's very sad news :sad:

Btw, Robertina said that she saw Mika tweeting it live from XF show. He knows what is most important

Indeed.

I saw him looking at his mobile, and told my husband: "look, something is happening". Then he mentioned he just had a news... And while I was wondering what new that was (I don't know why, but when he sends more than one tweet in a few seconds I get only one notification) I eventually found out ...

I appreciate he didn't mind about the live in that very moment.

Indeed.

I saw him looking at his mobile, and told my husband: "look, something is happening". Then he mentioned he just had a news... And while I was wondering what new that was (I don't know why, but when he sends more than one tweet in a few seconds I get only one notification) I eventually found out ...

I appreciate he didn't mind about the live in that very moment.

:blush-anim-cl: MIKA is then unlike most men - they can only consentrate on one thing :teehee: But we all know that our boy is unique, in every way ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I agree with Mika. Nelson Mandela was a very brave and committed man. I hope his dream of peace and equality lives on.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 41m

Oh lala. Voglio ringraziare La Repubblica per l'articolo di oggi, MA non ho mai detto "Il pop sono io, non Lady Gaga" e non li direi mai !

So I guess if it doesn't say what he wanted, that means it was translated from his english version. :dunno:

So I guess if it doesn't say what he wanted, that means it was translated from his english version. :dunno:

it seems to be the title of the article - so maybe just someone made a mistake there, interpreting what mika said in a wrong way, to get a catchy title. :dunno:

it seems to be the title of the article - so maybe just someone made a mistake there, interpreting what mika said in a wrong way, to get a catchy title. :dunno:

I really hope it was a mistake, because if people will start using his popularity to earn money by spreading lies for which he'll have to deny later - I'm gonna get really annoyed...

I really hope it was a mistake' date=' because if people will start using his popularity to earn money by spreading lies for which he'll have to deny later - I'm gonna get really annoyed...[/quote']

it's usual, you need to find a catchy title for your articles. and sometimes it can happen that the one who was interviewed gets misinterpreted. it shouldn't happen, of course, it's not good journalism. but it does happen, for example, if the editor in chief doesn't like the title the interviewer chose, and makes up their own title, just by reading the interview. i guess this might have been the case here, because if whoever created this title knew a little bit about mika's personality, they would know he'd never say something like that. i hope they learn from it. :mf_rosetinted:

it's usual, you need to find a catchy title for your articles. and sometimes it can happen that the one who was interviewed gets misinterpreted. it shouldn't happen, of course, it's not good journalism. but it does happen, for example, if the editor in chief doesn't like the title the interviewer chose, and makes up their own title, just by reading the interview. i guess this might have been the case here, because if whoever created this title knew a little bit about mika's personality, they would know he'd never say something like that. i hope they learn from it. :mf_rosetinted:

There's a difference between make up a new title from the contents and there's making up a lie...

was LG even mentioned in the interview...?

Now that I think about it, it makes sense as a mistake because Mika is a beginner with this language...

Actually, when I think about it more - he learned italian so fast, it's amazing, isn't it? He's so smart :mikalove:

There's a difference between make up a new title from the contents and there's making up a lie...

was LG even mentioned in the interview...?

yes, i think mika criticized her new album or something, and they must have interpreted this wrongly in the way that he knows more about pop than she does. maybe they even meant it as a compliment to him? - anyway, i don't think they lied on purpose.