Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Rufus Wainright's husband became the director of a festival in Toronto a couple of years ago so they moved here. I was so excited because I knew it would mean lots of special concerts and Toronto would no longer be just a stop on a tour. Last year he did a gig with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and their venue is virtually identical inside to the one in Montreal. It was brilliant. They did orchestral arrangements of his songs and he had a guest opera singer to do some duets and a couple of arias from his opera.

I don't care that Mika's career hasn't had the same trajectory as, say, Katy Perry. But I would have liked to see him take advantage of a niche appeal by working on the kinds of projects that Rufus does and always expected that London would be the city that benefits because it's his hometown.

It may be a year away but it's really something to look forward to and I feel lucky to be close enough to take advantage of it. I hope more things are announced in Europe and we can enjoy Mika being a proper musician again and not just sit in our living rooms watching him be a celebrity on TV.

I've so wanted and waited for Mika to do something special like this, ever since he performed with the King's Singers and we never know, there could be more collaborations coming in different cities/countries. And yes, it's a year away but it has a weird psychological effect, now we have it confirmed that there's something really good happening in the future!

Btw, Rufus is coming to Helsinki in three weeks! I had almost forgotten it and realized only yesterday how close the date is.

maybe we can start a Petition for him to make a DVD about that concert :wink2:, it would be time enough and he still would have time enough to organize it.

I`ve already started bombing Mika with comments like this on his FB page)))

"I hope a concert DVD will be released...." :fisch:

Honestly , I think it`s a good idea to make dvd like the one from Paris. It will be another highlight!

I've so wanted and waited for Mika to do something special like this, ever since he performed with the King's Singers and we never know, there could be more collaborations coming in different cities/countries. And yes, it's a year away but it has a weird psychological effect, now we have it confirmed that there's something really good happening in the future!

Btw, Rufus is coming to Helsinki in three weeks! I had almost forgotten it and realized only yesterday how close the date is.

You're going to Rufus then?

I never cared for the King's Singers. It's not my scene. :aah: The venue looked like an amazing atmosphere though.

You're going to Rufus then?

I never cared for the King's Singers. It's not my scene. :aah: The venue looked like an amazing atmosphere though.

Yes, I'm going to see Rufus. I have a ticket but I had somehow forgotten the date and only now realized it's in March. I will be in London a few previous days, luckily didn't book that day :aah:

Union Chapel is a magical place :wub2: I really loved that performance, he obviously did the best he could.

I am dreaming of a live album of this concert...it could be possible, it's a so particular event... :fisch:

What do you think? Can I continue dreaming about it ?? :teehee:

I was thinking of him hopefully recording a DVD, but a live album might sell in many countries. I'd still love a DVD though.

@mikasounds: @becausemusic j'adore. Merci Emmanuel! Une très belle et chic surprise :)http://t.co/425vLQxPLi

@mikasounds: @Stellina88Ire veramente? No lo sapevo. Ogni fiore ha un significato?

He didn't know that every flower has a meaning :blink:

He will always surprise us :shocked:

I didn't know that either. They obviously think he's pretty awesome. Gorgeous flowers. It took me a bit to figure out the reason for this, but then I did. Very cool.

By the way, a small brag-I read the French and Italian tweets and only had to look up one word-ogni. I feel like a genius.

@mikasounds: @becausemusic j'adore. Merci Emmanuel! Une très belle et chic surprise :)http://t.co/425vLQxPLi

@mikasounds: @Stellina88Ire veramente? No lo sapevo. Ogni fiore ha un significato?

:naughty: He's adorable :blush-anim-cl: I adore the way he answered to his fan, with much candour and astonishment :mikalove:

I love this side of him, at times he seems like a child surprised for the little things :wub2: :wub2:

:naughty: He's adorable :blush-anim-cl: I adore the way he answered to his fan, with much candour and astonishment :mikalove:

I love this side of him, at times he seems like a child surprised for the little things :wub2: :wub2:

Me too...

And you know he probably went around all day telling everyone he saw, "Did you know all flower have a meaning? " I love how he is childlike, but not childish.

Why is he saying things like that? :blink: He must have known that many flowers have a symbolic meaning.

On the other hand, I learnt umami only two weeks ago :doh:

Why is he saying things like that? :blink: He must have known that many flowers have a symbolic meaning.

actually until my wedding i had no idea of this. some flowers, yes. of course everyone knows what a red rose means, i'm sure mika does, too. :teehee: and that certain flowers are used at funerals, and stuff like that. but i had no idea that every flower has a meaning. plus, i noticed that the same flower can have completely different meanings for different people. for example ivy, it stands for eternal life, so it's a typical funeral plant, but it can also stand for faithfulness and thus is often used at weddings. same for the white lily, it stands for innocence, but is also typical for funerals in the sense of "you're free of sins". that's all the details you can find online, but what you know without looking it up is mostly just "lilies stand for death, as they're typical funeral flowers". only when i searched for wedding flowers, i got to know all those details. and i still wouldn't remember the meaning of most flowers now. so i'm not surprised that mika doesn't have a detailed knowledge of this either.

actually until my wedding i had no idea of this. some flowers, yes. of course everyone knows what a red rose means, i'm sure mika does, too. :teehee: and that certain flowers are used at funerals, and stuff like that. but i had no idea that every flower has a meaning. plus, i noticed that the same flower can have completely different meanings for different people. for example ivy, it stands for eternal life, so it's a typical funeral plant, but it can also stand for faithfulness and thus is often used at weddings. same for the white lily, it stands for innocence, but is also typical for funerals in the sense of "you're free of sins". that's all the details you can find online, but what you know without looking it up is mostly just "lilies stand for death, as they're typical funeral flowers". only when i searched for wedding flowers, i got to know all those details. and i still wouldn't remember the meaning of most flowers now. so i'm not surprised that mika doesn't have a detailed knowledge of this either.

That's true, and I can't remember those meanings even I if I've heard them, I just meant that surely he knows flowers have symbolic meanings. I buy flowers just because they are beautiful and I check/ask the meaning only in rare cases, like for funerals etc something really important.

That's true, and I can't remember those meanings even I if I've heard them, I just meant that surely he knows flowers have symbolic meanings. I buy flowers just because they are beautiful and I check/ask the meaning only in rare cases, like for funerals etc something really important.

yeah, i think he just didn't know *all* flowers have symbolic meanings... i wouldn't even know the name of the flowers on his picture, much less their meaning. :teehee:

Yeah, like you girls said, there are unwritten rules of certain flowers for certain occasions. I didn't know that until I opened my flower shop though :blush-anim-cl: However, there are many customers who don't care and just want something that looks good to them which is cool. :)

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that some customers feel that you can't give pink or purple flowers to men because it's not "manly" enough; Totally ridicilous of course.

Yeah, like you girls said, there are unwritten rules of certain flowers for certain occasions. I didn't know that until I opened my flower shop though :blush-anim-cl: However, there are many customers who don't care and just want something that looks good to them which is cool. :)

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that some customers feel that you can't give pink or purple flowers to men because it's not "manly" enough; Totally ridicilous of course.

:thumb_yello: You talk sense! I was often wondering about daffodils - are they appropriate for men ?

I don't know any actual person who cares about flowers meaning, flowers are just good looking and that's all (except for chrysanthemums :aah: )

But I thought everybody was aware about the trivial that every flower has a meaning.