Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Thanks to the songs he chose as a coach during X Factor in Italy I discovered or rediscovered a lot of good music :thumb_yello: and it's happening the same in France. I love it. It's Mika effect.

When he chose Let Her Go for one of his girls it was almost unknown here in Italy and it went immediately to #1 of the charts. Universal thanked Mika sending him some bottles of wine :aah: Maybe someone will do the same now, we know he loves wine :mikalove:he certainly won't decline :naughty:

:thumb_yello: And I'm really happy that MIKA both knows and loves so many of these old songs, just because lots of them are GOLDEN - and he brings new life to it, which is great for us oldies - but it's even more important for the new generation!! BRAVO MIKA !!!:fisch:

Love,love

me

Thanks to the songs he chose as a coach during X Factor in Italy I discovered or rediscovered a lot of good music :thumb_yello: and it's happening the same in France. I love it. It's Mika effect.

When he chose Let Her Go for one of his girls it was almost unknown here in Italy and it went immediately to #1 of the charts. Universal thanked Mika sending him some bottles of wine :aah: Maybe someone will do the same now, we know he loves wine :mikalove:he certainly won't decline :naughty:

It just shows, as you have said, the effect our Mika has on music.

Is London Grammar a UK band? I had heard the song but didn't know who sang it.

Why can't all this Mika success resonate in UK? I wish, with all my heart he was being talked about here.

It just shows, as you have said, the effect our Mika has on music.

Is London Grammar a UK band? I had heard the song but didn't know who sang it.

Why can't all this Mika success resonate in UK? I wish, with all my heart he was being talked about here.

Yes, London Grammar are from the UK:thumb_yello:

And now he's following Esther Quek :blink:

Who are you and why Mika is following you? :mf_rosetinted:

She has something with the middle east, that's for sure :naughty:

Googled her. Awesome style! :wub2: No wonder he likes her.

No wonder. She looks like female Mika.

e6cb5ee5b2be26ee394291e9f747bfcf.jpg

chicas_que_inspiran_esther_quek_articulo_4865_620x.jpg

Sugar, she does look like a female Mika.

The shoes, the suits, Mika has one in that electric blue colour! Still, I don't really see Mika as someone who would follow like bloggers and all those sort of people, especially if she is female. He probably met her and found her interesting or something.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 43m

VERY excited to announce my collaboration for next year with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, full orchestral concert in Feb 2015

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 40m

Its a huge honour, here is an early piece from @LP_LaPresse (in French) more details next week, we are aiming at doing something amazing :)

http://tinyurl.com/mrdj28h

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 43m

VERY excited to announce my collaboration for next year with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, full orchestral concert in Feb 2015

Its a huge honour, here is an early piece from @LP_LaPresse (in French) more details next week, we are aiming at doing something amazing :)

http://tinyurl.com/mrdj28h

I've been grinning all day since my husband show me the news in the local newspaper this morning...

A real dream coming true:teehee:

I've been grinning all day since my husband show me the news in the local newspaper this morning...

A real dream coming true:teehee:

:blush-anim-cl: No wonder - I'm sooo happy for you, and all the other Canadian fans, and others, who plan to make a long trip, to experience this special event!! :fisch:

It's easy to understand that MIKA sees this as a huge honour - it will take him to a new level, and probably open new, big doors - for great events ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Mika has never been just another pop artist. I've always called him, The Maestro of Pop," rather than "Prince of Pop" or even, "The new king." This is because so many of his songs are operatic, verging on the classical side, but this is not surprising because of his classical training and operatic experience when he was younger.

I loved his colab with The Kings Singers. Those videos of their concert together are some of the most beautiful, and Mika seemed right at home singing with them. It's going to be a wonderful concert with the orchestra, in Quebec.

But he really must up his profile in UK too. Because this concert, brilliant though it is, will probably not even be mentioned in the UK.

I am dreaming of a live album of this concert...it could be possible, it's a so particular event... :fisch:

What do you think? Can I continue dreaming about it ?? :teehee:

I'm dreaming about that too :mikalove:

I'm so happy for Mika, he surely is very proud and surely he deserves it :wub2:

And I hope this is just the first of other events of the same kind, maybe in Europe :wub2:

...I hope this is just the first of other events of the same kind, maybe in Europe :wub2:

It should be great! I love Mika's songs in their acoustic version, wich are, in my opinion, very often much better than the original ones. I can't still imagine Mika with a real orchestra! :blush-anim-cl:

Mika has never been just another pop artist. I've always called him, The Maestro of Pop," rather than "Prince of Pop" or even, "The new king." This is because so many of his songs are operatic, verging on the classical side, but this is not surprising because of his classical training and operatic experience when he was younger.

I loved his colab with The Kings Singers. Those videos of their concert together are some of the most beautiful, and Mika seemed right at home singing with them. It's going to be a wonderful concert with the orchestra, in Quebec.

But he really must up his profile in UK too. Because this concert, brilliant though it is, will probably not even be mentioned in the UK.

:thumb_yello: I agree - "The Maestro of Pop" is a good name for our beloved MIKA :blush-anim-cl: I'm not surprised either, just very happy for him - and all the lucky persons who are able to experience this event!! And like Marta I would LOVE to have this concert recorded, cause I'm very sure it will be just wonderful ...:wub2: When it comes to MIKA, there's no limit, he can easily take the world biggest and most important stages, because he's just born to entertain - and like you, I do hope UK soon will "wake up" -and offer him something similar ... :fisch:

Love,love

me

Rufus Wainright's husband became the director of a festival in Toronto a couple of years ago so they moved here. I was so excited because I knew it would mean lots of special concerts and Toronto would no longer be just a stop on a tour. Last year he did a gig with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and their venue is virtually identical inside to the one in Montreal. It was brilliant. They did orchestral arrangements of his songs and he had a guest opera singer to do some duets and a couple of arias from his opera.

I don't care that Mika's career hasn't had the same trajectory as, say, Katy Perry. But I would have liked to see him take advantage of a niche appeal by working on the kinds of projects that Rufus does and always expected that London would be the city that benefits because it's his hometown.

It may be a year away but it's really something to look forward to and I feel lucky to be close enough to take advantage of it. I hope more things are announced in Europe and we can enjoy Mika being a proper musician again and not just sit in our living rooms watching him be a celebrity on TV.

I am dreaming of a live album of this concert...it could be possible, it's a so particular event... :fisch:

What do you think? Can I continue dreaming about it ?? :teehee:

maybe we can start a Petition for him to make a DVD about that concert :wink2:, it would be time enough and he still would have time enough to organize it.