US Dancing with the Stars - October 21, 2013

dcdeb

I completely agree with you and don't get me wrong, I am very happy when new fans join because that is only positive news. I also do not care who likes him for whatever reason, but I kind of feel ashamed when I read the comments on facebook and twitter. Most of what is said crosses the line of what is acceptable. And it aren't just teenagers. A lot of them are older women who should know better than to constantly post all day about how hot Mika is even though he could be their son. Maybe that is acceptable on the internet, but if I would go up to a random stranger and stalk him all day saying how hot and beautiful he is, I would probably get a restraining order. Just because it's done via social media does not make it any less creepy.

And yes, it's not just the Mika fandom. Every fandom has changed in the same way. The thing is, I don't have anything to do with those fandoms apart from the Katy Perry fandom, so I base my observations on this fandom and I just don't like what I see.

However, I encourage everyone who has more to say than MIKA is so hot AND BEAUTIFULLL to join the discussions as I enjoy reading different points of view.

Thing is, it might be more apparent now because it is online but crazy people have been sending/saying nonsense to singers for decades...

And I think we should try to counterbalance the nonsense with more valuable messages on FB and Twitter. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mellody, i'm so surprised you didn't like her tiny little ears :shocked:

You are known to like to dress up for concerts!

I think the ears were cute & perfectly suited for her age & considering that Halloween is a few days away... Lots of people will have their parties & costumes this weekend.

I would only dress up if Mika was playing a gig around Halloween & no other time of the year. :naughty:

haha, well, i guess it's because i need an occasion for dressing up. :naughty: mika gigs up until 2010 used to be perfect occasions, so is halloween or carnival, or in a certain way even the munich oktoberfest. just that halloween doesn't start a week early here in germany, guess that's why i was confused by her cat ears. :teehee: in fact the whole concept of halloween only started here within the last 10-15 years, we didn't have that when i was a kid. but thinking that in the us it's probably perfectly normal to have halloween parties a week in advance, i don't find the ears so weird anymore. :teehee:

To illustrate some more, a few weeks ago, my friends and I were joking about Katy fans calling Katy everything from Katheryn to Katybird, to Mum, MommaCat, Kate etc.

For these people it is insanely normal. But in our eyes it was very creepy considering these people don't really know her and Katy never said she was fine with it. Do you really think that Mika is okay with me calling him Daddy? Maybe Lady Gaga encourages it, but pretty sure Mika will think it's ****ing weird.

It just seems like people think, oh it's on the internet, I can say whatever I want. You can't. On the internet it is even more out of context and thus even creepier.

@Teresa I've said this before but I really enjoy your posts, always so clear and everything makes sense, thanks for taking time to write :thumb_yello:

I don't know if these problems are really Mika-related or just a result of changing internet culture.

I don’t follow other artists as closely as Mika, but I've the feeling that the level of FB-comments and Tweets isn't any higher for other artists (and more or less everything). So it may feel like it's getting more, but 5 years ago you hadn't Twitter and Facebook so of course this kind of commenting-culture didn't exist at all. So, maybe people thought and said it all the time, but now the whole world can read it.

It looks more like general developing (not to the direction we want and somehow out of hands, unfortunately). FB and Twitter commenting is so short, quick and easy, people think there's no need for thinking or analyzing reasons :dunno:

Thing is, it might be more apparent now because it is online but crazy people have been sending/saying nonsense to singers for decades...

And I think we should try to counterbalance the nonsense with more valuable messages on FB and Twitter. :thumb_yello:

I know. And I know that Mika hates getting weird letters or gifts sent to his house and he obviously doesn't like Twitter because of the nonsense he gets sent every second. Tweeting him non-stop does not make him notice you. At least not in a positive way.

I fear there is no counterbalancing that is effective.

I know. And I know that Mika hates getting weird letters or gifts sent to his house and he obviously doesn't like Twitter because of the nonsense he gets sent every second. Tweeting him non-stop does not make him notice you. At least not in a positive way.

Guess I'm a delusional fool because I'll never stop trying:blush-anim-cl:

To illustrate some more, a few weeks ago, my friends and I were joking about Katy fans calling Katy everything from Katheryn to Katybird, to Mum, MommaCat, Kate etc.

For these people it is insanely normal. But in our eyes it was very creepy considering these people don't really know her and Katy never said she was fine with it. Do you really think that Mika is okay with me calling him Daddy? Maybe Lady Gaga encourages it, but pretty sure Mika will think it's ****ing weird.

It just seems like people think, oh it's on the internet, I can say whatever I want. You can't. On the internet it is even more out of context and thus even creepier.

Totally weird!

Guess I'm a delusional fool because I'll never stop trying:blush-anim-cl:

No, you are persistent :naughty:

I tried for a long time but it only brought me more sh*t so I am just going to sit back and ignore.

Btw, I would also like to state that I don't necessarily think people who post these overly-excited messages are not intelligent. The messages aren't, but I don't know these people so I can't judge on that. And yes, teenagers will grow out of it eventually but they should also be shown boundaries of what is ok and what is not.

I tried for a long time but it only brought me more sh*t so I am just going to sit back and ignore.

Btw, I would also like to state that I don't necessarily think people who post these overly-excited messages are not intelligent. The messages aren't, but I don't know these people so I can't judge on that. And yes, teenagers will grow out of it eventually but they should also be shown boundaries of what is ok and what is not.

I know that too...

:naughty: i refuse to call him "da master" and "da boss" ... gives me the hibby jibbies, imagine calling him "daddy" :naughty:

For some, any attention is good attention... which freaks me out! And some are grown women my age! :doh:

I certainly wouldn't want him to remember me because i'm a total pain in the toochis, but for the awesome person i am :pinkbow:

:naughty: i refuse to call him "da master" and "da boss" ... gives me the hibby jibbies, imagine calling him "daddy" :naughty:

For some, any attention is good attention... which freaks me out! And some are grown women my age! :doh:

I certainly wouldn't want him to remember me because i'm a total pain in the toochis, but for the awesome person i am :pinkbow:

But you are:wub2:

it´s not only on the internet. Sometimes I look around the world around me and think more and more people´s brains degenerate............. I mean in daily situations, many of them don´t know there are limits in life. Sometime future terrifies me :blink:

But therefore these discussions are missing at MFC. If there is a discussion it's mostly a "strong" one (probably because the "strong" discussions are the ones with long posts, you can't lead them at Twitter). But it's not likely that you will comment in one of them, if you are new. You first need to get to know people and maybe it's harder "to get in" these days because it's just harder to start talking?

I don't know if it's really one reason, just a theory and observation.

I for one will sometimes not comment in discussions when I feel everything have already been said or if I'm not adding something to the discussion, I read these discussions with great interest thought :thumb_yello:

The MJ fanbase on Twitter can bug the hell out of me because a lot of fans, mostly new fans will try to defend him against the child molestation claims in the worst possible way; Making him look like he actually did molest a child by not doing any research and attacking people in a vicious way rather than presenting hard facts in an intelligent and calm manner. I try to stay away from twitter but yes it does sometimes bother me too when some faceless users attack MFC users and tweet embarrassing nonsense (sometimes, ok often) but I'm happy I'm not a celebrity and don't have to read it every time I log on :naughty: But Mika's a tough guy, I don't feel sorry for him at all for having to read all of those weird tweets. Most fans' intentions are good I would hope.

Thank you for the kind mentions :huglove:

it´s not only on the internet. Sometimes I look around the world around me and think more and more people´s brains degenerate............. I mean in daily situations, many of them don´t know there are limits in life. Sometime future terrifies me :blink:

I do agree with Sabine, I think that this problem is in the whole world, also in the "non fan" world / life. Most people are only interested in what is easy and don't need to be thought about. It's easier to stay with what is superficial (beauty, gossip...) than to try to understand the inside of people or things.

Even if I find it boring personaly (and I'm not happy that there are many Mika fans like that), I also can understand why maybe they are like that: I think most people are simply tired of the stress or the problems in their life, and want something "light" to forget about it.

I do agree with Sabine, I think that this problem is in the whole world, also in the "non fan" world / life. Most people are only interested in what is easy and don't need to be thought about. It's easier to stay with what is superficial (beauty, gossip...) than to try to understand the inside of people or things.

Even if I find it boring personaly (and I'm not happy that there are many Mika fans like that), I also can understand why maybe they are like that: I think most people are simply tired of the stress or the problems in their life, and want something "light" to forget about it.

I completly agree with you. I have never been overly interested in beauty or unimportant gossip, but I can see their side of things. Sometimes it is just easier to take a break from whatever may be going on in your life and focus on something less serious.

I tend to think of these people as sort of 2D, but then again, I never know what people may be thinking about me. (I hope something good...:crossed:)

:wub2:

I completly agree with you. I have never been overly interested in beauty or unimportant gossip, but I can see their side of things. Sometimes it is just easier to take a break from whatever may be going on in your life and focus on something less serious.

I tend to think of these people as sort of 2D, but then again, I never know what people may be thinking about me. (I hope something good...:crossed:)

:naughty:

What do you call making the same speeches every night, pretending to shoot the band, using the same dance moves, etc. What about his music videos? What about all his other TV performances? I don't see the difference.

But - I haven't seen him live for a while, but the gigs I've been to definitely weren't all exactly the same. Some nights he was chatty, some nights not and when he talked to the audience it wasn't about the same things at all. Also he tried things out musically, adapting and playing with the songs. OK that must have had to be rehearsed, but it gave a feeling of freshness. His gigs, to me, were exciting to be at partly because I felt I was at something unique and different which won't just be replicated the next day.

I agree with you about TV and videos

I don't think he is acting at his shows, except when he is doing his little "plays" like shooting or joking with Max etc and even those moments he is often improvising. I rather call it performing and it can be very sincere. It's a planned performance and he has his routines, of course. He might even have same little chats in several shows but it always depends on what kind of contact he has with the audience/what's his mood and if he is feeling good he talks directly from the heart and it's easy to see he is having genuinely fun in some songs and that there's real feeling in some other songs.

I want to hear him singing, too. Even if it's only one song with someone else it's always a pleasure. There are also some other things I always look forward to almost as much as singing. Love his columns and would love to hear another podcast (about his inspiration, music, soundtracks etc). Knowing about his inspiration and about him as person gives more meaning to his songs, imo.

I really like the way you put that, and agree with you :thumb_yello:

I heard that research has been done showing that the internet has led to a reduction in ability to concentrate or to handle complex arguments. We are so impatient on the internet, more so than real life I think (hope)