Yes, I agree with you. That sure will be sooner than normal for Mika, comparatively speaking. My concern is that such a long gap between albums means that each time he releases new material it's like starting all over again. It's one thing if you're on top and then take a long break -- Acts like Katy Perry, Rihanna, or even Coldplay can take a couple years off and still return at #1 when they release new stuff. Taking such a long time between albums for Mika, though -- I feel like he loses any momentum he may have had, you know? Like he had some momentum from Popular Song in the US, but there's nothing new now to follow it up, so his memory will fade from the fickle public consciousness quickly. It sort of reminds me of the story of Sisyphus -- do you know it, from Greek mythology? He was the guy condemned to push a boulder up a big hill, he'd get nearly to the top, but then it would roll down and he'd have to start all over again. And he was doomed to do that for eternity. :blink: I wish things to be easier for Mika, so that once he got some momentum behind him, he could capitalize on it, and finally reach the top of that hill. :thumb_yello: But it is what it is, and the album will come out when it's ready, just like when I write something it's done when I'm finished with it, and not a second sooner. :naughty:

You're quite right, there is absolutely nothing we can say or do that will make the album come out earlier. :dunno: I'm not stressed about it -- I'm just talking about it. I'd love for new music right now -- like tomorrow, June 1. :blush-anim-cl: But I don't expect it. And that's really all I'm saying. From a practical standpoint, I don't think the album can be ready in time to come out this year. Of course, I'm going to wait for it no matter what, and of course I think it's going to be fantastic when it finally comes out. :fangurl:

And I would love for Mika to prove me wrong by releasing it on September 15th. :teehee:

I know I've said this before, but I think it's a complete waste of his time (not to mention his music) if he releases the album without something to back it up.

If he wants it to do well in places like the UK and the US, or other places that are not France and Italy, he needs to start his campaign RIGHT NOW!

He should be plugging the new single, and I hope, from the depths of my soul, it's not in French. It's such a shame that he has no festivals or concerts lined up for the summer, because without something to promote the single and album, he might as well not bother releasing it, until he decides to tour, or promote himself again.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to mikawebsite.com, the album will be released in november:

Bpdw5yJIcAAHIXS.jpg:large

they claim it's an official info by the record label, but they're the only source so far. :dunno:

oh well...I hope so! You cannot sell a French album worldwide, that's sure.

Not even in Europe.

And I think he will benefit of X-Factor to promote it in Italy and have a good feedback. And of course France.

The rest I'm afraid will suffer as always, I don't see Universal putting much effort in promoting an album by Mika's out of those two countries.

But he might use all the money he earned to promote himself :mf_rosetinted:

I have a question....so Mika's recording his latest album in Paris? 'Cause I'm going to Paris in a week, and that'll be the closet I've ever been to Mika! (I've never had the privilege of going to any of his gigs :unsure: ) I just think it'd be amazing to be there and know he's there too :blush-anim-cl:

I have a question....so Mika's recording his latest album in Paris? 'Cause I'm going to Paris in a week, and that'll be the closet I've ever been to Mika! (I've never had the privilege of going to any of his gigs :unsure: ) I just think it'd be amazing to be there and know he's there too :blush-anim-cl:

He seems to be going all over the place recording it.He was in London recording earlier in the week, who knows where he'll be next :naughty:

He seems to be going all over the place recording it.He was in London recording earlier in the week, who knows where he'll be next :naughty:

Really?! Wow! That must be a TON of work...he usually records in LA, though, doesn't he? (I know he said it would be different this time, but....:wink2: )

Not even in Europe.

And I think he will benefit of X-Factor to promote it in Italy and have a good feedback. And of course France.

The rest I'm afraid will suffer as always, I don't see Universal putting much effort in promoting an album by Mika's out of those two countries.

Agree with you

When will you be in Paris exactly? Mika will be there on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th :wink2:

Agree with you

When will you be in Paris exactly? Mika will be there on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th :wink2:

Ugh, I just missed it! I'l be there from the 13th-20th (those might not be the exact dates, but I arrive on the 13th)

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/mika-boum-boum-boum-single-premiere/

Lebanese-British singer-songwriter MIKA is almost back to the music spotlight with upcoming new single entitled “Boum Boum Boum“.

The song serves as the first taste of his upcoming fourth studio album, still untitled, scheduled to be released in early 2015 via Universal Music.

Not even in Europe.

That's what I think he will do. He'll promote himself.

I don't expect Universal to get off their backsides to promote Mika, and I don't suppose that he does either.

At the moment, he's made an effort to help the song, with doing the lyric video, to encourage people to learn it. I thought, at first, THAT was the video for the song, in the same way that Lollipop had an animated video, but it's not, it's just something extra, and that's good.

All being well, he has some plans somewhere, to get his single known.

That's what I think he will do. He'll promote himself.

I don't expect Universal to get off their backsides to promote Mika, and I don't suppose that he does either.

At the moment, he's made an effort to help the song, with doing the lyric video, to encourage people to learn it. I thought, at first, THAT was the video for the song, in the same way that Lollipop had an animated video, but it's not, it's just something extra, and that's good.

All being well, he has some plans somewhere, to get his single known.

:thumb_yello: Totally agree - I think he already shows that he intends to do more this time - the lyric vid. is smart, now I can sing along in the right way, soo funny! :teehee: And I'm really excited about the real vid. shot in Spain - I'm very sure MIKA has his plan, and hopefully also money now, because of his TV jobs - I do wish him good luck, and hope that BBB it will be a huge success!! :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Totally agree - I think he already shows that he intends to do more this time - the lyric vid. is smart, now I can sing along in the right way, soo funny! :teehee: And I'm really excited about the real vid. shot in Spain - I'm very sure MIKA has his plan, and hopefully also money now, because of his TV jobs - I do wish him good luck, and hope that BBB it will be a huge success!! :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

Do you think ? I have a deja vu feeling.... BBB reminds me of Elle Me Dit - the one issued in summer, as a dance radio hit, prior to the album. So, I think Mika is making same steps now with BBB. As to the song - I think it`s less debatable than EMD (sorry).

Do you think ? I have a deja vu feeling.... BBB reminds me of Elle Me Dit - the one issued in summer, as a dance radio hit, prior to the album. So, I think Mika is making same steps now with BBB. As to the song - I think it`s less debatable than EMD (sorry).

No need to be sorry - we all have diff. opinions! :wink2: I have no idea how well MIKA can make it with his BBB - imo, it all depends on how well it's promoted, and how much radioplay he gets. If the song is played often on big radiost. he might have done it - if not, I'm afraid it will vanish as quick as it was out! So these first weeks are important in many ways. I think last years hit "Happy" made it so well, because it was A-listed, and you heard it everywhere, not because it was the best song.

EMD is very catchy, and I also like the lyric - and the video was fun. So well, we'll have to wait and see what happens to BBM. But I do hope it will be a success, simply because MIKA both needs it badly, and also deserves it ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

• 2 weeks later...

Since I read that he would release another album I was very happy! :boing:

I confess that recently discovered Live your life and instantly fell in love with this song, heard him sing in Spanish aww and I'm very excited :blush-anim-cl: Boum Boum Boum and then the melody is fantastic! putting make you want to move the boum :teehee:

• 2 months later...
According to this http://www.actuanews.fr/Mika-sera-de-retour-dans-les-bacs-debut-novembre_a17968.html, album might be out by November the 4th... :fisch:

That would be great as it would be the exact 5th anniversary of me becoming a fan :teehee:

But more seriously, I think it's more likely to be the 24th. First, because it's the date we've seen a few times in other articles (and the latest in the month is more likely with Mika I'd say :naughty:), and also because albums are out on Mondays here and the 4th is a Tuesday. Or it could be the release date for the US :dunno: