Me and my Mikafreaks family

Claire!

Hello MFCers,

My name is Claire. I am Belgian, but since I have been living in Toulouse (France) for more than 10 years, I am kind of French too.

I am the happy mother of 3 children, married to a lovely man, and working as an engineer in the aeronautical field… So I really didn’t need anything to fill my already nice and busy life…

Until one day in September (28/09/2013), when I had the great privilege to be at the private gig that Mika did for Airbus employees!!! To be honest with those of you, who have been following him for years, I have to say that before the gig, I liked some of his songs (like “Relax” which is for me the best medicine ever against bad mood) but that was all. When I learned that Mika would sing for Airbus, I was happy, but I didn’t realize how lucky I was. Even on the day of the gig, I was not especially excited, not even trying to get there in advance to be in the front rows…

And then it happened: a whirl of energy, joy, rhythm and euphoria caught me away! It is hard to find words to describe this, but I know, after reading it many times in your posts, that all of you here who experienced this, understand exactly what I mean. This special feeling was shared by my children and my husband who were with me, making of us, in one hour and a half, a crazy Mikafreaks family! On the next days at home, it was all about listening, dancing, singing and beating (my eldest son plays drums) on Mika’s music. What a great time we had!

Now, more than two months later, the excitement has dropped a bit, but I could take some time to learn more about Mika and the nice MFC tribe. I was thrilled to discover what a talented and charming guy he is, but also how people here care for him (and also in a way how he cares for you).

So happy I entered Mika’s fabulous world!

Claire

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a very similar experience Claire. I was not a "fan" of Mika's when I first saw him. I just liked Grace Kelly and he was doing a showcase in Toronto so I went. But it was such an experience I quickly got swept up into his world. Welcome to MFC. :original:

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome!

Hope to see some of you soon at the Voice recording on the 21st! (I registered with my kids, but now waiting for confirmation, like everybody, I guess, before crying victory too early!)

Hello Claire, welcome!

It's nice to hear how you got to know him :thumb_yello:

I hope you and your familly can get tickets for the 21th. If yes, it would be nice if you can join us at the party before (we talked about it on the French thread).

I hope to meet you soon, have fun on MFC :wink2:

Bienvenue à toi ici Claire!! :bye:

Bonjour les Francophones!

Bienvenue sur le Mika Fan Club (MFC) et le coin des Francophones!

Je suis macboll (Muriel, dans la vraie vie) et j'habite dans le Nord de la France, près de Dunkerque.

Je suis là pour t' aider sur ce site à t'intégrer et à connaître les membres alors n'hésite pas à me contacter!

Si tu as des questions concernant les sujets concernant Mika ou le MFC, n'hésite pas à m'écrire un message privé (private message).

Lien du French speaking thread pour rencontrer d'autres membres Français ou Francophones et être au courant des activités du forum.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27777

Hello Claire, welcome!

It's nice to hear how you got to know him :thumb_yello:

I hope you and your familly can get tickets for the 21th. If yes, it would be nice if you can join us at the party before (we talked about it on the French thread).

I hope to meet you soon, have fun on MFC :wink2:

Hello Mélanie, yes we already spoke about it and you were the one giving me so precious advices about the organisation of the recording! Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it at the party before (we should travel from Toulouse on the day before, which is too complicated), but I will try to find you in the queue... if of course we get the tickets. (I wonder if they choose people. Is there any selection based on gender or age? I hope coming with kids won't disadvantage us.)

Bienvenue à toi ici Claire!! :bye:

Bonjour les Francophones!

Bienvenue sur le Mika Fan Club (MFC) et le coin des Francophones!

Je suis macboll (Muriel, dans la vraie vie) et j'habite dans le Nord de la France, près de Dunkerque.

Je suis là pour t' aider sur ce site à t'intégrer et à connaître les membres alors n'hésite pas à me contacter!

Si tu as des questions concernant les sujets concernant Mika ou le MFC, n'hésite pas à m'écrire un message privé (private message).

Lien du French speaking thread pour rencontrer d'autres membres Français ou Francophones et être au courant des activités du forum.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27777

Merci, Muriel, pour ce mot de bienvenue en français! L'accueil des nouveaux membres est vraiment top! Je n'hésiterai pas à te contacter si besoin!

Bienvenue Claire!

J'ai eu aussi la chance d'assister à ce concert. Je suis contente que tu ais pu partagé un bon moment avec ta famille pour cette première expérience. :wink2:

(salut Sixtine, contente de te voir ici, comment ça va?)

Hello Mélanie, yes we already spoke about it and you were the one giving me so precious advices about the organisation of the recording! Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it at the party before (we should travel from Toulouse on the day before, which is too complicated), but I will try to find you in the queue... if of course we get the tickets. (I wonder if they choose people. Is there any selection based on gender or age? I hope coming with kids won't disadvantage us.)

No, I don't think that it is a disadvantage to come with kids, we saw many famillies for the Auditions.

And I think they don't choose, they simply take the first to register themselves I think.

Welcome to the MFC Claire!!! :)

I think we follow each other on twitter

:mika1:

Oui Michèle, comme on se retrouve! Tu m'avais followée suite à mon tweet sur le concert pour Airbus... et après avoir fouillé internet de fond en comble à la recherche d'infos sur Mika, j'ai fini par atterrir ici! Vive le MFC!

Bienvenue Claire!

J'ai eu aussi la chance d'assister à ce concert. Je suis contente que tu ais pu partagé un bon moment avec ta famille pour cette première expérience. :wink2:

C'est donc toi que je dois remercier pour les vidéos! Comme je n'attendais rien de particulier de ce concert, j'étais partie sans appareil photo ni caméra. De retour chez moi, j'étais trop contente que des vidéos aient été mises en ligne. Ca m'a permis de réaliser que je n'avais pas rêvé! Encore merci à toi d'avoir partagé!

Hello MFCers,

My name is Claire. I am Belgian, but since I have been living in Toulouse (France) for more than 10 years, I am kind of French too.

I am the happy mother of 3 children, married to a lovely man, and working as an engineer in the aeronautical field… So I really didn’t need anything to fill my already nice and busy life…

Until one day in September (28/09/2013), when I had the great privilege to be at the private gig that Mika did for Airbus employees!!! To be honest with those of you, who have been following him for years, I have to say that before the gig, I liked some of his songs (like “Relax” which is for me the best medicine ever against bad mood) but that was all. When I learned that Mika would sing for Airbus, I was happy, but I didn’t realize how lucky I was. Even on the day of the gig, I was not especially excited, not even trying to get there in advance to be in the front rows…

And then it happened: a whirl of energy, joy, rhythm and euphoria caught me away! It is hard to find words to describe this, but I know, after reading it many times in your posts, that all of you here who experienced this, understand exactly what I mean. This special feeling was shared by my children and my husband who were with me, making of us, in one hour and a half, a crazy Mikafreaks family! On the next days at home, it was all about listening, dancing, singing and beating (my eldest son plays drums) on Mika’s music. What a great time we had!

Now, more than two months later, the excitement has dropped a bit, but I could take some time to learn more about Mika and the nice MFC tribe. I was thrilled to discover what a talented and charming guy he is, but also how people here care for him (and also in a way how he cares for you).

So happy I entered Mika’s fabulous world!

Claire

I love your intro :wub2:

Welcome to MFC, you've found the best place to share Mika love :mikalove:

A whole family of Mika freaks, lucky you :thumb_yello:

Je suis française mais en général j'utilise toujours l'anglais sur internet :teehee: Bienvenue sur le mikafanclub Claire :huglove:

On partage tes sentiments ici :mikalove:

Mika est le meilleur :naughty:

Amuses toi bien sur le forum :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika