Hi everybody!

Melyssa

Hello everybody,

As introducing yourself is the polite thing to do, here I am, Melyssa, 28, from France (I guess we've been coming in waves from France recently :aah:). I'm potentially a disaster for an english speaking forum as my english is far from perfect and at the same time I'm not really good at doing short sentences, and even less short messages, so sorry in advance for my mistakes.

My Mika story is one of the least original you could get: it all began with Grace Kelly. It was just one or two weeks before 'the big explosion', on those days when I couldn't sleep and the videoclip used to be on tv at night only, but like 300 times between 1am and 6am. I fell so hard for the song that I began to let the tv on even when I managed to sleep, just because I knew his voice would wake me up and then I could see it once more (not even ashamed of how ridiculous it was. Or maybe I am, just a little bit :fisch:). I then had quite a hard time finding the album, ended up ordering it on the web, and literally 3 days after it showed up in my mailbox you weren't able to enter a music shop or even a supermarket without bursting into piles and piles of copies of Life in Cartoon Motion :doh:

It immediatly became my all time favorite cd, my all time favorite everything, and it still is, and it always will be, and I'll probably marry this disc one day. The 2d and 3d albums will kindly be asked to be witnesses to the wedding.

But then (I'm going to blaspheme, I'm sorry but I have to be honest) I haven't always been very faithfull to Mika. I had periods when he was my everything, and periods when I just... put him aside, let's say. But the current period is quite a new one for me, and for the first time I feel the need to go and jump into the virtual community (and being honest again, having him invading my living room every saturday night may have helped too). Maybe it means that that's it this time, I'm lost with all hands now :wub2:

A quick "about myself" line: I'm geeky enough to go to the Comic Con every year and to have a room half full of Daleks and other Cylons; I could easily spend a whole day doing nothing else than reading a good book (I'm stuck in a permanent Neil Gaiman mood but I'll read everything that comes into my hands); my friends say that being with me for too long is exhausting as I'm always jumping and running everywhere; and I don't think I could survive more than a week without chocolate :mf_rosetinted:.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. You have entered a wonderful world here!

And your English? Please! You write and express yourself better than most of the Americans I know!

Thank you all for the welcome! (ceebs: oh, wow, thanks :blush-anim-cl: )

thank you for your fantastic vid, I have so much fun with it :thumb_yello:

Thank you :huglove: (I'm a bit staggered by the popularity of this thing but all those comments are wonderful :wub2:)

@mine: ah ben vi, 're' comme on dit :D. Merci!

Welcome Melyssa!

Wow, your English is perfect, I'm jealous! I can't explain myself in English and all I have been able to write in my introduction was pretty much "I heard Grace Kelly, I love Mika, hee hee" like a complete idiot! :naughty:

What you wrote made me smile, we have very much in common. However, I'm not a Battlestar Galactica fan, not yet at least, just 'cause I really need a degree right now and you know, I get easily obsessed about fantasy fiction (who am I kidding, I become easily obsessed, period)!

And by the way, have we already mentioned we loved your video? :naughty:

Likes Mika .... likes Doctor Who/Neil Gaiman/sci-fi ..... likes chocolate ...

Yes, I think you will fit in very well here :naughty:

Welcome to the MFC :bye:

(and anyone who hasn't seen Melyssa's video yet should rush off and do so)

Hi Melyssa!! :thumb_yello: Welcome to the MFC!! :huglove:

It immediatly became my all time favorite cd, my all time favorite everything, and it still is, and it always will be, and I'll probably marry this disc one day. The 2d and 3d albums will kindly be asked to be witnesses to the wedding.

This made me laugh so much :mfr_lol:

And congratulations with all my heart for your video, it's simply perfect!! You're a genius :wink2:

Likes Mika .... likes Doctor Who/Neil Gaiman/sci-fi ..... likes chocolate ...

Yes, I think you will fit in very well here :naughty:

Welcome to the MFC :bye:

(and anyone who hasn't seen Melyssa's video yet should rush off and do so)

You are THAT Melyssa?!?

I love your introduction. And I LOOOVE your video!!!:wub2: It's fun and cute and sweet and awesome! :thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing it with us.

And of course

welcome.jpg

Bonjour Mélyssa! Ne t'inquiète pas pour ton niveau d'anglais, il est très bien ;) D'ailleurs, de nombreuses anglophones t'ont déjà rassurée! Mika a mis du temps entre le premier et le deuxième album, alors tu ne dois pas être la seule à être passée à autre chose entretemps :fisch:

Il existe une page pour les Francophones sur le MFC et je t'invite à y venir si tu veux rencontrer des Francophones. Voici le lien: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27777&page=89

Je suis là pour t' aider sur ce site si tu en as besoin.

Si tu as des questions concernant les sujets concernant Mika ou le MFC, je suis là!

A bientôt!

Coucou Melyssa :bye: et bienvenue sur le MFC :group_hug:

Superbe intro :wub2:

Je suis française aussi mais je parle toujours anglais en ligne :teehee:

Ton anglais est top et de toute façon ici on parle tous le mikaish :naughty:

Amuses toi bien ici :huglove:

Elle est où ta vidéo s'il te plait?

Gros bisous :huglove:

Et j'adore Mika et le chocolat :licks_lips:

EDIT: Je l'ai trouvée :woot_jump:

Mets la en lien dans ta signature :wink2:

Hi Melyssa :bye: and welcome to MFC :group_hug:

Neat intro :wub2:

I'm French too but I always speak English online :teehee:

Your English is fine and anyway we all speak mikaish here :naughty:

Have lots of fun here :huglove:

Where is your video pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

I'm a Mika and chocolate lover too :licks_lips:

EDIT: I found it :woot_jump:

You should add the link to your siggie :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Thank you all again :wub2:

Il existe une page pour les Francophones sur le MFC et je t'invite à y venir si tu veux rencontrer des Francophones. Voici le lien: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27777&page=89

Je suis là pour t' aider sur ce site si tu en as besoin.

Si tu as des questions concernant les sujets concernant Mika ou le MFC, je suis là!

A bientôt!

Merci!

Je vais aller fureter dans ce thread :D

You should add the link to your siggie

Done! Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Welcome Melyssa!!

Our stories are similar (apart from the marrying thing:teehee:), after the first intensive year I had up and down but when he came to Italy for the tv show I fell in love once and for all.

Enjoy the MFC :mf_rosetinted:

bienvenue! Je suis étudiant en français mais je sais encore très peu!!!!

Your english is very good!!! I think that spending a day doing nothing but reading is the most relaxing thing!! Have fun here, welcome to MFC