Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

I think the "Mika is so multicultural" thing is entirely propaganda at least where his music is concerned. Just because he loves other countries and other languages and other music does not mean he is going to make anything but pop or write anything but English lyrics. He wanted to write in French so badly he waited until he was 28 years old and hired someone else to do it for him. Riiight.

If people want an album that is essentially cover songs or someone else remixing Mika songs then a multicultural album will answer your prayers I guess. If you want one that is Mika's music and not the music of Doriand and Doriando and Al Doriandid then you had better hope he sticks to English and to something resembling pop. :naughty:

We will see how his music is in the future but I think "multicultural" can well describe his personality and that way explain his choices/priorities :dunno:

We will see how his music is in the future but I think "multicultural" can well describe his personality and that way explain his choices/priorities :dunno:

Sure it describes his personality but he has always been like that. We're not talking about his personality but his album. He was never driven to make multicultural music until it was advantageous to do so because of things that were happening that were more or less beyond his control.

Sure it describes his personality but he has always been like that. We're not talking about his personality but his album. He was never driven to make multicultural music until it was advantageous to do so because of things that were happening that were more or less beyond his control.

But shouldn't his personality be reflected in his albums?

Well, then I would say he is smart for adapting and using those circumstances to his advantage.

But shouldn't his personality be reflected in his albums?

Well, then I would say he is smart for adapting and using those circumstances to his advantage.

Which is fine in theory. But if, in practice, it requires him to get someone else to write his lyrics and arrangements for him what value does it have artistically? If he's just going to make an album full of cover songs to pander to various markets, he may as well be Miley Cyrus.

Which is fine in theory. But if, in practice, it requires him to get someone else to write his lyrics and arrangements for him what value does it have artistically? If he's just going to make an album full of cover songs to pander to various markets, he may as well be Miley Cyrus.

They ARE both pretty good at sticking out their tongues.....:naughty:

I don't see any difference between his collaborations no matter in which languages the songs are.

Also, there is nothing wrong about being an interpreter and Mika is certainly a very good one

*watches and waits for someone to put Mika on the wrecking ball*

My eyes :aah:

I don't see any difference between his collaborations no matter in which languages the songs are.

Because he has spent his whole life writing his own English songs and can't seem to write French ones (according to him)? How is there not a difference? Besides I think some of the English collaborations on TOOL were also not up to par and he did better work sitting alone in his parents' basement as a teenager.

Also, there is nothing wrong about being an interpreter and Mika is certainly a very good one

I have only liked one cover he's done - Satellite. The rest are dull and no better than the originals. Why would I want to hear him do covers when it could be Love Today or Happy Ending?

I have a lockable basement that's not being used for much... but he has to be out of it when I move out at the end of July... just sayin'...

I enjoy traumatising people for life.:mf_rosetinted:

I don't know if it's trauma or hysterical laughter that you got. Just know I won't ever forget it. Or you.

I don't know if it's trauma or hysterical laughter that you got. Just know I won't ever forget it. Or you.

That's my aim in life. To be notorious. Mika didn't call me a troublemaker for nothing (amongst other things):mf_rosetinted::naughty:.

That's my aim in life. To be notorious. Mika didn't call me a troublemaker for nothing (amongst other things):mf_rosetinted::naughty:.

Notorious is good in my book.