Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

You know, Anne, I have been trying to ignore this little dig for a few days now because I don't want to start an argument with you, but every time I see it, it upsets me, so I do have to say something.

You do realize that loving someone unconditionally means loving them EVEN IF you disagree with them, EVEN IF they disappoint you sometimes, right? When you say that you love Mika unconditionally here, the implication is that anyone who disagrees with or disapproves of something he does doesn't love him, too. It implies that you love him *better* than I do. That's wrong, and I resent it.

The disappointment I feel at Mika's signing on to the Voice again DOES NOT equate to, "I don't love him any more." It simply means, "I wish he was not going to do the Voice again." Why can't I say that and not be told that I'm a bad fan, or that I love him less than you do? It's hurtful and moreover it's inaccurate. :sad:

I'm sorry if it upsets some fans when others don't approve of Mika's every breath, but that really does not mean that they don't care about what happens to him or have no right to express a dissenting opinion. It's not being negative, it's being honest. I wish that we could get over this. Saying that you adore every single thing Mika does or says does not make one a better fan than someone who expresses an opposing view now and then.

Sorry if it seems I'm singling you out, Anne -- you're not the only one who makes off-hand remarks like this. You all obviously don't realize it, but they are, as I said before, hurtful, and they do nothing to make the atmosphere for open conversation on these forums any better.

I respect everyone's opinion. What I said was merely explaining that I would not post in this thread. I'm sorry it was misunderstood. I never said fans should be supportive of everything Mika does. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I was just describing my personality, for exemple I love my pup so much that I let him nibble my hand but then I realised my hand was bleeding. I don't know if that makes sense at all, but what I was saying was about me only. Everyone is different. I wasn't comparing fans or rating them and I would never do that. No one loves Mika better, we all love him in our personal way.

I truly swear I didn't imply anything at all. I just tend to take the positive and leave the negative in life and then let go with the flow as a rule. I'm not saying others should be the same way. I'm awfully sorry that it seemed I implied anything else because I didn't. Reading what you say, I understand you, but I didn't mean anything else than what I said, there was no hidden nor double meaning intended. Please believe me because it truly makes me sad.

To tell the truth I didn't think he would be on The Voice again and it came as a shock to me because I thought he was going to go on a world tour again and I was really shaken. I know so many fans all around the world who want to see him on stage! And I certainly missed not seing him in a gig last summer.

And as he's doing two TV shows again, next summer it might be the same , which is far from making me happy....but I don't have the power to change that, so I accept it and wait for better days....

And once again, I'm sorry I was so clumsy in the way I wrote that it could be misunderstood.

But this isn't Twitter. If people want to moan about people moaning on Twitter I understand. Some of the whining at him I see also annoys me even though I feel the same way about what he is doing. But this is not Twitter and whatever is going on there shouldn't be projected onto the discussions on MFC. I don't see any drama on MFC. I don't see any harsh criticisms. No one is even talking to Mika here.

Yes in a way I do think he deserves it even though I would feel uncomfortable being aggressively critical directly to him myself. Because on the topic of respect I don't think he has respected his fans. I think when you mislead people and break their faith and trust you are not going to receive respect back.

Many were going to be upset when the first X Factor was announced, there was no avoiding that. But in the following months (now years!) a lot of these hard feelings could have been mitigated by Mika just being upfront about what he was doing.

When TOOL wasn't as successful as anticipated all he had to do was say that he was taking a couple of years to make the next album and in the interim he would be working on some projects that weren't related to his music but he would still be highly visible in Europe so please stay tuned. Then the people who weren't interested in all this other nonsense could just move on and come back if/when there was new music and a tour.

Even though I didn't particularly like it I always respected Mika's avoidance of being clear about the sexuality question. When the bisexual statement came out and confused things I understood why he didn't want to clarify. It was personal and it was a difficult subject and ultimately it was no one's business but his.

But I don't respect all this BS when it comes to his professional life and encouraging fans to support him. He keeps stringing them along and allowing them to believe things that are not true. Over and over I am seeing people who have supported him unfailingly for 6 or 7 years coming to the end of their tolerance for basically being mislead. It's not about a TV show anymore.

Yes, you are right, MFC and Twitter are 2 different things. I was only talking about Twitter here :wink2:

I think that on MFC it's good to share our different opinions. And I like very much that this thread here was created about his career's choices, as it avoids that we talk about it everywhere. Like this, those who don't really like to talk about it simply don't visit the thread :wink2:

About your second point, I'm obviously not an old fan enough to be able to feel the way you feel, or the way you say other fans feel, like betrayed (maybe the word is too strong there).

And I also can't understand it with my brain, not only because of my lack of experience I think. I just don't get how we can hold an artist responsible for us not liking the choices he is making, and for us being disappointed by him. I am the only one responsible for trusting him and deciding to follow him. As I said many times, if I don't like what he is doing, I simply stop following him, but I wouldn't held him responsible for my change of feelings.

You seem to say that he asked the fans to trust him and to follow him, so he "betrayed" by doing something different, maybe not artistic enough (if I'm not interpreting well, sorry). I really don't have this feeling that he is "begging" the fans to follow him, anyway not since I follow him, that is early 2013.

It seems to me that he is doing what he likes, hoping of course that fans will follow him, doing his best to be kind with them when meeting them and on Twitter. But that he is not "needing" them in the meaning that they are not his priority when making choices.

I said on Twitter something that seemed to be very surprising for some people, but that I still believe deeply:

I like that Mika is an artist that doesn't follow the wishes of his fans, I mean that he seems not to take them into consideration for making his choices. No offense to anybody here, and I'm not saying that he is not interested in the opinion of his fans, he obviously is. It's just that if he was doing what his fans are asking for, simply because they are asking for it, he wouldn't be an artist anymore in my opinion.

I'm sorry for my even worst English tonight, quite tired and not sure that what I wrote makes sense. I hope I'm not hurting anybody with what I think and say :blush-anim-cl:

I think when you mislead people and break their faith and trust you are not going to receive respect back.

I personally have never felt mislead or that my trust was broken. Not about important stuff. Not about doing XF or TV again. Not about him still being truly interested in doing music and creating stuff (doing both, television and this, is no contradiction for me), not about him wanting to do live shows again. Maybe a bit about the progress of the 4th album earlier. But that was the same with his 2 previous albums as I read from some posts and I had to learn that like I had to learn Gertrude. And the first XF announcement was quite a surprise, but I could follow why he changed his opinion, especially after seeing him as a coach.

When TOOL wasn't as successful as anticipated all he had to do was say that he was taking a couple of years to make the next album and in the interim he would be working on some projects that weren't related to his music but he would still be highly visible in Europe so please stay tuned. Then the people who weren't interested in all this other nonsense could just move on and come back if/when there was new music and a tour.

What's people stopping from just doing it while it's happening? :dunno: I don't need to know how long I need to zoom out while nothing happens that I'm interested in? When he is back with things I'm interested in I will get to know through Facebook or Newsletters and come back.

Plus I don't think he had an exact plan how he'll do things the next years while signing the first XF contract.

And just for distinguish-reasons: I don't trust that he's doing the best choices for himself and his career. Just because sometimes the word trust gets thrown into the pot regarding this in the discussions :wink2:

Edited by DerMoment1608

And I also can't understand it with my brain, not only because of my lack of experience I think. I just don't get how we can hold an artist responsible for us not liking the choices he is making, and for us being disappointed by him. I am the only one responsible for trusting him and deciding to follow him. As I said many times, if I don't like what he is doing, I simply stop following him, but I wouldn't held him responsible for my change of feelings.

You seem to say that he asked the fans to trust him and to follow him, so he "betrayed" by doing something different, maybe not artistic enough (if I'm not interpreting well, sorry). I really don't have this feeling that he is "begging" the fans to follow him, anyway not since I follow him, that is early 2013.

It seems to me that he is doing what he likes, hoping of course that fans will follow him, doing his best to be kind with them when meeting them and on Twitter. But that he is not "needing" them in the meaning that they are not his priority when making choices.

I said on Twitter something that seemed to be very surprising for some people, but that I still believe deeply:

I like that Mika is an artist that doesn't follow the wishes of his fans, I mean that he seems not to take them into consideration for making his choices. No offense to anybody here, and I'm not saying that he is not interested in the opinion of his fans, he obviously is. It's just that if he was doing what his fans are asking for, simply because they are asking for it, he wouldn't be an artist anymore in my opinion.

I'm sorry for my even worst English tonight, quite tired and not sure that what I wrote makes sense. I hope I'm not hurting anybody with what I think and say :blush-anim-cl:

For me it does make totally sense and I have the same perspective on both things :thumb_yello: I didn't have time to say it on Twitter and didn't want to stomp into that discussion, but now I can tell it to you after all: I deeply share this opinion about making choices :huglove:

On the other hand I don't share your opinion about telling him things on Twitter :teehee: (as long as it's not aggressive) Who makes choices must bear the consequences imho.

You know, Anne, I have been trying to ignore this little dig for a few days now because I don't want to start an argument with you, but every time I see it, it upsets me, so I do have to say something.

You do realize that loving someone unconditionally means loving them EVEN IF you disagree with them, EVEN IF they disappoint you sometimes, right? When you say that you love Mika unconditionally here, the implication is that anyone who disagrees with or disapproves of something he does doesn't love him, too. It implies that you love him *better* than I do. That's wrong, and I resent it.

The disappointment I feel at Mika's signing on to the Voice again DOES NOT equate to, "I don't love him any more." It simply means, "I wish he was not going to do the Voice again." Why can't I say that and not be told that I'm a bad fan, or that I love him less than you do? It's hurtful and moreover it's inaccurate. :sad:

I'm sorry if it upsets some fans when others don't approve of Mika's every breath, but that really does not mean that they don't care about what happens to him or have no right to express a dissenting opinion. It's not being negative, it's being honest. I wish that we could get over this. Saying that you adore every single thing Mika does or says does not make one a better fan than someone who expresses an opposing view now and then.

Sorry if it seems I'm singling you out, Anne -- you're not the only one who makes off-hand remarks like this. You all obviously don't realize it, but they are, as I said before, hurtful, and they do nothing to make the atmosphere for open conversation on these forums any better.

Exactly how I feel too Deb, Hence why I tend to get a little stressy with those who do this. I don't want to fall out with anyone, but not liking some choices Mika makes, doesn't mean I love him any less.

I think Deb that we can safely assume that if there is anyone here who has invested a lot of love, time and dedication in Mika and his career and fans than it is you. And I daresay that none of the people who shout that they love him so much that they think everything is amazing, don't love him half as much as you have in the past 8 years. Many people underestimate the work you do and just because you don't hail his every breath, doesn't mean you no longer care about him. So don't let anyone make you feel undervalued. You are very much appreciated both by the fans and by Mika and Team and you know that.

Well said, and SO true :thumb_yello:

Yes, you are right, MFC and Twitter are 2 different things. I was only talking about Twitter here :wink2:

But other people have and IMO moaning about drama that does not exist and claiming that you are avoiding MFC because of non-existent drama creates a far more unpleasant vibe than anything people post here about Mika.

About your second point, I'm obviously not an old fan enough to be able to feel the way you feel, or the way you say other fans feel, like betrayed (maybe the word is too strong there).

And I also can't understand it with my brain, not only because of my lack of experience I think. I just don't get how we can hold an artist responsible for us not liking the choices he is making, and for us being disappointed by him.

I am the only one responsible for trusting him and deciding to follow him. As I said many times, if I don't like what he is doing, I simply stop following him, but I wouldn't held him responsible for my change of feelings.

As I said it is not about his choices anymore but about the fact that he can't be upfront about what he is doing. When someone doesn't tell you the truth they rob you of your ability to make an informed choice that is best for you. If I had any idea that he was going to take on show after show after show with no intention of proper touring again I would be long gone.

It is all well and good for people to say that real life problems are more important but guess what, MFC is not run by the Ticket Fairy. We are real people who have done real work that cuts into our real lives. Even now that I am finished with Mika I still have responsibilities here and still have a massively time consuming task to finish before I go. Deb or Guylaine can't just say well these shows bore me so I will check out until Mika decides to do something I like. It is all or nothing. It's a huge commitment to fulfill and it's also a huge commitment to walk away from.

No that is not what I am saying at all. That is why I used the example of statements about his sexuality as a comparison. I feel betrayed when someone says their album is half finished to convince me they are not prioritizing a TV show even though they haven't even started yet. I feel betrayed when someone tells me they've accepted a TV show job so they can afford to make an album and tour and 4 TV shows, a couple more houses and 10 Versace suits later that is obviously not the case. I feel betrayed when at the end of 2013 Mika promises there will be great things in 2014 and his team makes a very pointed statement aimed at reassuring people that Mika is totally committed to his music. Yet here we are a year later and all we have to show for those promises and assurances is another 2 TV shows until mid 2015 and memories of 2 gigs paid for by corporations and inaccessible to most fans. I could go on but I'm sure no one wants to hear it and some of these disappointments are not for public discussion. Anyway I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I like that Mika is an artist that doesn't follow the wishes of his fans, I mean that he sees not to take them into consideration for making his choices. No offense to anybody here, and I'm not saying that he is not interested in the opinion of his fans, he obviously is. It's just that if he was doing what his fans are asking for, simply because they are asking for it, he wouldn't be an artist anymore in my opinion.

But these choices have nothing to do with his art. I don't understamd how you interpret him neglecting his art to take a paid job makes him more of an artist than doing what the fans of his art want. At least in this case where they want him to work on his art. Would you say the same thing if he had taken a job cleaning toilets instead? Because I don't see the difference in terms of his status as an artist.

Mika is ignoring what his fans want because he has new employers and now they make him do things. I don't know how you equate doing embarrassing Sky TV adverts because it is part of his X Factor contract with maintaining his integrity as an artist. But if he actually came through on his years-long promise to do a residency of small acoustic shows like his fans want he is somehow compromising himself. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Do you really think that, as an artist, Mika would rather make TV adverts than put on a theatrical show? Or doesn't it seem more likely that something else is driving a decision to agree to a TV advert?

Anyway I am done discussing it here. Unlike everyone else I do not love Mika anymore. I just feel very bad for the people who still believed that Mika was going to get back on track soon and are now disappointed. And I respect their right to say so without people accusing them of creating drama etc.

I personally have never felt mislead or that my trust was broken. Not about important stuff. Not about doing XF or TV again. Not about him still being truly interested in doing music and creating stuff (doing both, television and this, is no contradiction for me), not about him wanting to do live shows again. Maybe a bit about the progress of the 4th album earlier. But that was the same with his 2 previous albums as I read from some posts and I had to learn that like I had to learn Gertrude. And the first XF announcement was quite a surprise, but I could follow why he changed his opinion, especially after seeing him as a coach.

What's people stopping from just doing it while it's happening? :dunno: I don't need to know how long I need to zoom out while nothing happens that I'm interested in? When he is back with things I'm interested in I will get to know through Facebook or Newsletters and come back.

Plus I don't think he had an exact plan how he'll do things the next years while signing the first XF contract.

And just for distinguish-reasons: I don't trust that he's doing the best choices for himself and his career. Just because sometimes the word trust gets thrown into the pot regarding this in the discussions :wink2:

Sorry was having a hard time posting my response to Melanie and didn't see your post until later. I think I have addressed most of this in what I said to her. Just because you haven't felt mislead doesn't mean it is unreasonable for others to feel so. We all have different experiences. And as I said I can't just pick up and walk away and come back whenever I feel like it. It's a huge decision to stop being involved and someone in Deb's position especially can't just tune Mika and MFC out for months or years while he does whatever. Especially when we never know which is it going to be - months or years.

I'm absolutely sorry if I said anything wrong or that was said in a way that was clumsy, I know everyone here loves Mika or else they wouldn't be here obviously, I only meant that I didn't feel like discussing Mika's choice of career at the moment. That's all. If I hurt anyone's feeling, please forgive me. It would have been better that I didn't post here, as I didn't have anything to say on the subject. I respect all of you and all opinions. :sorry: And I will stay away from this thread for now.

Thank you DerMoment :huglove:

Anne, I know you are a kind soul, and you are always very positive. But your words did hurt me, written as they were in this thread. As I said, I tried to ignore them, but seeing them every day, and reading things written by others elsewhere... well, they got to me and I had to say something. I accept your apology, and hope that we'll be OK going forward.

Melanie, I hope you can understand this: I am totally OK with Mika doing what he wants to do and not what I want him to do. It's his life, so he SHOULD do what he wants. That's always been what makes Mika, Mika. He absolutely does NOT have to always do what I want him to do. BUT that doesn't change the fact that I wish that he didn't want to do these TV shows, and I'm not happy that he's doing them. Does that make sense?

I'll try to give you an example: My husband is a conservative Republican. I'm a very liberal Democrat. We have VERY different political views. I really wish that my husband didn't think the way he does about some things and I don't understand why he does. And yet, I admire him for staying true to his ideals and being intelligent enough to formulate his own opinions about things. I'm glad that he doesn't go along with whatever I say just to placate me. Even though it would be a lot easier for both of us if he did.

And so, still, despite our differences of opinion, I know he is a good man and I love him.

Similarly, I'm OK that Mika has made up his mind about what he wants to do and he's doing it... despite what his fans, his family, his management, etc. may think. I just deeply wish, for a variety of reasons, that he had made another choice.

I feel lucky that I saw him last week because I could see he looked really well and it helps me to accept the news.

Yes, I would probably be a lot more "zen" as you called yourself elsewhere if I had just seen Mika a few days ago. :naughty: Or if I had seen him at any time in the last 18 months. Or if I knew I was going to see him before February 2015. :tears:

In any case, I'm moving forward.

But other people have and IMO moaning about drama that does not exist and claiming that you are avoiding MFC because of non-existent drama creates a far more unpleasant vibe than anything people post here about Mika.

I often experience there's a lot of drama. Not in telling opinions, agreeing/disagreeing, liking/not liking but in the way people talk to each other, in this whole bad fan vs blind fan pattern that keeps repeating (and in the way people sometimes tell their opinions in an aggressive way even directly to Mika, but that's on twitter). This is how I experience it and you obviously experience it differently. What makes your experience right and mine automatically wrong? I'm just genuinely wondering.

Edit: Just wanted to add that even I experience drama it doesn't mean that people are not free to talk whatever they want to even with drama. Of course they are! And I'm happy that I've finally found ways to shut it out, I don't let it to affect me anymore (at least not the ways I used to). I don't care anymore. People are free to think that I'm a bad fan or that I'm blindly adoring him and I simply don't care. I know what I'm doing and it's very liberating not to care about things like that. Of course, I'm still interested in hearing everyone's opinions as always!

Yes, I would probably be a lot more "zen" as you called yourself elsewhere if I had just seen Mika a few days ago. :naughty: Or if I had seen him at any time in the last 18 months. Or if I knew I was going to see him before February 2015. :tears:

:huglove: I feel lucky and grateful I saw him. But you know how it is, it didn't "just happen". I made a lot of effort to make it happen. The zen attitude toward everything around me just happened, I guess.

Edited by tiibet

Anne, I know you are a kind soul, and you are always very positive. But your words did hurt me, written as they were in this thread. As I said, I tried to ignore them, but seeing them every day, and reading things written by others elsewhere... well, they got to me and I had to say something. I accept your apology, and hope that we'll be OK going forward.

Thanks for accepting my apology Deb . I was in tears because of this last night. I feel better now. I value our friendship and all the work you do for MFC a lot :wub2: I hope we'll be ok going forward , that's my wish too :blush-anim-cl:

I often experience there's a lot of drama. Not in telling opinions, agreeing/disagreeing, liking/not liking but in the way people talk to each other, in this whole bad fan vs blind fan pattern that keeps repeating (and in the way people sometimes tell their opinions in an aggressive way even directly to Mika, but that's on twitter). This is how I experience it and you obviously experience it differently. What makes your experience right and mine automatically wrong? I'm just genuinely wondering.

Edit: Just wanted to add that even I experience drama it doesn't mean that people are not free to talk whatever they want to even with drama. Of course they are! And I'm happy that I've finally found ways to shut it out, I don't let it to affect me anymore (at least not the ways I used to). I don't care anymore. People are free to think that I'm a bad fan or that I'm blindly adoring him and I simply don't care. I know what I'm doing and it's very liberating not to care about things like that. Of course, I'm still interested in hearing everyone's opinions as always!

:huglove: I feel lucky and grateful I saw him. But you know how it is, it didn't "just happen". I made a lot of effort to make it happen. The zen attitude toward everything around me just happened, I guess.

In all this time of these dramas, I have never once insinuated or even said to anyone who is happy with Mika doing the tv shows, that they are a bad fan, although quite a few people have insinuated that I was for apparently not supporting him.

If these shows are your kind of thing, then that's up to you. My nephews wife, and my eldest niece are big fans of X Factor, but it doesn't stop me from loving them to bits, we just don't talk to each other about it, as they know my feelings about it.

Just like Mikas choice to do the 2 shows again, okay I'm deeply disappointed about it, but I still love him to bits. I was ecstatic when he posted the pic of him and Greg in L.A. the next day after The Voice announcement. It took the sting out of it a little.

If he would just announce some dates for gigs next year, before the end of this one, it would help a hell of a lot, and give those of us who are't fans of the tv shows a bit of hope.

Just like Mikas choice to do the 2 shows again, okay I'm deeply disappointed about it, but I still love him to bits. I was ecstatic when he posted the pic of him and Greg in L.A. the next day after The Voice announcement. It took the sting out of it a little.

If he would just announce some dates for gigs next year, before the end of this one, it would help a hell of a lot, and give those of us who are't fans of the tv shows a bit of hope.

I know what you mean, I loved him posting that studio pic! :wub2: And I agree, waiting is easier to everyone when we know there will be dates next year. Let's hope he will at least talk about it soon!

I often experience there's a lot of drama. Not in telling opinions, agreeing/disagreeing, liking/not liking but in the way people talk to each other, in this whole bad fan vs blind fan pattern that keeps repeating (and in the way people sometimes tell their opinions in an aggressive way even directly to Mika, but that's on twitter). This is how I experience it and you obviously experience it differently. What makes your experience right and mine automatically wrong? I

People are either fighting with each other or they are not. It's not a subjective experience especially the subjective experience of people who are not even involved. You say you "often" experience drama and maybe that is accurate but I am not talking about the past I'm talking about right now. I'm talking about people saying that since Mika announced he was doing the Voice 2015 that they are avoiding the drama here or not letting it affect them etc. Talking about people fighting or acting hysterically when they are not just creates bad feelings and puts people on edge and the next thing you know there is actual drama that really has nothing to do with Mika doing the Voice but about an intolerance for others to express feelings that they don't share or deem "positive".

I also enjoyed coming to MFC for many years to have fun. And sometimes people talk about things here that are not fun, that upset them and consequently upset me. They have cancer, they have problems at work, they lose a pet or maybe a friend just said something hurtful. I don't try to emotionally blackmail these people into keeping their feelings to themselves so they don't spoil my day with their upset. I don't tell them I am avoiding their posts and their "drama". Why is someone being upset about something related to Mika an unacceptable topic for discussion on the Mika Fan Club when people feel free to talk about all the other upsetting things in their lives?

At this point I honestly do not care what Mika does. He cannot disappointment me anymore. I would have been shocked if he hadn't done the Voice. I will be shocked if the album is released in less than a year. I will be shocked if it's actually good. I will be shocked if he does serious promo outside of France or Italy for the album. I will be shocked if he ever does a proper tour again. But I still had a heavy heart when I heard the news because I knew how much it would hurt people I care about and other members here who have put their faith in Mika. If some don't sympathize with them or understand their point of view that is fine but I don't know why people who refuse to even listen to them openly dismiss their feelings. If people don't want to read it then just don't read it.

I think I've to clarify two things:

Just because you haven't felt mislead doesn't mean it is unreasonable for others to feel so. We all have different experiences.

Sorry if it came across like that, that was not my implication, I was merely pointing out how I feel about it and that it was different. I hoped it was clear with saying "I personally", but as it was misunderstandable: I don't think that what I feel does or should apply to someone else.

And as I said I can't just pick up and walk away and come back whenever I feel like it. It's a huge decision to stop being involved and someone in Deb's position especially can't just tune Mika and MFC out for months or years while he does whatever. Especially when we never know which is it going to be - months or years.

When you are speaking from the perspective of a mod than it's something different and than I agree with you. In my answer I thought you were talking about fans in general.

I wasn't going to come on here for a while anymore because I actually am really busy. But people are talking about drama where there is none. Maybe it is because I don't follow many Mika fans on Twitter, but I have only seen the people who also posted in this thread (including myself), tweeting him that they are not happy with it and they moved on. Nobody here insulted him. It is not insulting to tell him how you feel. And you can tell people they are 'wrong' for feeling the way they do and daring to express it, but the whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss different points of view. It is not the "MIKAISSOAMAZINGLETUSBEHAPPYWITHEVERYTHINGHEDOES" forum. If you do feel this way, good for you. If you don't, then you have as much right to discuss it as anyone else.

Also, people seem to think that Mika is a very fragile human being who can't stand criticism without breaking down in tears. I can tell from experience that this is not the case and that he in fact knows perfectly well how to deal with it. It are the fans that feel like they have to protect Mika for whatever reason, who can't deal with it. So don't project your own feelings onto him. It is not fair.

Now I will leave. The only reason I actually did come back here was to post my wrecking ball picture which mysteriously disappeared before.:mf_rosetinted:

I'm talking about people saying that since Mika announced he was doing the Voice 2015 that they are avoiding the drama here or not letting it affect them etc. Talking about people fighting or acting hysterically when they are not

The crux about that is that you can't avoid drama if you want to be sure that there is drama to avoid.

If you stay totally out of it, it could be that there isn't drama at all, as much as it could be that there is. And if you read everything you may realize that there isn't drama this time, but you could end up in the drama you wanted to avoid equally. So you just can make conclusions from prior situations and stay away from supposed drama.

Beforehand I didn't want to go into this thread. In the end I did end up here (like I mostly do :naughty:), and so far there isn't any drama, in fact it's a nice discussion at the moment. But could have been otherwise, too.

I'm for a "drama warning pop-up" :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Edited by DerMoment1608

People are either fighting with each other or they are not. It's not a subjective experience especially the subjective experience of people who are not even involved.

But how could it not be at least somehow subjective experience? People don't even agree how to define fighting.

I wasn't going to come on here for a while anymore because I actually am really busy. But people are talking about drama where there is none. Maybe it is because I don't follow many Mika fans on Twitter, but I have only seen the people who also posted in this thread (including myself), tweeting him that they are not happy with it and they moved on. Nobody here insulted him. It is not insulting to tell him how you feel.

I agree with you, of course it's fine for people to tell how they feel! That's the whole point of different discussion forums. But it can be done in many ways and sometimes people express themselves quite aggressively. Sometimes I seriously wonder if people (who tweet him) would talk to him like that face to face. Not talking about anyone writing in this thread and of course I know that many fans he knows tell him honest opinions and I've always assumed he appreciates it.

The crux about that is that you can't avoid drama when you want to be sure that there is drama to avoid.

If you stay totally out of it, it could be that there isn't drama at all, as much as it could be that there is. And if you read everything you may realize that there isn't drama this time, but you could end up in the drama you wanted to avoid equally. So you just can make conclusions from prior situations and stay away from supposed drama.

Beforehand I didn't want to go into this thread. In the end I did end up here (like I mostly do :naughty:), and so far there isn't any drama, in fact it's a nice discussion at the moment. But could have been otherwise, too.

Exactly. This is how I see it too.

Why do not you think we all of us are liking the same thing (Mika) and join us to support him... yes, unconditionally. Why not? It is a very nice thing.

Cause this is not a church, I have no religious blind faith and I don't want to hold hands and sing kumbaya.

I like when people have their own opinion and aren't afraid to tell it.

I think that his suits are as much boring as The Voice was, I like BBB, I hate Make You Happy so much that I never ever got through the all of it, I felt sorry for him when he forgot Lola lyrics, sometimes he moves me, sometimes he makes me laugh, sometimes he acts like a dbag. And I should be allowed to speak up for everyone of my feelings, not just the good ones. I've been around for just one year by now, I committed quite a fair amount of time and energies on him already, but there are people who dedicated so much more time and money and feelings to him during these 7 years that it would be utterly weird if they wouldn't feel emotionally involved in his choices. And when you are emotionally involved, you need to share what you feel, no matter what.

I think that we don't need people to shut up, we just need them not to get hurt if someone else has a different point of view. Negative opinions can't affect your life, and his, unless you allow them to.

I care about my friends opinion, especially when it's about myself, but I don't give a fudge about strangers' ones.

By the way, I think all of you talk too much.

Amen :pray:

I think I've to clarify two things:

Sorry if it came across like that, that was not my implication, I was merely pointing out how I feel about it and that it was different. I hoped it was clear with saying "I personally", but as it was misunderstandable: I don't think that what I feel does or should apply to someone else.

No I totally understand that. It is just a pre-emption to someone else coming along and saying "Mika didn't betray you". :naughty:

When you are speaking from the perspective of a mod than it's something different and than I agree with you. In my answer I thought you were talking about fans in general.

Well that's because I can only really speak for myself. That doesn't mean that others don't also feel an investment in following Mika and are also finding it difficult to just walk away when they are being told over and over that things are going to change soon.

When these discussions first started some people said well I don't mind Mika doing TV shows and left it at that. Others insisted that it was only 3 months so stop making a big deal, you're just jealous of Italians. Then it was stop calling Mika a liar, he is working on an album. You should have faith in him. Then it was a second XF doesn't change anything, the album is coming in November.

So here we are and there is no album coming in November and no tour imminent. This is not an issue for me because I came to terms with it months ago and knew it wasn't going to happen. But other people did not.

Now obviously strictly speaking it is true that no one forced them to stick around. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head. But does that mean you completely forfeit your right to feel disappointed when you realize what you believed is false?

I am not going to speak for Buttons but if I can use her as an example...she has said if she had known Mika was doing the Voice she may not have booked her flight to Montreal. Obviously it was her choice to go. But I can put myself in her shoes because I also changed my mind about going to Montreal for the same reason. I was just lucky enough to have seen the writing on the wall months ago before I spent my money and couldn't change my plans. I don't think she should be blamed for maintaining some faith in him instead of writing him off as I did.

But it can be done in many ways and sometimes people express themselves quite aggressively. Sometimes I seriously wonder if people (who tweet him) would talk to him like that face to face.

Yes you're right they probably wouldn't talk to them like that to his face, but as Guy says that's between him and them.

Sorry everyone I am a little confused as I don't have twitter but I do know Mika is doing the voice again next year

Is this why people are upset?

If so I think him going on these shows are good for him. If I was in his position i would do it! To be honest I would be happy for him whatever he does!

But I understand if people don't like it! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I also agree that people should be aggressive to Mika directly because you shouldn't be aggressive to anyone especially not online! (Even though Mika has said he doesn't mind criticism) Anything can be interpreted the wrong way and people should remember that but I must say the MFC is full of lovely people and perhaps the most friendly and welcoming forum I have ever been part of so thank you! And also it's all about Mika so it makes it so much better!

Sorry but is this the reason why people are upset?

Whether we fight or we don't, I guess we are all disappointed, or just sad, because he gave us the message that now, money has become an higher priority than fans' happiness that comes from him being a musician and making gigs .

I hope that we will be able to forget all this "drama" when he will come back as a singer, and I hope we don't have to wait too much tough :fisch:

Peace and love :huglove: