Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

Whether we fight or we don't, I guess we are all disappointed, or just sad, because he gave us the message that now, money has become an higher priority than fans' happiness that comes from him being a musician and making gigs .

I hope that we will be able to forget all this "drama" when he will come back as a singer, and I hope we don't have to wait too much tough :fisch:

Peace and love :huglove:

I don't think it's about the money. Maybe for the publicity or maybe the experience? I'm sorry but I think it's quite cool that I can see him be a good judge and he can be a musician as well :blush-anim-cl: I have been enjoying watching X Factor Italia on sky uno online :naughty: even though I only understand partly what they are saying :aah::wub2:

But I'm sorry people are upset by this :thumb_yello:

christine, with the things you wrote on the last few pages, i finally understood why people stop being mika fans altogether because of these tv shows. i never was able to understand it so far - why not just do other things and go to gigs again when there are some? that's how i personally see it, and i never understood how someone could be *so* disappointed that they say they won't follow him anymore when he finally comes back. you explained it well this time (or maybe you did before in some posts i didn't see :teehee:), thanks for this. :thumb_yello:

i gotta say, leaving and coming back when mika makes music again is exactly what i do. not on mfc maybe, although i don't have time to post as much as i used to, since my baby's keeping me busy. but i've completely abandoned the german forum in the last few months. this is not because mika is doing tv shows tho, but because he's concentrating his career on france and italy - i just see no use in investing time into a website/forum for the few german fans left, who come on mfc/facebook/twitter anyway to check for news. without an album in sight, because who knows whether it will even be released/promoted in germany at all? once mika comes back to my country (for more than 2 radio shows), i'll take care of the site again. but in the meantime, i just can't be bothered. i prefer to be on mfc, where there are a lot of active fans from all over the world.

in fact, i'm very glad that a lot of mfcers seem to be interested even in the tv shows, because if they weren't, mfc would be pretty empty too - and an empty forum (like the german one) just doesn't motivate people to come back, and the whole community would break apart. that would make me really sad, because the mfc community is one of the reasons why i'm a mika fan.

i've tried for a while in the german forum to keep it alive, by posting news... but with none or hardly any answers to my posts, i gave up at some point. that's why it's still fun for me to be a mod on mfc, because it's an active community. if i take the time to create games for the mfc birthday, or organize a project like the book last year, there are many participants, and not just the same 5-10 people who have been taking part in these things for the last 7 years already (no offense to these 10 german fans, you know i love you and i'm glad i'm not the only one left here in this country! :naughty:). this mfc community keeps up the fun for me, even if mika doesn't do anything i'm interested in.

i know that eventually he'll come back with new music, and come on tour, at least in france and italy - which luckily are places i can easily travel to. if his music disappoints me, i'll eventually stop being his fan. but even that would take a while, as there's always still mfc, there's always his old songs i love, and there's always mika as a person.

anyway, i *am* disappointed by him doing the voice again, and especially by the news that the album won't be out in november after all (is this for real now, or was it just a rumour?!). and i'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't do any new songs at the gigs in february. at least i can be sure that the show will be different, with the symphony orchestra. i surely wouldn't travel to canada to see the same show like for the last 2 years (or even more years, if you change a few songs :fisch:). i was pretty sad that i didn't see any of the shows of the last US tour, they were really special. so i hope these montreal gigs will be special too.

and well, i'm talking too much. i should be off to bed, to catch up on some sleep. :aah: just was inspired to posts my thoughts about the current developments in mikaland. :naughty:

I don't think it's about the money. Maybe for the publicity or maybe the experience?

I could agree about that for the first season of Xf and the first season of the Voice. But what about the other ones? He already "won" Italian and French market, he has many fans there, he had his experience....and he seems enjoying doing music more (He seems, because of course I can't be sure about his real feelings)

He said himself that he does tv shows for money.... it could be okay (speaking from waiting fans perspective) for one year...but two?

I could agree about that for the first season of Xf and the first season of the Voice. But what about the other ones? He already "won" Italian and French market, he has many fans there, he had his experience....and he seems enjoying doing music more (He seems, because of course I can't be sure about his real feelings)

He said himself that he does tv shows for money.... it could be okay (speaking from waiting fans perspective) for one year...but two?

Yeah I understand :blush-anim-cl: I would like to him do more gigs :thumb_yello: but maybe he enjoys the shows :fisch: I do understand where you are coming from though! :wub2:

By the way, I think all of you talk too much.

:lol3:

Of course, this would be a pretty dead place if we didn't. I mean, talking (writing) is the whole point of this forum.

Cause this is not a church, I have no religious blind faith and I don't want to hold hands and sing kumbaya.

I like when people have their own opinion and aren't afraid to tell it.

I think that his suits are as much boring as The Voice was, I like BBB, I hate Make You Happy so much that I never ever got through the all of it

:what:

I didn't know this about you, and I must say I'm shocked and appalled!

:no:

Yes you're right they probably wouldn't talk to them like that to his face, but as Guy says that's between him and them.

For the record, when Mika said, "I'm happy to be doing the Voice again" all I replied on Twitter was, "That makes one of us."

I didn't rant at him, or tell him he was stupid or say that I wished he would die, or that I would never go to another show of his again.

Just one sentence to express my disappointment. And I would say that to his face because I couldn't be a hypocrite and tell him I was happy when I wasn't. I wouldn't be rude or nasty about it, but I don't see anything wrong with telling him that I'm sad he's hiding himself in France away from his fans in the rest of the world. :dunno:

I complained to others about it, but if he was reading those tweets/messages, then shame on him because they weren't addressed to him. :naughty:

wrecking-ball.gif

As long as you don't put Mika's face on that, it's fine. :naughty:

Hm. never ending story part???? Will not say much, tired about that theme:doh: Everyone can agree or disagree with his choices, like or not like but please do not poison that lovely forum with negative atmosphere. Just my two cents:fisch:

Hm. never ending story part???? Will not say much, tired about that theme:doh: Everyone can agree or disagree with his choices, like or not like but please do not poison that lovely forum with negative atmosphere. Just my two cents:fisch:

comments like these are also hurtful as they basically mean STFU

i'm not sure why you feel the need to come here to tell us not to poison other threads.

we are here. discusssing. no where else.

well, you can be shocked and appalled with me also :naughty:

i don't mind his singing, but the 1291 times that "all i want to do is make you happy" is repeated is a tad too much for my taste. i skip it. everytime! :teehee:

For the record, when Mika said, "I'm happy to be doing the Voice again" all I replied on Twitter was, "That makes one of us."

I didn't rant at him, or tell him he was stupid or say that I wished he would die, or that I would never go to another show of his again.

I told him i'd like to say i was happy but that would be a lie. i didn't go on and on about it either. i wouldn't have been afraid to tell him in person either.

i don't mind his singing, but the 1291 times that "all i want to do is make you happy" is repeated is a tad too much for my taste. i skip it. everytime! :teehee:

:shocked:

Well, that's it, then. You're off my Christmas list! :shun:

Let's turn this thread into a "Make you happy" like/dislike thread so that Mika will be given a rest. I forgive you for liking it, by the way. I knew you do, and so does Roberta (I think?) But this is how foolish I am. Risking to raise the wrath of both an US and an italian mod... :teehee: And to lose future lasagne. I'm so reckless :biggrin2:

Let's turn this thread into a "Make you happy" like/dislike thread so that Mika will be given a rest. I forgive you for liking it, by the way. I knew you do, and so does Roberta (I think?) But this is how foolish I am. Risking to raise the wrath of both an US and an italian mod... :teehee: And to lose future lasagne. I'm so reckless :biggrin2:

I do not want you spoiling my happy experience of using this forum by poisoning this thread I chose to click on myself, with your negative thoughts about Mika's artistic masterpiece. It was his decision to have a robotic voice repeat the phrase MAKE YOU HAPPY so many times and we should respect his decision to put 600 different versions on the album. I'm getting sick and tired of people like you Elwendin. Expressing your own opinion like that in a nice way which I cannot handle hence why I'm calling you out on your negativity, which in fact is not necessarily negativity but just a different opinion than my own. So leave, you peasant!

Needless to say I am in Deb's Make You Happy Lover club:mf_rosetinted:

Just one sentence to express my disappointment. And I would say that to his face because I couldn't be a hypocrite and tell him I was happy when I wasn't. I wouldn't be rude or nasty about it, but I don't see anything wrong with telling him that I'm sad he's hiding himself in France away from his fans in the rest of the world. :dunno:

I told him i'd like to say i was happy but that would be a lie. i didn't go on and on about it either. i wouldn't have been afraid to tell him in person either.

Yes, of course you would tell him opinions like this him face to face! Why wouldn't you. But you know how people sometimes tweet him things they wouldn't probably say anyone in a real life situation. And generally artist FB pages are even worse than twitter (not talking only about Mika) :doh:

And I love the live version for Make You Happy. LOVE it :wub2: Sometimes I watch the short film version because I like the video so much.

Yeah I understand :blush-anim-cl: I would like to him do more gigs :thumb_yello: but maybe he enjoys the shows :fisch: I do understand where you are coming from though! :wub2:

If you mean that I'm Italian, yes I am, but be sure that most of Italian fans aren't that happy about Mika being a (television) star here.:mikacool:

I mean, we are luckier than other countries' fans (I mean countries where he's doing nothing), because at least he did one gig, and we can see him on tv, or doing tv-related activities. But I find quite sad seeing an artist that started as an international one, being focusing on just 2 countries (and doing mainly tv)

comments like these are also hurtful as they basically mean STFU

i'm not sure why you feel the need to come here to tell us not to poison other threads.

we are here. discusssing. no where else.

Guy, I don't wanna hurt someone, for me everyone is worthy:huglove::huglove::huglove: gor gods sake we are not holy just human and Mika also:wink2::wink2:

The CD version of Make you happy is not my taste cause of here called reasons but I like it if he sings it live like in Liege

And I wish it was February, as well and I think he will do some gigs after the voice reason. I think we are all hungry for it

I'll be honest ... I spend so much time avoiding this place nowadays as I don't really feel a part of it anymore ... I should probably delete it off of my quicklinks .. but I can't do that either ... because I have friends here and because he was a huge part of my life for years ... but as a UK fan I feel we don't matter to him at all - it's coming up for two years since I saw him ... I'm not interested in TV shows ... I was interested in what made Mika unique, he was different, he was exciting ... I wanted once to see him as much as I could ... live wise ... he was amazing ... I don't now ... I don't even class him as an artist or a musician at the moment ... he's not someone who grabs or keeps my attention ... I've not followed him on Twitter for a long while ... I'm just very very disappointed in the way his career has gone and I can't help that ... it's the way I feel ... I try and make out I don't care anymore ... and it is nearing that ... but I am still invested to a degree ... but he is losing fans with his decisions ... and he will lose me for good if things don't change ... I need something to look forward too ... something to aim for ... at the moment there is absolutely nothing :(

Yes, of course you would tell him opinions like this him face to face! Why wouldn't you. But you know how people sometimes tweet him things they wouldn't probably say anyone in a real life situation. And generally artist FB pages are even worse than twitter (not talking only about Mika) :doh:

Deb, Guy, I don't think you should feel addressed at all when someone is talking about tweets in the wrong tone :huglove:

Whether we fight or we don't, I guess we are all disappointed, or just sad, because he gave us the message that now, money has become an higher priority than fans' happiness that comes from him being a musician and making gigs .

No :wink2: At least for me it has different layers. But I won't go further as I feel we could end up in a pointless and repetitive discussion as everybody has made up his mind and we know that we differ in our views :wink2:

I do not want you spoiling my happy experience of using this forum by poisoning this thread I chose to click on myself, with your negative thoughts about Mika's artistic masterpiece. It was his decision to have a robotic voice repeat the phrase MAKE YOU HAPPY so many times and we should respect his decision to put 600 different versions on the album. I'm getting sick and tired of people like you Elwendin. Expressing your own opinion like that in a nice way which I cannot handle hence why I'm calling you out on your negativity, which in fact is not necessarily negativity but just a different opinion than my own. So leave, you peasant!

I see what you are doing here.

You are subtle and you use fancy words but don't you think you had me. You are impying that that Make you happy thingy is way better than Underwater or Origin of Love. I tell you what, if Swatch picked Underwater over Make you happy, there must be a reason. And last time I checked, the album was called The Origin of Love, not Make you Happy. So you are the one who's dragging negativity in here, as you basically are saying that Mika did a poor choice with the album name. So stop complaining about him, please, you are making me sad. He knows better than you.

Here, join my sarcasm secret society as a honorary member. We need people like you. :mf_rosetinted:

this makes me happy :aah: well, actually it's more like an ear worm. i can't stop hearing it in my head! :freak:

Omfg! I was looking for this one since days, as it's funny. But I'm not sure I should actually thank you, now I won't get rid of it for days. :facepalm:

this makes me happy :aah: well, actually it's more like an ear worm. i can't stop hearing it in my head! :freak:

[YOUTUBE]7PCkvCPvDXk[/YOUTUBE]

I'm glad that you finally found it, I've been talking about this song for a few months. I must have been ahead of the curve. IMO it's 2014's answer to Mika's "Big Girl." Love the message, love the retro sound. So catchy.

Wait until you hear her next single, Dear Future Husband.

[YOUTUBE]mp7qWfDANrU[/YOUTUBE]

OK, I'll get back on topic now. :naughty: