Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

Wait until you hear her next single, Dear Future Husband.

OK, I'll get back on topic now. :naughty:

Not sure I can get back to it. I love that song, especially this line:

"Even if I was wrong

You know I'm never wrong

Why disagree?

Why, why disagree?"

:yeah:

I really dislike 'Make you Happy'. I skip it all the time. That's the only Mika song I always skip, with the remixes. An orchestra version of MYH, why not.

+ 1 in my MYH haters team. :groovy:

Edited by Elwendin

I really dislike 'Make you Happy'. I skip it all the time. That's the only Mika song I always skip, with the remixes. An orchestra version of MYH, why not.

+ 1 in my MYH haters team. :groovy:

You all disappoint me. :no:

:lol3:

I do not want you spoiling my happy experience of using this forum by poisoning this thread I chose to click on myself, with your negative thoughts about Mika's artistic masterpiece. It was his decision to have a robotic voice repeat the phrase MAKE YOU HAPPY so many times and we should respect his decision to put 600 different versions on the album. I'm getting sick and tired of people like you Elwendin. Expressing your own opinion like that in a nice way which I cannot handle hence why I'm calling you out on your negativity, which in fact is not necessarily negativity but just a different opinion than my own. So leave, you peasant!

Needless to say I am in Deb's Make You Happy Lover club:mf_rosetinted:

I see what you are doing here.

You are subtle and you use fancy words but don't you think you had me. You are impying that that Make you happy thingy is way better than Underwater or Origin of Love. I tell you what, if Swatch picked Underwater over Make you happy, there must be a reason. And last time I checked, the album was called The Origin of Love, not Make you Happy. So you are the one who's dragging negativity in here, as you basically are saying that Mika did a poor choice with the album name. So stop complaining about him, please, you are making me sad. He knows better than you.

Here, join my sarcasm secret society as a honorary member. We need people like you. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

I really don't like Make You Happy :mf_rosetinted:

But I was also not liking Happy Ending until I watched the Paleo Festival version.

So now, dear MYH lovers, you know what you have to do :mf_rosetinted: find THE version that will make me love it :teehee:

And yes, some people have already tried the Greg-on-piano-version on me, it didn't really worked :fisch:

Deb, Guy, I don't think you should feel addressed at all when someone is talking about tweets in the wrong tone :huglove:

No :wink2: At least for me it has different layers. But I won't go further as I feel we could end up in a pointless and repetitive discussion as everybody has made up his mind and we know that we differ in our views :wink2:

Agreeing with you on both of your points.

(And Deb, forgot to answer before, but I perfectly understand your explanation about how you can deeply love someone but being sad about his decisions :huglove:)

Omg I love make you happy! It's not as repetitive as most songs these days! Love the lyrics and the bridge so much! The bit where it goes:

"Never gonna give you up

Never gonna sort you out

When's it gonna hit ya?

Never gonna let you down"

The lyrics are actually so good (especially in the Miami edit:)

"The heart's a lonely hunter

You can fight the cold and fight the hunger"

Love the Miami edit too the strings give me chills

The layering I think is really good on both versions!

Just a bit of love there for that song! But I do love it a lot! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however.

I think this I a good thread in which to announce that I'm not continuing to hang around waiting for Mika to do something in the UK.

It's the UK I'm more interested in, as I used to love him being on TV here and listening to his songs on the radio

I've been patient while he did his things in Italy and France, but the announcement that he was doing The Voice France again, was just one step too far.

I can't see him having time to come back to promote his album here. I can't even see him having time to do a tour of any kind.

It seems that Mika has chosen to just concentrate on parts of Europe, not the rest of the world, and not the UK, so I'm moving on.

Thank you all for your kindness and friendship over the years. I hope you all have great lives.

I'll always love Mika and remember the good times with Mika, and here on the fan site.

God bless you all.

I think this I a good thread in which to announce that I'm not continuing to hang around waiting for Mika to do something in the UK.

It's the UK I'm more interested in, as I used to love him being on TV here and listening to his songs on the radio

I've been patient while he did his things in Italy and France, but the announcement that he was doing The Voice France again, was just one step too far.

I can't see him having time to come back to promote his album here. I can't even see him having time to do a tour of any kind.

It seems that Mika has chosen to just concentrate on parts of Europe, not the rest of the world, and not the UK, so I'm moving on.

Thank you all for your kindness and friendship over the years. I hope you all have great lives.

I'll always love Mika and remember the good times with Mika, and here on the fan site.

God bless you all.

:doh: Oh Marilyn - I can't believe that you're really leaving MFC!!! :shocked: I do feel very sad about it - and I will miss all your wise comments, and not to mention, all your amazing and funny song lyrics soooo much - in fact I think this is total loss for MFC!! :blink: The only thing I can hope for is that you'll be back, as soon as MIKAs 4th album is out, and he starts touring - something I still want to believe that will happen in the near future!! :blush-anim-cl: I agree that it was a shock when he annonced a new round with the Voice, but I'm sure he will be back, maybe stronger than ever!! :fisch:

Thank you so much for everything, and good luck with your life further on - I will never forget you!! :huglove::wub2:

Love,love

me

God bless you all.

Oh no! :blink: really sad that you feel that way! :huglove:

Guys, I have seen a few people saying their done with Mika now etc. Please don't give up on him guys! He is an amazing singer/songwriter and I think we all agreed on that at one stage anyway or we wouldn't be here! I know it is disappointing but he could still tour I know judges who have done X Factor UK or the Voice UK and toured the same year! He could always do a tour in 2016, which is what I'm hoping ��

You are all such a good fan base and I haven't been a member of MFC for long but there are so many lovely people on here! What you have done for Mika is incredible and I'm sure he will repay you all. I mean the opera seat was such a amazing gift and he loved it- you can see in his reaction! Haha!

I think his music is enough! None of his songs ever got old for me and when I have a rubbish day I can listen to them and feel so much better! His album is coming and I'm sure you are all really excited as MFCers. I sure am even though I was originally anticipating November this year rather than early 2015 but never mind!

Basically, don't give up on him I'm sure he will return to his roots soon! ��

I absolutely adore Make You Happy:wub2:

I'm a hater of EMD/Emily, Popular and BBB :aah::teehee:

I don't like Boum Boum Boum :fisch: The lyrics are okay, the music is okay but it doesn't work for me. I want Mika to sing in English. He can sing Barbara whenever he feels like but I want him to sing songs in English. I'm waiting for another blast, another Grace Kelly :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry to hear Marilyn's leaving :huglove: but I understand her decision.

in fact, i'm very glad that a lot of mfcers seem to be interested even in the tv shows, because if they weren't, mfc would be pretty empty too - and an empty forum (like the german one) just doesn't motivate people to come back, and the whole community would break apart. that would make me really sad, because the mfc community is one of the reasons why i'm a mika fan.

Yes I see what you're saying. But when Mika doesn't communicate in English and spends all his time on TV shows I am not interested in then there is just a huge gaping hole in MFC (and everything to do with Mika) for me now. Taking the competitions as an example...I feel like I can't create competitions any more because I do not pay attention to what he's doing. I don't know all the latest photos and latest interviews, etc. I have completely avoided X Factor and this is a huge part of what he is doing and what his fans are interested in. Which is great for them and great for MFC. But for me personally it just leaves me feeling outside of it all.

i'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't do any new songs at the gigs in february. at least i can be sure that the show will be different, with the symphony orchestra. i surely wouldn't travel to canada to see the same show like for the last 2 years (or even more years, if you change a few songs :fisch:). i was pretty sad that i didn't see any of the shows of the last US tour, they were really special. so i hope these montreal gigs will be special too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. It will definitely be different than the same old thing but I feel like if Mika can't go on a proper tour for his fans then I am not going to indulge him in his vanity projects at my own expense. I probably would have gone had it just been a break from the usual tour. But since it seems to be more of a replacement than an addition...

this makes me happy :aah: well, actually it's more like an ear worm. i can't stop hearing it in my head! :freak:

[YOUTUBE]7PCkvCPvDXk[/YOUTUBE]

I adore this song.

So now, dear MYH lovers, you know what you have to do :mf_rosetinted: find THE version that will make me love it :teehee:

I don't think it's a question of this version or that version. This song just really speaks to me. I think Origin of Love is awkward and lame and even Mika says himself it is an idealized version of love that is not reality. MYH conveys a sort of pain and desperation and hope and it's really the first time I have heard Mika putting his heart on his sleeve instead of hiding behind characters or using passive aggression.

Maybe the realism in this song is why there seems to be a high correlation in this thread between the MYH lovers and the TV show haters. :teehee:

The lyrics are actually so good (especially in the Miami edit:)

"The heart's a lonely hunter

You can fight the cold and fight the hunger"

Love the Miami edit too the strings give me chills ��

The layering I think is really good on both versions!

Totally agree with you. This is one of the few songs that has held up for me 2 years later. I am sick of OOL and Popular and LYWID. I never want to hear them again. The recorded version of Underwater was never very good although it's great at gigs.

I'm sorry to hear that Marilyn but you need to do what is best for you. :huglove:

I have conveyed the same to others, no matter what they decide. People have to do what is best for themselves - to make up their own minds. Unfortunately some have twisted that to mean I think people are brainless for supporting Mika but that is not what I meant at all. :boxed: I just think it is wise to make your own decision about what is best for you and not base it on what you are told by Mika or other fans.

Totally agree with you. This is one of the few songs that has held up for me 2 years later. I am sick of OOL and Popular and LYWID. I never want to hear them again. The recorded version of Underwater was never very good although it's great at gigs.

Well, I love all those songs! :wub2: OOL and popular have great messages and love his co-writers voice! But your opinion is your own! :huglove:

Oh and Karin one thing I had wanted to mention about MFC and the acoustic gigs...I was the only person who posted in the RSVP thread for Toronto. So even when Mika is finally doing something relevant to English Canadians, they are gone. It's just not the same experience it used to be.

Yes I see what you're saying. But when Mika doesn't communicate in English and spends all his time on TV shows I am not interested in then there is just a huge gaping hole in MFC (and everything to do with Mika) for me now. Taking the competitions as an example...I feel like I can't create competitions any more because I do not pay attention to what he's doing. I don't know all the latest photos and latest interviews, etc. I have completely avoided X Factor and this is a huge part of what he is doing and what his fans are interested in. Which is great for them and great for MFC. But for me personally it just leaves me feeling outside of it all.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. It will definitely be different than the same old thing but I feel like if Mika can't go on a proper tour for his fans then I am not going to indulge him in his vanity projects at my own expense. I probably would have gone had it just been a break from the usual tour. But since it seems to be more of a replacement than an addition...

I adore this song.

I don't think it's a question of this version or that version. This song just really speaks to me. I think Origin of Love is awkward and lame and even Mika says himself it is an idealized version of love that is not reality. MYH conveys a sort of pain and desperation and hope and it's really the first time I have heard Mika putting his heart on his sleeve instead of hiding behind characters or using passive aggression.

Maybe the realism in this song is why there seems to be a high correlation in this thread between the MYH lovers and the TV show haters. :teehee:

I'm sorry to hear that Marilyn but you need to do what is best for you. :huglove:

I have conveyed the same to others, no matter what they decide. People have to do what is best for themselves - to make up their own minds. Unfortunately some have twisted that to mean I think people are brainless for supporting Mika but that is not what I meant at all. :boxed: I just think it is wise to make your own decision about what is best for you and not base it on what you are told by Mika or other fans.

I agree with what you say about MYH but guess I'm the exception to the rule :fisch:

God bless you all.

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

(Like mamiam, I will keep hoping seeing you again for album number 4)

Oh no! :blink: really sad that you feel that way! :huglove:

That's very much how I feel, Marilyn, if you're reading this

Guys, I have seen a few people saying their done with Mika now etc. Please don't give up on him guys! He is an amazing singer/songwriter and I think we all agreed on that at one stage anyway or we wouldn't be here! I know it is disappointing but he could still tour I know judges who have done X Factor UK or the Voice UK and toured the same year! He could always do a tour in 2016, which is what I'm hoping ��

You are all such a good fan base and I haven't been a member of MFC for long but there are so many lovely people on here! What you have done for Mika is incredible and I'm sure he will repay you all. I mean the opera seat was such a amazing gift and he loved it- you can see in his reaction! Haha!

Basically, don't give up on him I'm sure he will return to his roots soon! ��

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

(Like mamiam, I will keep hoping seeing you again for album number 4)

Trouble is, for me, I don't expect great songs from him any more. I like a lot of TOOL, but his stuff since is nothing special - though I liked Live your life well enough, I only played it once or twice. I'm afraid I'll be embarrassed by No4. He seems to be going for lazy writing to rest on his tv fame. Hopefully he's saving the best for the album

Otherwise, I'm not fussed about the Voice - a bit of proper work could give his writing more bite, or just waste time - EXCEPT that it's breaking up the mfc community, which is so special

God bless you all.

I'm sorry to hear this Marilyn :huglove: I understand your reasons, just wanted to say that I will miss your posts!

I think Origin of Love is awkward and lame

:what: wtf!

:throw: Let me throw my laptop away so that I don't have to read this :banghead:

:biggrin2:

This song will be forever related to the great feeling of joy I experienced while driving to Bergamo for the signing session, that was me taking the dive into this world, knowing MFCers, facing some issues and so on. So I guess that my judgement will always be blurred about this topic. Anyway, I forgive you as well as a MYH lover and OOL hater. Just don't push it and let Lola alone, please. He already handled it. :aah:

and even Mika says himself it is an idealized version of love that is not reality.

Totally agree.

:sad:

I'm really sorry to hear this, Marilyn. Although I completely understand. Believe me, one week ago, when the truth about Mika's participation in the Voice came out (you can't really call it an announcement, because it wasn't, was it?), I was ready to throw in the towel. Really had me examining how much time and effort I put into MFC and supporting Mika. I feel a little bit more optimistic now, but I am far from happy with the way things are. Since I'm online all day every day anyway, I've decided that sticking around here will still work for me... but I can understand why it might not for you. We'll miss you. :hug:

Otherwise, I'm not fussed about the Voice - a bit of proper work could give his writing more bite, or just waste time - EXCEPT that it's breaking up the mfc community, which is so special

Yes, THAT is breaking my heart and one of the main reasons I can't bear to walk away from MFC. I don't want to lose touch with the PEOPLE here, not just Mika. :tears: It's a very hard thing. Also, as Karin said elsewhere about how difficult it was for her to keep the German MFC going... I don't want that to happen here. We have always been such a vital part of Mika's support system, I really hope we stay that way. I think that's one of the reasons it's important that we keep "talking too much" here. Even if we have differences, it's how this community operates, it's how we bond and stick together.

God bless you all.

Marilyn, reading your words makes me feel very sorry but I can understand your disappointment. We'll miss you, but maybe what you need now is to take a break. I hope that in a short time we'll all have valid reasons to stay around (even if I'm not that optimistic...) :huglove:

God bless you all.

I'm really sorry you're leaving Marilyn, you will be missed :huglove:

I can understand you, but I hope you'll be back, as soon as the new album is released.

I wish you all the best.

We have so different opinions and feelings about Mika's career choices...but at the end of the year, with the new album, we will finally know. :shocked:

New music, new sound, new gigs. :thumb_yello:

And for us, the possibility to understand how Mika wants (and can) relate himself with music world after this period of different experiences...and the possibility to understand how we want relate ourselves with him.

I understand the disappointment of those who expected so much more from Mika...but now...for me it is worth waiting a few more months. If the new album will be good and the tour that will follow will be special, many things will come back into place. Otherwise...well, that will be the right time for someone to wish "good luck". :wink2:

Edited by Marta.