Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

Yes, as I've said before, if we didn't care about him, we wouldn't be here, and we certainly wouldn't bother taking the time to analyze every move he makes. If we were truly indifferent, nothing he did would upset us or affect us at all. :dunno:

(And I'm going to keep posting on this thread until we can get past that hideous Miley Mika that's on this page! :teehee: )

:thumb_yello: That's good - I always read your posts, with big interest! :blush-anim-cl:

So many MFCers have already told you they're so sorry for you, having missed the chance to travel, because of the weather! :doh: Of course I'm one of those too, but now I feel it must be the best rewards of all, to hear it from MIKA himself, that his big, beautiful brown eyes were looking for you - among lots of other people, already supporting him! You just can be SO proud - I'm really happy for you ...:huglove:

Love,love

me

Yes, as I've said before, if we didn't care about him, we wouldn't be here, and we certainly wouldn't bother taking the time to analyze every move he makes. If we were truly indifferent, nothing he did would upset us or affect us at all. :dunno:

(And I'm going to keep posting on this thread until we can get past that hideous Miley Mika that's on this page! :teehee: )

want me to quote it just so we are sure that's the one you are referring to? :naughty:

Of course I'm one of those too, but now I feel it must be the best rewards of all, to hear it from MIKA himself, that his big, beautiful brown eyes were looking for you - among lots of other people, already supporting him! You just can be SO proud - I'm really happy for you ...:huglove:

I would have expected no less from him. He loves our Deb. :wub2:

I would have expected no less from him. He loves our Deb. :wub2:

i have a feeling if i wouldn't have offered the information, he was going to ask me... he somehow kinda knew she was suppose to be with me :teehee:

Now that's true love! :swoon:

want me to quote it just so we are sure that's the one you are referring to? :naughty:

It's so carved in my mind that I won't ever get over it. Every time I stumble on that wrecking ball song, that pic burns my brain again and again.

• 2 months later...

still true....

and we can repost Miley Mika if you'd like. :teehee:

I will just quote it myself then as I am hurt that my beautiful artwork is being mocked this way.

Oh boy! :doh: This belongs to Wonkaland, not here....the problem with balls is that they bounce :teehee:

I know why this thread is being bumped and I won't get into those discussions other to say that I love Mika and when I love, I love unconditionally. :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I will just quote it myself then as I am hurt that my beautiful artwork is being mocked this way.

Every time I run into that Miley pic, I startle and expect to see him on that freaking ball. Then I realize that I'm in the real world and creepy naked Mika on a wrecking ball isn't going to pop up on every magazine I stumble on. :death1:

I know why this thread is being bumped and I won't get into those discussions other to say that I love Mika and when I love, I love unconditionally. :wub2:

You know, Anne, I have been trying to ignore this little dig for a few days now because I don't want to start an argument with you, but every time I see it, it upsets me, so I do have to say something.

You do realize that loving someone unconditionally means loving them EVEN IF you disagree with them, EVEN IF they disappoint you sometimes, right? When you say that you love Mika unconditionally here, the implication is that anyone who disagrees with or disapproves of something he does doesn't love him, too. It implies that you love him *better* than I do. That's wrong, and I resent it.

The disappointment I feel at Mika's signing on to the Voice again DOES NOT equate to, "I don't love him any more." It simply means, "I wish he was not going to do the Voice again." Why can't I say that and not be told that I'm a bad fan, or that I love him less than you do? It's hurtful and moreover it's inaccurate. :sad:

I'm sorry if it upsets some fans when others don't approve of Mika's every breath, but that really does not mean that they don't care about what happens to him or have no right to express a dissenting opinion. It's not being negative, it's being honest. I wish that we could get over this. Saying that you adore every single thing Mika does or says does not make one a better fan than someone who expresses an opposing view now and then.

Sorry if it seems I'm singling you out, Anne -- you're not the only one who makes off-hand remarks like this. You all obviously don't realize it, but they are, as I said before, hurtful, and they do nothing to make the atmosphere for open conversation on these forums any better.

You know, Anne, I have been trying to ignore this little dig for a few days now because I don't want to start an argument with you, but every time I see it, it upsets me, so I do have to say something.

You do realize that loving someone unconditionally means loving them EVEN IF you disagree with them, EVEN IF they disappoint you sometimes, right? When you say that you love Mika unconditionally here, the implication is that anyone who disagrees with or disapproves of something he does doesn't love him, too. It implies that you love him *better* than I do. That's wrong, and I resent it.

The disappointment I feel at Mika's signing on to the Voice again DOES NOT equate to, "I don't love him any more." It simply means, "I wish he was not going to do the Voice again." Why can't I say that and not be told that I'm a bad fan, or that I love him less than you do? It's hurtful and moreover it's inaccurate. :sad:

I'm sorry if it upsets some fans when others don't approve of Mika's every breath, but that really does not mean that they don't care about what happens to him or have no right to express a dissenting opinion. It's not being negative, it's being honest. I wish that we could get over this. Saying that you adore every single thing Mika does or says does not make one a better fan than someone who expresses an opposing view now and then.

Sorry if it seems I'm singling you out, Anne -- you're not the only one who makes off-hand remarks like this. You all obviously don't realize it, but they are, as I said before, hurtful, and they do nothing to make the atmosphere for open conversation on these forums any better.

Thank you Deb, I couldn't have put it better myself,:thumb_yello:

i'm sure Mika is well aware that a lot fans all over the world don't like him doing these shows, and he doesn't think them are any less a fan, than those who turn up at every gig/tv show at the drop of a hat, so why is it a problem for fans to accept their opinion?

I don't understand why it bothers some so much that others do not like what Mika is doing. I don't know how many times I've heard recently that people have too many real life problems to see a problem with Mika being on a TV show. If that is the case then why are people's opinions about him being on a TV show such a huge problem? Concern enough that you threaten not to come to MFC, concern enough that you call every opinion "drama" and an "argument" even though it is nothing of the sort. If you honestly don't care what he is doing then you should care even less what other people think about it.

The sad thing is there is virtually no "drama" left. People are just quietly leaving and they will continue to do so because Mika keeps building up people's hopes and tearing them down and everyone has their limits. It is no point of pride as far as I'm concerned to love someone no matter what they do or how they treat you, unless you are their mother.

I think Deb that we can safely assume that if there is anyone here who has invested a lot of love, time and dedication in Mika and his career and fans than it is you. And I daresay that none of the people who shout that they love him so much that they think everything is amazing, don't love him half as much as you have in the past 8 years. Many people underestimate the work you do and just because you don't hail his every breath, doesn't mean you no longer care about him. So don't let anyone make you feel undervalued. You are very much appreciated both by the fans and by Mika and Team and you know that.

:huglove: This is exactly how i feel.

And I think Mika should know how I feel, that's why i told him. I know it won't change his decision, but I'm not going to lie to him about it. I'm not going to pretend anything. I think he appreciates honesty more than being told how perfect he is 600 times :pinkbow: And since he knows who I am, my words reflect on me. No one else.

But what i say to Mika has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OTHER FAN. It's between Mika and I. This business of judging anyone who isn't pretending that all he does is perfect and shouldn't be questioned is sickening and dare I say... unhealthy. If what i say bothers you, then stop reading what others say to him. You are not his guardian and his bodyguard... just mind your own business!!

Do I still like Mika? Of course i do, otherwise i wouldn't bother commenting on anything.

Just 2 short things:

First :huglove: :huglove:

And second: I'm asking myself if Anne and you actually said something very similar...

We are living difficult times again? I always find it difficult to discuss about this kind of issues because so many emotions involved. We all miss him, we all love him. Many of us feel disappointed because we let us hope he is coming back and it didn't happen. Some fans feel very strongly about talent shows. Some might even feel a bit hurt (well, instead of choosing touring and singing to us he is choosing something else).

Everyone should let make their own decisions, imo. I trust his judgement and I can understand why he is doing what he is doing. I could even easily imagine doing the same in a similar situation. I still felt disappointed the moment he confirmed the Voice and I'm still a bit sad if I let myself to think about it. I also know I will continue waiting and that I will be just fine. I feel lucky that I saw him last week because I could see he looked really well and it helps me to accept the news.

For me (I say that because I know people understand words differently) telling our opinions, agreeing or disagreeing with his decisions and talking about how we feel about them (liking them/not liking them) is discussing. Saying things with double meanings, finding double meanings from someone else's words, accusing people bad fans, feeling a bad fan and other discussion side elements are material for drama. This time I'm trying to stay out of the latter one, simply because I'm not good at it and I've noticed I'm much happier this way.

I still wanted to say that Deb, thinking you as a bad fan is totally absurd!!! No one could ever seriously suggest something like that :huglove: Hope that everyone feels better soon. There's not much we can do. I'm dreaming about Montreal and trying to find my happiness from things like his new column. I really like it that he writing them again :wub2:

Just 2 short things:

First :huglove: :huglove:

And second: I'm asking myself if Anne and you actually said something very similar...

I'm absolutely sorry if I said anything wrong or that was said in a way that was clumsy, I know everyone here loves Mika or else they wouldn't be here obviously, I only meant that I didn't feel like discussing Mika's choice of career at the moment. That's all. If I hurt anyone's feeling, please forgive me. It would have been better that I didn't post here, as I didn't have anything to say on the subject. I respect all of you and all opinions. :sorry: And I will stay away from this thread for now.

Thank you DerMoment :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I don´t judge anyone, all I said was that I have enough bad things in real life that I don´t want to read bad things when I come on MFC to have fun. I never said that I´m too busy with problems in real life to see a problem in him doing the TV Show because that´s not true - I don´t have a problem with it, he will film a few days for the castings and then months later 6 or seven weeks for the live Shows. I only don´t want to read about it and that´s why I avoid most of these discussions. ( I´m only here now because I heard that my posts got missinterpreted).

And now I won´t come back to this thread again

(Do I dare enter into this discussion or not? :naughty:)

It's pretty clear for me that we all here care deeply for Mika and love him, or we wouldn't be on MFC, and the mods especially wouldn't be mods :wink2:

Then I just think that we have different ways of loving, and that these different ways have no impact on the intensity of the love we have for him (even if we regularly see the distinction on Twitter between "good / bad fans", that I really don't like).

Of course, sometimes I don't understand other fans' reaction, as they sometimes don't understand mine.

For me for example it would be very strange to criticize Mika in front of everybody on Twitter, just because I believe that it's better to tell someone that what he is doing is not good in private, and not in public. I think that when we put someone "down" (it's maybe too harsh to say it like that, sorry) in front of everybody, it can't be good: 1st it can bring other people to think bad about that person, and when I love someone I don't want others see his weakness, I want that everybody find him great :wink2: 2nd, I think that he would maybe feel more hurted if the critic is in front of everybody. Because, yes of course, negativ critics hurt.

But of course it's only my opinion, and the reason why I don't tweet things with bad opinion to Mika on Twitter (coz, yes, it happens that I don't really like what he does :wink2:). When I don't like something he says or he is talking about, then I simply don't answer. Or put the point in my answer to someting else (not sure I'm clear).

I'm telling you that simply so that you know how I deal with it, not for judging anyone. We all react differently and have different ways of thinking about such subjects :wink2:

AND, we actually can't say Mika in private what we think about what he is doing, so I can understand that people think that in that case it's better to tell him publicly, than not telling him at all :naughty:

I actually reacted on Twitter about the The Voice fans' reaction, but it was to say that we can still be respectfull and not being agressiv to him when we criticize him. Because some tweets that I saw on my TL (not from people who took part into this discussion here) sounded really agressiv and, yes, I felt bad for him.

I actually felt bad for him that whole day when I saw that he received so many critics. You will say that he deserves them, and that's it's his own fault :naughty: but, you know, that's my way of loving: I feel bad when the person I love is criticized so much from almost everywhere :blush-anim-cl:

That doesn't give me the right to tell people to stop of course (except saying when I think it's too agressiv, as I explained), but yes, this was a hard day for me, was kinda suffering from these tweets (maybe more than him, I'm sure about it :aah:) :wink2:

I never said that I´m too busy with problems in real life to see a problem in him doing the TV Show because that´s not true - I don´t have a problem with it,

I never implied you had a problem with him on the show so I don't think I've misinterpreted at all. And I'm not only referring to you. I have heard half a dozen people say the same thing.

For me for example it would be very strange to criticize Mika in front of everybody on Twitter, just because I believe that it's better to tell someone that what he is doing is not good in private, and not in public.

But this isn't Twitter. If people want to moan about people moaning on Twitter I understand. Some of the whining at him I see also annoys me even though I feel the same way about what he is doing. But this is not Twitter and whatever is going on there shouldn't be projected onto the discussions on MFC. I don't see any drama on MFC. I don't see any harsh criticisms. No one is even talking to Mika here.

I actually felt bad for him that whole day when I saw that he received so many critics. You will say that he deserves them, and that's it's his own fault :naughty:

Yes in a way I do think he deserves it even though I would feel uncomfortable being aggressively critical directly to him myself. Because on the topic of respect I don't think he has respected his fans. I think when you mislead people and break their faith and trust you are not going to receive respect back.

Many were going to be upset when the first X Factor was announced, there was no avoiding that. But in the following months (now years!) a lot of these hard feelings could have been mitigated by Mika just being upfront about what he was doing.

When TOOL wasn't as successful as anticipated all he had to do was say that he was taking a couple of years to make the next album and in the interim he would be working on some projects that weren't related to his music but he would still be highly visible in Europe so please stay tuned. Then the people who weren't interested in all this other nonsense could just move on and come back if/when there was new music and a tour.

Even though I didn't particularly like it I always respected Mika's avoidance of being clear about the sexuality question. When the bisexual statement came out and confused things I understood why he didn't want to clarify. It was personal and it was a difficult subject and ultimately it was no one's business but his.

But I don't respect all this BS when it comes to his professional life and encouraging fans to support him. He keeps stringing them along and allowing them to believe things that are not true. Over and over I am seeing people who have supported him unfailingly for 6 or 7 years coming to the end of their tolerance for basically being mislead. It's not about a TV show anymore.