MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary): 18 May 2014

dcdeb

Only a quick memo for the ones who are travelling over Napoli: once you arrived in piazza Garibaldi with the bus from Capodichino airport, go to Garibaldi metro line 1, you'll find it outside the station, on the left side of the square. Be careful, go straight to the metro, the square is under construction but it's easy to find the way. Otherwise, just follow the crowd. Two stops and you'll arrive in Toledo, the famous station...you'll understand why. Then, straight on to Piazza Plebiscito. Have a good trip :)

p.s. Just feel free to bring your cameras ect. with you, nobody will try to steal them. Anyway, I'll protect you xD

Sorry for my bad english, I'm travelling right now!

Thank you for the advices. See you there, I hope... :wink2:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your meet-ups, have a lot of fun then come back and share!

I'll be waiting for you here :blush-anim-cl:

It's good to see so many new fans having the same enthousiasm we used to have years ago, making new friends etc....feels like a new generation of Mika fans is born!

I'll miss all that a lot :wub2:

Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/...3/?ref=HRERO-1

173909731-f014e07e-297b-49fb-aba1-acf6ec18234c.jpg

(translation)

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square, is a special concert. Mika knows it very well.

" Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May.

"It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour. But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works, pop, fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how. But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album.

"This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Hoping the bouncing isn't too painful, as he still has those broken toes...

Oh yes I forgot those toes :mf_rosetinted:

Hope he will be careful on stage and there won't be any third toe thing mentioned in the reports:naughty:

Enjoy your meet-ups, have a lot of fun then come back and share!

I'll be waiting for you here :blush-anim-cl:

It's good to see so many new fans having the same enthousiasm we used to have years ago, making new friends etc....feels like a new generation of Mika fans is born!

I'll miss all that a lot :wub2:

I still use to have it after six and a half years and it´s the same enthousiasm than in the beginning :wink2:

Everyone who will be there have a great time and a wonderful gig. I will be there with my thoughts :thumb_yello:

I am supposed to be in Naples now.

However I MISSED a plane to Naples.

How could this happen?

Why is it happening to me??

I'm soooo disheartened here in Korea..... OTL

But I do hope you all enjoy the concert!

Guest Sofia Sofia

First of all, thanks for all photos and news!

For me is the first Mika gig! I still can't believe it! He never came to the South Italy in any of his tour, right now that he doesn't make a tour, i get to see him live! it's too weird for me :)

however, I'm too curious to know what effect it will make me :rolls_eyes: i can't wait!!

sorry for my english!

As someone who will be attempting to watch the stream, who has a bit of dyscalcia, may I ask that someone who is aware of time zone differences, including the daylight savings time differentials for various places, post a list of show times here for the members NOT in Naples' time zone? I'm guessing at 12:30A Pacific Time, but I'd hate to try tuning in and find I missed it!

Many thanks to whomever steps up to the challenge! :wub2:

Edited by Kezza

10264121_1418026255138630_1089594402485220560_o.jpg

Thx for the web ;-)

and yeah..."Naples,six hours behind":mf_rosetinted:

just pictured how the gig will be like and I drew this doodle :naughty:

I gonna set my alarm for 3am and go to bed much earlier tomorrow,hope my alarm can wake me up...

Keeping my fingers crossed the live streaming will work perfectly all over the world...

Thx for the web ;-)

I gonna set my alarm for 3am and go to bed much earlier tomorrow,hope my alarm can wake me up...

Keeping my fingers crossed the live streaming will work perfectly all over the world...

I LLLOVE it! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Thx for the web ;-)

Oh wow, you're very talented!