MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary): 18 May 2014

dcdeb

3 more days to go and here's what I found today when I walked by the venue. It made me smile for excitement :teehee:

Also, they provided a big screen at the nearby Trieste e Trento square.

Thanks for the news, you are a good reporter :wink2:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling you, you guys who are coming in Naples on Saturday!

I've been asked to inform you that we are all gathering for a pizza on saturday evening.

Please let me know who will go for it. Deadline: tomorrow, 4 p.m

How could I say no to pizza napoletana :drool:

Hi everybody who is going to Naples.

I just want to wish you all a wonderful time this weekend.

Hope to see lots of videos.

I hope he sings the new single at the concert!

have fun guyssss!!!!

Enjoy yourselves as much as possible, you lucky people who'll be there! :woot_jump:

We wait for your photos, reports, videos, etc...

Marilyn, I've been thinking about the new songs too... :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you girls! I'll try to post as many updates as I can with my phone (through Twitter) and of course when we're back you'll have the full reports :wink2:

For the best videos I think you can count on the website streaming (hopefully someone will record it for all of them who can't watch it). Also, maybe Nina decided to bring her camera, eventually?

Thank you Eugenio for the pics.

Does it show I'm veeeery excited? :boing:

Thank you girls! I'll try to post as many updates as I can with my phone (through Twitter) and of course when we're back you'll have the full reports :wink2:

For the best videos I think you can count on the website streaming (hopefully someone will record it for all of them who can't watch it). Also, maybe Nina decided to bring her camera, eventually?

:huglove: Of course you're EXCITED - and you have a good reason to be!!

This time you don't need to sit still, and just watch MIKA - you can breath freely outdoors, sing and dance with/for your idol - and I hope it will be a wonderful day, for both you and all the other MFCers going - be golden, and enjoy!!! :fisch: Look forward to hear ALL about this special gig in Napoli ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Oh Roberta :wub2: I never ever would have guessed that! I'm proud & happy for him too, I'm sure he knows that it will be a precious experience.

So sad you will not join us, but I know why and I do understand you. I would have loved to welcome you in my city...hopefully we will meet again soon :huglove:

Yeah finally, first & last one here i guess :naughty: So you're going to come, right? :teehee:

Btw, I LOVE my girls so so much :swoon::aah:

wow! thanks! :blush-anim-cl:

I'm very sorry I'll miss this amazing taste of Naples. I wouldn't be scared at all and I would have liked a good visit to the city wonders.

I'll book you for next time ok? Will you be my guide? :blush-anim-cl:

I'm excited and I won't even be there.

Looking forward to seeing the footage and pictures.

I'm excited and I won't even be there.

Looking forward to seeing the footage and pictures.

It reminds me of Avenches last year: I was soooo excited (because of the birthday), and I was not there :teehee:

Here the translation.

Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square , is a special concert . Mika knows it very well: " Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May. "It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour . But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works , pop , fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how.

But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album . " This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

Edited by Marta.

Here the translation.

Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square , is a special concert . Mika knows it very well: " Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May. "It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour . But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works , pop , fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how.

But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album . " This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

Thanks you Krys and Marta :flowers2:

Waoh, I was hoping for a new song :excite::wub2:

Thank you, Marta! :flowers2: Love this article and what he says about song writing and making music :wub2:

I totally agree - this is great! :thumb_yello: Thanks a lot Chris and Marta !! :huglove:

Love,love

me

Ernesto Assante who wrote the article is one of the most famous musical criticians/musical journalists in Italy. I'm very pleased he spoke so well about Mika, he's not as merciful to everyone.

I still have to pack my bag, goodbye :aah:

Edited by Log lady

Thanks a lot for article and translation :huglove:

I like this article very much. And I love sparks :wub2:

Ernesto Assante who wrote the article is one of the most famous musical criticians/musical journalists in Italy. I'm very pleased he spoke so well about Mika, he's not as merciful to everyone.

Well I like it even more then!

Careful with the bag, I'm already in it :mf_rosetinted:

That's good to know :thumb_yello:

Good luck with your packing :naughty:

Nice article,super thanks for the translation :)

Even I who can't go there (and maybe even the live stream bc my time zone) am excited like hell for the gig and,of course, the new alb.hope everyone who is going have a extremely wonderful weekend having energetic Mika bounce here and there on stage(I can imagine) with true music,especially in such a beautiful city .looking forward to all the pics and reports ;)

Nice article,super thanks for the translation :)

Even I who can't go there (and maybe even the live stream bc my time zone) am excited like hell for the gig and,of course, the new alb.hope everyone who is going have a extremely wonderful weekend having energetic Mika bounce here and there on stage(I can imagine) with true music,especially in such a beautiful city .looking forward to all the pics and reports ;)

Hoping the bouncing isn't too painful, as he still has those broken toes...

Only a quick memo for the ones who are travelling over Napoli: once you arrived in piazza Garibaldi with the bus from Capodichino airport, go to Garibaldi metro line 1, you'll find it outside the station, on the left side of the square. Be careful, go straight to the metro, the square is under construction but it's easy to find the way. Otherwise, just follow the crowd. Two stops and you'll arrive in Toledo, the famous station...you'll understand why. Then, straight on to Piazza Plebiscito. Have a good trip :)

p.s. Just feel free to bring your cameras ect. with you, nobody will try to steal them. Anyway, I'll protect you xD

Sorry for my bad english, I'm travelling right now!