NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

I kinda like the song; not exactly what I was hoping for but what I was expecting. It sounds ...happy and this can’t be bad. I love his full voice :wub2:

I’m fine with the lyrics (thanks for posting and translating!) though I don’t speak french hence I can’t sing it :sneaky2: (...and I mean “sing” in all the accepted meanings of the word :blush-anim-cl: )

I suspect many people around me will be thankful for this :teehee:

The only slightly “weird” thing, for me, is the kid’s choir singing “boum boum boum”; it fits the sound well but when I think about the meaning... :dunno:

I guess it's just me

About the rhythm I can’t help thinking he’s been inspired by Kendji... :mf_rosetinted:

The only slightly “weird” thing, for me, is the kid’s choir singing “boum boum boum”; it fits the sound well but when I think about the meaning... :dunno:

I guess it's just me

:mf_rosetinted:

Think of the kids' choir from Lollipop :wink2:

Think of the kids' choir from Lollipop :wink2:

....yes but lollipop has a (supposedly :mf_rosetinted: ) "educational" purpose and was (supposedly :mf_rosetinted: ) referred to a kid; in this song the context is quite different :blink:

I guess it's just me

Well, that's odd, I only hear the woman's voice :shocked:, the same one as in the beginning. I wonder who it is. I was even thinking about Jenifer first, but it can't be her.

I would like not to speak french as I don't like the lyrics so much. The melody is really nice though and Mika's voice better than in EMD. It could be a hit in France like EMD, but it is clearly for an older public.

Has anyone written a full English translation so far?

I think we defo need one now! :naughty:

I think the posted translation is quite accurate... Do you think the lyrics are strange? lol

Sad that I, even though I don't speak a word French, can still sort of hear that the lyrics are forced and quite poor :aah: Just too many random oum-words y'know :aah:

....yes but lollipop has a (supposedly :mf_rosetinted: ) "educational" purpose and was (supposedly :mf_rosetinted: ) referred to a kid; in this song the context is quite different :blink:

I've listened for several times,and I can only hear some women's voices,and a man's voice at some point,maybe it's Doriand,but definitely not kids :dunno:

I know Mika as someone that has varied vocabulary... It's not about the fact that it's explicit, it's the way the song is portrayed... Camille has said it well: the way that it's said is very beginner like and Mika, to me, is one of the most prolific songwriters I know...

Mika is one of the most prolific songwriters, ok.

But when he wants to keep it simple, he does. Lollipop isn't a poem, is it?

Sometimes the simplier, the better.

I think the lyrics are ironic, he's fooling around on the topic and on himself, and the simply lyrics totally fit to the purpose.

But I also believe it's quite a statement, as someone already told.

Sorry for explaining my thoughts in a too simply way as well, I am both tired and high, I'm not pleased with my english right now.

Well, that's odd, I only hear the woman's voice :shocked:, the same one as in the beginning. I wonder who it is. I was even thinking about Jenifer first, but it can't be her.

I would like not to speak french as I don't like the lyrics so much. The melody is really nice though and Mika's voice better than in EMD. It could be a hit in France like EMD, but it is clearly for an older public.

I agree, it's just the woman multi-tracked (whoever she is)

I get the feeling a female voice has been used to make the song more commercial (i.e. it could be a man singing about a woman) :dunno:

I agree, it's just the woman multi-tracked (whoever she is)

I get the feeling a female voice has been used to make the song more commercial (i.e. it could be a man singing about a woman) :dunno:

It sounded like a kid to me, but I guess it's just a woman slightly out of key? Don't really like the voice...

I thought of Jenifer as well when I heard the little snippet a few days ago.

I've listened for several times,and I can only hear some women's voices,and a man's voice at some point,maybe it's Doriand,but definitely not kids :dunno:

I dont hear voices kids either

I dont know why some people is upset, shocked with the lyrics, Didn't they read other lyrics of his songs? he often talks about sex on them, so this is not the first time

I dont hear voices kids either

I dont know why some people is upset, shocked with the lyrics, Didn't they read other lyrics of his songs? he often talks about sex on them, so this is not the first time

I love the lyrics :blush-anim-cl:

Ok. I'm doing this. Breathe out breathe in.

You all know how much I hate my native language but but but

I wish I could listen to this song in italian!

I just want to know what he would say.

And of course, I wouldn't play it in my car while driving my mama around :mf_rosetinted:

I can't wait to see him to sing this new song. LOL

Oh man, do usually singles get a vid?

Edited by Elwendin

need help please anyone know where i can download this other than itunes in am mp3 format?

if you are asking where you can get it for free, then no.

Perhaps it will be available for purchase on Mikasounds website, we don't know yet.

I'm taking this opportunity to remind everyone that this song is copyrighted and no shortcut or ways to get it for free is to be posted on MFC.

Artists such as Mika, need our support and buying a song we like is a way to encourage them.

As a reminder, please read MFC guidelines