NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

here's a resume

- some adore it (cuz you know... it's Mika)

- some love it

- some like it

- some think it's comme-ci comme-ca

- some don't care

- some don't like it

- some hate it

- some are shocked by the lyrics

- some think they are funny

- some adore the lyrics (cuz you know... it's Mika)

- some don't care cuz they have no clue what he's saying

you can thank me for saving you reading 30 pages :naughty:

Thank you Guylaine :mf_rosetinted: it helps me so much :teehee:

Here's the translation to Portuguese

Boum,boum,boum

Até os americanos entendem

Boum,boum,boum

Não importa o lugar, o contexto

Nós tempos sempre um bom pretexto

Para deixar cair nossas roupas

Quando você e eu fazemos boum,boum,boum

Quando você não está aqui

Eu faço qualquer coisa

Eu tomo litros de tequila

Eu canto as canções de Oum Kalthoum

Eu só penso em nossos boum,boum,boum

E todos os burgueses do 16º (distrito de Paris)

Se perguntam por que eu te amo

Para ver isso não precisa de zoom

Boum,boum,boum....

Ontem nós estávamos na casa da sua mãe e ela quase desmaiou

Ao entrar no closet quando você e eu fazíamos boum,boum,boum

Dentro dos elevadores dos hotéis

Sabemos subir ao sétimo céu

Mandamos passear os camareiros

E todos os burgueses do 16º

Boum,boum,boum...

Quando nós recebemos os convidados

Nós não sabemos mesmo resistir

Entre o chá e os lookoums(docinho turco)

Há tempo para fazer boum,boum,boum

É verdade que as paredes tem ouvidos,

Que todos os vizinhos acordam

Mas é assim que nós fazemos amor

Se amar assim não é vulgar

A gente sempre tem algo para fazer, as preteleiras estremecem

Boum, boum,boum...

Um mais um dá sempre dois dois mais dois dá o que a gente quer

É como os golpes de Brahim Asloum(boxeador)

Você e eu fazemos boum,boum,boum

Não vale a pena fugir

É só isso que me faz viajar

Não os coqueiros de Touloum

Quando eu e você fazemos boum,boum,boum

Se amar assim não é vulgar

A gente tem sempre alguma coisa para fazer, as prateleiras estremecem

Quando você e eu fazemos boum,boum,boum...

here's a resume

- some love it

- some like it

- some don't care

- some don't like it

- some hate it

You have such a way with words, Guy! :wink2:

My struggle with Popular Song is that I prefer the lyrics of the album version and the vocals of the single version. C'est la vie.

Indeed.

I dunno. Ariana's a little too Nickelodeon for me (mom of 3, grandma of one) sometimes. Love the video though! :naughty:

I really love the emotional part. It totally sounds the "old Mika", imo, and it's enough for me to wait more music, I finally feel we have him back. Like you said, French fits perfectly to this song. I was happy to read that three French songs will not be bonus songs but a part of the album even in US. Not because I particularly want French songs but because I'm glad he has courage to do what he feels right and what he wants. Not sure either if BBB was originally written as an anthem, still appreciate it that he talks about the issue :thumb_yello:

I'm hope he puts some French songs on the US version of the album. I don't speak French and can't understand them but I love the emotion they invoke. I have noticed that since I have been following Mika's career and reading posts on MFC, I have learned so much more about other cultures and countries. I probably would not have learned so much if not for Mika. I see the world beyond my borders now and have more of an understanding of tolerance for others. I know some people won't like the French songs on the US version but I see it as a way to open up people's eyes to see beyond their own front yard.

I'm hope he puts some French songs on the US version of the album. I don't speak French and can't understand them but I love the emotion they invoke. I have noticed that since I have been following Mika's career and reading posts on MFC, I have learned so much more about other cultures and countries. I probably would not have learned so much if not for Mika. I see the world beyond my borders now and have more of an understanding of tolerance for others. I know some people won't like the French songs on the US version but I see it as a way to open up people's eyes to see beyond their own front yard.

He told in an interview that there'll be 3 french songs on the next album. Everywhere, not only in France. USA, UK, italia, etc.

Indeed, totally agree with you! :thumb_yello: We learn from him every day, love it.

He told in an interview that there'll be 3 french songs on the next album. Everywhere, not only in France. USA, UK, italia, etc.

really...that's great! I already said i'd be perfectly fine with there being 2 or 3 french songs so i'm happy to hear it :thumb_yello:

Again, this choice seems to me the imagine of his desire to show himself as he is. He is a citizen of the world, he speaks many languages, he belongs to so many cultures. All of this, for me, has to appear in his works because it is an important part of his artistic identity. If someone does not like it, patience.

At this point in his career it seems to me much more important for him not to get away from himself, because he can find new ideas for feeding a long and satisfying career only in his original artistic world, which distinguishes him from other artists.

In a long period, this is more important than being "international" or than satisfying the taste of all his fans. :thumb_yello:

Again, this choice seems to me the imagine of his desire to show himself as he is.

Yes, I agree. I was happy to read about his decision - because of him - even I don't speak French myself. But I don't mind there are three songs in a language I can't understand anyway, I already love BBB.

Everybody has to learn French :wink2: and no, my comment is not at all professionnally biased :teehee::wink2:

I also would like to add to what was said above that I love how he is opening us not only to languages that can be "internationally usefull" (like French imo, as it's also spoken in a large part of Africa for example), but also to another "smaller" language (no offense there :wink2:) like Italian.

I took me one year to decide it, but I'm now starting to learn Italian, because of the journey I'll be doing this summer, but also because of the way Mika makes me love it :wub2:

Now these 3 languages are a part of his world, and I really like it :thumb_yello:

I'm open to a fourth one :mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: it´s exactly what I feel. We all should be open minded to look beyond the borders. I wanted to learn French at School but it wasn´t possible now I try since two years and very very slowly I can see progress in written French. Mika makes me learn so many new things and I love it because it makes life much more colourful.

here's a resume

- some love it

- some like it

- some don't care

- some don't like it

- some hate it

:thumb_yello::clap:

YES - your lyric is very good too Deb!! :teehee: I'm truly impressed by the writing skill, of both you and Marilyn! :thumb_yello: MIKA really doesn't need to worry, if he'll ever suffer from writers block again - he can just make a call to Manchester or Washington DC - and voila! - the lacking lyrics will be ready in no time!! :naughty: Good, gone girls ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Deb's lyrics are more true to the song's translation. I didn't do that because mine are always parodies. So I just learned what the song is about and went my own way with it.

Deb wrote some really great English lyrics that Mika could definitely use.

It seems to me that Mika said in one of the last interviews that he was inspired for this single by Charles Aznavour...is it right or i made a dream? :aah:

If it's true, do you know in wich way? :blink:

Everybody has to learn French :wink2: and no, my comment is not at all professionnally biased :teehee::wink2:

I've seriously considered taking lessons from you because I would love to learn French! I spend a lot of time there (lol, not sure how many times I've been in France this year already). The problem is that it's really difficult for me. My mouth can't even pronounce those words :aah: My ear can't "hear" French words... I'm not good at foreign languages in general (not sure why, Finnish grammar is my strength) but French is especially difficult. Germany and Scandinavian languages are so much easier and more familiar for me.

I've definitely come round to the idea of the French songs on the album. I've thought about it and read what he said about it being part of who he is.

Well, bless him, he has the courage of his convictions. I hope it pays off for him. This will certainly single him out as a unique artist and, maybe, get the whole world singing French.

Other foreign language songs have done well. I could never imagine La Bamba in English and Psy sings Gangnam Style in Korea (I think, because he is)

So let's see if it's going to be a Boum Boum Boum Summer around the world.

Someone on Twitter said they would only download the English songs on the album. That is an option for anyone who doesn't want the French songs.

I'll buy the whole thing.

It seems to me that Mika said in one of the last interviews that he was inspired for this single by Charles Aznavour...is it right or i made a dream? :aah:

If it's true, do you know in wich way? :blink:

He said that the manager of Charles Aznavour came to them while they were writing the lyrics in the restaurant, just to introduce himself. But they were full of ink everywhere :teehee:

Anyway, then he thought that he could use the way Aznavour is doing the melody. I think he was talking about the part in the middle of BBB, where he's going higher. The part that I love :wub2:

I've seriously considered taking lessons from you because I would love to learn French! I spend a lot of time there (lol, not sure how many times I've been in France this year already). The problem is that it's really difficult for me. My mouth can't even pronounce those words :aah: My ear can't "hear" French words... I'm not good at foreign languages in general (not sure why, Finnish grammar is my strength) but French is especially difficult. Germany and Scandinavian languages are so much easier and more familiar for me.

You already know what I think about it :mf_rosetinted: You just don't trust yourself enough :huglove: There is no huge difficulty in French prononciation, and anyway it hasn't to be perfect. Most important is to be able to communicate :wink2: . Listen to Jane Birkin, her accent is still so strong after all these years but that's perfect like this :thumb_yello:

Deb's lyrics are more true to the song's translation. I didn't do that because mine are always parodies. So I just learned what the song is about and went my own way with it.

Deb wrote some really great English lyrics that Mika could definitely use.

:blush-anim-cl: Your parodies are soo great - always give me a good laugh!!:naughty: If I've understood it correct, Deb is a professional writer, an author, right ? :wink2: Anyway, the lyrics from both of you spice up what MIKA delivers in his songs...:teehee:

Love,love

me

You have such a way with words, Guy! :wink2:

Thanks Deb, I'll take that as a compliment :)

:floor:

Before BBB most comments were: french lyrics... meh

After BBB most comments are: french lyrics yay!

:mf_rosetinted:

Well... That's not entirely true.

I still prefer Mika's English songs.

Lyrically speaking, we got lucky this time with boumboumboum.

When Doriand is involved, I'm not always confident, he's done awful lyrics as well (French Grace Kelly = nails on black board)

If the other 2 songs are in the style of "soleil mal luné" or "l'amour dans łe mauvais temps" , I'm not going to be terribly happy. They were ok as bonuses, but not important enough to take the place of tracks on the main CD

That's my opinion anyways :)

I really love the song!!:wub2:

Although I prefer when Mika sing in english :wink2:

I prefer "Boum Boum Boum" than "Elle me dit", the lyrics are more better, more interesting.

And the history of this song is just... AMAZING and so hilarious!!!:lmao:

Can't wait for the clip :)