Boum Boum Boum Video Out 7/7/14!

dcdeb

In a way it does go with the song, if you think of boom, as being a gun going off. He's shooting people.

It sort-of reminds me of earlier in his career, if anyone remembers. During his concerts there used to be a shadowplay scene, only short, but there was a gun, it shot a piece of material, with (I think) "bang", something like that. My memory sucks. But for some reason this video has made me remember that.

So it doesn't go with the song in terms of, two lovers getting it on, but it does if you think of the boom of a gun through the ages. The common denominator seems to be various types of guns.

The scenes can be confusing, but what I'm wondering now is that maybe it's deliberately done that way.

If you think about it, the song is in French which could put people off listening to it if they can't speak French, but there is so much going on in the video, that the song becomes the background music. Then, while people try and decipher the various plots, the song enters the brain through the subconscious and won't leave. So it becomes a kind of brainwashing. It's pure genius.

You mean the "Teddy Bears Picnic" part of the gigs?

I have been rewatching it over and over again, and is it just me, or does Mika seem really uncomfortable with the women?

I know that he is supposed to play the role of the "cool" man and that he isn't into girls in real life, but it almost seems as if he is uneasy around them, especially the blonde girl with the puffy hair and the one he walks through the forest with.

Isn't there a part, in the cowboy part, where the girl puts her leg on the desk, and Mika puts a cigar out on the sole of her boot?

Definitely a passion killer.

I'm sure that happens in the cowboy part, but everything is so fast it's easy to miss.

But I agree. He doesn't look like a man who wants to seduce a girl, even in the part where he almost kisses the girl.

Edit: Yes RAKI I think it was in the Teddy Bears Picnic.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Watched again. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't wind up with a man in the end, or that there wasn't some subtle gay reference, but I like the video so much that I can overlook that.

I also think that the video did a good job of working with his acting talents. I don't think he's a bad actor, per se, it just needs to be done in the right way, and this was a perfect way, in my opinion.

A also agree with what people have said about the song being sort of in the background. I find myself forgetting that it's French. It sort of soaks into your brain while you are watching the pretty images.

Also, costumes are awesome!

I have been rewatching it over and over again, and is it just me, or does Mika seem really uncomfortable with the women?

I know that he is supposed to play the role of the "cool" man and that he isn't into girls in real life, but it almost seems as if he is uneasy around them, especially the blonde girl with the puffy hair and the one he walks through the forest with.

Maybe not uncomfortable, for me, but really disinterested.

I love the cigar on the boot part.

Isn't there a part, in the cowboy part, where the girl puts her leg on the desk, and Mika puts a cigar out on the sole of her boot?

Definitely a passion killer.

I'm sure that happens in the cowboy part, but everything is so fast it's easy to miss.

But I agree. He doesn't look like a man who wants to seduce a girl, even in the part where he almost kisses the girl.

Edit: Yes RAKI I think it was in the Teddy Bears Picnic.

The cigar bit was in the b/w part of the vid, set in the 40s I think. :thumb_yello:

Nope, this is the singer:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIt8-eI3f87tEYpQqJJUPO6dY8s7rWRPihVaKS9PI2FWUH3GdPEQ

I wonder how they managed to film it all in only 2 days. I suppose they got away with the first recordings or something

It wasn't in two days but about one week :wink2:

Mika looks to me like he is with the ladies behind another man's back.

Those ladies all have other men. Mika keeps a tab on the ladies via his cell or via that telescope and other ways i haven't seen yet (since it all happens so fast. :aah: )

Mika is infatuated with them to the point of killing the other man, going to jail, having a gun or knife fight and risking being killed for what he's done.

and that's what happens :blush-anim-cl:

Or it's manipulative. :aah:

Anyway, I agree when you say that the song becomes the background music. There's so much stuff to look at that I almost forget about the song while watching it.

I have to try at home, maybe it happened because I'm at work and I can't really listen to it. Or maybe I just was too much focused on trying to look for hidden meaningful (non existent) details.

I may change my opinion later, when I'll be able to watch it at home. We'll see.

I still like the vid though. The scenes, the editing, Mika himself are amazing.

I just miss some witty slight references to the song, at least, not to mention to the gay topic.

I think he had lot of fun while making it, but kind of missed the chance to do more with it.

I agree with you, but I think this is probably one of the compromises with the record company, of which he has previously spoken.The meaning of the song is one, the sense of the video is another.(a "safe" video and the female target on which the record companies are focusing now is happy).So, it's okay for now.

Edited by charlie20

His acting is definitely getting better, isn't it? He is used to be in front of cameras these days.

well, that shouldn't be considered acting... that's suppose to be how he really feels when he sees/hears music. though he does play for the camera :naughty:

his acting is much better than Underwater. But in Underwater, he was acting alone mostly & couldn't feed off other people's energy.

His acting is definitely getting better, isn't it? He is used to be in front of cameras these days.

Well, yep! He is not a good actor (sorry, Mika :mf_rosetinted:) but that was soooooo much better than Underwater :aah:

It wasn't in two days but about one week :wink2:

I was sure to have read somewhere that he did it in two days, but this makes more sense

Maybe not uncomfortable, for me, but really disinterested.

I love the cigar on the boot part.

I love it as well. :yes:

And I don't think he's uncomfortable, or at least I can't know, I don't know him that well. As Guy said, we cannot know whether he's acting. I think we should stop to apply prejudices and interprete what he does like we were in his shoes. I sometimes have the feeling that he's expected to be uncomfortable, rather than he really is.

I sometimes see some old fans who are able to tell much just looking at him. I wish I had this skill, but I actually don't.

Anyway, when it comes to his acting, he looks disinterested in my opinion.

I agree with you, but I think this is probably one of the compromises with the record company, of which he has previously spoken.The meaning of the song is one, the sense of the video is another.(a "safe" video and the female target on which the record companies are focusing now is happy)

If this is what is all about, then they are not that far sighted, some huge brands are now using both gay and etero messages in their ads and are having quite a success. I don't think that anyone would mind a slight gay reference as long as he keeps to look that hot :aah: Hotness is hotness and people those days are a bit more open minded.

Edited by Elwendin

I was sure to have read somewhere that he did it in two days, but this makes more sense

And I don't think he's uncomfortable, or at least I can't know, I don't know him that well. As Guy said, we cannot know whether he's acting. I think we should stop to apply prejudices and interprete what he does like we were in his shoes. I sometimes have the feeling that he's expected to be uncomfortable, rather than he really is.

I sometimes see some old fans who are able to tell much just looking at him. I wish I had this skill, but I actually don't.

oh we know he's acting... we just aren't sure how he would have acted had it been a man :naughty:

well, we've spent years and years studying his every moves :aah:

for instance, i do believe there was a study done on how he held his hand around a fan's shoulder... hand on shoulder or closed fist. we studied to see if that was a way to show how comfortable he was with said fans.

lately, he uses a different facial expression that he never used before when he's taking pics with fans and some show hosts... i'm trying to read those... so far, i've come up with "i'm making that face because i'm sick of taking pics all the time" ... but i have no proof :lmao:

In a way it does go with the song, if you think of boom, as being a gun going off. He's shooting people.

It sort-of reminds me of earlier in his career, if anyone remembers. During his concerts there used to be a shadowplay scene, only short, but there was a gun, it shot a piece of material, with (I think) "bang", something like that. My memory sucks. But for some reason this video has made me remember that.

So it doesn't go with the song in terms of, two lovers getting it on, but it does if you think of the boom of a gun through the ages. The common denominator seems to be various types of guns.

The scenes can be confusing, but what I'm wondering now is that maybe it's deliberately done that way.

If you think about it, the song is in French which could put people off listening to it if they can't speak French, but there is so much going on in the video, that the song becomes the background music. Then, while people try and decipher the various plots, the song enters the brain through the subconscious and won't leave. So it becomes a kind of brainwashing. It's pure genius.

WOw !Great analysis :thumb_yello:

Do we have some time jumps in there? Because he sees the one girl as Lawrence of Arabia (and at the time there weren't for sure girls in bikinis :naughty:), and than the same girl comes out of the swimming pool while he is Bond for example. And the blond one at the Western bar is the same as at the Bond bar and the one from the nearly-kiss in the 50s, right?

And how many girls do we have? 3? I'm really bad a re-recognizing faces. And is every girl in every time?

:thumb_yello::naughty: That's what I see too - "Blame it on the girls" - they might put a spell on you ...:teehee

Women/girls are very dangerous :naughty:

:thumb_yello::teehee:

If this is what is all about, then they are not that far sighted, some huge brands are now using both gay and etero messages in their ads and are having quite a success. I don't think that anyone would mind a slight gay reference as long as he keeps to look that hot :aah: Hotness is hotness and people those days are a bit more open minded.

I think it too :thumb_yello: But many still have old ideas and think that people still have many prejudices :dunno:

Edited by charlie20

so far, i've come up with "i'm making that face because i'm sick of taking pics all the time" ... but i have no proof :lmao:

Well, I think this is the only one I can easily recognize. :biggrin2:

I agree with you, but I think this is probably one of the compromises with the record company, of which he has previously spoken.The meaning of the song is one, the sense of the video is another.(a "safe" video and the female target on which the record companies are focusing now is happy).So, it's okay for now.

I don't think it's an intentional leaving out of an homosexual plot. In my opinion he just got this idea of doing a homage to those classic films. He didn't leave it out because it wasn't in his head to put it in. This video isn't a statement, neither for (different) heterosexual nor homosexual love, like for example the MYH one, it's about playing with those film characters. It's just missing for us / some of us because we had a video with this message in our had. I hope it's clear what I wanted to say. :aah:

ahahahahaha nice one :cowboy:

and it looks good with a donkey... see?? :cowboy::donkey:

and to add to the western theme... :tumbleweed:

Yep - definitely the best bit IMO :thumb_yello:

he just looks natural in those few seconds.... like a troublemaker, but a natural one :naughty:

Did you seen that at the beginning Mika is writing a letter he give to the woman in the black in white film that she trew away ?

Well, I think this is the only one I can easily recognize. :biggrin2:

i saw, but i thought it was a bank note (money) way back then, money/cheques/bank notes were kinda large.

but it could be a letter i guess... not sure why he'd give her a letter though

I think that if I had to vote between this and the previously mentioned GK vid I would go for the simplicity of GK. it seems that GK is a relatively complex song with a simple video and this is the reverse.

It's a bit too complicated/busy for me and as much as I can appreciate the work/art that has gone into it I am having trouble taking it seriously.