Boum Boum Boum Video Out 7/7/14!

dcdeb

If you think about it, the song is in French which could put people off listening to it if they can't speak French, but there is so much going on in the video, that the song becomes the background music. Then, while people try and decipher the various plots, the song enters the brain through the subconscious and won't leave. So it becomes a kind of brainwashing. It's pure genius.

Or it's manipulative. :aah:

Anyway, I agree when you say that the song becomes the background music. There's so much stuff to look at that I almost forget about the song while watching it.

I have to try at home, maybe it happened because I'm at work and I can't really listen to it. Or maybe I just was too much focused on trying to look for hidden meaningful (non existent) details.

I may change my opinion later, when I'll be able to watch it at home. We'll see.

I still like the vid though. The scenes, the editing, Mika himself are amazing.

I just miss some witty slight references to the song, at least, not to mention to the gay topic.

I think he had lot of fun while making it, but kind of missed the chance to do more with it.

I will never be brainwashed into liking this song :naughty: But it's a great video eventhough it's kind of a mess concept wise. I liked the part with the knife fight, it suits Mika for some reason to play with knives :blink: lol

I love it!

I was even awake by 6:30am to watch it!

There is so much going on, and it all looks so good. It's like a bunch of little movies all in one. I was expecting the different time periods to unfold chronologically, so I was surprised when they were all mixed together. I like all the styles, really. The pool one was extra neat, though. He looks so tall and lean in those. :wub2: I'm going to have to watch many more times to absorb it all. I'm sure I missed a lot. But I'm really impressed. Very visually neat and professional looking.

And I love that half smile!

Love the video :wub2:

The views, the images are stunning, quality of image is amazing :thumb_yello:

I like that Mika had fun playing with all these movies and references, it's fun for me too to watch it :blush-anim-cl:

Of course, it's very messy, but I actually like, we need to watch it many times to try to get it, and I hope that everybody will do like us :wink2:

Totally lost in all the scenes and plots, if you find for sure which movies / stories it is, that would be great :teehee: I don't even know for sure how many stories there are :aah:

My opinion is that Mika can't act so well, but thanks to the editing, it still looks good. And he is damn hot in many scenes :aah: (I'm in the "cowboy without hat" group :mf_rosetinted:). Oh, and I so love his face when the James Bond girl is coming very close to him at the pool :naughty:

I would have loved a twist at the end, or anything that could let us think than a man was involved too, but it's fine for me that there are only women: if he want it like that, he has his own reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to be confined in a box (for him or for the song) and he prefers to be free of doing what he wants, without receiving the label of "gay song" or "gay artist". Don't know.

Anyway, the video is really great!! I'm watching it again and again with great pleasure

And he is damn hot in many scenes :aah: (I'm in the "cowboy without hat" group :mf_rosetinted:). Oh, and I so love his face when the James Bond girl is coming very close to him at the pool :naughty:

Oh well. I don't mind the hat, I'm fine if he wants to keep it or not. I'm not picky. :aah:

And yes, his looks while staring at that super flat sporty hot belly is priceless.

I would have loved a twist at the end, or anything that could let us think than a man was involved too, but it's fine for me that there are only women: if he want it like that, he has his own reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to be confined in a box (for him or for the song) and he prefers to be free of doing what he wants, without receiving the label of "gay song" or "gay artist"

If you pay attention, in every scenery, there is a woman who says to Mika the phrase "boum boum boum", but during the arabic scene, while Mika is looking through the telescope, is a man who to tells him that phrase "boum boum boum". It is not completely clear, because the phrase could be referred to the bond girl that Mika sees in the telescope .. or maybe not. :blink:

Did you noticed this particular? Am I dreaming? :shocked:

If you pay attention, in every scenery, there is a woman who says to Mika the phrase "boum boum boum", but during the arabic scene, while Mika is looking through the telescope, is a man who to tells him that phrase "boum boum boum". It is not completely clear, because the phrase could be referred to the bond girl that Mika sees in the telescope .. or maybe not. :blink:

No you're not and it confused me SO MUCH. (Still am confused, if anyone has a theory about it)

i noticed the man saying "boum boum boum" but in my mind, he is clearly referring to what Mika is looking at & not proposing Mika :naughty:

Well. it's agreat video:wub2: Some say they are missing a story or there are too many plots.. In my opinion it should not tell a story. Someone of you said it is a journey to history and the women bring him trouble, so a man is right for gim Agree in parts but I would interprete it a bit more. Not the existence of women are the problem, it has to do with finding himself and expictations of society. A "real" man is a hero whom love all women. To paint a picture of someone who he is not bring problems and so you have to "die" so long as you find the courage to say: He, I am what I am and also society have hearnt or still have to learn.

Just my two cents

• Like 1

No you're not and it confused me SO MUCH. (Still am confused, if anyone has a theory about it)

:teehee::teehee::teehee:

In any case, so many good movies are a bit confused...:aah::naughty:

i noticed the man saying "boum boum boum" but in my mind, he is clearly referring to what Mika is looking at & not proposing Mika :naughty:

Same here, Mika seems to be clearly focused on the girl :naughty:

well...i have some doubts...in theory, the man in black can not see the bond girl in the telescope...so...:teehee:

I missed the grand reveal, got stuck working in the office on the phones, so saw it this afternoon.

As I have already said somewhere, I love the cowboy look, and the rest of the video looks pretty slick.

Only one slight disappointment, about one part. that he isn't speeding around in the spy scenes in a cool sports car. I think that would have been great, but c'est la vie.

Love the video :wub2:

The views, the images are stunning, quality of image is amazing :thumb_yello:

I like that Mika had fun playing with all these movies and references, it's fun for me too to watch it :blush-anim-cl:

Of course, it's very messy, but I actually like, we need to watch it many times to try to get it, and I hope that everybody will do like us :wink2:

Totally lost in all the scenes and plots, if you find for sure which movies / stories it is, that would be great :teehee: I don't even know for sure how many stories there are :aah:

My opinion is that Mika can't act so well, but thanks to the editing, it still looks good. And he is damn hot in many scenes :aah: (I'm in the "cowboy without hat" group :mf_rosetinted:). Oh, and I so love his face when the James Bond girl is coming very close to him at the pool :naughty:

I would have loved a twist at the end, or anything that could let us think than a man was involved too, but it's fine for me that there are only women: if he want it like that, he has his own reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to be confined in a box (for him or for the song) and he prefers to be free of doing what he wants, without receiving the label of "gay song" or "gay artist". Don't know.

Anyway, the video is really great!! I'm watching it again and again with great pleasure

I agree with you about his acting. I've always thought his acting is theatrical and that way more suitable for stage than film but yes, it's enough for a music video and easily cut :thumb_yello: He does look really good...

I noticed that too, no idea what it refers to though.

I have been rewatching it over and over again, and is it just me, or does Mika seem really uncomfortable with the women?

I know that he is supposed to play the role of the "cool" man and that he isn't into girls in real life, but it almost seems as if he is uneasy around them, especially the blonde girl with the puffy hair and the one he walks through the forest with.

I missed the grand reveal, got stuck working in the office on the phones, so saw it this afternoon.

As I have already said somewhere, I love the cowboy look, and the rest of the video looks pretty slick.

Only one slight disappointment, about one part. that he isn't speeding around in the spy scenes in a cool sports car. I think that would have been great, but c'est la vie.

he could have driven his own little sports car for the 60s, with Mel next to him :wub2:

I have been rewatching it over and over again, and is it just me, or does Mika seem really uncomfortable with the women?

I know that he is supposed to play the role of the "cool" man and that he isn't into girls in real life, but it almost seems as if he is uneasy around them, especially the blonde girl with the puffy hair and the one he walks through the forest with.

or is it his acting??? we can't tell as we didn't see him do the same scene with a man :teehee: