Boum Boum Boum Video Out 7/7/14!

dcdeb

So are men!!! Look at what Mika has done to all of us!!!

:what::insane::hypo::omg_fans::plane:

hey look!!! we have a boum boum boum smilie!

:aah:

You're right! He is dangerous! :naughty:

Nice! :cowboy:

Anyway, BBB has two videos: one is this, more artistic and the other with the words of the song.Good!

I don't think it's an intentional leaving out of an homosexual plot. In my opinion he just got this idea of doing a homage to those classic films. He didn't leave it out because it wasn't in his head to put it in. This video isn't a statement, neither for (different) heterosexual nor homosexual love, like for example the MYH one, it's about playing with those film characters. It's just missing for us / some of us because we had a video with this message in our had. I hope it's clear what I wanted to say. :aah:

Yes, I understand you very well.Honestly,I don't know, but certainly the record company must still give its approval.But it's okay, because I don't think Mika will put anything too personal in his videos.It's better in this way, in my opinion.

And as I have said before (above) BBB has two videos! :original:

Edited by charlie20

so my guess is 1 day shooting of unshaved Mika and 1 day of shaved Mika :naughty:

:wink2:

If you pay attention, in every scenery, there is a woman who says to Mika the phrase "boum boum boum", but during the arabic scene, while Mika is looking through the telescope, is a man who to tells him that phrase "boum boum boum". It is not completely clear, because the phrase could be referred to the bond girl that Mika sees in the telescope .. or maybe not. :blink:

Did you noticed this particular? Am I dreaming? :shocked:

ohhhhhhh.... hadn't noticed that!! :thumb_yello:

i noticed the man saying "boum boum boum" but in my mind, he is clearly referring to what Mika is looking at & not proposing Mika :naughty:

wait wait wait wait :mf_rosetinted: don't kill my hope to see a hint to men in the video :naughty:

The girl he is looking at is the one of the Bond scene. With some strange weapon and a bikini that, as DerMoment said, was not existing at Lawrence time. Is that a hint that the hint is a hint? :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't there a part, in the cowboy part, where the girl puts her leg on the desk, and Mika puts a cigar out on the sole of her boot?

Definitely a passion killer.

I'm sure that happens in the cowboy part, but everything is so fast it's easy to miss.

But I agree. He doesn't look like a man who wants to seduce a girl, even in the part where he almost kisses the girl.

Edit: Yes RAKI I think it was in the Teddy Bears Picnic.

In my opinion the scene with that girl with leg on the desk is quite hot :mf_rosetinted: It's the best, I think it's not a passion killer, more a scene like a "I love you, I hate you, I want to kill you, but I still love you" one.

And I do think that Mika knows very well how to act to seduce a woman or anybody else... look at him at gigs sometimes :naughty: I think he shows this face in the video either to show he is not interested or, as someone said, because he is worried about the husband coming :teehee:

oh we know he's acting... we just aren't sure how he would have acted had it been a man :naughty:

well, we've spent years and years studying his every moves :aah:

for instance, i do believe there was a study done on how he held his hand around a fan's shoulder... hand on shoulder or closed fist. we studied to see if that was a way to show how comfortable he was with said fans.

lately, he uses a different facial expression that he never used before when he's taking pics with fans and some show hosts... i'm trying to read those... so far, i've come up with "i'm making that face because i'm sick of taking pics all the time" ... but i have no proof :lmao:

:lmfao:

i saw, but i thought it was a bank note (money) way back then, money/cheques/bank notes were kinda large.

but it could be a letter i guess... not sure why he'd give her a letter though

I remember those cheque notes well, have used them myself, long time ago - this is not one of those, they had another shape, they were rectangular, with a receipt in one end, the one you should keep for bookholding :wink2: This paper, thrown away, seems to have a pic on it :wink2:

Btw, it's strange that you mention MIKAs closed hand around peoples shoulders! I've noticed that on pics for years, and I even have mentioned it for my hubby - because I can't recognize other people doing the same - to me it seems that he's uncomfortable, but it might just be a habit he has, what do I know ... :naughty:

I like all the roles MIKA is playing in this video - simply because I think he can act good. The best part though, is the Bond part - his sophisticated and arrogant look here is brilliant, imo ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I don't think it's an intentional leaving out of an homosexual plot. In my opinion he just got this idea of doing a homage to those classic films. He didn't leave it out because it wasn't in his head to put it in. This video isn't a statement, neither for (different) heterosexual nor homosexual love, like for example the MYH one, it's about playing with those film characters. It's just missing for us / some of us because we had a video with this message in our had. I hope it's clear what I wanted to say. :aah:

I agree. He had fun.

We had wishful thinking.

This paper, thrown away, seems to have a pic on it :wink2:

I think it's a pic as well.

Yes, it totally makes sense and the original story for the song has nothing to do with any statement (even he wanted to talk about the issue in interviews when promoting the song).

So after reading this whole thread which was a lot longer than i had initially thought I have come to place my opinion <3 I looovvee it, go Mika gooooooo. Its a wonderful vid full of lots of sexy Mika in sexy costumes and dress up. In regards to a few concerns raised I'd like to add my two cents.

When it comes to the video being "messy" I could agree that its a bit mucked up and busy but I kinda like that. For me that is Mika, I've never tried to figure him out, it is far more fun to just let him preform and watch the chaos unfold <3.

One could also argue that this video has nothing to do with the song but as its already been stated before, this is not the first time a music video has had little coordination with the song, but still been excellent and wonderful. Honestly in my opinion I think this video was just about Mika being Mika. He wanted an excuse to dress up in all sorts of costumes and play out parts in fantasies, who here has never dressed up and pretended they were someone they werent? Do you remember how ridiculously fun that was? This is just Mika having loads of fun for his fans <3

The Homosexual dilemma, I personally dont mind his decision to not make this a statement, while I think one day that would be wonderful and part of me had wished this video would be the one. Mika has always been private about his life and for the longest time he didn't specify his preference because to him love is love regardless of sexes. I think for Mika he wants his music video to be seen as just that, a music video, not a campaign for same sex acceptance but a music video about a boy having a fun time acting out the super hero.

On an off note of that....I don't know if i was watching a different vid but....I found the scenes between him and the women...kinda steamy....specifically the 1950's...40's...what ever detective scene. I personally read a lot of sexual tension in that scene...hell at one point he takes off his hat and it looks like hes thinking about some very naughty things, or even the part where he has the gun against her cheek and hes behind her all pressed up and shiz >.< but maybe that's just my imagination being carried away into Mika land (I think maybe...).

Finally just a small thing I noticed...I think he lives in the hanging scene. If you watch closely when he's being dragged up to the noose there is a man pulling a horse through the scene, its very quick but you see it, after the hanging a few scenes later you see him galloping off on that exact same horse, hes in the same outfit (aside from his hat, which he might have grabbed) just galloping off I don't know how he escaped but I think he does >.<

and lastly...

bi6oNc.gif

That makes sense :mf_rosetinted: and you must be right :wink2:

An important thing is that he had fun doing it :teehee: Happy for him

I'm late to express my point of view of this wonderful video clip !!

I LOVE IT ! The differents scenes make call back olds and classicals movies, it's.... Wow !! :wub2:

The work that he had was enormous :shocked:

This clip is one of best of Mika ! :wub2:

Edited by Emelyne412

I shouldn't try to make sense into recurring themes :insane: Maybe it doesn't mean anything and they just didn't have enough actors :naughty: Or "Cloud Atlas" was to impressive :mf_rosetinted: But somehow it's noticeable, you clearly have the same women in different times and the theme of "looking into another time" (Lawrence/Band Girl, Bond/Arabian Girl, Detective/Western Girl) is recurring, too.

So after reading this whole thread which was a lot longer than i had initially thought I have come to place my opinion <3 I looovvee it, go Mika gooooooo. Its a wonderful vid full of lots of sexy Mika in sexy costumes and dress up. In regards to a few concerns raised I'd like to add my two cents.

When it comes to the video being "messy" I could agree that its a bit mucked up and busy but I kinda like that. For me that is Mika, I've never tried to figure him out, it is far more fun to just let him preform and watch the chaos unfold <3.

One could also argue that this video has nothing to do with the song but as its already been stated before, this is not the first time a music video has had little coordination with the song, but still been excellent and wonderful. Honestly in my opinion I think this video was just about Mika being Mika. He wanted an excuse to dress up in all sorts of costumes and play out parts in fantasies, who here has never dressed up and pretended they were someone they werent? Do you remember how ridiculously fun that was? This is just Mika having loads of fun for his fans <3

The Homosexual dilemma, I personally dont mind his decision to not make this a statement, while I think one day that would be wonderful and part of me had wished this video would be the one. Mika has always been private about his life and for the longest time he didn't specify his preference because to him love is love regardless of sexes. I think for Mika he wants his music video to be seen as just that, a music video, not a campaign for same sex acceptance but a music video about a boy having a fun time acting out the super hero.

On an off note of that....I don't know if i was watching a different vid but....I found the scenes between him and the women...kinda steamy....specifically the 1950's...40's...what ever detective scene. I personally read a lot of sexual tension in that scene...hell at one point he takes off his hat and it looks like hes thinking about some very naughty things, or even the part where he has the gun against her cheek and hes behind her all pressed up and shiz >.< but maybe that's just my imagination being carried away into Mika land (I think maybe...).

Finally just a small thing I noticed...I think he lives in the hanging scene. If you watch closely when he's being dragged up to the noose there is a man pulling a horse through the scene, its very quick but you see it, after the hanging a few scenes later you see him galloping off on that exact same horse, hes in the same outfit (aside from his hat, which he might have grabbed) just galloping off I don't know how he escaped but I think he does >.<

and lastly...

bi6oNc.gif

I agree with you , I don't mind if there's no story , but little bits of stories , the images are beautiful and emotional :wub2:

Mika is absolutely gorgeous as a hero through many time periods :wub2:

I can't get enough of this video nor of its caps :mikalove:

I'm glad I can watch it on MFC though because on Vevo it bugs and lags so much for me on my netbook.

It made me decide to get my son's former laptop fixed and use it :naughty:

I hope there's will be a DVD with the vid as well , I really want to buy the vid :wub2: and on a big TV screen , it would be just like a real movie :wub2:

IMVDb

http://imvdb.com/video/mika-8/boum-boum-boum

Credits

Director : Jonathan Lia http://imvdb.com/n/jonathan-lia

Director of Photography : Aaron Platt http://imvdb.com/n/aaron-platt

Editor : Logan Seaman http://imvdb.com/n/logan-seaman

Production Company : Good Company http://imvdb.com/n/good-company

Producers

Jonathan Lia, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/jonathan-lia

Ryan Heiferman, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/ryan-heiferman

Brian Welsh, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/brian-welsh

Claire Baylin, Producer http://imvdb.com/n/claire-baylin

Jackie Green, Producer http://imvdb.com/n/jackie-green

Video Commissioner : Ailsa Robertson http://imvdb.com/n/ailsa-robertson

Editorial

Ron Sudul http://imvdb.com/n/ron-sudul , Colorist - @ Nice Shoes

ok, so, after spending the whole morning and part of the afternoon watching the video... I can now express my thoughts...

the first time I saw it, I felt like it was a bunch of messy scenes. Then I re-watched it a lot of times, yes it is messy, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

My lecture about the different stories is, he's a man who has lived in all those different times through history, in all of them he has had "love stories" and even though it isn't explicit, there's a huge Boum Boum vibe in all of them. you can see how love and relationships have changed along the time, in Napoleonic, he was extremely polite with his loved one, when he's a cowboy he even gets a slap (maybe he was a womanizer in that era) then he's much more open and naughty in the detective scene... I love the way all this stories give us a parallel sense of what's going on, it could be "messy" at first, but hey! I think presenting all that in a linear way, wouldn't be as fun as it is!, plus, we get all the climax scenes in the exact climax of the song

Technically, must say, I've done some editing work, and it's extremely difficult, even more when you have huge amounts of material (and they surely had a lot of material for this vid) and the way they used the rhythm in the song to make the stories evolve... woooow! I'm truly impressed!

The work with photography, art design, costumes and make up is simply perfect...

About the homo/heterosexual thing... I guess Mika has shown along the time that he's extremely open about love in all of it's forms, so I guess he had a lot of fun making this video, and that is so good!

I agree with you , I don't mind if there's no story , but little bits of stories , the images are beautiful and emotional :wub2:

Mika is absolutely gorgeous as a hero through many time periods :wub2:

I can't get enough of this video nor of its caps :mikalove:

I'm glad I can watch it on MFC though because on Vevo it bugs and lags so much for me on my netbook.

It made me decide to get my son's former laptop fixed and use it :naughty:

I hope there's will be a DVD with the vid as well , I really want to buy the vid :wub2: and on a big TV screen , it would be just like a real movie :wub2:

it is soooooo good! And its not even a case of no story, their is lots of story its just a bit hard to follow but I love it!!! He is def a gorgeous heroooO!!!!!

Also...am I the only one whos completely digging this....captured cowboy Mika? I wouldn't mind being the villain if he fell on his knees like that in front of me <3 the best part of it is you can see just how much of him their is...cuz even on his knees he's tall, did anyone else notice how short all the other male actors were? Funny if he did that on purpose lmaooo <3

ok, so, after spending the whole morning and part of the afternoon watching the video... I can now express my thoughts...

the first time I saw it, I felt like it was a bunch of messy scenes. Then I re-watched it a lot of times, yes it is messy, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

My lecture about the different stories is, he's a man who has lived in all those different times through history, in all of them he has had "love stories" and even though it isn't explicit, there's a huge Boum Boum vibe in all of them. you can see how love and relationships have changed along the time, in Napoleonic, he was extremely polite with his loved one, when he's a cowboy he even gets a slap (maybe he was a womanizer in that era) then he's much more open and naughty in the detective scene... I love the way all this stories give us a parallel sense of what's going on, it could be "messy" at first, but hey! I think presenting all that in a linear way, wouldn't be as fun as it is!, plus, we get all the climax scenes in the exact climax of the song

Technically, must say, I've done some editing work, and it's extremely difficult, even more when you have huge amounts of material (and they surely had a lot of material for this vid) and the way they used the rhythm in the song to make the stories evolve... woooow! I'm truly impressed!

The work with photography, art design, costumes and make up is simply perfect...

About the homo/heterosexual thing... I guess Mika has shown along the time that he's extremely open about love in all of it's forms, so I guess he had a lot of fun making this video, and that is so good!

I agree with this whole theory and glad someone else picked up on the sexual vibe I was picking up on, I found he was being just as sexual and suggestive as the women in the video without being as forward as they were, I mean some men have much more subtle ways of flirting. Im guessing you picked up also on the look he gives her when he lifts his hat at the desk just before he snubs out his cigar >.> delicioso!!

Edited by Salura22
avoiding double posting

it is soooooo good! And its not even a case of no story, their is lots of story its just a bit hard to follow but I love it!!! He is def a gorgeous heroooO!!!!!

Also...am I the only one whos completely digging this....captured cowboy Mika? I wouldn't mind being the villain if he fell on his knees like that in front of me <3 the best part of it is you can see just how much of him their is...cuz even on his knees he's tall, did anyone else notice how short all the other male actors were? Funny if he did that on purpose lmaooo <3

I agree with this whole theory and glad someone else picked up on the sexual vibe I was picking up on, I found he was being just as sexual and suggestive as the women in the video without being as forward as they were, I mean some men have much more subtle ways of flirting. Im guessing you picked up also on the look he gives her when he lifts his hat at the desk just before he snubs out his cigar >.> delicioso!!

:blush-anim-cl:

The two women I showed the video to today and who are not Mika fans sure noticed that :chkn: vibe :mikadas:

SURE! and when Mika Bond looks up at the girl by the pool, I mean, it isn't explicit, but... what do Bond girls do with Bond all the time!!? BBB!! haha

I loved it, it is a huge tribute to the old school movies!

Im sorry but this...yeah this is the look a want when I'm alone with a man, I mean isnt a guy taking off his hat like "damn...hot in here.."? I really think this video does a good job of playing with the song in slight ways.

Id2P6s.gif

IMVDb

http://imvdb.com/video/mika-8/boum-boum-boum

Credits

Director : Jonathan Lia http://imvdb.com/n/jonathan-lia

Director of Photography : Aaron Platt http://imvdb.com/n/aaron-platt

Editor : Logan Seaman http://imvdb.com/n/logan-seaman

Production Company : Good Company http://imvdb.com/n/good-company

Producers

Jonathan Lia, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/jonathan-lia

Ryan Heiferman, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/ryan-heiferman

Brian Welsh, Executive Producer http://imvdb.com/n/brian-welsh

Claire Baylin, Producer http://imvdb.com/n/claire-baylin

Jackie Green, Producer http://imvdb.com/n/jackie-green

Video Commissioner : Ailsa Robertson http://imvdb.com/n/ailsa-robertson

Editorial

Ron Sudul http://imvdb.com/n/ron-sudul , Colorist - @ Nice Shoes

oh.... mostly English people... i would have thought French

In a way it does go with the song, if you think of boom, as being a gun going off. He's shooting people.

It sort-of reminds me of earlier in his career, if anyone remembers. During his concerts there used to be a shadowplay scene, only short, but there was a gun, it shot a piece of material, with (I think) "bang", something like that. My memory sucks. But for some reason this video has made me remember that.

So it doesn't go with the song in terms of, two lovers getting it on, but it does if you think of the boom of a gun through the ages. The common denominator seems to be various types of guns.

The scenes can be confusing, but what I'm wondering now is that maybe it's deliberately done that way.

If you think about it, the song is in French which could put people off listening to it if they can't speak French, but there is so much going on in the video, that the song becomes the background music. Then, while people try and decipher the various plots, the song enters the brain through the subconscious and won't leave. So it becomes a kind of brainwashing. It's pure genius.

Marilyn, I had the same thoughts too... a slight commentary on the film industry and its fascination with guns? America's love of guns? Given all the brouhaha here over gun rights, seems possible...

I will never be brainwashed into liking this song :naughty: But it's a great video eventhough it's kind of a mess concept wise. I liked the part with the knife fight, it suits Mika for some reason to play with knives :blink: lol

The knife fight was my favorite too. :)

Marilyn, I had the same thoughts too... a slight commentary on the film industry and its fascination with guns? America's love of guns? Given all the brouhaha here over gun rights, seems possible...

I thought about that too. It's sort of troubling me. Given my hatred for guns, I'm worried that I'm sort of a hypocrite for loving the video so much, but I'm looking at it as a satire of the Hollywood fascination with them. It's just fun.