Mika @ Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October 2015

mari62

Have to buy better tickets and try to unload the ones you don't want.  :hair:  If people in London are really dying to see Mika you should be able to sell dress circle tickets. But if it was just a couple of hundred people creating this frenzy today then it might not be so easy. I am sure the gig will sell out but it's a lot easier to sell tickets if you are Ticketmaster or the venue than it is as an individual. Many will see the show is sold out and give up. They are not necessarily going to come looking for your dress circle tickets.

Stubhub is the go-to place for spare tickets in North America so it's a good way to sell tickets that are in demand. Don't know what it's like in the UK for the reseller market though.

I see, thank you. I just thought from the way people talking, there was a 'proper' way to do it. I think it may be possible to sell them but I don't know of course. I might just sit back and be grateful that I have tickets at all. I will see what Friday brings.

• Like 2

just fyi for friday, what i remember from ticketmaster, they also don't allow to have several browser windows opened with their site while you buy tickets. but at least i hope they get the credit card stuff right. xD

I have never heard of this in my life! I buy tickets every month from Ticketmaster and have never had a problem. I've never had a problem with anything except Mika gigs. And some debacle happens every time. It is especially egregious when they use some crappy UK ticketing agent to sell tickets in North America. Ticketmaster in NA is a well oiled machine when it comes to selling. And the tickets are electronic so you can print them out yourself, keep them on your phone or transfer them to someone else with a Ticketmaster account. You don't have to stand at the will call window at 6:59 pm begging for your tickets before the doors open as happened in NYC a few weeks ago.

Even if they want to make no-multiple-browsers a rule I don't understand why See Tickets wouldn't allow you to close the browser window and carry on with the purchase instead of forcing you to start all over again. There were also a myriad of other problems like people having their credit cards rejected for no legitimate reason and the sale claiming to time out even though there were several minutes remaining on their clock.

yes christine, ticketmaster IS a lot better than seetickets, for the reasons you mentioned (esp. the printout tickets!) - but i just wanted to mention about the browser window, guess they want to prevent people from buying several tickets at once (more than the limited number of 6 or whatever it is). anyway, it's been a few years since i last ordered something there, so maybe they changed it meanwhile.

Edited by mellody

yes christine, ticketmaster IS a lot better than seetickets, for the reason you mentioned (esp. the printout tickets!) - but i just wanted to mention about the browser window, guess they want to prevent people from buying several tickets at once (more than the limited number of 6 or whatever it is). anyway, it's been a few years since i last ordered something there, so maybe they changed it meanwhile.

Maybe it's just different in Europe. They should have other controls in place if they want to stop people going over the ticket limit.

Rose, there was no point in putting it in the Members Only section this time, when someone published it HERE 15 minutes before the presale started -- thanks so much :sneaky2:

-- and when Team Mika published it on Facebook for the whole world to see. I have tried to explain to them before that that is a sure-fire way to give the touts a head's up, but they continue to do it, so what can we do?

Actually Laurel, that's exactly how it's been done in the past. They have advertised the presale on Mika's FB page how many times now? The one time that we had the link, they told everyone on Facebook to come to MFC and it slowed the site down to the point where no one could get online here. As long as they advertise the presale on Facebook, we are competing with the world for these presale tickets, so there's no point in calling it a fan presale. :no:

It's outrageous. Front Row center seats:

https://www.seatwave.com/Checkout?tsgId=14978599&qty=2

How can they let this happen? :mad3:

Sorry Deb, I didn't know any of this until I read this earlier, I was on the road when it happened this morning.

And there is an MP in parliament trying to get a law passed to stop this with tickets, but it's taking her longer than she expected, she is fed up with it too.

Sorry Deb, I didn't know any of this until I read this earlier, I was on the road when it happened this morning.

And there is an MP in parliament trying to get a law passed to stop this with tickets, but it's taking her longer than she expected, she is fed up with it too.

I daren't tell my daughter I lost them - she's 11 and loves Mika (despite none of her friends having a clue who he is!!). I've promised her for years I'll take her if he tours UK. So hope we get some on Friday.

I think you might find some spare tickets being offered here so don't despair

Reselling for £249 each is just shocking. When I saw that price I was (almost) tempted to buy them (despite totally disagreeing with such sites) but realised it's £249 per ticket. I like Mika a lot but not enough to fork out £600. We bought pre-sale Vamps tickets recently and it worked perfectly. Code only given to those who had pre-ordered a DVD bundle. Logged on the day, accessed a 'virtual waiting room' where I registered how many tickets I wanted and did all the credit card & address stuff then when my turn came I got the best seats available at that time and just had to click 'buy'. Easy and hassle free.

Reselling for £249 each is just shocking. When I saw that price I was (almost) tempted to buy them (despite totally disagreeing with such sites) but realised it's £249 per ticket. 

I think (hope!) it's just for today because the presale is gone, and they hope that fans are in a hurry to buy them at any price, but if tickets will appear again this Friday at a normal price, they won't able to sell them at £249, it's crazy  :sneaky2:

Reselling for £249 each is just shocking. When I saw that price I was (almost) tempted to buy them (despite totally disagreeing with such sites) but realised it's £249 per ticket. I like Mika a lot but not enough to fork out £600.

Today just 280 tickets went into sale, so ~ 1200 tickets are still left for the sale on Friday. You shouldn't have problems with getting your tickets on Friday :thumb_yello:

Reselling for £249 each is just shocking. When I saw that price I was (almost) tempted to buy them (despite totally disagreeing with such sites) but realised it's £249 per ticket. I like Mika a lot but not enough to fork out £600. We bought pre-sale Vamps tickets recently and it worked perfectly. Code only given to those who had pre-ordered a DVD bundle. Logged on the day, accessed a 'virtual waiting room' where I registered how many tickets I wanted and did all the credit card & address stuff then when my turn came I got the best seats available at that time and just had to click 'buy'. Easy and hassle free.

Oh my goodness. That sounds like a perfect ticket buying scenario.... The like of which we can only dream of here!

• Like 2

I and another million people are in row N. 

I wonder how huge that row is. :blink:

I was having the exact same thought, I keep seeing row N people, how long is this bloody row N?!

It should have 30 seats 

I and another million people are in row N. 

I wonder how huge that row is. :blink:

I was having the exact same thought, I keep seeing row N people, how long is this bloody row N?!

Today just 280 tickets went into sale, so ~ 1200 tickets are still left for the sale on Friday. You shouldn't have problems with getting your tickets on Friday :thumb_yello:

You greatly underestimate the psycho ticket touts in this country.

You greatly underestimate the psycho ticket touts in this country.

Maybe every mfcer who has enough money should buy a ticket or two in the first few rows and sell them to mfcers for face value if they don't need them. That'd reduce the number of (good) tickets the touts can get. :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1

Maybe every mfcer who has enough money should buy a ticket or two in the first few rows and sell them to mfcers for face value if they don't need them. That'd reduce the number of (good) tickets the touts can get. :mf_rosetinted:

And that would work only if MFCers could get to the tickets before the touts did.... 

I've got an idea... how about a fan pre-sale?? :naughty:

• Like 4

Dear friends without tickets:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/mika-london-18-10-2015/event/37004ED77F33378C?artistid=950322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

26 jun

General public onsale 

09:00 Local Time

When i attended gigs in UK i was very satisfaid about Ticketmaster UK service.

They delivered to Italy for few pounds (in the past there was not Print at Home service).  :thumb_yello:

Instead i always heard bad stories about Seetickets and i tried not to use, except for presale in small Mika gigs (acoustic tour in 2009).  :sneaky2:

Anyway in Italy we have Ticketone that is  disorganized and inefficient almost as Seetickets when a sale starts.  :(

• Like 2

And that would work only if MFCers could get to the tickets before the touts did.... 

I've got an idea... how about a fan pre-sale?? :naughty:

:naughty:

But seriously, the touts only have a computer as well? :dunno: so the chance for them to get lots of tickets is slimmer if more fans buy tickets at the same time.

• Like 1