2019 - Sept.13 @ Brooklyn Steel NYC : PICS / VIDS / REPORTS

Kumazzz

:usa:

It's the second night of Tiny Love Tiny Tour !!

We are looking forward your pics, vids and reports !!!

SETLIST

Ice Cream

Dear Jealousy

Tiny Love

Sanremo

Blue

Tomorrow

Grace Kelly

Relax

Happy Ending

Big Girl

Popular Song

Origin of Love

We Are Golden

Love Today

Lollipop

Underwater

Stay High ( finale)

=======

PICS

=======

@superstar 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-4162271

@lemontine  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-4162352

@Tillymilo  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-4162390

@77red 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-4162485

@maggie112 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-4162532 / 4162533

@loyalmikafan  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics=4175287

=======

VIDS

=======

@Mocha

@Tillymilo

@maggie112

@Chriss-MikaFan

Not MFCer kekeLMB

========

REPORTS

========

@superstar  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-reports/4162271

@cat_loves_mika 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-reports=4162282

@lemontine  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-reports/4162352

@Mocha  2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-reports=4162385

@77red 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-pics-vids-reports/4162485

=======

PRESS

=======

Flickr Mika : Tiny Love Tiny Tour - Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn (2019

Corriere della Sera 2019-sept13-brooklyn-steel-nyc-4162409

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 1

I will post a more in depth review and pictures and videos tomorrow, but I wanted to say 2 things on here tonight. 

1. This gig was recorded for a live album and DVD. Look forward to it!

2. On a personal note, I got to meet Mika and it was a really incredible experience. I'm very emotional right now and I'm still letting it all sink in. 

Excellent gig, will do a full report tomorrow. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Electric energy in Brooklyn tonight! Mika is so comfortable in his skin and in his songs, and he shared that with us tonight. Some thoughts in no particular order:

• In the intro, there is a recording of Mika talking all about love: how love created the universe, and lit up the sun, and how the sun created all of us with its yellow light. During this recording the band is all on stage waiting, and you don't see Mika at all, and then he just runs on all at once!
  • Red! Suit! Frilly! Shirt! CURLS!!! And Velcro Shoes????
  • Dear Jealousy was the second song he played (I think) -- beforehand, he talked for a bit about he hasn't been on tour in four years, and he is starting something new. To start something new, you have to start with new music, and this song was acknowledging something new...basically, how he is a "jealous bastard." 😂 Crowd reaction was great, it felt like everyone around me was either familiar with the song or caught on really quickly.
  • The venue itself had great sound, high ceilings, and a very wide stage that meant a lot of people could get close. Mika did a good job of walking back and forth and giving energy to every corner of the room.
  • Mika was really hamming it up, saying "this song is for my aunties..." he named all of the aunties, some of whom were here tonight, and his mother. Then he said "you'll see why I'll be getting 56 slaps in the face when you find out what song this is" -- then launched into Big Girl.
  • The gig was also RECORDED, which was at first apparent because of the team with the huge camera who walked around filming for most of the concert. Mika also mentioned the name of an accomplished sound engineer who reached out to him about turning a show on this tour into a live album. Mika was saying he's never dropped a live album before! So this was the show that's going to be mixed into an album. When we  were leaving the venue, they opened up the side door and you could see into what looked like all the sound engineers mixing right there. 
  • Setlist was almost the same as last night, with the omission of Sanremo 
  • Lots of LICM songs tonight, followed by TOOL. Plus all the new stuff! Funny, because I think those were the two albums he toured most on in the U.S. so it makes sense to stick within those tracklists. 
  • Sofia (not sure of MFC handle) gave Mika a cool jacket (I have photos below) with embroidery and patches that were relevant to the tour. He put it on and it fit perfectly! 
  • The renditions of the older songs are some of the best I've seen. Lollipop and Love Today really stand out. Lollipop, they start with a bit of a dueling pianos soundfest that resolves into what the crowd eventually recognizes as Lollipop. He had a spiel beforehand about how his mom told him to avoid the girl next door, but she didn't need to worry about the girl next door...it was the boy next door! Love Today he had the balcony and the floor wave at each other, then told us all to close our eyes and dance our hearts out because no one cares how you look. 
  • Encore was GK and a Tiny Love reprise that ended with Mika riffing off the theme of getting and staying high on a tiny love. He said "stay high!" as the last message before he went off stage. 
  • The new tracks were great, though the sound made Blue a little difficult to understand. Technically it is a very challenging song, and Mika sings most of it solo with very basic accompaniment. Very cool to see it live, and I'm looking foward to hearing it a couple more times.
  • TOMORROW is a CLASSIC already, the chorus is so catchy and cleverly timed -- it's just doing what Mika does best: clever lyrics, interesting melody, timing that's a little different. He gave us the intro, that this song is about being "15 cm" away from someone in the back of an old Mercedes Benz and making a mistake that you may or may not regret.
  • Pink is the color of sin. Especially when you grow up as a Catholic boy -- because pink is also the color of passion. He used this intro to talk about Origin of Love. This kind of comment is touching to see as a fan who has followed him for so long. He's so much more comfortable in his own skin and sexuality, and open in expressing that. One of the great joys of following Mika over the years is seeing him grow and process this part of his identity through music, and being able to process alongside him. He's come a long way.
  • Show ended around 10:30pm, Mika came out around 11:30pm to sign. There was a big crowd and he must have spent about 20 minutes talking, taking photos, and autographing with everyone. He really made his way around the crowd and took time to talk to those who were at the front. Several times during the concert, he had mentioned how he hasn't been here in four years. So it seems he's making the time to get to know his fans over here. We are lucky!

Some photos:

IMG_20190913_232546.jpg

MVIMG_20190913_222147.jpg

MVIMG_20190913_220428.jpg

IMG_20190913_215430.jpg

IMG_20190913_210402.jpg

IMG_20190913_210235.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, superstar said:

Electric energy in Brooklyn tonight! Mika is so comfortable in his skin and in his songs, and he shared that with us tonight. Some thoughts in no particular order:

• In the intro, there is a recording of Mika talking all about love: how love created the universe, and lit up the sun, and how the sun created all of us with its yellow light. During this recording the band is all on stage waiting, and you don't see Mika at all, and then he just runs on all at once!
  • Red! Suit! Frilly! Shirt! CURLS!!! And Velcro Shoes????
  • Dear Jealousy was the second song he played (I think) -- beforehand, he talked for a bit about he hasn't been on tour in four years, and he is starting something new. To start something new, you have to start with new music, and this song was acknowledging something new...basically, how he is a "jealous bastard." 😂 Crowd reaction was great, it felt like everyone around me was either familiar with the song or caught on really quickly.
  • The venue itself had great sound, high ceilings, and a very wide stage that meant a lot of people could get close. Mika did a good job of walking back and forth and giving energy to every corner of the room.
  • Mika was really hamming it up, saying "this song is for my aunties..." he named all of the aunties, some of whom were here tonight, and his mother. Then he said "you'll see why I'll be getting 56 slaps in the face when you find out what song this is" -- then launched into Big Girl.
  • The gig was also RECORDED, which was at first apparent because of the team with the huge camera who walked around filming for most of the concert. Mika also mentioned the name of an accomplished sound engineer who reached out to him about turning a show on this tour into a live album. Mika was saying he's never dropped a live album before! So this was the show that's going to be mixed into an album. When we  were leaving the venue, they opened up the side door and you could see into what looked like all the sound engineers mixing right there. 
  • Setlist was almost the same as last night, with the omission of Sanremo 
  • Lots of LICM songs tonight, followed by TOOL. Plus all the new stuff! Funny, because I think those were the two albums he toured most on in the U.S. so it makes sense to stick within those tracklists. 
  • Sofia (not sure of MFC handle) gave Mika a cool jacket (I have photos below) with embroidery and patches that were relevant to the tour. He put it on and it fit perfectly! 
  • The renditions of the older songs are some of the best I've seen. Lollipop and Love Today really stand out. Lollipop, they start with a bit of a dueling pianos soundfest that resolves into what the crowd eventually recognizes as Lollipop. He had a spiel beforehand about how his mom told him to avoid the girl next door, but she didn't need to worry about the girl next door...it was the boy next door! Love Today he had the balcony and the floor wave at each other, then told us all to close our eyes and dance our hearts out because no one cares how you look. 
  • Encore was GK and a Tiny Love reprise that ended with Mika riffing off the theme of getting and staying high on a tiny love. He said "stay high!" as the last message before he went off stage. 
  • The new tracks were great, though the sound made Blue a little difficult to understand. Technically it is a very challenging song, and Mika sings most of it solo with very basic accompaniment. Very cool to see it live, and I'm looking foward to hearing it a couple more times.
  • TOMORROW is a CLASSIC already, the chorus is so catchy and cleverly timed -- it's just doing what Mika does best: clever lyrics, interesting melody, timing that's a little different. He gave us the intro, that this song is about being "15 cm" away from someone in the back of an old Mercedes Benz and making a mistake that you may or may not regret.
  • Pink is the color of sin. Especially when you grow up as a Catholic boy -- because pink is also the color of passion. He used this intro to talk about Origin of Love. This kind of comment is touching to see as a fan who has followed him for so long. He's so much more comfortable in his own skin and sexuality, and open in expressing that. One of the great joys of following Mika over the years is seeing him grow and process this part of his identity through music, and being able to process alongside him. He's come a long way.
  • Show ended around 10:30pm, Mika came out around 11:30pm to sign. There was a big crowd and he must have spent about 20 minutes talking, taking photos, and autographing with everyone. He really made his way around the crowd and took time to talk to those who were at the front. Several times during the concert, he had mentioned how he hasn't been here in four years. So it seems he's making the time to get to know his fans over here. We are lucky!

Oh, thank you very much for your report. It's a pleasure to read all this :fangurl:

• Like 1

My first gig! I guess I picked a killer one too. All the lovely people I met said Mika just had so much extra energy tonight and it was definitely for the live DVD. I was in the front row so I was definitely filmed for that, look out guys... :aah:

I have never been to such an incredible show. Like it not just because I love Mika so much, he just put on such a great performance and the crowd echoed the energy right back. It was ecstatic. It was more than I was hoping for. 

I was a complete mixture of emotions all day, and it all came to a boiling point when Mika came to the stage door greet some of us. There were probably 100 people outside and I knew I probably wouldn't get to see him because I was nowhere near the front. I eventually manuvered myself to the second row of an area where it wasn't as congested, but it didn't seem hopeful and I understood that. I started crying because he was just like... There and a moment I couldn't even dream of happening when I was so much younger was literally like unfolding before my eyes. I also think I am a little emotionally unstable right now because I'm just struggling with mental health issues too. But that's another reason why Mika and his music mean so much to me, its helped me pull through the absolute hell I've had to go through through the years to even get to where I am today and be the person I am today. It's just something you cannot thank someone enough for. 

The fact that I was crying caught some people around me's attention (I think they were Italian, if you see this thank you! I was too much of a mess to remember that) and they successful grabbed Mika's attention and pointed at me. Mika walks up to me and asks "now, why are you crying?" And I start rambling like the crazy lady I am, I think he was a little taken aback by it but whatever, and tell him pretty much I've been a fan for a long time and I want to thank him for his music because it got me through so much and I'm sorry because you probably hear this a lot. At this point I'm sobbing, he's looking at me like he doesn't know what to say or do and thinking wow I really need new antidepressants because these don't stabilize mood at all anymore. He says something along the lines of that's very sweet and I go in for a hug and then I hear an audible "awww" from the immediate crowd around us. It was so incredible. I'm just to blessed to have had that opportunity to speak with him and tell him that because... How many people get to thank their favorite musician or someone inspiring for them? Thank you, Mika. I'm sorry if I scared you. 

Here is my Google album from the gig, please enjoy. I filmed quite a few songs that are in here too. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBjF2G64cpo4UrNx6

Edited by cat_loves_mika
Fixing my album URL
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

LIVE ALBUM and DVD !!!!

Awwwww can't wait it :fangurl:

It's going to fantastic, because the set and the new songs he really fabricated into emotions and stories that everyone can relate to in the banter and things he said before playing them. He was also wild onstage, and it was practically a rave during Love Today (?) and We Are Golden because the crowd was just as wild and loving every minute of it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cat_loves_mika said:

It's going to fantastic, because the set and the new songs he really fabricated into emotions and stories that everyone can relate to in the banter and things he said before playing them. He was also wild onstage, and it was practically a rave during Love Today (?) and We Are Golden because the crowd was just as wild and loving every minute of it. 

:cloud: Thank you for those wonderful news and for sharing your album :hug::flowers2:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reports! :flowers2:

I don't understand though why Mika said he hadn't released a live album before... ok maybe Live at Saddler's Wells doesn't count, as it's just CD2 of a deluxe edition. But what about the live album of his Montreal gig? In Europe I think it also was a deluxe version of NPIH, but in Canada it was a separate album.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't understand though why Mika said he hadn't released a live album before... ok maybe Live at Saddler's Wells doesn't count, as it's just CD2 of a deluxe edition. But what about the live album of his Montreal gig? In Europe I think it also was a deluxe version of NPIH, but in Canada it was a separate album.

He said that it's different, because the Montreal one was with an orchestra and this is just a normal show audio wise with the music that sounds more like to what he releases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Maybe he meant a live CD and DVD in which he sings songs live for the second time only :dunno: It's a shame he didn't sing Sanremo on the second night I would have loved it to be on the live CD DVD. Thankfully MFCers filmed and shared it :bow::group_hug:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Maybe he meant a live CD and DVD in which he sings songs live for the second time only :dunno: It's a shame he didn't sing Sanremo on the second night I would have loved it to be on the live CD DVD. Thankfully MFCers filmed and shared it :bow::group_hug:

There is also Sinfonia Pop (both live CD and DVD) but I guess it's something different for him because he sings with the symphony orchestra... And he probably already forgot about Live at Sadler's Wells (live CD)? Actually I collect CDs and the only live albums I have (and also the only I care about) are from Mika so it's quite strange that according to him he didn't release any. :naughty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And what about a DVD "Park des Princes "?  And "Live in Cartoon Motion Live At l'Olympia"? Hé forgot about????

20 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And what about a DVD "Park des Princes "?  And "Live in Cartoon Motion Live At l'Olympia"? Hé forgot about????

I think he meant the live audio - of course he had live DVDs before, the last one of Mika ❤️ Paris, so I'm sure he remembers that. Ok if he says the orchestra one was different for him and he forgot the Saddler's Wells one, then that's his first live audio CD. :teehee:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

I think he meant the live audio - of course he had live DVDs before, the last one of Mika ❤️ Paris, so I'm sure he remembers that. Ok if he says the orchestra one was different for him and he forgot the Saddler's Wells one, then that's his first live audio CD. :teehee:

I don't know. But there was a cameraman on stage so it will be a DVD and not an audio CD.  Anyway there will be something additional to the album and it's great 👍

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't know. But there was a careraman on stage so it will be a DVD and not an audio CD.  Anyway there will be something additional to the album and it's great 👍

I've heard it should be both, like Sinfonia Pop (live album and DVD)... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't know. But there was a careraman on stage so it will be a DVD and not an audio CD.  Anyway there will be something additional to the album and it's great 👍

7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I've heard it should be both, like Sinfonia Pop (live album and DVD)... 

Its definitely going to be both an album and a DVD. 

Regarding the live DVD, he mentioned that he just hasn't done one in a long time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hellooo! I don’t know if I have much to say that someone else hasn’t already said in much more depth earlier, but I’m really glad I was able to see him on this tour. He was full of energy and gave a great performance- I only wish it could’ve been longer so we could have heard more songs that weren’t just the big hits 😉

Also, it was super cool to be part of the recoding, but I’ll admit it was a little distracting having the camera following him around almost the whole time, especially during Tiny Love :emot-sad:

I waited at the stage door, but we were near the back so I didn’t get to say hi, but it was nice to see that he seemed to be taking time with the people he did talk to :blush-anim-cl:

Hopefully it won’t be another four years before he comes back to the states so I can see him in concert again!

I forgot to really take any pictures, but here are a couple! 

79D768B9-A9B4-4C6F-BC5E-F444383931CF.jpeg

D174411D-61C3-479B-814B-650C04FBE3DD.jpeg

7B9D308C-827B-4D05-B24C-22D7D30FE5BF.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1