Revelation tour without M&G's - your thoughts?

mellody

58 minutes ago, mellody said:

I find this part of a recent Canadian interview very interesting, especially the bolded part (the rest I posted here just so you get the context without reading the whole interview):

... and I assume also from his fans. Not that I understand his logic there (probably because it isn't logical but his way to deal with his feelings), but it fits to the distance I feel from him these days, it fits to not partying with his friends after the Bercy gig, and well, I don't really know if it fits to the missing m&g's, after all he has done some in the US, Canada and Barcelona... but it certainly explains a few things I had been wondering about.

My take on this is that I myself have to find time to be alone and separate from my husband.  We both work from home, workout together, we travel together, and play tennis together (for example) so all of our time is spent in the same places and so I seek out ways to entertain just myself and give myself the space I need to feel like I have a life/interests detached from him as well as with him.  I could be misinterpreting but that's my feedback if it helps :D

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

I still don’t really get what he does mean with “being detached” from the ones he loves 🤷🏻‍♀️ (also because speaking about the tour itself, he toured mostly all the time with his partner🤔) and how to link with no doing m&g’s in Europe, as you said 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think that this phrase is rather connected to his period 2-3 years ago (he sais he was over 10 years with his partner). He needed this detachment to find back his creativity and love.To miss people who are far away from him.

I immediately thought of this topic when I read this. I think we have some explanations there. 

Seeing this interview suddenly made me remember how I was some years ago… I was a little like that for some years...  Just a little, it wasn't the same thing. But I think I understand a little this kind of feeling... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think that this phrase is rather connected to his period 2-3 years ago (he sais he was over 10 years with his partner). He needed this detachment to find back his creativity and love.To miss people who are far away from him.

Hmm, that's also a possible interpretation. But as he says "For the moment, it works perfectly", it rather sounds like it's still a current situation (at least if the translation is correct).

What I think he means is being emotionally detached, not letting things get under his skin so easily. Either because he would've gone crazy without this step, after all the things that happened to him. If life hits you like that again and again and again, you just need a certain detachment to stay sane (although in a way I'd also find that worrying, because the feelings don't just go away forever but will come back at some point...). And/or because for finding himself, he can't care so much about the worries and problems of other people. He's very empathic, very sensitive, and I think it's good for him if he manages to see things from a distance, certainly not surprising that he's happier that way. And with that point I do indeed see a link to the missing m&g's - because he knows that some fans will be sad or disappointed if he doesn't meet them like he used to, but he does what he feels is good for him (as we have assumed previously on this thread) instead of feeling bad because we might be disappointed.

• Like 4

The new year / decade is here, and suddenly the distance between M and his fans that we felt before is gone! :wub2: He's doing M&G's again, tho not always, and differently - I suppose the way it feels good to him in that moment (e.g. in Tours he was signing things, in Luxemburg he wasn't)... it was so lovely to have a little chat with him again in Luxemburg, I'm still on cloud 9. :cloud: 

I suppose it really might have been this "creating a distance, to love more" thing that he said in that Canadian interview. Lol, it did work, I love him more now, too! :teehee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

The new year / decade is here, and suddenly the distance between M and his fans that we felt before is gone! :wub2: He's doing M&G's again, tho not always, and differently - I suppose the way it feels good to him in that moment (e.g. in Tours he was signing things, in Luxemburg he wasn't)... it was so lovely to have a little chat with him again in Luxemburg, I'm still on cloud 9. :cloud: 

I suppose it really might have been this "creating a distance, to love more" thing that he said in that Canadian interview. Lol, it did work, I love him more now, too! :teehee:

It's good to know he's doing it again! :wub2:

On 12/31/2019 at 5:21 PM, carafon said:

just keep going ,enjoy the moment and who knows you may have a good surprise the day you'll not expect it 

You were right. :naughty: But I realized meanwhile that it wasn't so much the missing M&G's what made me sad, but the general distance I felt from Mika last year. Which can be explained by what he said in that Canadian interview. And I think I understand him meanwhile. You'd think the distance to his fans over the last few years was enough... but this emotional distance he kept up over the first part of this tour was different and it indeed made me love him more, now that it's gone. I'm so full of love and happiness right now after this last week, that it's hardly bearable. I don't think it'd have been that emotional if everything had been as always in the past few months... and I also feel that I understand Mika a lot better now, after analyzing everything and anything for a solution to what made me sad last year. I never paid as much attention to detail in his lyrics & interviews as I did in the last few months. Even if everyone tells me that I'm overanalyzing - but it made me discover a whole new world in this Mika universe, a world that also teaches me new things about myself. That makes me understand why it's necessary to tear down parts of the old Mika world I used to know. The Tiny Love era, the Revelation, the journey, it all makes sense to me now. I'm happy and curious to discover this new world. :)

And well, apparently it really makes a difference to Mika's health if he doesn't do M&G's. He did 2 in Tours and Luxemburg, and in Padova he said that his voice was gone that morning and he needed medication. Standing outside in the cold at 1am and chatting with fans, even if it's just for 2 minutes, seems to be too much for his voice - and in Bolzano he again said something about not talking between gigs to rest his voice. 

In Luxemburg he took ages to leave after the show, like on previous tours - whereas when he leaves without a M&G it's not that late. I think in Bolzano it was just about half an hour after the end of the show. Not sure why that is, or even which of the 2 is the cause and which the effect. Anyway I also realized that no matter if he does a M&G or not, I suppose I'll always keep on waiting for him to leave after the show, simply because I don't want that beautiful evening to end so quickly. Even if he leaves early without a M&G, I stay awake too long and then regret it the next morning. :teehee: I've always been a night owl. :naughty:

• Like 7

:thumb_yello:good nope Mika i stay with you forever bravo Mika the voice is so important for you !!! good maybe i meet you   don't keep cold your voice is so beautiful!!:wink2: don't smoke and not drink my angel!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on this from Strasbourg: When he came outside for signing stuff and quick chats, I gave him a letter, and he asked me whether it's a happy letter, as he'd have no tolerance for... (anything else). Actually he stopped the sentence after "no tolerance", because I had already answered that it's a happy letter. Anyway "no tolerance" was a very clear and strong statement, also the way he said it. Maybe he even said "absolutely", can't remember, but in any case it came across that way. My interpretation of this is that with all the sh*t that has happened in his own life in recent times, he's just not able to deal with other people's sh*t right now, I suppose it pulls him down too much. So maybe that's one more reason why he's not doing a lot of M&G's anymore.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Just a little update on this from Strasbourg: When he came outside for signing stuff and quick chats, I gave him a letter, and he asked me whether it's a happy letter, as he'd have no tolerance for... (anything else). Actually he stopped the sentence after "no tolerance", because I had already answered that it's a happy letter. Anyway "no tolerance" was a very clear and strong statement, also the way he said it. Maybe he even said "absolutely", can't remember, but in any case it came across that way. My interpretation of this is that with all the sh*t that has happened in his own life in recent times, he's just not able to deal with other people's sh*t right now, I suppose it pulls him down too much. So maybe that's one more reason why he's not doing a lot of M&G's anymore.

I can actually understand that if that's the case. If I'm sad I don't wanna hear other people's problems as it only makes it worse for me then... In that situation I need someone who makes me laugh. So from that point of view I can relate.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

I can actually understand that if that's the case. If I'm sad I don't wanna hear other people's problems as it only makes it worse for me then... In that situation I need someone who makes me laugh. So from that point of view I can relate.

That's why when I greeted him in Barcelona I told him that I found him much more handsome every day :naughty: :das:  Better in person than in pics. :wub2: He smiled but with some shyness but I guess he felt good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

That's why when I greeted him in Barcelona I told him that I found him much more handsome every day :naughty: :das:  Better in person than in pics. :wub2: He smiled but with some shyness but I guess he felt good. 

:teehee:

41 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Wow I would never dare to do that:teehee: Even though I think it a lot:wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Londonmikafan said:

Same here. :lmfao: I mean I'm not as shy anymore as I used to be years ago, but thinking of meeting Mika I would probably not be able to say anything that makes sense. :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Londonmikafan said:

24 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Same here. :lmfao: I mean I'm not as shy anymore as I used to be years ago, but thinking of meeting Mika I would probably not be able to say anything that makes sense. :aah:

Well, remember that Mika and I have shared the stage. :lmfao:Whenever I have  said something to him  it has been with respect. We  all like to be told that we are handsome, right? I'm sure he liked it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Well, remember that Mika and I have shared the stage. :lmfao:Whenever I have  said something to him  it has been with respect. We  all like to be told that we are handsome, right? I'm sure he liked it. 

You’re so lucky!!! He doesn’t even know I exist:sweatdrop:

Edited by Londonmikafan

12 hours ago, mellody said:

maybe it´s also one of the reasons why we don´t get any fanmail adress....... he doesn´t want to  get sad letters.....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Starlight said:

The first (and only) time I met him, I just could say "Thank you for all", but it was perfect and then, he stared at me like if he waited something else, but I litterally blacked out. 😅 And I finished by say Something lie "Eh... well… yes… h'ppy birthday". 😆

You know, sometime, I'm jealous of you, who never had contact with him. Even if I meet him another time one day, my "first words" with him are over forever. His great smile, my first emotions when he looked at me… Now I saw him six times, and the emotions already not are the same. It's still great, even better in some aspects; but I will never re-live again the first times… 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

The first (and only) time I met him, I just could say "Thank you for all", but it was perfect and then, he stared at me like if he waited something else, but I litterally blacked out. 😅 And I finished by say Something lie "Eh... well… yes… h'ppy birthday". 😆

You know, sometime, I'm jealous of you, who never had contact with him. Even if I meet him another time one day, my "first words" with him are over forever. His great smile, my first emotions when he looked at me… Now I saw him six times, and the emotions already not are the same. It's still great, even better in some aspects; but I will never re-live again the first times… 

I did and it's already 10 years ago, but yeah, as I said, I was so damn shy... I wasn't able to say anything. :doh: So I can understand what you mean. :wink2:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I did and it's already 10 years ago, but yeah, as I said, I was so damn shy... I wasn't able to say anything. :doh: So I can understand what you mean. :wink2:

Aw, I misunderstood. Sorry. :doh: So we are exactly in the same situation ! 

So, my message is rather for @Londonmikafan

1 hour ago, Presci1108 said:

When you said you saw him, do you mean personally during M&G or in one of his concert? Because I saw him for the first time in his concert in London and wow I was on a cloud:cloud: But I couldn’t stay for any M&G because my father wanted me to go home as I had school the day after and I need to sleep quite a lot. I would have stayed if I wasn’t with my father!!!

Edited by Londonmikafan