Revelation tour without M&G's - your thoughts?

mellody

As some of you already said, it's not part of his work going out of a gig and sharing a moment with his fans, though it was really nice of him doing so. I also have mixed feelings and many theories about this change :sweatdrop:

The "preserve the voice and the health" thing is a good thing imo, but I don't think it's the (at least only) reason. And I understand the "no more gifts", and that way he also reduce the occasions but, again, I don't think that's the reason.

The first thought is that is "not fair" to those who can barely attend one gig and can't afford travelling or going to more than one show. I was afraid that he was not stopping after gigs only in some specific places, due to the behaviours and bad reputation of some fans, and that would have been even worse. But at the same time if in my sole occasion to see him after a show there would be a screaming and a non-respecting crowd and he'd leave for this, I'd be very disappointed. So maybe one of the reason can be that: he had spoiled his fans in all those years, so after every gig the crowd that wait for him grew and became wilder and wilder; maybe this is a way to reduce it (if is not sure that he'll stop, maybe those who are there but more interested in a trophy than in the person would leave). 

He also said that this album is very personal and his emotional involvemet during the show leaves him drained; I think that if you add some touching fan action, he is more than vulnerable at the end. Plus, many fans that attend many shows sort of know him, so maybe now that he is talking about his familiar situation and have this huge emotional challenge to face, he eventually want to avoid personal questions, such as "How's you mother going?" "Hope she'll be well soon". Even if they are kind questions, maybe he's not prepared to face them multiplied for each fan at each gig.

Edited by Siri
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, Siri said:

Plus, many fans that attend many shows sort of know him, so maybe now that he is talking about his familiar situation and have this huge emotional challenge to face, he eventually want to avoid personal questions, such as "How's you mother going?" "Hope she'll be well soon". Even if they are kind questions, maybe he's not prepared to face them multiplied for each fan at each gig.

I hoped people would be sensitive enough not to do this, but this was also one of the possible reasons I had in mind - in London I even saw some fans approaching Mrs P and talking to her, so yeah, you got a point there. :aah:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

I just found the "no more gifts" post again, as someone has asked me for it via DM - it was a post, not a story. 

"Just music and shows and dancing", guess I got my answer there.

Aha, so that's probably the solution... but still I think it's sad...

@Siri your argument is also a very good one. It could be something he wants to avoid in order not to be confronted with it all the time...

Of course he doesn't owe anything to us fans except playing his gig, but it was something special. Maybe he'll come back to it in the future? Who knows...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I hoped people would be sensitive enough not to do this, but this was also one of the possible reasons I had in mind - in London I even saw some fans approaching Mrs P and talking to her, so yeah, you got a point there. :aah:

I hope this too, but I unfortunately learnt that the common sense does not apply to the crowd :sad: 

41 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Of course he doesn't owe anything to us fans except playing his gig, but it was something special. Maybe he'll come back to it in the future? Who knows...

Let's hope for the future :making-a-wish: anyway I don't think it's smth against the fans or that he doesn't love us anymore, nor that it's taking our love for granted or acting like a star. At least I hope so, as I hope that it's not due to national/regional/personal preferences. I rather think (or hope) there's a good reason for that, and for me the emotional one is the most likely of those I thought about

Edited by Siri
  • Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, Lunari said:

My thoughts about this are also quite complicated. On the one hand, I don't think Mika owes us anything (well, except for the concert that we paid for -- and he definitely delivers that!), and I wouldn't say that meeting fans after gigs is a part of his job. It's a nice bonus, but not something that should be expected of him, especially after putting so much of his energy in performing on stage. On the other hand, I can definitely understand that fans are disappointed because he so rarely does M&Gs these days, especially those who were used to him doing them regularly in the past. I have only been following him since 2014, so I wasn't around in the "good old days" (and he didn't do that many M&Gs during the Heaven tour either). I'm sure having something and then having it taken away is more disappointing than never having experienced it in the first place. Also, I was lucky enough to be in Barcelona and experience the one really great M&G he has done so far during this tour, so I definitely can't complain.

As for the reasons for the change, obviously we can't really know for sure, as he's the only person who could answer the question. My guess is that in the past he felt like he did "owe" his fans something more than just the concert (and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way: being famous was still sort of new for him and he was in awe that so many people loved him and were willing to follow him, so he wanted to get to know them and do something for them in return). But as he got older, he gradually realized that he actually isn't obligated to make everyone happy, especially if he's feeling tired or just not in the mood to talk to crowds of people. Perhaps his mother's illness has also made him reconsider his priorities and influenced his behaviour a little? This is all just speculation, of course.

Anyway, like I said, I can definitely see the issue from both sides. I've decided to lower my expectations when I go to gigs and just look forward to a great show. If anything happens after it, it's a wonderful and unexpected bonus, and if it doesn't, I already had a great time anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

I know how vulnerable these kind of situation makes you and how much strength you need to go on with life. So this must be one of the reasons

On 12/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, carafon said:

I agree with you and don't know if I'm right but I've got the feeling that he shortened the whole after show stuff

Like for example this last gig in Bercy ,I was surprised that he left so early as it was a special one ,with many friends of him ,closed to Xmas and with no gig the next days . 

In Lille he said that he wasn't used to before ,but decided not to speak anymore between gigs to preserve his voice

Remember too that he had to cancel some gigs from the Heaven tour because he was sick …..

So he may have learned from some mistakes he made in the past  ,especially as the Revolution tour in a winter tour ? Maybe not by chance that the only "great" meeting was in Spain tho….. 🌞 

Also not to forget that we don't know how much he suffers from his mother's desease ,both emotionaly and physically even if he's hidding it very well on stage (everybody who went threw that kind of experience will understand what I mean )

I went to the signing session in Paris ,I felt like he looked very tired even with only 2 "pre tour" gigs behind

On the other hand he's sharing many more things via social media than he did for the Heaven tour …...should be a way to try to be close to his fans on an other way (and every fans ,not only the ones that are able to wait or be first row ) and to show his gratitude ?

Of course I'd also be joyfull to see him much after gigs ,but I'm sure he's got his reasons

exactly what I think. He even celebrates with friends after a gig, it seems he wants to be alone as soon as possible

15 hours ago, silver said:

I can understand the "No more gifts" stance - he must have been given enough stuff over the years to fill a warehouse!   And I can understand him wanting to save his voice (and not exposing himself to too many germs) while on a big tour.

But I do miss him coming out and chatting to fans after gigs.  He hasn't been doing that after London gigs for some years, mainly because of the huge crowds that wait for him.  He also dislikes badly behaved fans that mob him and try to touch him - guaranteed to make him leave.

It seems the best chance of meeting him these days is to attend signing sessions, at least then you might get to say a few words to him, and he gets to deal with people individually rather than face a crowd clamouring for his attention.

I saw many times that fans tried to touch or hug him and he did it but hated it and most of these people weren´t able to read his body language, he smiled a professionel smile but tried to escape the situation..... and even these people thought he was happy

1 hour ago, Siri said:

As some of you already said, it's not part of his work going out of a gig and sharing a moment with his fans, though it was really nice of him doing so. I also have mixed feelings and many theories about this change :sweatdrop:

The "preserve the voice and the health" thing is a good thing imo, but I don't think it's the (at least only) reason. And I understand the "no more gifts", and that way he also reduce the occasions but, again, I don't think that's the reason.

The first thought is that is "not fair" to those who can barely attend one gig and can't afford travelling or going to more than one show. I was afraid that he was not stopping after gigs only in some specific places, due to the behaviours and bad reputation of some fans, and that would have been even worse. But at the same time if in my sole occasion to see him after a show there would be a screaming and a non-respecting crowd and he'd leave for this, I'd be very disappointed. So maybe one of the reason can be that: he had spoiled his fans in all those years, so after every gig the crowd that wait for him grew and became wilder and wilder; maybe this is a way to reduce it (if is not sure that he'll stop, maybe those who are there but more interested in a trophy than in the person would leave). 

He also said that this album is very personal and his emotional involvemet during the show leaves him drained; I think that if you add some touching fan action, he is more than vulnerable at the end. Plus, many fans that attend many shows sort of know him, so maybe now that he is talking about his familiar situation and have this huge emotional challenge to face, he eventually want to avoid personal questions, such as "How's you mother going?" "Hope she'll be well soon". Even if they are kind questions, maybe he's not prepared to face them multiplied for each fan at each gig.

once he said that his mother took care about the gifts and that one day she will do an exhibitionition with the best gifts. But now we know she can´t anymore and maybe it´s all too much....... Also I think that statement was a momentary one when he saw all the gifts at that table

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

once he said that his mother took care about the gifts and that one day she will do an exhibitionition with the best gifts. But now we know she can´t anymore and maybe it´s all too much....... Also I think that statement was a momentary one when he saw all the gifts at that table

I also thought it was momentary at that time, but as it has gotten really hard now to get gifts to him, he doesn't even have a fanmail address anymore, I rather think it was his plan. Maybe due to what you wrote re. his mum taking care about the gifts, I don't think I've heard/read this interview (or at least I don't remember), but it could be a reason.

It was one of my first thoughts that he just doesn't meet fans anymore because he simply has other things on his mind, due to his mum's illness. It might be one reason, but as I said, also already on the last tour when he didn't have all these problems, he met his fans a lot less than before. And he did a few M&G's, for example in Barcelona - so I think it's not just that.

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Aha, so that's probably the solution... but still I think it's sad...

@Siri your argument is also a very good one. It could be something he wants to avoid in order not to be confronted with it all the time...

It's just the answer to what he expects from us (at least right now), not why this is the case. It does help me already though, even without knowing his reasons, because well, it's a clear statement. And I agree, it IS sad, this special connection between him and his fans is/was really unique and a big part of not only the relations between him and his fans, but also within the fan community.

1 hour ago, Siri said:

anyway I don't think it's smth against the fans or that he doesn't love us anymore, nor that it's taking our love for granted or acting like a star.

I agree. My thought about it, inspired by some things written in this thread plus my own feelings, is that he doesn't want to feel like he owes us anything. (He doesn't, but it's about what he might feel...) So if WE just go to his shows and listen to his music without any further hopes or expectations, HE can feel free to do whatever he wants. I'm not sure yet what to think of this, I feel like I'm getting a knot in my brain right now... :lmfao: As everything else it's just interpreting, only he knows the truth... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I just found the "no more gifts" post again, as someone has asked me for it via DM - it was a post, not a story. 

I took that to mean “no more gifts today” :teehee:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

I agree. My thought about it, inspired by some things written in this thread plus my own feelings, is that he doesn't want to feel like he owes us anything. (He doesn't, but it's about what he might feel...) So if WE just go to his shows and listen to his music without any further hopes or expectations, HE can feel free to do whatever he wants. 

Besides all we wrote ,may be also a wish to be loved for his music on the first place  …...remember that he's jealous of the men he was before he was successfull ….:wink2:

And he maybe got the feeling that he lost that the same way he felt he lost the desire of making music because there were too many things around?

2 hours ago, mellody said:

There was a story as well ,don't know if someone saved it ,but I'm sure of seing it 

He was saying something like "I was surprised backstage by fans with flowers ,cakes and gifts" (probably the pictures and videos that went out after the final 3 weeks later :wink2:) ,he showed some gifts then said that he only needs our Energy now

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, carafon said:

Besides all we wrote ,may be also a wish to be loved for his music on the first place  …...remember that he's jealous of the men he was before he was successfull ….:wink2:

And he maybe got the feeling that he lost that the same way he felt he lost the desire of making music because there were too many things around?

Interesting thought. I can't imagine he had lost this feeling, he knew that many of his fans wished he would turn back to music instead of doing lots of TV and other projects - but who knows... :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I agree. My thought about it, inspired by some things written in this thread plus my own feelings, is that he doesn't want to feel like he owes us anything. (He doesn't, but it's about what he might feel...) So if WE just go to his shows and listen to his music without any further hopes or expectations, HE can feel free to do whatever he wants. I'm not sure yet what to think of this, I feel like I'm getting a knot in my brain right now... :lmfao: As everything else it's just interpreting, only he knows the truth... :rolleyes:

That's a good point too. Isn't it all about freedom afterall? Freedom to say what he had to say in his songs, freedom to be tired and go straight to bed after a long work day or freedom to stop for a chat with fans not feeling forced to do so. 
I consider him being such a caring person, maybe he's trying to be "less caring" with fans in order to protect himself; I don't know how to properly explain this, you know, when someone is too involved in smth and just have to step back to feel better.

• Like 7

I have had not much meet and greets during my fandom time, just two and at some special dates in the past I was not there either. So for me it is and was never a natural thing like for others who have had  that wonderful experience very often. Its a pity that there are no meets and greets  on that tour but he said it before. Yes, surely I also wish it will change again in future but if not, it is something to accept. I know the fact that Mika met his fans after shows, made him very special and it is hard without. So let us wait and see

Here is the IG stories.

7 hours ago, mellody said:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Siri said:

I consider him being such a caring person, maybe he's trying to be "less caring" with fans in order to protect himself; I don't know how to properly explain this, you know, when someone is too involved in smth and just have to step back to feel better.

I think I know what you mean, or at least some of my thoughts go in a similar direction. I still think that Tiny Love is about the love for himself, about taking care of himself, and that would fit. What I mean is not about being selfish, but about knowing and taking care of what you want and need first, before being able to care about others, without giving yourself up. Do you know the movie "runaway bride" with Julia Roberts & Richard Gere? A bit like that. I don't know if that's it, but it's certainly one of the interpretations I like more... :teehee:

Despite all of Mika's current problems, in a way I'm much less worried about him today than I used to be. Instead of lyrics like "I'm gonna kill myself", on his current album he sings "I'll be OK again" and "There's a little bit of god in everything". His posts about Andy show me that he's not alone. So his growing up and better taking care of himself might be part of the reasons for the changes - as some have mentioned here, it includes taking care of his health and his voice as well as of his feelings.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think I know what you mean, or at least some of my thoughts go in a similar direction. I still think that Tiny Love is about the love for himself, about taking care of himself, and that would fit. What I mean is not about being selfish, but about knowing and taking care of what you want and need first, before being able to care about others, without giving yourself up. Do you know the movie "runaway bride" with Julia Roberts & Richard Gere? A bit like that. I don't know if that's it, but it's certainly one of the interpretations I like more... :teehee:

Despite all of Mika's current problems, in a way I'm much less worried about him today than I used to be. Instead of lyrics like "I'm gonna kill myself", on his current album he sings "I'll be OK again" and "There's a little bit of god in everything". His posts about Andy show me that he's not alone. So his growing up and better taking care of himself might be part of the reasons for the changes - as some have mentioned here, it includes taking care of his health and his voice as well as of his feelings.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, but I wouldn't be able to explain it so well. I did not see that movie, I will certainly catch it up, thank you! I agree with the "love yourself" meaning of Tiny Love and not being worried about him anymore because he is loved and supported and he realized that too apparently, taking care of himself first. Sorry, I nearly repeated what you wrote, I'm not that good in explaining complicate topics :sweatdrop:

• Like 2

I have a feeling it comes from Alias Production (and they also tried to stop the fan action in Bercy)/... Security will say that he left but if you wait he still takes a bit of time for us,  he gets out of his car and waves and maybe chats a little with us. He is giving so much energy on stage and sharing so much already... In Nantes I told him I had made chocolates for him and he came and got them and my letter and he wished Rose a happy birthday and took Vicki's present too,  and after Bercy Melissa got to give him the holiday card she had made for him. But he can't stay very  long because he must be really tired after the show and often there's one the next day too

I don't think meets and greets are gone forever. Maybe they are more likely to happen after a festival when his show on stage is shorter?  And I'm sure he still loves us and that things have not changed and there will be more opportunities for longer chats with him at some point :wub2: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

And I'm sure he still loves us and that things have not changed and there will be more opportunities for longer chats with him at some point :wub2:  

Yes.. this is a veeeery big tour, maybe he is just saving his sparkling energies :bed:

• Like 1

@crazyaboutmika I love your optimism! :lol3: It surely doesn't have to do anything with Alias Productions, you were very lucky in Nantes, because even those very short moments with him are more the exception than the rule today. In Paris, Mika stopped for about 30 seconds and while he was already driving away, Melissa took her chance to give him her gift - also that was very lucky! 😅

Festivals have always been less likely for M&G's, but who knows, as it's summer then... and yes, I also think he still loves us and while I do see a change, I hope you're right that it's just temporary. :crossed:

• Like 1

hm, most of the fans behaved  reasonable by waiting for him,but sadly not all,. For example that crazy woman who jumed at him in te car and started to kiss him. Things ike that can be responsible as well. I don't think that Mika loves his fans less than before and I hope fans will not love him less even there will be no meet and greets. Maybe in future there will be organized , to be paid seldom  ones which I could deal with even it would  mean 10  euro extra ( Erasure sometimes do it that way), I hate if artists demand much money  from their fans for an meet and greet taht also means 30 seconds time for everyone.  Or maybe Mikas team will say, the only change tomeet him would be signing sessions. That would be sad for countries like mine where happens nothnig and also would make no sense. So please, dear Mika, take the time you need but please  try to find a way for some meet and greets in future

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Littlelady said:

hm, most of the fans behaved  reasonable by waiting for him,but sadly not all,. For example that crazy woman who jumed at him in te car and started to kiss him. Things ike that can be responsible as well. I don't think that Mika loves his fans less than before and I hope fans will not love him less even there will be no meet and greets. Maybe in future there will be organized , to be paid seldom  ones which I could deal with even it would  mean 10  euro extra ( Erasure sometimes do it that way), I hate if artists demand much money  from their fans for an meet and greet taht also means 30 seconds time for everyone.  Or maybe Mikas team will say, the only change tomeet him would be signing sessions. That would be sad for countries like mine where happens nothnig and also would make no sense. So please, dear Mika, take the time you need but please  try to find a way for some meet and greets in I

I had never the chance to see him outside the concert and maybe that's a good thing... I will soffer too much to have him so close and trying not to hug him in order not to upset him 😂😂😂 Anyway... the world is full of crazy and unpolite  people, I think he knows it very well so I don't think this could make him decide not to meet fans anymore. 

• Like 1

Since I only met him in a  M&G in 2010 at Colmar (very long ago now…), and since it was a big chance for me at this time, my feelings are obviously different than yours who followed him since the beginning (well, it 's also  my case in some way, but I was only 13 in 2007 so I couldn't really follow him at gigs…). It always was an exception for me… and I'm just so happy this year for going at 3 concerts for the first time, I expect nothing else…  But of course, it's probably harder for you, and it's understandable… It's a pity… I think it's easier for us who never got the chance to have it in the first place… 

The fact he did some M&G at the beginning of the tour (and only at the beginning) is important for me. Maybe he tried to, but seen it was too difficult for him for some reason. Why, I don't really know. But I know some fans said the people were more respectful and calms at the M&G before, and it's gradually became more wild… That the mood was different…  Maybe it's the reason why he didn't come as soon as before for the Heaven Tour either… Of course, I wasn't there the first years, so I can't tell if it's true. Anyway, I don't think the reason is unique.  I think there's a lot of potential reasons… But I see all of them written here so I will not repeat. 

Well, OF COURSE it would have been so great if I could talk to him or something. I will not lie, we're all the same… And of course,  it's disappointing… but in the same time, I'm sure there is a reason, and I will respect that… 

• Like 7

@mellody I think that it isn't worth it torturing yourself because whatever the reasons are there's nothing that you (we) can do:dunno:

Imo the only question is if you still enjoy going to gigs anyway . If the answer is yes ,well ,just keep going ,enjoy the moment and who knows you may have a good surprise the day you'll not expect it :yay:

As this tour is not like any other before I just feel that we are very lucky he didn't have to cancel any gig so far, whatever  for personal illness or more dramatic  reasons...🙏

Have a good night every one ,see you in 2020 …….with or without M&G :wink2:

• Like 6