Mika @ Il Tempo delle Donne, 16 September 2021

mellody

Mika was on Il Tempo delle Donne tonight and talked a bit about strength, virility and his last album (he introduced Blue, Platform Ballerinas and I went to hell last night). I didn't hear some bits because the stream kept interrupting, hope there'll be a replay.

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Mika IG story

242060341_840834813270511_4446527131002855819_n.jpg

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, I managed to watch last 9 minutes with Mika!

https://27esimaora.corriere.it/il-tempo-delle-donne/

He was reading lyrics of his songs translated into Italian!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mellody said:

:dunno: I can see Mika (didn't have time yet to fully watch, but it's the right video, Mika from 54:35)

Now it's a dog with a kitty :lmfao: Something is wrong with my laptop, I tried many times and there's only videos with cats :aah:

Edit: I tried now from my phone and it works, could be a link for mobile only?

Edit 2: I found the link for laptop :thumb_yello: : https://www.facebook.com/corrieredellasera/videos/3011767365767859

Screenshot (178).png

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, krysady said:

Now it's a dog with a kitty :lmfao: Something is wrong with my laptop, I tried many times and there's only videos with cats :aah:

Edit: I tried now from my phone and it works, could be a link for mobile only?

Edit 2: I found the link for laptop :thumb_yello: : https://www.facebook.com/corrieredellasera/videos/3011767365767859

Screenshot (178).png

Glad you found the right link :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yasmine951 said:

Thank you very much for the links, when he talks about blue, it was very touching. 

Yes, this part was very touching... 

Maybe this is the reason why Mika said once on the stage that "Blue" is very difficult to sing.

I thought he was talking  from a technical point of view. Which surprised me because it's not the most difficult song in Mika's repertoire. But it looks like the history of creation of this song was the correct reason. It's very much connected with his mom illness.With the moment when he and his family learnt that his mom had an Incurable brain cancer. :shocked: So it is his love letter to her.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Sad 5

Corriere TV

https://video.corriere.it/la27ora/mika-non-dimentichero-tristezza-volto-mia-madre-quando-ho-dovuto-dire-che-non-sarebbe-guarita/da480738-17a7-11ec-b2b6-639c253d3354

17 settembre 2021

Mika: «Non dimenticherò mai la tristezza sul volto di mia madre quando le ho dovuto dire che non sarebbe...

Alla serata inaugurale del Tempo delle Donne 2021, il cantautore racconta l’addio all’amata madre, scomparsa a dicembre: «Ho scritto una canzone che è una lettera d’amore alla sua anima triste. Si intitola «Blue», il colore della Vergine»

«Mi ricordo quando sono dovuto entrare nella stanza di mia madre, malata di tumore al cervello, e spiegarle cosa aveva.

Ci sono momenti nella vita in cui si devono dire cose che sono impossibili da spiegare, come “Hai questa condizione e morirai, ora dobbiamo abbandonare la speranza che tu possa guarire per vivere il tempo che ci rimane”. Non dimenticherò mai la tristezza profonda che ho visto sul volto di mia madre».

Sono le parole toccanti con cui Mika, all’inaugurazione del Tempo delle Donne 2021, ha raccontato la malattia dell’amata madre, scomparsa lo scorso dicembre.

Il cantautore, 38 anni, ha spiegato di aver scritto un brano ispirato proprio alla «tristezza profonda» che ha visto sul suo volto nel momento in cui la malattia ha preso il sopravvento.

La canzone, che si intitola “Blue”, è, nelle parole di Mika, una «lettera d’amore all’anima triste di una persona che amavo».

«So che può sembrare strano scrivere una lettera d’amore a una persona che attraversa la fase più triste, ovvero il confronto con la morte», ammette, «ma volevo riconoscere la bellezza di questa tristezza».

Il titolo è un riferimento non solo alla malinconia, ma anche a un colore che, per Mika e la sua famiglia, significa molto:

«Sono stato cresciuto con un’idea molto cattolica della sofferenza. Sono stato spesso, con mia madre, a Lourdes. E il blu è il colore della Vergine, per questo l’ho voluto mettere al centro di questa lettera d’amore».

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika: «I'll never forget the sadness on my mother's face when I had to tell her it wouldn't be ...

At the opening night of Tempo delle Donne 2021, the singer-songwriter tells his goodbye to his beloved mother, who passed away in December: "I wrote a song that is a love letter to her sad soul. It's called "Blue", the color of the Virgin "

“I remember when I had to go into my mother's room with a brain tumor and explain to her what she had.

There are times in life when things have to be said that are impossible to explain, such as "You have this condition and you will die, now we have to give up hope that you can heal to live the time we have left." I will never forget the deep sadness I saw on my mother's face. "

These are the touching words with which Mika, at the inauguration of Tempo delle Donne 2021, recounted the illness of his beloved mother, who passed away last December.

The 38-year-old singer-songwriter explained that he had written a song inspired by the "deep sadness" he saw on her face when the disease took over.

The song, which is titled "Blue", is, in Mika's words, a "love letter to the sad soul of a person I loved".

"I know it may seem strange to write a love letter to a person going through the saddest phase, that is, the confrontation with death," he admits, "but I wanted to recognize the beauty of this sadness".

The title is a reference not only to melancholy, but also to a color that, for Mika and his family, means a lot:

"I was raised with a very Catholic idea of suffering. I have often been to Lourdes with my mother. And blue is the color of the Virgin, which is why I wanted to place it at the center of this love letter ".

YouTube

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, this part was very touching... 

Maybe this is the reason why Mika said once on the stage that "Blue" is very difficult to sing.

I thought he was talking  from a technical point of view. Which surprised me because it's not the most difficult song in Mika's repertoire. But it looks like the history of creation of this song was the correct reason. It's very much connected with his mom illness.With the moment when he and his family learnt that his mom had an Incurable brain cancer. :shocked: So it is his love letter to her.

I find the whole interview very interesting and profound. :wub2:

• Like 2

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/corrieredellasera/videos/1490523057971254

«La trasformazione per me è la vera forza»: Mika al Tempo delle donne 2021

«La trasformazione per me è la forza. Vedere una situazione e poterla trasformare. Lasciare che la vita ci trasformi: questa è una cosa molto importante. Diciamo sempre "Non cambiare", alla gente. Come se fosse un complimento, ma non è un bel complimento. Infatti la trasformazione, cosciente e anche incosciente, che ti rende più forte, più resistente», dice Mika all'inaugurazione del Tempo delle donne 2021

🌸 La nuova edizione del "Tempo delle donne" si propone di decostruire il mito della "forza virile". «Chi l’ha detto che la forza è una cosa da uomini? Esiste un altro genere di forza che è fatta di flessibilità, di velocità, di coraggio, immaginazione, creatività, di equilibrio», ha spiegato Barbara Stefanelli, Vicedirettrice del @corriere. Per questo il tema del #tempodelledonne2021 è "Un altro genere di forza". Volete saperne di più? Seguite @27esimaora: nel link in bio trovate il programma completo del festival!

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

"Transformation for me is the real strength": Mika at Women's Time 2021

«Transformation for me is strength. Seeing a situation and being able to transform it. Let life transform us - this is a very important thing. We always say "Don't change" to people. Like it's a compliment, but it's not a nice compliment. In fact, the transformation, conscious and also unconscious, which makes you stronger, more resistant ", says Mika at the inauguration of Tempo delle Donne 2021

🌸 The new edition of "Women's Time" aims to deconstruct the myth of "virile strength". "Who said that strength is a thing for men? There is another kind of strength which is made up of flexibility, speed, courage, imagination, creativity, balance », explained Barbara Stefanelli, Deputy Director of the @corriere. This is why the theme of # tempodelledonne2021 is "Another kind of strength". Would you like to know more? Follow @ 27esimaora: in the link in bio you will find the complete program of the festival!

YouTube

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I found on Twitter this translation into French - what Mika said about the song Blue.

(just one thing - in the text it should be Lourdes instead of London).

Quick translation into English:

Mika on Blue yesterday: “I wanted to talk about depression, and sadness, and tears. Especially from someone in my family [...] When we found out that my mom had this very aggressive brain cancer, I always remember when I had to come into her  room and explain to her what was her illness.. and in fact, when you search ... as almost all of us have to do, there are times like this when you have to say what is impossible to say .. and what you see in front of you while you explain to a person "you have a disease, and you will die, there is no solution" so this hope of being cured, or cured in this case, we must forget, we must give up that thing there and break free from that part to find another way to survive for the time that is left, and do whatever it should be done. But what came out of her face was an expression I will never forget, because that deep sadness - for a boy who was brought up with the idea of suffering connected to a very Catholic idea...  It was .... .. so hard to see it on my own mother .. a sadness like that, this blue, this sad azure ... hum .. and I wanted to write a letter of love and gratitude also to beauty - I know that may sound strange - but, writing a love letter to someone in the saddest state a person could be... Because often we write love letters or declarations of love during "golden" periods, periods of joy ... And on the contrary I wanted to write a love letter during a period which is the most important and saddest period of life and also the confrontation of death. I used the color blue because this color - we went to Lourdes many times when I was younger, with my mother, because she took us there so many times - and therefore this blue color which was the color of Virgin is really a color that I wanted to put at the center of this love letter, to the sad soul of a person I loved ( starts to read the song in Italian)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I find the whole interview very interesting and profound. :wub2:

Exactly.

I just posted a translation of what Mika said about the song Blue.

Reading this made me even more touched and sad.

I know what he was talking about.

I had a similar situation with my dad. He was in a hospital and the doctor told me that he had a lung cancer an it's too late to do anything. And I had to tell it to my mother and my brother... and finally to my dad. He died two months later....

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I had a similar situation with my dad. He was in a hospital and the doctor told me that he had a lung cancer an it's too late to do anything. And I had to tell it to my mother and my brother... and finally to my dad. He died two months later....

I'm really sorry to hear that. :emot-sad: