2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

46 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I’ll speak to my parents over the next few day to see what they say aswell 

but I just had this thought suddenly and wanted to get an estimate/advice 

And now I’ve given myself something more to overthink and stress about fun times yay

ill be fine sorry for being annoying agian and rambling I’ll shut up 

1 hour ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Final is on the 10th  apparently 

but Wimbledon would Probally be on that weekend 

Unless the programm is realy getting belated the middle sunday is closed 

But that's interresting to know that there is the tournament at the same time .....just in case .....

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Unless the programm is realy getting belated the middle sunday is closed 

But that's interresting to know that there is the tournament at the same time .....just in case .....

Wimbledon is also a hour away from Camden I don’t think it’ll be too much on an issue 

I also don’t know anything about Wimbledon I just looked up when the final was and how far it was

2 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Wimbledon is also a hour away from Camden I don’t think it’ll be too much on an issue 

I also don’t know anything about Wimbledon I just looked up when the final was and how far it was

I went there 3 times .....but I think it was 20 years ago :rolleyes:

Don't know if there are always tickets to sell for people  queuing .....I'll have a look at their website

10 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

And now I’ve given myself something more to overthink and stress about fun times yay

Well it’s good you’re thinking about it. Honestly I would take a hotel if I were you. It may become late, not necessarily because of the show, but because of chatting with other fans afterwards. Maybe even get drinks! Who knows :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Well it’s good you’re thinking about it. Honestly I would take a hotel if I were you. It may become late, not necessarily because of the show, but because of chatting with other fans afterwards. Maybe even get drinks! Who knows :yes:

Yeah I think I’m going to do this now and also come down on the Saturday and stay overnight so I have the whole day in London amd don’t need to worry about having my luggage at the theatre 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Yeah I think I’m going to do this now and also come down on the Saturday and stay overnight so I have the whole day in London amd don’t need to worry about having my luggage at the theatre 

Hotels are just expensive now and whole,I don’t really have the money now by then I should so8 can spend it then and have it back 

does that make sense 

Just now, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Hotels are just expensive now and whole,I don’t really have the money now by then I should so8 can spend it then and have it back 

does that make sense 

Maybe the hotel prices are lower if you book a room in January? smilie_denk_09.gif

25 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Maybe the hotel prices are lower if you book a room in January? smilie_denk_09.gif

I wonder. I don’t think so, the prices I’ve seen are normal for London :facepalm: and I think that now most of the concert tickets are sold now (I assume, there are still standing places available I think), many are looking for rooms and may have already reserved some (I know I have!)

43 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

That’s a really good idea, having luggage with you at a concert is not the best idea, especially because they will be checking bags at the entrance and the bigger the bag = the longer it takes for the crowd to be able to come in (if everyone would do that I mean).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I wonder. I don’t think so, the prices I’ve seen are normal for London :facepalm: and I think that now most of the concert tickets are sold now (I assume, there are still standing places available I think), many are looking for rooms and may have already reserved some (I know I have!)

That’s a really good idea, having luggage with you at a concert is not the best idea, especially because they will be checking bags at the entrance and the bigger the bag = the longer it takes for the crowd to be able to come in (if everyone would do that I mean).

I’m Probally going to book tomorrow once my dads home or Tuesday 

I going to try the  premier inn/travelogue/holiday inn Nearby since I’d prefer a chain then somewhere random but would go random I had to 

and yeah I wouldn’t want to cause issues or a hold up 

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
  • Like 1

I’m Probally going to book tomorrow once my dads home or Tuesday 

I going to try the  premier inn/travelogue/holiday inn Nearby since I’d prefer a chain then somewhere random but would go random I had to 

and yeah I wouldn’t want to cause issues or a hold up 

I'm thinking of staying at the Travelodge near London Euston.  Stayed there before for concerts and it's only three tube stops away from the Roundhouse, so it's another option if you're looking for somewhere to stay close by. :original:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I'm thinking of staying at the Travelodge near London Euston.  Stayed there before for concerts and it's only three tube stops away from the Roundhouse, so it's another option if you're looking for somewhere to stay close by. :original:

I found a holiday inn that is  a 5 minute walk from the Roundhouse plus theirs plenty of options around. I have seen that travelodge too

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Is it normally that expensive in London? Most places near the roundhouse are over £100 per night! Might have to look further out and get the tube in.

Michelle where have you reserved? 

London is very Expensive so be prepared to pay like £100-£150 a night anywhere in London will be that price probally

there's some that are cheaper but there also probably awful or  hostels 

that might be harsh their proally are cheepr places to stay aswell that are nice

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

Is it normally that expensive in London? Most places near the roundhouse are over £100 per night! Might have to look further out and get the tube in.

Michelle where have you reserved? 

It unfortunately it truly is that expensive :facepalm: and I already saw many affordable options are already gone… Guess all filled with Mika fans :wink2:

I found an apartment for rent nearby with Erik. Yes; he’s coming as well!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It unfortunately it truly is that expensive :facepalm: and I already saw many affordable options are already gone… Guess all filled with Mika fans :wink2:

I found an apartment for rent nearby with Erik. Yes; he’s coming as well!! 

Yeah I've found some places that arnt too far as I dont want more then half hour walk and their are some nice places around that arnt Hostels 

(The holiday inn in close by was over £500 so not doing that)

12 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

there's some that are cheaper but there also probably awful or  hostels 

that might be harsh their proally are cheepr places to stay aswell that are nice

A friend if mine once stayed in a themed hostel, near King's Cross I think, he was in the Doctor Who dorm while some others were in the Disney Princess dorm! 😆

I've had a look at some places but I don't think I'll book just yet, when I go to London I usually stay in a guest house in Paddington, fingers crossed I can get a room there again! 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

A friend if mine once stayed in a themed hostel, near King's Cross I think, he was in the Doctor Who dorm while some others were in the Disney Princess dorm! 😆

I've had a look at some places but I don't think I'll book just yet, when I go to London I usually stay in a guest house in Paddington, fingers crossed I can get a room there again! 🤞🏻

Wait if there's a doctor who themed Hostel I would actually stay there

• Haha 3

I found a holiday inn that is  a 5 minute walk from the Roundhouse plus theirs plenty of options around. I have seen that travelodge too

Oh, well that's even more ideal - hopefully you can get a room there! I'm hoping to stay at a more central base as I'm planning to do some sightseeing, but also one that isn't too far away from the venue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Oh, well that's even more ideal - hopefully you can get a room there! I'm hoping to stay at a more central base as I'm planning to do some sightseeing, but also one that isn't too far away from the venue.

The holiday inn turns out to be over £500 so maybe not

But I have found another thats not to far and only £200 and doesn't look to bad

I'll do Some sightseeing but London isn't that special to me since I only moved away this year 

Maybe Id go to the zoo If i didn't do anything else but Im sure I would plus Zoo isnt that intreasting

I dont remember why I was editing now - it was the zoo comment
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Wait if there's a doctor who themed Hostel I would actually stay there

I've been trying to look for the hostel but I can't find it anywhere, I wonder if it's sadly closed down due to the pandemic 🤔

I did come across a hostel called Clink78 though, it's a renovated court house with prison cell dorms! So if your friends ask where you stayed in London, you can say "I spent the night in a cell!" - arrested for stalking Mika after the concert! :lmfao:

No handcuffs necessary! 

(or are they :teehee:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4