2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've been trying to look for the hostel but I can't find it anywhere, I wonder if it's sadly closed down due to the pandemic 🤔

I did come across a hostel called Clink78 though, it's a renovated court house with prison cell dorms! So if your friends ask where you stayed in London, you can say "I spent the night in a cell!" - arrested for stalking Mika after the concert! :lmfao:

No handcuffs necessary! 

(or are they :teehee:)

I think I've seen that one but I'm good. The brittnana one looks reasonable so I will probally go with that one  

as for the the Handcuffs - No comment

• Haha 4

My problem with booking accommodation is also that we don't know if we might do something on Sunday and then I might also need accommodation for Sunday to Monday. Of course, the Thames trip is just an idea at the moment, but if we don't do that on Sunday, we might do something else. :dunno_grin:

Friday probably not, because people work then rather than on Sunday and they also have to come to London. smilie_denk_46.gif

Just now, Prisca said:

My problem with booking accommodation is also that we don't know if we might do something on Sunday and then I might also need accommodation for Sunday to Monday. Of course, the Thames trip is just an idea at the moment, but if we don't do that on Sunday, we might do something else. :dunno_grin:

Friday probably not, because people work then rather than on Sunday and they also have to come to London. smilie_denk_46.gif

Im getting Saturday to Monday but i guess its easier for me since I live in the UK im not worried about flights 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Im getting Saturday to Monday but i guess its easier for me since I live in the UK im not worried about flights 

Ah, 3 July is a Sunday. I thought it was a Saturday, I don't know how I got it. :doh:

Then maybe we could do something together on Saturday. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Prisca said:

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ah, 3 July is a Sunday. I thought it was a Saturday, I don't know how I got it. :doh:

Then maybe we could do something together on Saturday. :dunno_grin:

Well, it's still 7 months away, but of course, the wheels are already turning... :teehee:

Since next year in the MFC's 15th anniversary, and since this London show may be the biggest gathering of Mika fans we'll see in 2022, I think we just might have to plan a party... I mean, come on! Aren't we always ready for a party? :partytime:

Like I said, it's a bit too early to say anything definite, but we can certainly start talking about it!

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Well, it's still 7 months away, but of course, the wheels are already turning... :teehee:

Since next year in the MFC's 15th anniversary, and since this London show may be the biggest gathering of Mika fans we'll see in 2022, I think we just might have to plan a party... I mean, come on! Aren't we always ready for a party? :partytime:

Like I said, it's a bit too early to say anything definite, but we can certainly start talking about it!

I said something the other day about hoping this year will be good for Mika since its 15 years for Grace Kelly and first finding fame hence hoping a lot of tiurs new music and maybe even singing songs live he doesnt normally do

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

No handcuffs necessary! 

(or are they :teehee:)

Wearing or wielding? 🤔 :teehee:

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I found an apartment for rent nearby with Erik. Yes; he’s coming as well!! 

Back to yours for the after-party then! :naughty:

I was thinking about an apartment, they seem good value compared to hotel rooms. 

19 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:yay:A party weekend in London sounds great, bring it on! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Did someone say party? 🎉🎉🎉 I’m ready!!! I’m soooo ready!!!

So…Saturday before the gig? :biggrin2: I can party alllll day, will arrive in the early morning :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

So…Saturday before the gig? :biggrin2: I can party alllll day, will arrive in the early morning :lol:

Id Probally leave around 9 and get there for 1 but idk yet

Im not much of a partier tho so depends if id join tbf

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Aren't you rolling in from your cousin's? :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Id Probally leave around 9 and get there for 1 but idk yet

Yeah I find parties difficult, usually a wallflower, but you know what? I went to the pre party in Paris and it was great. So many lovely people just glad to see you and wanting to have fun. 

I'm usually quiet, but fair warning to everyone, after a couple of drinks and in the right circumstances... there's a lot of pent up partying to release! :insane::cheer::pbjt:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm not much of a party goer either but I'm not totally averse to them, (I'm usually that person who sits in a corner with the hosts pets 😅), especially when there's plenty of Mika fans around and non stop Mika music! 

Good food and drink help keep a party going too, so if I'm not hogging someone's dog you'll find me... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

As Deb says, it's still early - but in general, as it's a standing gig, I suppose any MFC activities will happen on Saturday, because on Sunday many of us will be queueing. :dunno_grin:

Yeah I think it would be too much to have a meet up on the concert day, and the day after some people might be leaving for home (I probably will). The day before is fine for me but I might not get into London 'till 2-3pm, so maybe an evening meet up?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

8 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm not much of a party goer either but I'm not totally averse to them, (I'm usually that person who sits in a corner with the hosts pets 😅), especially when there's plenty of Mika fans around and non stop Mika music!

Well, actually what @Herosays is true:

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yeah I find parties difficult, usually a wallflower, but you know what? I went to the pre party in Paris and it was great. So many lovely people just glad to see you and wanting to have fun. 

I would say the parties (yeah we had two!) in Paris were very inclusive and fun. We were all in a great mood and there was room for every language and truly everybody. The only thing we didn’t make and allow room for, was negative judgement :wink2: 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

As Deb says, it's still early - but in general, as it's a standing gig, I suppose any MFC activities will happen on Saturday, because on Sunday many of us will be queueing. :dunno_grin:

I guess I'll be a lone stander finding stuff to do on the sunday lol

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

I'm usually quiet, but fair warning to everyone, after a couple of drinks and in the right circumstances... there's a lot of pent up partying to release! :insane::cheer::pbjt:

Im sure Id enjoy a party with the right people and if im not being forced/pressured into drinking  cause Im a lightweight so wouldn't go overbored 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Im sure Id enjoy a party with the right people and if im not being forced/pressured into drinking  cause Im a lightweight so wouldn't go overbored 

I actually don’t drink alcohol, I’m a lightweight as well (and genetically challenged: I can’t process alcohol very efficiently, so I’m basically instantly drunk :facepalm: or as my husband calls it: a cheap date :lol:). But don’t feel pressured to drink alcohol, I stick with water! And I know many don’t drink.

• Like 6

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

I actually don’t drink alcohol, I’m a lightweight as well (and genetically challenged: I can’t process alcohol very efficiently, so I’m basically instantly drunk :facepalm: or as my husband calls it: a cheap date :lol:). But don’t feel pressured to drink alcohol, I stick with water! And I know many don’t drink.

I'll happily have one or 2 normally J20 with some vodka or something but yeah not everyone drinks 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait, so you couldn't have a glass of Mika's champagne? :sad:

Edited by Hero
  • Like 1

MFC is a NO PRESSURE Zone! You don't have to come to the party if you don't want to, and you certainly don't have to drink (alcohol) if you don't want to!

I know you don't believe me, but I'm actually quite quiet, but you all are my people, right? You all speak my language (Mika-ese?) and I'm comfortable around you, so it's not the same as an awkward party situation -- like when I go to my one of my husband's work do's and I know I will have very little in common with most people there.

In any case, I'm not sure yet what form the "party" will take -- probably Saturday, but we'll see...

• Like 6

Okay, I just reserved a room at the Nox Hotel Belsize Park for 3 nights, arriving Friday. Less than £350 with good reviews, so fingers crossed! It's in the next area north of Camden, a short (ish) walk up the road from Roundhouse. 

It's free cancellation until 29th June, so I can change if something better comes up. :cheer:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

Okay, I just reserved a room at the Nox Hotel Belsize Park for 3 nights, arriving Friday. Less than £350 with good reviews, so fingers crossed! It's in the next area north of Camden, a short (ish) walk up the road from Roundhouse. 

It's free cancellation until 29th June, so I can change if something better comes up. :cheer:

I think I'm going to go with the Britannia it looks reasonable and its only £200 (£220 with breakfast) and is only a 10 min walk 

tho might check that one out too since I'm not making a decision yet

The Nex is pretty much the same price for the two nights which is what I'm doing so both are good options

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

I saw that hotel too, I think it looked really good! But decided to go with the apartment that is even closer by ☺️

• Like 1