2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

Just now, silver said:

Giraffes - quokkas - camels - you do realise that by next July he will be into something completely different? 

Well, he is already since last spring into camels, let's hope it remains like that until next summer. :pray:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

I think you are completely crazy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd better try and find quokkas pijamas 

😄😄😄😄

Got you covered, take your pick! 😆

Quokka_78058_480x@2x.thumb.jpg.529a47cb576e2ef8a6fc1fa1873cabe2.jpg

2139175342_71PfVKIAJL._AC_UX425_.thumb.jpg.669e8359abbee82ad62b8582937ecc65.jpg

black-pyjamas-with-quokka-and-back-applique.thumb.jpeg.2b1ec002b452ddf3b863c9e2ebbe3dd6.jpeg

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

1 they exist!

2 you already had those saved, didn't you? :naughty:

Just call me a pyjama ninja!

In a ninja onesie!!! :lol:

adult-unisex-ninja-onesie.thumb.jpg.2c7ad040743402e8da49c5d5c0449d75.jpg

Back to camels for a moment, I was looking into possible camel gifts for Mika and actual real camels that win the Abu Dhabi beauty contest can sell between $1 million to $7 million dollars! :jawdrop:

So I found this brooch instead, it's ONLY $395!!! 😅

Q012905-1100x1376h.thumb.jpeg.b4eac52f85fa712dcedf78187e1d3a34.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Back to camels for a moment, I was looking into possible camel gifts for Mika and actual real camels that win the Abu Dhabi beauty contest can sell between $1 million to $7 million dollars! :jawdrop:

Yes, and people even inject camels with Botox to make them look more beautiful. :no:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/08/camels-enhanced-with-botox-barred-from-saudi-beauty-contest

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

real camels that win the Abu Dhabi beauty contest

Yes this is a real thing.

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

between $1 million to $7 million dollars! :jawdrop:

So I found this brooch instead, it's ONLY $395!!! 😅

Yes I have expensive taste! 😅

Sadly I can not afford a beautiful camel ☹

• Haha 3

Just now, Prisca said:

Yes, and people even inject camels with Botox to make them look more beautiful. :no:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/08/camels-enhanced-with-botox-barred-from-saudi-beauty-contest

I saw this. It is so sad how the camels are treated, they're just seen as money makers for this competition. If the men can make a good sale it's a win for them not the camel 😔

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I saw this. It is so sad how the camels are treated, they're just seen as money makers for this competition. If the men can make a good sale it's a win for them not the camel 😔

Yeah I wouldn’t want to ride a camel same with a donkey or elephant  it’s not Exacly the most ethical but it’s money from tourism

i woukd by camel clothes tho I join in wearing camel stuff yo Mika 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Yeah I wouldn’t want to ride a camel same with a donkey or elephant

Don't even get me started on beach donkeys! I absolutely hate it when grown adults are seen struggling to get on one. One day I would love to rescue donkeys myself! And also see elephants in the wild, where they belong. 

8 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I woukd by camel clothes tho I join in wearing camel stuff yo Mika 

I do actually quite like the camel dresses I shared, might go for one, might not, we'll see 😅

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

I dunno, he's used to Chopard brooches now.. :naughty:

Chopard have an entire Animal World collection, which contains no camels! :sneaky2:

The prices though, their small brooches start at around £1200!

And by small I mean 2cm big, so imagine how much the larger ones cost!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Chopard have an entire Animal World collection, which contains no camels! :sneaky2:

The prices though, their small brooches start at around £1200!

And by small I mean 2cm big, so imagine how much the larger ones cost!!

He had a bodyguard during the Chopard gigs for a reason.

Yeah the brooch had a bodyguard, not Mika. We may be crazy, but we’re not malicious. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He had a bodyguard during the Chopard gigs for a reason.

Yeah the brooch had a bodyguard, not Mika. We may be crazy, but we’re not malicious. 

Weren't you one of the gang planning the heist? :teehee:

Speaking of security (and possibly dragging this thread somewhat back on topic, sorry mods!) is Camden generally a safe area? Any spots to avoid?

4 hours ago, Prisca said:

Human beings who do such things to animals should be changed into animals themselves because animals have more good sense and would never do anything that stupid :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hero said:

Speaking of security (and possibly dragging this thread somewhat back on topic, sorry mods!) is Camden generally a safe area? Any spots to avoid?

Up until the pandemic hit I've been going to Camden every year since 2011, never had a problem with people around me. Shop keepers are friendly. The market areas can get very busy especially on a nice sun-shiny day, so it's best to keep your bag close at hand, sadly there's always going to be pick pockets around. But I've never had trouble with that myself.

The shops along the high street need to be kept in check though, they're notorious for selling fake goods. Some shop keepers will do there best to convince you to buy that dubious looking Louis Vuitton bag! (and I may have fallen victim to this a few years ago, I have learned my lesson since 😅).

Some back alleys near the edge of town are best avoided after midnight, but there are some good clubs open late (Koko is pretty good 😁)  again with friendly staff.

There is also a park in Camden not far from the Amy Winehouse foundation house and that's a lovely spot for a midday walk. 

I've never lived in Camden so I can't say much more than that. But really there's always going to be areas of towns/cities all across the UK that have their bad spots.

If there's anyone who knows more about Camden please share! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who hasn't been to Camden before you should probably know that everyone there speaks in a very strong cockney accent and all talk in cockney rhyming slang. 

So listen with your Lords and peers my lovely china plate, there'll be no bananarama while you're spending bread and honey in a bottle of pop, we'll have a right do, a proper hale and hearty, in a good Rub-a-dub, down the pond and toad, you're welcome to Rosy lee or a cow and calf if you prefer but for food a Ruby Murray will do. It'll be a right giraffe, then we'll meet Mika for a for a knees up and a ding-dong! 😄

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
spelling
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

For anyone who hasn't been to Camden before you should probably know that everyone there speaks in a very strong cockney accent and all talk in cockney rhyming slang. 

So listen with your Lords and peers my lovely china plate, there'll be no bananarama while you're spending bread and honey in a bottle of pop, we'll have a right do, a proper hale and hearty, in a good Rub-a-dub, down the pond and toad, you're welcome to Rosy lee or a cow and calf if you prefer but for food a Ruby murry will do. It'll be a right giraffe, then we'll meet Mika for a for a knees up and a ding-dong! 😄

I see I can't walk around Camden on my own or I'll be all the time: :blink:   :shocked:. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

So listen with your Lords and peers my lovely china plate, there'll be no bananarama while you're spending bread and honey in a bottle of pop, we'll have a right do, a proper hale and hearty, in a good Rub-a-dub, down the pond and toad, you're welcome to Rosy lee or a cow and calf if you prefer but for food a Ruby murry will do. It'll be a right giraffe, then we'll meet Mika for a for a knees up and a ding-dong! 😄

:glasses3:

• Haha 3