2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

I was thinking about "pyjamas fan action" and - let's wait for US concerts to know the setlist.

We can bring upper parts of pyjamas with us (wrapped around our hips for example) and put them on at a specific moment. So in a few seconds the venue can become a pyjamas party ballroom.

We can even throw a pyjamas top on the stage - for Mika :roll1:

image.thumb.png.f42a8b68f1c5d7e19a40acfe841c4994.png

image.thumb.png.a56cf0e20927c1ecbfea706d522d5e35.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This fanaction would be successful if the entire venue would be filled with MFCers, otherwise only a few people here and there won't have the same impact. Fan actions are spectacular when almost everyone is taking part, and would be impossible to hand to the entire venue pajamas :dunno_grin:

4 hours ago, krysady said:

This fanaction would be successful if the entire venue would be filled with MFCers, otherwise only a few people here and there won't have the same impact. Fan actions are spectacular when almost everyone is taking part, and would be impossible to hand to the entire venue pajamas :dunno_grin:

Don't underestimate the number of MFCers in London :wink2:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

OK, I'm trying to catch up and I've just scrolled through several pages of pajamas, quokkas, camels, and more, reconfirming what I already knew -- you lot are NUTZ!  :insane:

:lol3:

ANYHOW...

On 12/24/2021 at 4:31 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

At least we know there's an excellent dog friendly pub we could all meet up at in Camden! 😁

This is the Camden Beer Hall, only a 10 minute walk from the Roundhouse!

Who knows we might bump into Mika there! 

On 12/24/2021 at 5:30 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh that looks good!!! Also the food! Good location for a MFC party on the Saturday evening@dcdeb?

This does look interesting indeed! Adding it to the list of possibilities... which is ENDLESS! :wootjump:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Their website states that events are being sold at full capacity, up to 3000 people for the main space (the Philharmonie is 2400). Ticket master currently only has 2 tickets available, on resale, so it's pretty much sold out. Currently 62 MFCers have rsvp'd. In Paris there were nearly 200 over both nights.

We'll be a smaller group in the crowd and circle. But we can be organised for some fun. :biggrin2:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Their website states that events are being sold at full capacity, up to 3000 people for the main space (the Philharmonie is 2400). Ticket master currently only has 2 tickets available, on resale, so it's pretty much sold out. Currently 62 MFCers have rsvp'd. In Paris there were nearly 200 over both nights.

We'll be a smaller group in the crowd and circle. But we can be organised for some fun. :biggrin2:

I forgot to rsvp :doh:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, I'm trying to catch up and I've just scrolled through several pages of pajamas, quokkas, camels, and more, reconfirming what I already knew -- you lot are NUTZ!  :insane:

:lol3:

ANYHOW...

This does look interesting indeed! Adding it to the list of possibilities... which is ENDLESS! :wootjump:

We are NUTZ as you think we are, we are golden, we are golden :donkey:

:lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've mentioned before about doing a flower themed fan action because the tour is called "Rite of Spring", and now I have a new idea for people like me sitting in the balcony. 

Anyone who has balcony seats could throw down paper petals like these during a particular song. 

download.jpeg.302a110ce709dc5513157d250f37c263.jpeg

Using lots of different colours and getting a lot of fans to do this, I can imagine it would be very effective and also so pretty!

It's just a matter of whether this would be allowed though, at the end if the day it would be someone's job to clear them up 😅

I still think anything definite should wait until he starts in North America, but what do y'all think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've mentioned before about doing a flower themed fan action because the tour is called "Rite of Spring", and now I have a new idea for people like me sitting in the balcony. 

Anyone who has balcony seats could throw down paper petals like these during a particular song. 

download.jpeg.302a110ce709dc5513157d250f37c263.jpeg

Using lots of different colours and getting a lot of fans to do this, I can imagine it would be very effective and also so pretty!

It's just a matter of whether this would be allowed though, at the end if the day it would be someone's job to clear them up 😅

I still think anything definite should wait until he starts in North America, but what do y'all think?

It's a nice idea, but probably wouldn't be appreciated by the venue. As you say, someone would have to clean up afterwards, and MFC doesn't exactly have a fund for janitorial expenses. :wink2: 

Have you seen this thread?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hero said:

It's a nice idea, but probably wouldn't be appreciated by the venue. As you say, someone would have to clean up afterwards, and MFC doesn't exactly have a fund for janitorial expenses. :wink2: 

It's just something to think about, I'd hate for MFC to be charged for cleaning up! For any large fan actions, the Roundhouse will have to be contacted anyway to get their go ahead. My idea has helped me with deciding something for my outfit though... :fisch:

And speaking of outfits...

1 hour ago, Hero said:

More camels. :naughty:

1391941994_aldrx1700front-c1851037501000-bgf8f8f8_u2.thumb.jpg.248be4781847c311a9a7091bc3d4c430.jpg

I really like this one!

• Like 2

Umm. So this is going to mark me out as a clueless newbie, but... what do people normally wear to Mika gigs? Casual and comfortable, T shirt, shorts/leggings/jeans, trainers? That kind of thing? 

Also, do any of the experienced fans have any tips about queuing? 

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

Umm. So this is going to mark me out as a clueless newbie, but... what do people normally wear to Mika gigs? Casual and comfortable, T shirt, shorts/leggings/jeans, trainers? That kind of thing? 

Also, do any of the experienced fans have any tips about queuing? 

People like to dress up, but quite honestly you are better wearing comfortable clothes and definitely comfortable shoes (you will be wearing them all day in the queue, and then you have to dance).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

what do people normally wear to Mika gigs? Casual and comfortable, T shirt, shorts/leggings/jeans, trainers? That kind of thing? 

Definitely going for comfortable clothes for the gig. Plan on buying a new short dress (yet to decide on colour/print) with a collar so I can wear my lollipop pin badge, might wear tights (got my eye on a pair that have an owl design 🦉), sparkly converse shoes, rainbow handbag and one of my Mika watches (maybe both, one on each wrist? 🤔😅).

I know it's not guaranteed to meet Mika after the gig but I would like to bring something for him to sign if I get the chance, the only thing that's bothering me is whether to bring a tote bag. I'm just not sure where I'd put it???

Anyone have experience of carrying or where to put bags at a gig?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Definitely going for comfortable clothes for the gig. Plan on buying a new short dress (yet to decide on colour/print) with a collar so I can wear my lollipop pin badge, might wear tights (got my eye on a pair that have an owl design 🦉), sparkly converse shoes, rainbow handbag and one of my Mika watches (maybe both, one on each wrist? 🤔😅).

I know it's not guaranteed to meet Mika after the gig but I would like to bring something for him to sign if I get the chance, the only thing that's bothering me is whether to bring a tote bag. I'm just not sure where I'd put it???

Anyone have experience of carrying or where to put bags at a gig?

I always carry bags with me at gigs. In some venues you can get inside with bags (best use a small backpack if you plan to dance) At some other venues they keep your stuff for you but you have to pay a bit. There is some information regarding Roundhouse here  https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/your-visit/

• Like 3