2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

Not much info on their site beyond yes, we have a cloakroom!

Found this on London News site:

The cloakroom is on Level 0 in the foyer. It opens an hour before performances start and there is a small charge per item.

A variety of items can be stored, but visitors are asked not to bring large bags and suitcases which can't be brought into the Main Space.

During winter months the cloakroom is often full by 8.30pm.

Bicycles can not be left in the cloakroom.

And a TripAdvisor reviewer said the wait for the cloakroom before and after the gig was the worst she'd experienced in London. That was in Feb 2019

I'm thinking be minimal, bring only the essentials, and have lots of pockets. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, silver said:

but these days they prefer you to have something smaller (easier to search, I guess).

My rainbow handbag is just big enough (or small enough) for my phone and a purse, and being a shoulder bag it won't get in the way. I think I'll decide more about an extra tote nearer the time, but if I do bring one I guess I could keep it close to my seat so I'm not holding it all the time 🤔

We shall see. 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

My bicycle can't be left in the cloakroom. :jawdrop:      :teehee:

My camel can't be left in the cloakroom either! :no:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Hero said:

and have lots of pockets. 

Why is it that so much of women's fashion choices don't come with pockets?! Or if they do the pockets are often fake, I hate this so much! 😡

And yet men's jackets and trousers are full of pockets!

If I want to bring quite a few things to the gig I could always go for something like this though! 😅

813K7cdRq8L._AC_UX679_.thumb.jpg.79d5a589de7a1bf55a5460233dd61403.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Why is it that so much of women's fashion choices don't come with pockets?! Or if they do the pockets are often fake, I hate this so much! 😡

Oh, my coat in Paris had enough pockets. Ask the security guards at the Philharmonie in Paris. :blush:  :doh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's so annoying. Fake pockets are the worst.

And yet men's jackets and trousers are full of pockets!

I guess, there's nothing stopping us from wearing men's clothing? 

If I want to bring quite a few things to the gig I could always go for something like this though! 😅

813K7cdRq8L._AC_UX679_.thumb.jpg.79d5a589de7a1bf55a5460233dd61403.jpg

I... actually quite like that. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Why not? :blink:

I really wanted to put my bicycle in the cloakroom. :crybaby:

:itsok:

From the Roundhouse:

There are a few bike locking points provided by Camden Council directly outside the venue and some near Chalk Farm station. Because of space constraints we aren’t able to store bikes in our cloakroom.

:wink2:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hero said:

:itsok:

From the Roundhouse:

There are a few bike locking points provided by Camden Council directly outside the venue and some near Chalk Farm station. Because of space constraints we aren’t able to store bikes in our cloakroom.

:wink2:

Ok, after the 66-hour ride on my bike (according to Google, which doesn't know my fitness at all :teehee:), I can park my bike at a locking point in front of the venue? smilie_denk_09.gif     :taz:

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, after the 66-hour ride on my bike (according to Google, which doesn't know my fitness at all :teehee:), I can park my bike at a locking point in front of the venue? smilie_denk_09.gif     :taz:

:lol3:

66 hours? Is that non stop? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hero said:

I guess, there's nothing stopping us from wearing men's clothing? 

I actually do! Not all the time, but I have men's jeans, waistcoats, a jumper and a jacket (with plenty of pockets!).

• Like 2

Just wondering, are there any common dance moves that fans do to Mika songs? This would be useful info to have in advance of the gig. 

Or is it more a case of, just try and stay upright in the crowd. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 10:02 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Yeah the brooch had a bodyguard, not Mika. We may be crazy, but we’re not malicious. 

I've only just understood this now after watching Il Testimone last night!

(What a documentary!)

Best stay away from Mika's jewellery then! :lol3:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Hero said:

Just wondering, are there any common dance moves that fans do to Mika songs? This would be useful info to have in advance of the gig. 

Or is it more a case of, just try and stay upright in the crowd. :lmfao:

You could always try the iconic 'Relax' jump, while trying not to kick the person next to you though!

I think most people will be jumping and clapping (or fainting, I'm looking at you @holdingyourdrink :naughty:).

Best just to try and stay upright throughout!

• Haha 3

Mostly to seated people but does anyone whose not queuing have plans for what they are doing during the day on Sunday 

I’m Probally just meeting a friend who will Probally be living in London by then but if not I’ll Probally ethier see if others are doing anything or just shop 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, BeccaStardust said:

Mostly to seated people but does anyone whose not queuing have plans for what they are doing during the day on Sunday 

I’m Probally just meeting a friend who will Probally be living in London by then but if not I’ll Probally ethier see if others are doing anything or just shop 

At the moment I'm not too sure what I'll be doing before the concert. It depends where I'll be staying. If I get a room in Camden then I'd like to go shopping there in the markets, but if I'm further away (say more than 30 minutes by tube), I probably won't go into Camden 'till nearer the time of the gig. If that happens then I'm thinking around 4pm.

It's something I'll think about nearer the time I guess. ^_^

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

At the moment I'm not too sure what I'll be doing before the concert. It depends where I'll be staying. If I get a room in Camden then I'd like to go shopping there in the markets, but if I'm further away (say more than 30 minutes by tube), I probably won't go into Camden 'till nearer the time of the gig. If that happens then I'm thinking around 4pm.

It's something I'll think about nearer the time I guess. ^_^

I’ve booked a hotel 10 min from the theatre so planned to go around the markets but there’s a sci fi shop about a 20 mins train ride that I like to go to when I’m in London so will Probally head down there too 

but yeah I know London reasonably well so it’s not an issue too much what I do as I can work the timings okay 

it’s tempting to go to the zoo as I don’t think ive ever been London zoo but also seems stupid 

Tbf it all depends of I meet up with my friend or not who will Probally be living in Shepherd’s Bush then 

but I was just wondering 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:24 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've mentioned before about doing a flower themed fan action because the tour is called "Rite of Spring", and now I have a new idea for people like me sitting in the balcony. 

Anyone who has balcony seats could throw down paper petals like these during a particular song. 

download.jpeg.302a110ce709dc5513157d250f37c263.jpeg

Using lots of different colours and getting a lot of fans to do this, I can imagine it would be very effective and also so pretty!

It's just a matter of whether this would be allowed though, at the end if the day it would be someone's job to clear them up 😅

I was thinking more about my fan action idea and a way to make it less likely to make a mess at the venue. Instead of dropping loose petals down from the balcony seats, petal garlands could be used instead. Like the one below:

20220106_204116.thumb.png.c9657896b7cc255ef61febba859ab8d8.png

Fans in the balcony seats can just hold onto the garlands over the railings and let them sway along to a particular Mika song.

This way the garlands can be brought back up and tucked away back into bags!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

Any info about the required conditions to enter UK from abroad? 

From what I know currently it’s being double vaccinated (idk if booster is required ) from some countries (I don’t know which ) I think you still have to quarantine for a bit 

I’m not 100% sure as I havnt looked on a while tho plus it’s Probally subject to change by July 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

From what I know currently it’s being double vaccinated (idk if booster is required ) from some countries (I don’t know which ) I think you still have to quarantine for a bit 

I’m not 100% sure as I havnt looked on a while tho plus it’s Probally subject to change by July 

Thanks! I've heard it was required a quarantine and now a PCR test 2 days after entering UK. For sure things will change, but I'm afraid in worse, I see everywhere restrictions are back.

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Thanks! I've heard it was required a quarantine and now a PCR test 2 days after entering UK. For sure things will change, but I'm afraid in worse, I see everywhere restrictions are back.

Hopefully stronger restrictions now mean they can be eased by the summer. That's how it seemed to work last year. 🤞

• Like 2