2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Any of you staying at the St Christopher's Inn Camden or the Smart Camden Inn Hostel, or nearby? I don't mind hostels, as I need to save money, and these have good reviews and are rather cheap, and not too far from the venue. Just asking because if I'm staying there I'd love to share an Uber / taxi or walk together with others, so I won't have to go alone at night.

There is a hostel right across from the venue, but that's about twice the price.

I would, but I'm booked into the Nox Belsize which is a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction. The Smart Inn looks decent, though. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mellody said:

Any of you staying at the St Christopher's Inn Camden or the Smart Camden Inn Hostel, or nearby? I don't mind hostels, as I need to save money, and these have good reviews and are rather cheap, and not too far from the venue. Just asking because if I'm staying there I'd love to share an Uber / taxi or walk together with others, so I won't have to go alone at night.

There is a hostel right across from the venue, but that's about twice the price.

Hy Mellody !

I sent you a private message in Facebook ;) 

If I don't find out before the London gig, then I'm going to hang this as a banner over the balcony railing! :lol3:

sketch-1645734434945.thumb.png.dbad31b79bb96bddc4d693c989a65855.png

I'm not used to European sizes, UK are different, 43.5 is a 10 here, that's big to me, I'm surprised people think that's small! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm not used to European sizes, UK are different, 43.5 is a 10 here, that's big to me, I'm surprised people think that's small! 

I read this shoe size of Mika's here a while ago on the MFC forum, and I also thought this: what Mika has with his height only a shoe size of 43.5? :blink:My brother is only 1.72 cm (5.6 feet) and his shoe size is 43. Ok, admittedly for his height my brother has a pretty big shoe size. :lol3: My brother's friends, who are about as tall as Mika, have a shoe size of 45. His friend, who I think is about 2.01 m, has a shoe size of 46. I would also have thought that Mika has about that shoe size and not only 43.5. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I read this shoe size of Mika's here a while ago on the MFC forum, and I also thought this: what Mika has with his height only a shoe size of 43.5? :blink:My brother is only 1.72 cm (5.6 feet) and his shoe size is 43. Ok, admittedly for his height my brother has a pretty big shoe size. :lol3: My brother's friends, who are about as tall as Mika, have a shoe size of 45. His friend, who I think is about 2.01 m, has a shoe size of 46. I would also have thought that Mika has about that shoe size and not only 43.5. :biggrin2:

What I can gather from this information is that men have big feet! 😁

I'm 5.7 feet tall but with a shoe size of 40 (UK 7), I don't think that's too bad for my height, but I've had friends say I have big feet! :sneaky2:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm 5.7 feet tall but with a shoe size of 40 (UK 7), I don't think that's too bad for my height, but I've had friends say I have big feet! :sneaky2:

I'm 5.3 feet tall and have a shoe size of 40 (UK 7 in that case :biggrin2:), so don't worry. My big toe is almost 2 centimetres longer than the second toe, that's why. :wink2:

• Like 1

I’m  small 5”0 and size 3 shoe which is hard as that’s both an adults and kids size and they don’t make many of ethier so fun 

also wanted to ask to people seated, does anyone have plans for what your doing on the Sunday before the show, I’m going round the city but wanted to see if others were doing stuff too or just planning to stay nearby the theatehr (I know it’s early) 

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

My ex boyfriend is 1.93m tall and had shoe size 43, so it is actually possible :wink2: and both another ex boyfriend of mine and my husband are 1.80m tall and also have shoe size 43 - I actually pick my men based on their shoe size, have you noticed? :lol3:

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

My ex boyfriend is 1.93m tall and had shoe size 43, so it is actually possible :wink2: and both another ex boyfriend of mine and my husband are 1.80m tall and also have shoe size 43 - I actually pick my men based on their shoe size, have you noticed? :lol3:

I was thinking you liked men you could look up to. :naughty:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

What I can gather from this information is that men have big feet! 😁

You know what they say... big feet... big... shoes. :lol3:

54 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

46 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I'm 5.3 feet tall and have a shoe size of 40 (UK 7 in that case :biggrin2:), so don't worry. My big toe is almost 2 centimetres longer than the second toe, that's why. :wink2:

Another member of the UK 7 club here. Or I can do 6.5 in a wide fit. No special reason, I'm just big. Must be the ox in me. :naughty:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Prisca said:

16 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If I don't find out before the London gig, then I'm going to hang this as a banner over the balcony railing! :lol3:

sketch-1645734434945.thumb.png.dbad31b79bb96bddc4d693c989a65855.png

And the answer is : 43,5.

Here is a photo of Mika's shoes template from Louboutin.

It's really not big for a guy of 193 cm. My brother is 170 and he wears shoes 41-42.

image.thumb.png.74aed3008b8c15566295328ccc6f4f38.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4

On 2/25/2022 at 12:39 AM, Hero said:

I was thinking you liked men you could look up to. :naughty:

Being as short as I am….I guess it makes me not picky :lol3: that’s why I have the shoe size as a criteria! 

20 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's really not big for a guy of 193 cm. My brother is 170 and he wears shoes 41-42.

Yeah, this is the picture I have seen, too! As maybe somewhat suggested in the IG Live, I don’t think he has any reason to not tell the truth about his shoe size. 

I mean, who looks down anyway? I will be concentrated enough in cranking my neck in the upwards position, if I would look down it would cause me a whiplash :biggrin2:

• Haha 4

On 2/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Gosh, I'm already wearing a 43 for my winter boots, hubby's shoe size is 45 - I really don't get how Mika could think his feet are too big. :dunno: MY feet are big, for a woman. I see that every time I try to buy shoes. If Mika was wearing shoes a size smaller, I wonder if there even are a lot of men's shoes in 42.5? Or maybe he wanted women's shoes, because they are a lot prettier than men's. Like, just when I buy shoes for the garden - until size 41 all the colours of the rainbow. From size 42 it's dark grey, dark blue and dark green. :doh: Good that Mika has Louboutin now to make pretty shoes for him. :wub2:

Anyway, going a bit OT here, lol! I got stuck with my travel plans, as I had a massive cold this weekend, still recovering from it. But in a few days I'll receive my salary for March, then I can start booking! :biggrin2:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Gosh, I'm already wearing a 43 for my winter boots, hubby's shoe size is 45 - I really don't get how Mika could think his feet are too big. :dunno: MY feet are big, for a woman. I see that every time I try to buy shoes. If Mika was wearing shoes a size smaller, I wonder if there even are a lot of men's shoes in 42.5?

Yes, I can imagine that it is difficult to buy woman shoes in size 43. :itsok:

I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Switzerland the normal selection of women's shoes is between size 36 and 40, if you have a smaller shoe size you should also take a look at the children's shoes and larger, yes, I have already noticed that the selection for women is not really big. I don't have much experience with buying shoes for men, but 42.5 in Switzerland is no problem. On average, men in Switzerland are smaller than in Germany and therefore have smaller feet. I would say from a feeling that from about number 40 to number 45/46 you shouldn't have any problems buying shoes as a man in Switzerland.

I haven't been to a shoe shop for a while. I don't really plan to buy shoes for London, but I probably should as most of the shoes I have either almost fall apart or are uncomfortable. :blush:

53 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I haven't been to a shoe shop for a while. I don't really plan to buy shoes for London, but I probably should as most of the shoes I have either almost fall apart or are uncomfortable. :blush:

You could pick some up in New York... :biggrin2: A colleague whose been says clothes were really cheap, like a big thick sweater for $5. Don't know if that's still the case, but it's probably cheaper than waiting till you hit the UK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

You could pick some up in New York... :biggrin2: A colleague whose been says clothes were really cheap, like a big thick sweater for $5. Don't know if that's still the case, but it's probably cheaper than waiting till you hit the UK. 

Yes, and probably cheaper than buying in Switzerland. :teehee:

But maybe I should also take a closer look at the shoes I have in my wardrobe and look what I actually have. :blush:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, mellody said:

Sorry for the Mikasoon answer. :blush:

I share a room with Michelle Blondet at the Belgrove Hotel further south. But I had rather thought that I would take public transport, I don't know what Michelle's plan is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Just booked my journey. :cheer:

:cheer::yay:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I thought it was maybe a good idea to book now, before flights become more expensive due to the high oil & gas prices. 😬

Oh damn, that's a good point! Time to get organised. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked air bnb accomodation!! Seems like a lot of accomodation is booked but luckily found a few deals at this time. I'm going to be staying with my korean friend that I met here on the MFC :wub2: So excited!

Edited by Sonelle
  • Like 1