2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

On 4/2/2022 at 7:14 AM, Sonelle said:

Just booked air bnb accomodation!! Seems like a lot of accomodation is booked but luckily found a few deals at this time. I'm going to be staying with my korean friend that I met here on the MFC :wub2: So excited!

aww that will be so lovely!! its always amazing to get to hang out with friends you have made on here!!

• Like 2

Booked!! We’re in a hotel that’s a 10 min walk away and not too crazy expensive 💪💪 My Mum will be flying in from Munich to Amsterdam and we’ll meet at the airport to continue to London, so we’ll arrive quite late on Friday night. But we’re booked! No way back now:wink2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BeccaStardust said:

I haven’t got a train yet as last I looked they weren’t available 

but hotel yes, how far are you going to be 

LNER have tickets for Leeds to London, I managed to get the last two for me and my Mum for an early morning time so I get into London at 11am. It might be worth checking again for where you are to get a bargain, usually the earlier you book the cheaper the price! When I told my Mum the price she thought it was a scam! 😆

(£60 return!)

The address for the hotel is actually in the borough of Camden but not the near the center, tube to Roundhouse is about 20 minutes so not too bad 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

LNER have tickets for Leeds to London, I managed to get the last two for me and my Mum for an early morning time so I get into London at 11am. It might be worth checking again for where you are to get a bargain, usually the earlier you book the cheaper the price! When I told my Mum the price she thought it was a scam! 😆

(£60 return!)

The address for the hotel is actually in the borough of Camden but not the near the center, tube to Roundhouse is about 20 minutes so not too bad 😊

I'm used to getting a train down there as as my mum still lives just outside of London, I'll have another check as yueah id rather tem be cheaper 

Thats not too bad and your with your mum I didn't want to be too far out as i'm alone 

• Like 1

Just discovered that one of London's best book shops is only a few minutes walk from my hotel, a hotel that I have stayed in multiple times before, and the bookshop has been there for years and I just never noticed???? 😕

The shop is Gay's the Word btw, here's there website if anyone's interested:

https://www.gaystheword.co.uk/

One stop shop for all things LGBT+ literature! 🏳️‍🌈 

I wonder if Mika knows about this shop?, I think he'd love it! 😁

• Like 3

Since the Boston gig got cancelled & i couldn't go back to NYC for the rescheduled date i've been toying with the idea of going to this gig. Looks like there's no tickets left, but really that's the least of my worries.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

Since the Boston gig got cancelled & i couldn't go back to NYC for the rescheduled date i've been toying with the idea of going to this gig. Looks like there's no tickets left, but really that's the least of my worries.

Hey Dee, I still got a presale GA if you are interested!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kreacher said:

Would love to see you there! :biggrin2:

I've been looking around the Mira Mikati online shop a bit today, and I think I might have a look at her shop in London while I'm there... most of her clothes are far too expensive for me, but the shop itself looks like it's an experience, and maybe I'll find a nice T-Shirt or Accessoire that I can afford, just really love that style! :wub2:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mellody said:

I've been looking around the Mira Mikati online shop a bit today, and I think I might have a look at her shop in London while I'm there... most of her clothes are far too expensive for me, but the shop itself looks like it's an experience, and maybe I'll find a nice T-Shirt or Accessoire that I can afford, just really love that style! :wub2:

I imagined a bunch of fans invading Happy House :lol3:  

stampede GIF

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hey Dee, I still got a presale GA if you are interested!

Oh yes I'm interested… I suppose I could just buy it off you and resell it later if I end up not being able to afford the rest of the trip.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I imagined a bunch of fans invading Happy House :lol3:  

stampede GIF

I think fans would only invade the shop like this if Mika happened to be there too! 😁

I'd like to visit but I think I'd feel a bit intimidated by the prices, their cheapest item is a face mask at £35, jewellery starts at £60 and clothes range from £60 to over a thousand pounds!

I could probably recreate that famous shopping scene from Pretty Woman if I do go in the store! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I think fans would only invade the shop like this if Mika happened to be there too! 😁

I'd like to visit but I think I'd feel a bit intimidated by the prices, their cheapest item is a face mask at £35, jewellery starts at £60 and clothes range from £60 to over a thousand pounds!

I could probably recreate that famous shopping scene from Pretty Woman if I do go in the store! 😆

Yeah, if I saw masses like that in front of the shop, I'd come back another time! :lol: The prices are high, I agree, but I've seen some T-Shirts for under 100 pounds, and if I like the design and they're good quality and don't look like they'll fall apart after a year or 2, like the cheap ones do, I might buy one. I mean, even Desigual, I pay 70€ for a shirt and after 2 years of rarely wearing it, it starts falling apart. I love their designs, but not happy with the quality. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've just received an email that my flight to and from London has been cancelled by British Airways...

Two weeks ago one of my flights by Lufthansa to Toulouse via Munich has been rescheduled.

What can I expect closer to the travel dates?

Oh no! Are there any other air lines you can re-book with?

I knew BA were having trouble recently with staff shortages but I didn't think they'd cancel flights up to July!

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've just received an email that my flight to and from London has been cancelled by British Airways...

Two weeks ago one of my flights by Lufthansa to Toulouse via Munich has been rescheduled.

What can I expect closer to the travel dates?

Oh heck. Unfortunately the airlines do seem to be cutting back a lot of flights. Fingers crossed it'll level out soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oh no! Are there any other air lines you can re-book with?

I knew BA were having trouble recently with staff shortages but I didn't think they'd cancel flights up to July!

It looks like BA changed their new timetable and there are less flights from Cracow now.

But I found places in Wizzair company.

So as I have a hotel at King's Cross I will take a direct train from Luton to London. Not so bad. And there are 2 flights per day in the morning and in the evening so even if they change or cancel my flight there's still a chance to keep the same date 👍

• Like 3

On 4/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So as I have a hotel at King's Cross I will take a direct train from Luton to London

Just booked my hotel, which is also close to King’s Cross! I already had an apartment booked, but the property manager told me they were making changes and I had to cancel.. it’s quite rude, but I managed to make it work. I think it changed for the better, even!

I am sure am many MFCers will go back to King’s Cross after the show. But now we can already be a group of three :wink2: (Erik is coming, too!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just booked my hotel, which is also close to King’s Cross! I already had an apartment booked, but the property manager told me they were making changes and I had to cancel.. it’s quite rude, but I managed to make it work. I think it changed for the better, even!

I am sure am many MFCers will go back to King’s Cross after the show. But now we can already be a group of three :wink2: (Erik is coming, too!)

Hahahaha! King's Cross is ours so🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know at least 2 other fans staying at my hotel as well. We will rock the town 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hahahaha! King's Cross is ours so🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know at least 2 other fans staying at my hotel as well. We will rock the town 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Starting to think I should change hotel to KX! :lol3:

• Haha 3