2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

3 minutes ago, mariposa said:

Quick question: anybody knows how we will get hands on our tickets for this gig? Thank you. 

I have selected to receive a digital ticket. It says 5 days before the gig they will be available (I suppose in your Ticketmaster account). So I will patiently wait for that to happen.

It does make it difficult to resell tickets, though! You can’t send the buyer (as of yet) a digital ticket if they have bought from you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

@TinyLove_CJ You're not the only one with this idea. :) But as Emily says, the Roundhouse does not permit flags or banners. As an alternative, we might be able to print out a big red heart on a sheet of white paper and hold it up at a specific time. If everyone prints out their own, it would cost next to nothing. Even if each person were to  print out a few sheets to hand out to those around them, it wouldn't overburden any one person. The only thing is that we would have to ensure that we collect the paper after the gig -- I'm still remembering the trouble we had at the Paris gig a few years ago when we tried to do the fan action with the colored papers to make a rainbow.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I might message them later to find out, small hand flags are usually 5" across so I would hope that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Something out of paper would definitely be easier and cheaper! And it would mean that we could make loads so that a good amount of the audience can have them/participate as it looks so much more effective then!😊

I know for his last london show we did paper hearts and signs which worked really well, mika really enjoyed them espically the signs. I don't know if the roundhouse would let us do signs (we would have to ask) but if not we could do something like the paper hearts maybe?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Emily2b said:

I know for his last london show we did paper hearts and signs which worked really well, mika really enjoyed them espically the signs. I don't know if the roundhouse would let us do signs (we would have to ask) but if not we could do something like the paper hearts maybe?

I still have more than 200 color paper hearts left from Strasbourg (the same as we did in London in 2019).

We can glue them to white sheets or just use them as they are.

image.thumb.png.cca896954375fea96f32cca98bffccd1.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I still have more than 200 color paper hearts left from Strasbourg (the same as we did in London in 2019).

Ohh I love this, we could just use them as they are, right? This way they are small enough to take with us and we can light them up with our phones. I know this has been done before, but the gesture of love cannot be done enough ❤️

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh wow thats super handy!! I have loads of sheets of coloured paper too left over so I can make more too! 

Maybe to make it slightly different from the 2019 gig we could stick them on paper and add a message, just something short, then we can hold them up at the beginning of the show like we've done before? (We would have to check with the venue though that they would be ok with it!) I just remember mika being super happy with two last time and this would combine them!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emily2b said:

Oh wow thats super handy!! I have loads of sheets of coloured paper too left over so I can make more too! 

Maybe to make it slightly different from the 2019 gig we could stick them on paper and add a message, just something short, then we can hold them up at the beginning of the show like we've done before? (We would have to check with the venue though that they would be ok with it!) I just remember mika being super happy with two last time and this would combine them!

If we glue the hearts to white sheets we can make some additional drawings, messages while queueing.

It really takes time to prepare a big amount of items.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If we glue the hearts to white sheets we can make some additional drawings, messages while queueing.

It really takes time to prepare a big amount of items.

This sounds really good, and I like the idea of adding a personal message and a drawing. Gives us something to do while queueing! 🤣

(Maybe I can even do a full portrait while queueing 🤣 just kidding :facepalm:

• Haha 4

The Roundhouse won't let us bring small handflags, about the size of a small handkerchief, but it will let us bring A4 paper to hold up? I don't see their logic. The paper is bigger and more likely to block the view?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

The Roundhouse won't let us bring small handflags, about the size of a small handkerchief, but it will let us bring A4 paper to hold up? I don't see their logic. The paper is bigger and more likely to block the view?

The website says no flags or banners so it would definitely be worth us messaging them about the signs before to see what they say

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This sounds really good, and I like the idea of adding a personal message and a drawing. Gives us something to do while queueing! 🤣

(Maybe I can even do a full portrait while queueing 🤣 just kidding :facepalm:

😂😂 that would be amazing!! It would certainly use up some of the time queuing!!😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

You fold the piece of paper. You put it into you hand bag. You enter the venue. You wave when the time comes.

You keep the piece of paper. You meet Mika after the gig and ask him to sign it. :lol3:

In 2019 I've seen a lot of people waiting for Mika after the gig and they kept their hearts.

You can find some videos where Mika signs them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

The website says no flags or banners so it would definitely be worth us messaging them about the signs before to see what they say

Ah! Sorry I thought that had already been checked with them, hence my confusion. 

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You fold the piece of paper. You put it into you hand bag. You enter the venue. You wave when the time comes.

You keep the piece of paper. You meet Mika after the gig and ask him to sign it. :lol3:

In 2019 I've seen a lot of people waiting for Mika after the gig and they kept their hearts.

Can I have 2-3 of those hearts in case I mess up drawing his face on the first go :lol3: otherwise he‘ll be like „Nice! Who is that? Batman???“

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, it was the difference in size I was questioning. Holding up an A4 sign seems more disruptive than holding a very small handflag. But I thought it had already been checked with them. It is actually still to be confirmed. 

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yes, it was the difference in size I was questioning. Holding up an A4 sign seems more disruptive than holding a very small handflag. But I thought it had already been checked with them. It is actually still to be confirmed. 

Don't think too much about it. Some rules are justified some not.

I've just seen on Ticketmaster website that cameras, audio recorders and even mobiles are forbidden.

Are you taking your mobile to disrupt people behind you while filming the concert (forbidden!!!) ?

I am taking mine. Even two of them :wink2:

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

One for every ear? Why else would you need two phones :biggrin2:

I am amazed and confused in equal measure :lol3::wink2:

Because of the memory capacity, battery capacity. Because of different lenses. Because when I travel I always take two mobiles.

Actually I almost lost one in Strasbourg. At the end of the show, during Grace Kelly with the big balloons I couldn't find my phone. I wanted to film the stage and it was gone!!!!

After 5 minutes of panic I found it on the floor. Hopefully nobody stepped on it. But can you imagine? Now the mobile is your bank, your flight tickets, your gig tickets, your everything.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

even mobiles are forbidden.

Mobiles are allowed at the Roundhouse, still waiting to hear back about hand flags, if they say no to that I don't mind continuing the contact with them and asking about the paper hearts idea, which I love by the way! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

waiting to hear back about hand flags, if they say no to that I don't mind continuing the contact with them and asking about the paper hearts idea,

Realised I haven't checked my emails at all today! 😅 Just checked now and got a reply from the Roundhouse this morning, sadly no flags, regardless of how small they might be, are NOT allowed in the venue 🙃

I've sent a reply asking about small paper hearts instead, hopefully they say yes to that  :crossed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Realised I haven't checked my emails at all today! 😅 Just checked now and got a reply from the Roundhouse this morning, sadly no flags, regardless of how small they might be, are NOT allowed in the venue 🙃

I've sent a reply asking about small paper hearts instead, hopefully they say yes to that  :crossed:

Hopefully they should at least allow the hearts!🤞🤞

• Like 2