2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Because of the memory capacity, battery capacity. Because of different lenses. Because when I travel I always take two mobiles.

Actually I almost lost one in Strasbourg. At the end of the show, during Grace Kelly with the big balloons I couldn't find my phone. I wanted to film the stage and it was gone!!!!

After 5 minutes of panic I found it on the floor. Hopefully nobody stepped on it. But can you imagine? Now the mobile is your bank, your flight tickets, your gig tickets, your everything.

Yes, I also went to America with two phones, I came back with three (don't ask 🙈).

But can you imagine? Now the mobile is your bank, your flight tickets, your gig tickets, your everything.

Yes, and even if you have it, you're screwed without an internet connection. 🙈

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait, what?? Haha! :facepalm:
(probably for coverage in CA?)

No, because I bought a mobile phone in Boston because my :badword: Swiss phone provider failed to fix the technical error in time that prevented me from using the internet (even though they had assured me that the error would be fixed by the time I went to the US :mad3:). :rolleyes:

Edited by Prisca
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Realised I haven't checked my emails at all today! 😅 Just checked now and got a reply from the Roundhouse this morning, sadly no flags, regardless of how small they might be, are NOT allowed in the venue 🙃

I've sent a reply asking about small paper hearts instead, hopefully they say yes to that  :crossed:

Actually we didn't ask anybody in O2 for any permission for paper hearts in 2019. We just did our fan action with 2000 hearts.

I think we will not have this amount in Roundhouse.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mobiles are allowed at the Roundhouse, still waiting to hear back about hand flags, if they say no to that I don't mind continuing the contact with them and asking about the paper hearts idea, which I love by the way! 😊

I found the info about mobiles on TicketMaster page. But you are right - on Roundhouse page mobiles and non professional cameras are allowed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

No, because I bought a mobile phone in Boston because my :badword: Swiss phone provider failed to fix the technical error in time that prevented me from using the internet (even though they had assured me that the error would be fixed by the time I went to the US :mad3:). :rolleyes:

This part I knew, I just missed the part where you came back with a third phone :biggrin2: :facepalm:

• Haha 2

Actually we didn't ask anybody in O2 for any permission for paper hearts in 2019. We just did our fan action with 2000 hearts.

I think we will not have this amount in Roundhouse.

I am afraid if we ask it might raise flags? Or is this me worrying too much?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This part I knew, I just missed the part where you came back with a third phone :biggrin2: :facepalm:

Yes, I had two mobile phones with me when I flew to the US. The US sim card only worked for a while with one phone because it was too old and since the other phone wasn't younger, that probably wouldn't have worked either and with the phone I bought, that makes three. :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Because of the memory capacity, battery capacity. Because of different lenses. Because when I travel I always take two mobiles.

Actually I almost lost one in Strasbourg. At the end of the show, during Grace Kelly with the big balloons I couldn't find my phone. I wanted to film the stage and it was gone!!!!

After 5 minutes of panic I found it on the floor. Hopefully nobody stepped on it. But can you imagine? Now the mobile is your bank, your flight tickets, your gig tickets, your everything.

Ģlad I'm not the only one with two phones :hi5:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I had two mobile phones with me when I flew to the US. The US sim card only worked for a while with one phone because it was too old and since the other phone wasn't younger, that probably wouldn't have worked either and with the phone I bought, that makes three. :biggrin2:

Two old phones had a baby phone - Born in the USA.... Born in the USA....

Bruce Springsteen Dancing GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Two old phones had a baby phone - Born in the USA.... Born in the USA....

Bruce Springsteen Dancing GIF

Warning: Before you put two mobile phones in your bag, make sure you know the gender or there could be babies. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

I suppose with flags and banners they mean big ones, not small hand flags - if we tell them our plan to give out small hand flags with the red heart that Mika used at Eurovision, they might just say, sure, no problem. ;) Anyway not asking isn't a good option, as I learned in Paris in 2019. 🙈

Edit: Ah just saw you already asked... well maybe then the hearts or just a piece of paper are a better option. :dunno:

17 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Realised I haven't checked my emails at all today! 😅 Just checked now and got a reply from the Roundhouse this morning, sadly no flags, regardless of how small they might be, are NOT allowed in the venue 🙃

I've sent a reply asking about small paper hearts instead, hopefully they say yes to that  :crossed:

In 2012 I remember we brought tinsel to the gig as a fanaction, as it was close to Xmas - but can't remember if we had any papers too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As I always say "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!" :naughty:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

They mention banners and flags, but not hearts :lol3: 

Anyway we can't ask permission for every single thing. We know what IS forbidden :wink2: 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:53 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Are you taking your mobile to disrupt people behind you while filming the concert (forbidden!!!) ?

Nope, I'm taking one to hold vaguely in front of me while staring hypnotised at the wonder on stage. Then kick myself later. :hypo: :naughty:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ah good. I was worried you'd forgotten our group bonding session after hours in the phone shop. 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Ah good. I was worried you'd forgotten our group bonding session after hours in the phone shop. 🤣

I'm sorry! 🙈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I haven't heard back from the Roundhouse regarding the hearts, so I say we use them anyway! I can't see it being a problem.

@Anna Ko Kolkowska are you happy to bring yours along for the London gig?

No problem. I was supposed to bring them anyway :wink2:

225 hearts is enough for first rows.

If anybody brings more - even better.

My hearts dimension is about 15 cm vertical. 2 hearts from A4 sheet of paper.

• Thanks 3

On 5/30/2022 at 4:31 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I am afraid if we ask it might raise flags? Or is this me worrying too much?

I'm a worrier, so no, I don't think you're worrying too much! :lol3:  But I agree -- I don't think we need to ask about the hearts.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yeah, I usually say that as well, but the Bercy thing in 2019 put the fear of god into me. I mean, they were threatening to charge us a fairly hefty fee for cleaning up the venue if we left all the papers on the floor in a mess. Now, the MFC is not a real entity, so who would they charge? Me? Mika? His management? They like us now, but I don't think they'd be too happy if they really were charged an extra fee for venue clean-up. In any case, I didn't want to find out then. And I would like to avoid having that happen now!

So I worry. But I think that the paper hearts will be fine, we'll just have to encourage everyone to pick up (off the floor :teehee: ) after themselves.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yeah, I usually say that as well, but the Bercy thing in 2019 put the fear of god into me. I mean, they were threatening to charge us a fairly hefty fee for cleaning up the venue if we left all the papers on the floor in a mess.

I think they were reacting this way because:

1- it was recorded for television so they didn't want any unexpected situation

2 - these two fan actions in Bercy were HUGE! A rainbow in the tribunes. Thousands of paper airplanes everywhere. It makes tonnes of paper ending on the floor. 

But I agree that their unpleasant reaction was horrible. 

I wonder if they regret now that the rainbow was banned. It would have looked so beautiful on TV! I am so happy that Mika was able to see at least this part close to the stage.

Airplanes worked so well even if the girls left half of them outside because the security didn't allow to take them all into the venue.

Anyway it will stay one of the spectacular Mika shows. And we can talk about it for hours :lol3:

• Like 2