2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

On 5/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Wow, so it very close to my Belgrove Hotel :thumb_yello:

image.thumb.png.9afca98cb23a40a455b130b6f2c42a3b.png

Sorry, I'm Mikasoon with my announcement. Michelle Blondet and I are staying at the Belgrove Hotel as well. :original:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Sorry, I'm Mikasoon with my announcement. Michelle Blondet and I are staying at the Belgrove Hotel as well. :original:

I might be even more Mikasoon than you if I get my passport in time as the towmhall that had accepted to put me on a waiting list gave me an appointment on May 3rd I was able to go to as I asked to finish work sooner that afternoon and it was possible...but my photos had to be done again (by a certified photographer in another town) and luckily the townhall said I could come back the next morning with my certified photos (I was crying as I was afraid they wouldn't let me but they said it was fine to come back) and I managed to go to the townhall before I started work.

Passports normally take 6 weeks to be made (but could take longer)  so I hope I'll be lucky and get mine in time to use it :crossed: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I might be even more Mikasoon than you if I get my passport in time as the towmhall that had accepted to put me on a waiting list gave me an appointment on May 3rd I was able to go to as I asked to finish work sooner that afternoon and it was possible...but my photos had to be done again (by a certified photographer in another town) and luckily the townhall said I could come back the next morning with my certified photos (I was crying as I was afraid they wouldn't let me but they said it was fine to come back) and I managed to go to the townhall before I started work.

Passports normally take 6 weeks to be made (but could take longer)  so I hope I'll be lucky and get mine in time to use it :crossed: 

I really hope that you'll get your passport in time. :crossed:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh no...  possible rail strike being voted on, could affect summer plans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61525780

:nervous:

The ballot closes this Tuesday, so we should know next week if it's going ahead. If it does, there could be strike action affecting train travel in the UK from late June and through the summer. 

For me, assuming it misses the Geneva/Zeebrugge trip, that could affect Lyon/ London, and Carcassonne. Hopefully it would be resolved before Italy!

• Sad 3

I go though London a bit and will be there in June so can let you know from the stations if it says anything 

I know there have been repair works on the northern line (which is the line Camden's on but its not affected tho) but strikes are always an issue I hope not 

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I go though London a bit and will be there in June so can let you know from the stations if it says anything 

I know there have been repair works on the northern line (which is the line Camden's on but its not affected tho) but strikes are always an issue I hope not 

Thing is its not just the train companies this time, its Network Rail as well. Last time they were involved was about 30 years ago, hence the fuss in the news. 

Fingers crossed they get a better deal, and we don't get messed about. :crossed:

• Like 3

Not too sure yet if Mika will have a specific flower for this gig like he did for the US tour, it would make a nice fan action if there is!

(maybe a poppy?)

However I was thinking of something else, what if we get small hand flags with the red love heart on (like Eurovusion!) and only start waving them at a particular song? Or maybe when Mika performs the last song? 🤔

I did struggle to find plain white flags with a heart for sale online but did come across a company that does custom flags for £1.50 per flag! 

❤❤❤

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Not too sure yet if Mika will have a specific flower for this gig like he did for the US tour, it would make a nice fan action if there is!

(maybe a poppy?)

However I was thinking of something else, what if we get small hand flags with the red love heart on (like Eurovusion!) and only start waving them at a particular song? Or maybe when Mika performs the last song? 🤔

I did struggle to find plain white flags with a heart for sale online but did come across a company that does custom flags for £1.50 per flag! 

❤❤❤

I was just thinking we hadn't organised any fan actions!

Edited by Emily2b
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I ❤ this idea. :yes:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Nice idea! 👍 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

(maybe a poppy?)

❤❤❤

Its such a cool idea! Although I've just had a look on the roundhouse website and it says that flags and banners are not permitted into the venue as they can obstruct the view for other people in the audience😖😖 maybe if you email them to explain they might make an exception? If not we may have to think of something else😖

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Its such a cool idea! Although I've just had a look on the roundhouse website and it says that flags and banners are not permitted into the venue as they can obstruct the view for other people in the audience😖😖 maybe if you email them to explain they might make an exception? If not we may have to think of something else😖

Maybe they would make an exception for small flags? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Emily2b said:

maybe if you email them to explain they might make an exception? If not we may have to think of something else😖

I might message them later to find out, small hand flags are usually 5" across so I would hope that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Maybe they would make an exception for small flags? :dunno_grin:

Hopefully they will!

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I might message them later to find out, small hand flags are usually 5" across so I would hope that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Hi everyone :bye:,

It actually started as a joke of mine that I don't plan to give Mika a Camel as a present for his birthday. :lol3:

Then @TinyLove_CJ saw that camels could be adopted. :lmfao:

But since an adoption comes with merch and we'll be giving Mika a digital present for his birthday this year, that's not going to be possible.

That's why I had the idea that we could try and give Mika the merch that comes with the adoption in London as a gift without an occasion, as that's probably the place where most people of the MFC will be attending this year (of course, people who are not in London could also participate). :original:

There are several organisations/companies that offer adoptions for camels. I had thought of Chester Zoo in England, which offers a camel adoption for £45.

I realise that everyone has a limited budget and that a gift for Mika for his birthday and a donation to a charity in Mika's name is also planned. But if only 5 people participated in this, it would already be only £9 per person. :original:

What do you think? Bad or good idea? And who would be interested in participating? :original:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Hi everyone :bye:,

It actually started as a joke of mine that I don't plan to give Mika a Camel as a present for his birthday. :lol3:

Then @TinyLove_CJ saw that camels could be adopted. :lmfao:

But since an adoption comes with merch and we'll be giving Mika a digital present for his birthday this year, that's not going to be possible.

That's why I had the idea that we could try and give Mika the merch that comes with the adoption in London as a gift without an occasion, as that's probably the place where most people of the MFC will be attending this year (of course, people who are not in London could also participate). :original:

There are several organisations/companies that offer adoptions for camels. I had thought of Chester Zoo in England, which offers a camel adoption for £45.

I realise that everyone has a limited budget and that a gift for Mika for his birthday and a donation to a charity in Mika's name is also planned. But if only 5 people participated in this, it would already be only £9 per person. :original:

What do you think? Bad or good idea? And who would be interested in participating? :original:

Hi Prisca. 

At the beginning I didn't like the idea of camel adoption - as I would prefer to make an adoption of an other animal.

But the idea is growing in me now and I think that if it's not a birthday gift but "just" a gift it sounds even funny.

I wonder what Mika will post during his travel to Morocco. It should be done before the London gig I suppose.

So if he mentions camel again this virtual adoption would be funny - well only for one year (or maybe for more?).

• Like 3

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi Prisca. 

At the beginning I didn't like the idea of camel adoption - as I would prefer to make an adoption of an other animal.

But the idea is growing in me now and I think that if it's not a birthday gift but "just" a gift it sounds even funny.

I wonder what Mika will post during his travel to Morocco. It should be done before the London gig I suppose.

So if he mentions camel again this virtual adoption would be funny - well only for one year (or maybe for more?).

Yes, one year would certainly be enough. Yes, I'm also curious to see what Mika does during his stay in Morocco. :original:

Yes, the adoption is certainly meant to be a funny idea (albeit a good deed) and I hope it would bring a smile to Mika's face. :original:

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

(maybe a poppy?)

❤❤❤

On 5/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, Emily2b said:

@TinyLove_CJ You're not the only one with this idea. :) But as Emily says, the Roundhouse does not permit flags or banners. As an alternative, we might be able to print out a big red heart on a sheet of white paper and hold it up at a specific time. If everyone prints out their own, it would cost next to nothing. Even if each person were to  print out a few sheets to hand out to those around them, it wouldn't overburden any one person. The only thing is that we would have to ensure that we collect the paper after the gig -- I'm still remembering the trouble we had at the Paris gig a few years ago when we tried to do the fan action with the colored papers to make a rainbow.

• Like 5