Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

40 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm a good girl I am!

Ahh... nope. :naughty:

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm listening to Feels like Fire on repeat and it seems like this :chkn:is dancing to it :shocked: How can I  unsee this please? :yikes:

You can't. The Naughty Chicken is now etched on your brain for ever and ever and ever. Its all you'll think of when you hear this song. If it's performed live, you'll want to do the dance. You're welcome. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

Mika not posting for a few hours isn't good for you guys. :facepalm: :roftl:

So, for anyone who hasn't heard a recording of the song yet, basically you already know most of the melody from Mika's stories and from the official trailer with the "and I don't care if the world can see" part. Anyway, I can't wait for a HQ recording of it, to listen on repeat. :wub2: I hope we'll soon find out when the soundtrack will be officially released. You're probably right that it'll only be February. :emot-sad: ... and while I thought that it'd really be awesome if Mika played the song for us on the MFC live, even if it isn't released yet, I realized meanwhile that this would be a problem because the song is already copyrighted and probably IG would recognize that and wouldn't allow Deb to upload the live. Unless he played it live for us at the piano. :biggrin2: The algorithm probably wouldn't recognize that (I see that when I upload self-recorded live versions of Mika's songs vs. clips where the original songs play in the background)... but well, those dreams aren't getting any more realistic with that, lol! :lol3: 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

"Mika touched my :chkn:" could very quickly become "Mika touched my :camel3:"  and then have a whole new meaning :teehee:

Chickens...

Camels...

Humps...

There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm a good girl I am!

tumblr_lqxehfweTf1qakh43o1_500.gif.aa58c71f2bfad629f17d0527d21baef6.gif

That's why I didn't share the first gifs that popped up from google :facepalm:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

@Prisca please whisper to Mika that we need this song before we all go bonkers :squirrel::excite: :loco: :camel3: 

:bye:Hi Mika,

Can you please release the song before February? People are starting to go crazy. :loco:

:fairy:

:puppy_eyes::pray:

Thank you, Mika! :flowers2:

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Too late... :naughty:

I was always crazy from the start anyway :teehee: but still...

It's so wierd that there is a new avant premiere for Zodi et Tehu... I never heard of a second avant premiere before but in Mikaland things are like nowhere else :floor: Like when I got No Place in Heaven korean book release on the day the album was released but the CD that came from England reached my house the day after...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I was always crazy from the start anyway :teehee: but still...

It's so wierd that there is a new avant premiere for Zodi et Tehu... I never heard of a second avant premiere before but in Mikaland things are like nowhere else :floor: Like when I got No Place in Heaven korean book release on the day the album was released but the CD that came from England reached my house the day after...

I don't think it's up to Mika to decide about the avant-premiere. The promotor decides about all promo steps.

And the "second" avant-premiere is with the female actor Alexandra Lamy so it can't be done in the whole France.

But it's pretty weird anyway.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think it's up to Mika to decide about the avant-premiere. The promotor decides about all promo steps.

And the "second" avant-premiere is with the female actor Alexandra Lamy so it can't be done in the whole France.

But it's pretty weird anyway.

I know Mika has nothing to do with that and I'm very happy that there was one avant premiere and would happily go to the second one if I could because I wanted to stay in the movie. I can't wait to buy the soundtrack and the DVD :wub2: I sincerely believe everything Mika touches becomes magical :cloud:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Prisca said:

Can you please release the song before February? People are starting to go crazy. :loco:

:fairy:

:puppy_eyes::pray:

Thank you, Mika! :flowers2:

Is your story your answer to my request? I can't publish the song yet, but don't worry, I'm crazy too? :insane:

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/31/2022 at 3:44 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

So after another careful listen, I can hear the following so far: 

Feels Like Fire

Mika:

Whisper out your name

I’m on my fire 

Crawling on my skin

Oh my…. God

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Now we’re anything 

You’ve got to hold

Love feels like fire

Every step it takes me higher

And your skin

What it’s for

Let the truth lead us to more

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

And if all of this/the dust? should fall

Upon my skin

Would it even hurt at all 

Just let me in

And I don’t care if the world 

Can see

From the desert to the ocean 

Let it all pour down on me

Woman:

I right now (?) understand 

Someone might hear if I whisper

Air is so dry in our….(?) 

(Co? meaning)…?…. 

I hide between your shoulders

Together:

Love feels like fire

Owns my heart and takes me higher

And your words (?)

What they’re for

Hold me tight and never let me go

Your love

Feels like fire

(5x)

And if all of this/the dust? should fall

Upon my skin

Just let me in

And I don’t care if the world 

Can see

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

For the record, I don't have a problem with talking about the lyrics here. Even though the soundtrack hasn't been released, the song is technically "out" and hundreds if not thousands of people who have seen the movie have heard it. But obviously we can't post the actual song here, for the reasons mellody and silver have already stated.

So... having said that, I have a few thoughts on the lyrics that Michelle posted. :)

I think in the woman's part, she sings, "Air is so dry in our LAND" and then later when they sing together, "Your love feels like fire, WARMS my heart," not OWNS my heart.

I'm sure there are a few other lines that we don't have quite right, but I can't make them out either. :dunno_grin:

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

For the record, I don't have a problem with talking about the lyrics here. Even though the soundtrack hasn't been released, the song is technically "out" and hundreds if not thousands of people who have seen the movie have heard it. But obviously we can't post the actual song here, for the reasons mellody and silver have already stated.

So... having said that, I have a few thoughts on the lyrics that Michelle posted. :)

I think in the woman's part, she sings, "Air is so dry in our LAND" and then later when they sing together, "Your love feels like fire, WARMS my heart," not OWNS my heart.

I'm sure there are a few other lines that we don't have quite right, but I can't make them out either. :dunno_grin:

Thank you for working on the lyrics Deb :hug: 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Thank you for working on the lyrics Deb :hug: 

It's an obsession, Anne! :lol3:

Now I think I hear a little more.

When Mika first started teasing this song, I thought the words were "every step it takes me higher..." but now I think it might be "every second takes me higher..."

Also, I think I hear a few things differently. Let me know what you think.

Using Michelle's work as a base...

Mika:

Whisper out your name

I’m on my fire 

Crawling on my skin

Oh my God

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Now we’re in a thing 

You’ve got to hold

Love feels like fire

Every second takes me higher

And you'll see

What it’s for

Let the truth lead us to more

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

And if all this dust should fall

Upon my skin

Just let me in

And I don’t care if the world can see

Woman:

I right now understand 

Someone might hear if I whisper

Air is so dry in our land

(Co? meaning)…?…. 

... heart between your shoulders

Together:

Love feels like fire

Warms my heart and takes me higher

And your words (?)

What they’re for (?)

Hold me tight don't ever let me go

Your love

Feels like fire

(5x)

And if all this dust should fall

Upon my skin

Just let me in

And I don’t care if the world can see

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

And you'll see

In the song it's unclear, but wasn't it clearly "and your skin" in the story he had posted from the studio? 

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I hear "your heart beats in my shoulder", but that doesn't really make sense. :dunno_grin:

I have the song stuck in my head on repeat. :lol3: :wub2:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Now we’re in a thing

Could it be "Now we ain't a thing"? I feel like there's a breakup theme there with the "I feel cold" before.

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

And you'll see

I still hear "And your skin"

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

And your words (?)

Could be "and your walls"?

Again with the breakup theme.

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'm still more convinced by "I hide between your shoulders" sound-wise and meaning-wise but not sure.

Anyway, you're right Deb, this is addictive :D

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I can’t wait for the official lyrics to come out and prove us all wrong :lol3: and we all go like “ohhhhhhh NOW I hear it, too!!” 

Maybe there will be new snippets out when fans go to the second pre-premiere and we get to put together more of the lyric puzzle :wink2:

Maybe there would be a way to improve the sound quality? Not that I know how... 

We are lucky we get official lyrics now because in the past we didn't...unless we managed to ask Mika :wink2:

I always heard "now we're in a thing" too :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I am not very tech savvy :facepalm: fortunately it won’t be long until the official studio version will come out! 

37 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

We are lucky we get official lyrics now because in the past we didn't...unless we managed to ask Mika :wink2:

Really? Oh! Hahaha! I wasn’t aware! Well then let’s keep on guessing :lol3:

9 hours ago, mellody said:

In the song it's unclear, but wasn't it clearly "and your skin" in the story he had posted from the studio?

Well, I was never convinced it was "and your skin / what it's for" -- because honestly that doesn't make sense. Of course, Mika has never let making sense get in the way of his lyrics! :lol3:

I went back to the first page of this thread to listen to the early IG stories he posted and I'm really convinced now that it's "every second takes me higher." And I'm fairly convinced it's "and you'll see..." after trying to watch his lips as he's singing... but who knows? :dunno:

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I always heard "now we're in a thing" too :thumb_yello:

I hate to say it, but you know the so-called "official lyrics" aren't always accurate!  :lol3: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I hate to say it, but you know the so-called "official lyrics" aren't always accurate!  :lol3: 

So true, a look in the MNIMH CD booklet proves that. :facepalm: In previous booklets you could still have said, ok, Mika changed that word when singing it in the studio, but MNIMH, no way some of those have ever been true, they look like they let a voice recognition program figure them out from Mika's recordings. :doh:

Maybe we're lucky and Mika will perform the song live at some point? With different performances it's easier  to identify the lyrics.

• Like 4

Ok now I'm curious:

Where do the comprehensive lyrics on here come from? Are they a mix of the "official" ones in the booklets and what you all have collected together over the years? I really love that collection cause it's a big pet peeve of mine when I can't figure out the right lyrics!
The one that bothers me the most is in Origin of Love. So many sources claim it's "Well if god is a priest and the devil a slut, that's a reason for love then".

Sorry if this is going a bit :offtopic:

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Ok now I'm curious:

Where do the comprehensive lyrics on here come from? Are they a mix of the "official" ones in the booklets and what you all have collected together over the years? I really love that collection cause it's a big pet peeve of mine when I can't figure out the right lyrics!
The one that bothers me the most is in Origin of Love. So many sources claim it's "Well if god is a priest and the devil a slut, that's a reason for love then".

Sorry if this is going a bit :offtopic:

Only a bit Off-Topic! LOL!

The lyrics are all what we've put together from listening to the songs over and over, both recorded and live, and we feel they are the most accurate you can find anywhere.

I haven't seen that line for Origin of Love, but yeah, it really irks me when I see so many lyrics sites with the wrong lyrics. It's really annoying when it's clear that someone got the lyrics from us here, before we had really finalized them -- so they contain some of our earliest mistakes.

Like for this song Feels Like Fire, I'm not a hundred percent sure of the words yet -- we really need to hear the actual recording or Mika himself singing it, you know? Right now, every time I listen to the recordings I have, I hear something different. Right now, I'm thinking that the woman's line really is "... if I hide between your shoulders," not something with "heart" like I said earlier.

And I do also think in the next verse, when they sing, "Love feels like fire..." the woman sings,

Warms my heart and takes me higher

And the world

... (something) may fall

Hold me tight (fast?) don't ever let me go

It's going to drive me a little crazy until I know for sure! :lol3:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1