Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

Thank you, that's cool to know. Well you've all done a good job, they are definitely the most accurate ones 😅

I agree, at this point it's just guessing with Feels Like Fire. And obviously it's very suggestive as well, if you read a lyric that makes sense to you, you start to hear it as well! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Right now, every time I listen to the recordings I have, I hear something different.

Let’s not forget that Mika himself likes to mix up the lyrics during gigs. Which makes it even more…….. dynamic :wink2: 

He sometimes has the lyrics written down during a performance (on TV on the teleprompter, for the Imagine for Margo gig on his iPad and then also just written down and stuck to the stage at one gig), so he will be sure to not forget :biggrin2: BUT I wonder where he got these from! Surely not from the normal lyrics websites!? :aah:

(Of course from his own archives, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he would take a peek here. Hasn’t he said himself during a gig that the lyrics on the MFC are the most accurate ones?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Of course from his own archives, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he would take a peek here. Hasn’t he said himself during a gig that the lyrics on the MFC are the most accurate ones?

Ohh well there you go, it all makes sense now!! We got it the wrong way round.

The lyrics on MFC are the most accurate ones BECAUSE Mika uses them. He uses them for his gigs so of course he sings those exact ones and then we in return think we got them perfectly right :D

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

Ohh well there you go, it all makes sense now!! We got it the wrong way round.

The lyrics on MFC are the most accurate ones BECAUSE Mika uses them. He uses them for his gigs so of course he sings those exact ones and then we in return think we got them perfectly right :D

He really is the most considerate popstar :lol3:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

then also just written down and stuck to the stage at one gig), so he will be sure to not forget

And for the record, he managed to get them wrong even that time, when the paper was literally under his eyes :doh::lmfao:

• Haha 8

18 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Well, I was never convinced it was "and your skin / what it's for" -- because honestly that doesn't make sense. Of course, Mika has never let making sense get in the way of his lyrics! :lol3:

I went back to the first page of this thread to listen to the early IG stories he posted and I'm really convinced now that it's "every second takes me higher." And I'm fairly convinced it's "and you'll see..." after trying to watch his lips as he's singing... but who knows? :dunno:

I hate to say it, but you know the so-called "official lyrics" aren't always accurate!  :lol3: 

Yes it's true :lmfao: However we don't start from scratch at least....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

(Of course from his own archives, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he would take a peek here. Hasn’t he said himself during a gig that the lyrics on the MFC are the most accurate ones?)

I never heard him say that, but if he did, he'd be right! :mikacool:

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hasn’t he said himself during a gig that the lyrics on the MFC are the most accurate ones?

I don't remember that, but he did say that most lyric sites get them wrong (when Nina gave him the lyrics for LYWID in Zurich in 2019 on her phone), so maybe that can be translated to "forget the lyrics sites, go to my official fanclub to find the correct ones!" :naughty:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't remember that, but he did say that most lyric sites get them wrong (when Nina gave him the lyrics for LYWID in Zurich in 2019 on her phone), so maybe that can be translated to "forget the lyrics sites, go to my official fanclub to find the correct ones!" :naughty:

I can hear him saying MFC, but the video is funny :lol3::

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

Haha! Yes I think I have interpreted it like that :lol3: But honestly, if he doesn’t recommend going to the lyric websites, there’s nothing or no one else he could be referring to other than the MFC :biggrin2:

33 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I can hear him saying MFC, but the video is funny :lol3::

Exactly! This video.. but there is also another one where he is at a French speaking gig and then says very loud in English “YOU ARE IN THE FRONT, HELP ME” 

I think he was also referring to the lyric websites? Or was it only this video from Zurich? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

But honestly, if he doesn’t recommend going to the lyric websites, there’s nothing or no one else he could be referring to other than the MFC :biggrin2:

I'm not sure, but he might even say "make sure you go to *the* website that gets it right" (instead of *a* website), at least my wishful thinking hears that. :naughty:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Haha! Yes I think I have interpreted it like that :lol3: But honestly, if he doesn’t recommend going to the lyric websites, there’s nothing or no one else he could be referring to other than the MFC :biggrin2:

Exactly! This video.. but there is also another one where he is at a French speaking gig and then says very loud in English “YOU ARE IN THE FRONT, HELP ME” 

I think he was also referring to the lyric websites? Or was it only this video from Zurich? 

It was when he forgot lyrics to Lola :lol3:

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

To get back on topic, as someone said they feel the song is about a breakup, that's not what I hear in it at all... to me it feels like it's about a new love, falling in love for the first time, curiously discovering love and the loved one. So maybe it IS about the love between the 2 camels in the movie?

I listened to the "and your skin / and you'll see" part again a few times from his story, and it could also be "and your sin" or "and you're seeing"? I just thought it's skin because that's what we first heard, and he does sing skin (or maybe not?) in the other parts. I mean, if he sings "all the dust /  all of this should fall upon my skin", and "crawling on my skin", then maybe the skin plays a role in the song, otherwise wouldn't these expressions be a bit weird too? Those who have seen the movie, is there something about skin and/or fire in it?

Btw, I think in the IG story the lyrics were a little different, there I hear "let the truth lead me to more", at least it's definitely not "us", like in the song. Maybe they changed that later.

• Like 4

Ah, and also from his IG story, "in a thing" could as well be "anything", it sounds like a mix of both - and also his mouth forms the word "step" and not "second", I think - but again, they might have changed that for the final version... or Mika got the lyrics wrong in the story (I know that's the most likely in general :teehee: but in fact you'd think he'd get them right for at least a few hours after he sang them probably at least 30 times in a row to record it in the studio? :dunno_grin:)

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

And the world

... (something) may fall

more ideas for those 2 lines:

You're all / your heart / your world

it's / is burning for

Your walls

they may fall

Air is so dry in our land

(Co? meaning)…?…. 

I think the 2nd line of that is something in a different language, as the background choir sings it. Instead of "land" in the first line, I keep hearing "lips", but it's really hard to tell.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mellody said:

To get back on topic, as someone said they feel the song is about a breakup, that's not what I hear in it at all...

That was me! I think that feeling mostly came from the movie, because the first time it gets played it's during a sad scene where there is a sort of goodbye (to put it vaguely).

And also the lyrics of the first verse "Underneath the sky, I feel cold" and "you've got to hold" as in "please hold on and don't give up on us".

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

Those who have seen the movie, is there something about skin and/or fire in it?

No, I wouldn't say so. The only connection I see with the movie is that it's set in the desert, so of course the images of heat and fire seem fitting.

But otherwise it's a kid movie about adventure and friendship so to relate it to the lyrics of the song is a bit of a stretch imo but if anyone has a different interpretation, I'm curious to hear it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I'm not sure, but he might even say "make sure you go to *the* website that gets it right" (instead of *a* website), at least my wishful thinking hears that. :naughty:

Yes! He does say *the* website. :yes:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hero said:

Where are you guys listening to get lyrics?? :confused:

Some fans recorded the song at the cinema. Ofc it's not the best quality to figure out lyrics.

40 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yes! He does say *the* website. :yes:

:mikalove:

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 6:52 AM, dcdeb said:

... heart between your shoulders

I hear "as I hide between your shoulders" 

On 1/4/2023 at 6:52 AM, dcdeb said:

And your words (?)

What they’re for (?)

Hold me tight don't ever let me go

Words or walls or wars?

I hear "Hold me tight and never let me go" 

Ps: When he sings "Oh my god"

Ohhh my god! :cloud::wub2::swoon:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mellody said:

To get back on topic, as someone said they feel the song is about a breakup, that's not what I hear in it at all... to me it feels like it's about a new love, falling in love for the first time, curiously discovering love and the loved one. So maybe it IS about the love between the 2 camels in the movie?

I listened to the "and your skin / and you'll see" part again a few times from his story, and it could also be "and your sin" or "and you're seeing"? I just thought it's skin because that's what we first heard, and he does sing skin (or maybe not?) in the other parts. I mean, if he sings "all the dust /  all of this should fall upon my skin", and "crawling on my skin", then maybe the skin plays a role in the song, otherwise wouldn't these expressions be a bit weird too? Those who have seen the movie, is there something about skin and/or fire in it?

Btw, I think in the IG story the lyrics were a little different, there I hear "let the truth lead me to more", at least it's definitely not "us", like in the song. Maybe they changed that later.

Zodi sleeps against Tehu under a blanket. Their love keeps them warm both for real (skin to skin) and in their hearts. Tehu has lost his mum and Zodi has lost his dad. They have to run away when the bad guys are after them and a storm starts so Zodi and Tehu get into the storm on purpose and the bad guys stay away because they are afraid and love saves Zodi and Tehu (I won't say how so as not to spoil the movie for anyone)  Feels like Fire is heard at the end of the movie when Zodi is back with his tribe. I think it's about several loves. The deep love between Zodi and Tehu (Zodi saved Tehu and Tehu saved Zodi and his tribe), the love between Zodi and his mum, the love between the lady vet and Zodi, the love between the tribe members who save each other's lives, the love between Tehu and his mum, the love between Tehu and his girlfriend, the love between some tribe members and probably more I forget. It's really a movie filled with all sorts of loves and how love can save you :wub2: That's one of the reasons why I loved that movie (along with Mika's music that conveys all the emotions so well :mikalove:) It is a truly heartwarming movie :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1