Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

On 2/3/2023 at 10:19 PM, silver said:

Isn't the second line just "I'm on fire"? - no "my".

That's what I hear too. Wouldn't make sense to have it different in both versions?

On 2/3/2023 at 10:21 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

I can’t unhear it now! And now I suddenly understand the song in a whole new light where he’s living his exhibitionist life :facepalm:

:lmfao: In fact, while some of the earlier snippets about "oh my god" and "and your skin, what it's for, let the truth lead us to more" made me think that it's probably just another song about sex... now with the orchestral version, it feels like it's about an all-encompassing love, with a closeness and intimacy that goes directly under the skin and gently touches every nerve of your body, and fills it with warmth, but at the same time this love is so powerful that it can move the whole universe ("all the stars" / "from the desert to the ocean"). In fact, just like fire, which is cozy at a fireplace and moves the universe as sun and stars.

One of the first questions I had asked myself when I heard he sings "your love feels like fire" was, is that positive or negative? What does it mean? And the orchestral version makes me feel what it means, what Mika might mean by it. Just wonderful. :cloud:

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:21 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

I can’t unhear it now! And now I suddenly understand the song in a whole new light where he’s living his exhibitionist life :facepalm:

Camels do go around naked :wink2:

Téhu is the only one with a sex life in the movie :naughty: And he gets his girlfriend pregnant so that's proof :lmfao:

Sorry to disappoint :aah:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Camels do go around naked :wink2:

Téhu is the only one with a sex life in the movie :naughty: And he gets his girlfriend pregnant so that's proof :lmfao:

Sorry to disappoint :aah:

Oh, really? So as the camel female is pregnant for 13 months, does it mean that the movie shows one year and a half of the protagonists' life?????  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, really? So as the camel female is pregnant for 13 months, does it mean that the movie shows one year and a half of the protagonists' life?????  

Or maybe there'll be a sequel about Téhu Jr.  Then Mika will have to do another soundtrack! :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Téhu is the only one with a sex life in the movie :naughty:

Well... Mika isn't in the movie, but he tried to speak for the camel. So maybe the song IS just about sex then, lol! 😅 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

No the vet knows she is pregnant but it's only the beginning at the end of the movie

And I really hope for a second movie :wub2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Or maybe there'll be a sequel about Téhu Jr.  Then Mika will have to do another soundtrack! :biggrin2:

Plot twist, Tehu's baby is female and bonds with a young girl. Together they set out to challenge the conventions of a patriarchal society, while discovering their personal strengths. Dihya et Ghida, soeurs du désert. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Hero said:

Plot twist, Tehu's baby is female and bonds with a young girl. Together they set out to challenge the conventions of a patriarchal society, while discovering their personal strengths. Dihya et Ghida, soeurs du désert. :biggrin2:

Sounds fab :thumb_yello: There would be a camel gay pride in the desert too  :wootjump:

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

I was so uncertain about the soundtrack, bc the movie isn’t coming here and other French versions hasn’t been available. I just have to figure out one day how to see the film. But maybe my lucky is enough for that too. 

I'm sure you'll find the movie online soon :wink2:

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 5:59 PM, krysady said:

I'm sure you'll find the movie online soon :wink2:

Fingers crossed!

56 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

We're getting a lyric video for Feels like Fire next week!

https://www.yomika.com/2023/02/11/feels-like-fire-lyric-video/

Let's hope it's the correct lyrics! 😅 And good that they're doing it for the duet version, tho I like the other one better, but the duet has more text & is harder to understand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait, did he read the forum and figured we couldn’t figure it out :lol3:

He wants to prevent that we come up with another Brie theory. :naughty:  Luckily for him, in this song we'll just think what we don't understand is African. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

He wants to prevent that we come up with another Brie theory. :naughty:  Luckily for him, in this song we'll just think what we don't understand is African. :lmfao:

Actually, in the France Inter interview the other night, he got asked what language the 'sounds' were in (I think they were talking about The Beginning but I'm not 100% sure, it might have been Feels Like Fire)

And he replied that it was just made up words, that he wanted kind of a 'choir' effect. So definitely sometimes we try to look for comprehension or meaning when there isn't really any :lmfao:

Edited by camille*
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, camille* said:

Actually, in the France Inter interview the other night, he got asked what language the 'sounds' were in (I think they were talking about The Beginning but I'm not 100% sure, it might have been Feels Like Fire)

And he replied that it was just made up words, that he wanted kind of a 'choir' effect. So definitely sometimes we try to look for comprehension or meaning when there isn't really any :lmfao:

Ha. Brie is definitely funnier tho. :naughty: Maybe we should try to interpret his made up words in The Beginning, we might find some more types of cheese in there. :roftl:

• Haha 5

Btw, does anyone else think Mika's voice sounds so different in the 2 different versions of the song? In the orchestral version it's like he's the one who's talking to his lover, it's so full of emotion... and in the duet version it rather sounds like he's singing about someone else's love, telling a story from a distance. That's why I love the orchestral version so much, it really takes me on an emotional journey, whereas the other, although it's the same song, is just a nice song to me. :dunno_grin:

Ah, and I forgot to write, did anyone else notice that a few hours before the release of the soundtrack Andy had posted a story of his fireplace in Greece, with a cozy fire? :wub2: Maybe just a coincidence, but if he's anything like Mika, it probably wasn't a coincidence. :teehee:  I just found it really sweet, wanted to post about it back then but forgot.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Btw, does anyone else think Mika's voice sounds so different in the 2 different versions of the song? In the orchestral version it's like he's the one who's talking to his lover, it's so full of emotion... and in the duet version it rather sounds like he's singing about someone else's love, telling a story from a distance. That's why I love the orchestral version so much, it really takes me on an emotional journey, whereas the other, although it's the same song, is just a nice song to me. :dunno_grin:

I couldn’t put my finger quite on why I like the orchestral version so much more. But yes, I agree. The feeling that is being conveyed is much more intimate in the orchestral version than the duet is.

But I am also happy for the duet version, because I can easily listen to it when walking down the street. The orchestral version is a mood, for sure.
I love listening to soundtracks when I’m drawing, because it allows you to disconnect and dream. I am SO happy I can actually listen to a soundtrack done by my favourite artist :cheer:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mellody said:

a few hours before the release of the soundtrack Andy had posted a story of his fireplace in Greece, with a cozy fire? :wub2: Maybe just a coincidence, but if he's anything like Mika, it probably wasn't a coincidence. 

That is so sweet, thanks for spotting it! :wub2:

• Like 2