Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Well, I've just discovered something about myself thanks to Mika. 😄  I am unable to bend my pinkie like he does to make number 4 ( 3's no problem instead). 

Screenshot_20230407-100924_Chrome.jpg

Just thought I'd try this and have discovered I can only do this on my left hand, not my right! 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

I wasn't expecting "Rain" to be n 1 - does he really mean it? 

I agree with the others, this ranking should not be taken too seriously. He had once said that he will never sing "Rain" again and now he still sings it sometimes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Just thought I'd try this and have discovered I can only do this on my left hand, not my right! 😅

When I do this, I can only half extend the ring finger on both hands. :lmfao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Well, I've just discovered something about myself thanks to Mika. 😄  I am unable to bend my pinkie like he does to make number 4 ( 3's no problem instead). 

🤣🤣🤣 He is a pianist. And generally he has very flexible points of articulation 😃😃😃😃

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

I’ve just tried this! I can do it with both hands and I can even slightly overextend my middle finger!? 

Now it only I was as charming as Mika this would make me look less weird :lol3:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’ve just tried this! I can do it with both hands and I can even slightly overextend my middle finger!? 

Now it only I was as charming as Mika this would make me look less weird :lol3:

My fingers are pretty flexible, I can bend them all backwards much more than most people... still, the "4" works slightly less well with my left hand than with my right. But it always was the way I showed "4" before people were wondering about Mika doing it that way in the BG video, and I was like, what, why, is there another way to do it?! :lmfao:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

My fingers are pretty flexible, I can bend them all backwards much more than most people... still, the "4" works slightly less well with my left hand than with my right. But it always was the way I showed "4" before people were wondering about Mika doing it that way in the BG video, and I was like, what, why, is there another way to do it?! :lmfao:

Lol, I think most people just bend in the thumb. :lol3:

I can do the Mika method on both hands though. Maybe it's something keyboard players can do as they're used to stretching?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

This reminds me of that scene in Inglorious Bastards where the officer putting up three fingers in a “not German way” revealed that he was not German.

Sorry, wayyyyy :ot: here!!!!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Lol, I think most people just bend in the thumb. :lol3:

But it doesn't make sense to me, because when you count with your fingers, you start with the thumb showing "one", don't you? So "4" would automatically be all fingers except the little one. :dunno_grin: 

5 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

The second version is from youtube or have you uploaded it here? How can I watch (and share from) Youtube? If it is possible that is :-))) Sorry if I ask something silly, I don't know much about these things. :-) 

I think Eriko downloaded it from Tiktok (not sure how to do that, there's probably apps for it) and re-uploaded it here. Youtube videos can just be embedded here by posting the link, the software embeds it automatically. That used to work with IG too, but not anymore - I can only do that as a Moderator in the source code.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

But it doesn't make sense to me, because when you count with your fingers, you start with the thumb showing "one", don't you? So "4" would automatically be all fingers except the little one. :dunno_grin: 

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me! :thumb_yello:

So do you show 3 with the thumb and first 2 fingers? Or curl in the thumb and little finger to show the 3 middle fingers? 

Don't practice this outdoors folks, your neighbours will think you're throwing gang signs. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hero said:

So do you show 3 with the thumb and first 2 fingers?

Yes. I think we'll have to evaluate this further in Cheltenham, with live demonstrations. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SusanT said:

I can bend my little finger on my right, but not left. Something I only learnt today too!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I can only do this on my left hand, not my right! 😅

46 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

I can bend my little finger on my right, but not left.

A new partnership in the making? :naughty:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Because I guess it's difficult for many to do that? :dunno_grin::wink2:

I guess it's easier for everyone to put their thumbs down, even for those who do it differently...

I definitely didn't start this time. :ot:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Wow, Mika is making a tour around his house in Miami!!!

Mika Tiktok

His house is just gorgeous. I love how he shows us all these random things. It’s  something I would personally pass by in the shop, but seeing it come together in his house is a lot of fun and fitting to the decor. 

Also: poor flowers! You think the Easter rabbit will fix them?! :biggrin2:

• Like 4

His house is beautiful! 😍

I want to be there so bad!

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

His house is just gorgeous. I love how he shows us all these random things. It’s  something I would personally pass by in the shop, but seeing it come together in his house is a lot of fun and fitting to the decor. 

His style of decor is similar to how I would love my own house to be, if only my Mum would let me 😅

I love the organised randomness of it all!

• Like 3