Celebrities who Mika has met/befriended?

Jaela

Mika and designer Stella McCartney attend the Stella McCartney screening of "The Party" at the Stella McCartney store on May 6, 2008 in West Hollywood, California

https://www.gettyimages.co.jp/写真/mika-and-designer-stella-mccartney?assettype=image&editorialproducts=entertainment&family=editorial&phrase=Mika and designer Stella McCartney&sort=best&events=80971059

gettyimages-81010791-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.a1d1b8baaf0a42d6b7f5743981e92abd.jpg

gettyimages-81010790-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.178afe51cb4046c92b9a4944c5b338fc.jpg

gettyimages-81011470-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.fbb7782f31546b50773bd245463784f0.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

Mika told the story about visiting their home to talk about their performance and almost hitting Emmanuel Macron in the face in the same occasion. Mika was walking in the street when he suddenly felt someone grap his hand from a standing car. It was the former president who wanted to say something :lmfao: Of course Mika told this much better.

Thank you, I hadn't heard this story. 😃 But do you mean Sarkozy?

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this yet!

@JaelaI think @kreacher's Pinterest board would be helpful for this, if you haven't already seen what she has there:

https://www.pinterest.com/kreacher7/

Mika's brushed elbows with so many famous people over the years, but some aren't necessarily internationally famous or appealing to the demographic you described. For example, are Karen Mok, Utada Hikaru and Maritza internationally famous? I hadn't heard of them until Mika mentioned them. And some of the people I know he's met I don't have photos for -- like Bella Hadid, Russell Brand and Ellen Degeneres. I'm going through my files, trying to think of others...

Maybe Lang Lang? Josh Groban? I know you're not a fan of Perez, but I don't have any other pic of Mika and Josh together.

2009-01-mika-perez-katy-perry-josh-groban.jpg

How about Muni Long? -- she was Priscilla Renea when Mika worked with her, but as Muni Long she's gotten more recognition, she even won a Grammy last night.

w-priscillarenae-april25-2011.jpg

Pete Townsend of The Who

2007-03-mika-pete-townsend.jpg

Celine Dion

2014-08-mika-celine-dion.jpg

He's met quite a few people on chat shows, including the hosts like Jonathan Ross, Jay Leno, David Letterman... you already mentioned Dustin Hoffman, but...

Ricky Gervais -- there's actually a great clip of them interacting on this show.

2009-mika-ricky-gervais-jonathan-ross.jpg

Dame Edna Everidge

2009-02-21-mika-dame-edna-paul-ogrady.jpg

There's also Stephen Schwartz (composer of Wicked, Godspell, etc.)

2013-04-mika-stephen-schwartz.jpg

William Orbit (music producer)

2011-02-24-mika-william-orbit.jpg

The cast of KickAss including Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Mark Strong

2010-03-22-kickass-cast-mika.jpg

Robyn

2008-mika-robyn.jpg

That's all I have time for now... if I think of any more that might be relevant, I'll let you know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dcdeb

These are super helpful, thank you! I did find @kreacher's Pinterest board too indeed, that has been of great help as well 😊

Do any of you by any chance also have a photo of Mika and Tiësto together? I could swear that I've seen it before, but I can't find it anywhere now. 

Edited by Jaela

On 2/6/2023 at 7:26 PM, dcdeb said:

Oh! One more -- you already mentioned Rihanna I think but what about Kanye?

2008-mika-kanye-rihanna.jpg

Kanye is ehhh, not a good idea right now, given his recent antisemitic statements, we'll let that one slide, pretend it never happened :fisch:

Same for Perez, it's not just that i don't like him, he's despised by most of the internet and it would reflect badly on Mika's overall image if people found out about their friendship. I'm trying to promote him, not accidentally get him cancelled 🙈. The social media waters are trecherous ones! 

The first part of the Tiktok i made got half a million views btw! The reception has been really positive, everyone is commenting super nice things about how Mika seems so kind and easy-going and everyone wants to be his friend as well. It's always nice to see how even those who aren't necessarily fans instantly recognise how sweet and genuine he is. There's just something about his overall vibe which really draws people to him, he always leaves a positive impression wherever he appears 🥰

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jaela said:

Do any of you by any chance also have a photo of Mika and Tiësto together? I could swear that I've seen it before, but I can't find it anywhere now. 

I thought I saw a pic as well! So I went looking for it :biggrin2: But so far I only found a short video on YouTube, does that help? 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I thought I saw a pic as well! So I went looking for it :biggrin2: But so far I only found a short video on YouTube, does that help? 

Thank you, it does! I'll take a screenshot 😁

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaela said:

@dcdeb

These are super helpful, thank you! I did find @kreacher's Pinterest board too indeed, that has been of great help as well 😊

I don't have an actual photo, but I have the video you could take a screen shot from. Or I think there's a gif floating around somewhere. (EDIT: Oops, didn't see Michelle's post before I posted this. Sorry.)

And yeah, after I posted the Kanye pic I thought maybe it wasn't such a great connection.

I thought of a few others, too, that you might not have heard about.

Even though she's passed, Amy Winehouse.

2007-mika-amy-winehouse-perez-hilton2-sxsw.jpg

Mika with James Bay, Ellie Goulding, Priscilla Renae and others at a songwriter's retreat back in 2011:

2011-mika-marouatte-james-bay-ellie-goulding.jpg

Mika with actress Mamie Gummer (Meryl Streep's daughter) and Kid Cudi.

2009-09-paper-mag-cover.jpg

And from the same photo shoot, there was Kelly Osbourne, Tyson Ritter (All-American Rejects), Greta Gerwig, Avril Lavigne and others, and I think there was a photo of all of them together, but I don't seem to have it.

There are also photos from 2007 I think of Mika with a couple members of N Sync, Lance Bass and JC Chasez, if you're interested -- I know they're old news, but I still see Lance Bass making TikToks.

And I'm glad to hear your Mika TikToks are doing well!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Mika with James Bay, Ellie Goulding, Priscilla Renae and others at a songwriter's retreat back in 2011:

Oh yes, I remember this famous photo of Mika without his legs :lol3:

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 2

"Kick-Ass" London Film Premiere

Actor Aaron Johnson, actor Christopher Mintz Plasse, singer Mika, actress Chloe Moretz, screenwriter Jane Goldman and actor Mark Strong attend the 'Kick Ass' European film premiere at the Empire, Leicester Square on March 22, 2010 in London, England.

actor-aaron-johnson-actor-christopher-mi

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I don't have an actual photo, but I have the video you could take a screen shot from. Or I think there's a gif floating around somewhere. (EDIT: Oops, didn't see Michelle's post before I posted this. Sorry.)

And yeah, after I posted the Kanye pic I thought maybe it wasn't such a great connection.

I thought of a few others, too, that you might not have heard about.

Even though she's passed, Amy Winehouse.

2007-mika-amy-winehouse-perez-hilton2-sxsw.jpg

Mika with actress Mamie Gummer (Meryl Streep's daughter) and Kid Cudi.

2009-09-paper-mag-cover.jpg

And from the same photo shoot, there was Kelly Osbourne, Tyson Ritter (All-American Rejects), Greta Gerwig, Avril Lavigne and others, and I think there was a photo of all of them together, but I don't seem to have it.

There are also photos from 2007 I think of Mika with a couple members of N Sync, Lance Bass and JC Chasez, if you're interested -- I know they're old news, but I still see Lance Bass making TikToks.

And I'm glad to hear your Mika TikToks are doing well!

I knew about Amy but I had no idea about the others, thank you! 

15 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Omg now I can’t stop trying to figure out how he is…..Superman!? :lol3:

I told you he's a Genie, there surely is a lamp hidden behind the other people. :naughty: 

I don't know most of these people that are mentioned here, but then, I don't care much about celebs anymore, had my share of that in my teens/early 20s. :teehee: Anyway great to hear that it's doing well on Tiktok. :thumb_yello:

4 hours ago, Prisca said:

1676744788725.png

So happy they took a photo together! When I saw that she was present at this concert too I already hoped they would have interacted, and here we are 🥰

• Like 2