Sing along to "C'est La Vie", to appear in Mika's video!

mellody

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

Oh noo it just occurred to me yesterday that it's unclear what he meant. I did assume he meant today at midnight as well but wasn't 100% sure so rushed to finish it yesterday. I should have expressed my doubts here!!

Same! But then I thought it's just (stupid) me and that it's apparently clear to everyone elseĀ :dunno:

I also missed the deadline :(Ā november 2nd at midnight is technically last night, not november 1st.. Iā€™ve sent it to their competition email with a wetransfer link instead.. I added a bunch of little animations so I really hope my efforts werenā€™t for nothing.. I did get a blooper reel out of it tho xD

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

51 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

I also missed the deadline :(Ā november 2nd at midnight is technically last night, not november 1st.. Iā€™ve sent it to their competition email with a wetransfer link instead.. I added a bunch of little animations so I really hope my efforts werenā€™t for nothing.. I did get a blooper reel out of it tho xD

Ā 

Ā 

So sorry you missed the deadline, fingers crossed they might just take notice of your email. Love your blooper reel! TheĀ louboutins! šŸ¤£

Ā 

And I love your badges too!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hello Maaikie, your clip sounds nice! The "Louboutin" allusion is very funny! I tried to find the competition email address, but I didn't. Can you please give it to me please? Just like you, I was no disapointed not to be able to send my video after all the work I had done! Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

Hmmm, so it seems we weren't supposed to sing after allĀ :lol3:

Ā 

Maybe they changed their mind after hearing all our attempts of singing in French. :lmfao:Ā Mika, after watching a few of them "Ok I wish I hadn't said that it doesn't matter whether they speak French or can sing :facepalm:" :naughty:Ā (and of course I include myself in this! :lol3:)

Ā 

Anyway, they can still use the videos and just mute the sound - I assume that some of the fans in this video were actually singing as well, like the guy with the guitar and the mic.

Ā 

As I just said on the other thread, I wonder if there'll be a longer version in the landscape format that they asked us to send, maybe on youtube. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mika, after watching a few of them "Ok I wish I hadn't said that it doesn't matter whether they speak French or can sing :facepalm:" :naughty:

Oh yeah, the regrets...Ā :lmfao:

Ā 

And you're right, it's true that they required horizontal videos, so we'll see if there's anything else comingĀ :original:Ā 

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 9:41 AM, Maaikie... said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

only just watched this, haha, so funny! :lmfao:Ā My first attempts were exactly like that too, but I love how you do it with a smile! :thumb_yello:Ā Ā I was just likeĀ :badmood:Ā when I got it wrong AGAIN! šŸ˜…Ā 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 6:59 PM, CharlotteL said:

You could have played a trumpet solo or something, that would have been amazing!!
I'm determined to include your talents one day, if I suggest Billy Brown for a singing project it might have to do with the fact that it has a brass sectionĀ :cool:

Ā 

:lol3:Ā  I actually don't own a trumpet any more. I do still have my beloved clarinet though.

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

Hmmm, so it seems we weren't supposed to sing after allĀ :lol3:

Ā 

Who knows? I don't think they knew what they wanted. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Ā 

only just watched this, haha, so funny! :lmfao:Ā My first attempts were exactly like that too, but I love how you do it with a smile! :thumb_yello:Ā Ā I was just likeĀ :badmood:Ā when I got it wrong AGAIN! šŸ˜…Ā 

You non speaking French are so courageous! I must have been a huge work to learn this song in French. You both @mellodyĀ and @Maaikie...Ā are very good at it!Ā :bow:Ā I love to hear this song with different accents, it make it even more touching. So in my opinion, Mika should have kept the voices, it would have been an additional value...Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

In the end, I decided to post the karaoke video so that it doesn't completely go to waste after all the tongue twisting and other effortsĀ :lol3:Ā 

I'd love to see yours šŸ’—

Ā 

Bravo!

Ā 

You know, if you -- or any of you -- wants to post your videos that weren't used in Mika's video on Insta or TikTok, please tag the MFC or let me know, and I'll repost them. They shouldn't go to waste, as you say!

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Ā 

Bravo!

Ā 

You know, if you -- or any of you -- wants to post your videos that weren't used in Mika's video on Insta or TikTok, please tag the MFC or let me know, and I'll repost them. They shouldn't go to waste, as you say!

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you ā¤ļø
I tagged MFC and would be incredibly happy and grateful for repost - but only if you're not afraid it might ruin the MFC feedĀ :lol:Ā ā¤ļø

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The videos that were used in the fanvideo are official property of Universal Music I believe, so they officially cannot be posted. All others can.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, that's why I said "that weren't used in Mika's video" -- don't want to tangle with those lawyers!Ā  :no:

1 hour ago, Vero Bott said:

In the end, I decided to post the karaoke video so that it doesn't completely go to waste after all the tongue twisting and other effortsĀ :lol3:Ā 

Ā 

It is so beautiful. Really adorable.Ā :wub2:

Bravoooo Vero!Ā :flowers2:Ā 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

Ā 

love your little drawings and how you interact with them! :wub2:

Ā 

11 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The videos that were used in the fanvideo are official property of Universal Music I believe, so they officially cannot be posted. All others can.Ā 

Ā 

sure? I thought it just said in the rules that they have the right to use it for whatever they want, not that it becomes their property. Anyway, you could share the rest of your video I guess? They only used little snippets.

Ā 

I posted a different version on social media, with the guitar, because the original version is actually not in a key that is ideal for my voice. However, I put a lot of work in filming and especially editing my video for the competition, and they didn't use any of it, so I'm uploading it here, so you can see my chaotic attempts in using green screens and making it look a bit more interesting than just me singing into a camera for 3 minutes. :lol3:

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2